Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
There was a game on Miniclip a long time ago with a name like "Rooftop Rumble" or something similar. It was an online game where you went in and designed a BattleBot-esque robot and then could fight tons of other people. I remember the first things you could put on it as a new account were like, a plow and a sharp hook that swang down to hit the enemy.

I can't remember the name of it, any help would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm looking for an old thread here on SA from back around 06-07, titled something like 'The Day My Grandfather Destroyed the Bears'; it was a series of short snippets lasting for about 30-40 chapters that were about four characters who were ridiculous caricatures of 'manly men.'

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

FFStudios posted:

There was a game on Miniclip a long time ago with a name like "Rooftop Rumble" or something similar. It was an online game where you went in and designed a BattleBot-esque robot and then could fight tons of other people. I remember the first things you could put on it as a new account were like, a plow and a sharp hook that swang down to hit the enemy.

I can't remember the name of it, any help would be appreciated.

Ah I remember that too! I remember that you could buy slightly better equipment for something like five dollars for a flame thrower or something ridiculous like that. But I do remember envying the people who could afford them :(

William Shatner
May 11, 2005

Is today the day we will leave Ridgeview?
I'm looking for two things:

I've been looking for these two videos for years. I can't remember the name of #1, and #2 appears to be lost for all time.

1) A video that starts with a guy getting ready for work. He walks outside and bumps into a woman, all their stuff hits the ground. He notices that she was watching a TV and on that TV is a warning of an impending nuclear attack. Looking around, the city has gone crazy. As strangers, they both decided go upstairs and play mario cart, ping pong, etc.. The video ends with him asking her name, she silences him and the nuke hits as they look out the window.

All search results for this kind of thing brings up a phonebook of useless results.

#2) The Space Channel 5 (Dreamcast game) Japanese launch commercial. It's a strange live action commercial with a bunch of ballerinas that turn into baddies from SC5. There are a number of Space Channel 5 commercials out there that are false results - this one has ballerinas in it and is unmistakable.

Halp!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Boneitis posted:

Ah I remember that too! I remember that you could buy slightly better equipment for something like five dollars for a flame thrower or something ridiculous like that. But I do remember envying the people who could afford them :(

I found it, apparently it was called Robot Rage. They had a site for it with servers once MiniClip dropped it, but it has since gone down and you can't connect anymore.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
There was a Mario 64 Let's Play styled series of video on youtube where the player (who was maybe British??) had created his own insane story based around the game that he would narrate for the entirety of the video. I mean, like every level, every thing was part of this back story he created, that may or may not have involved time traveling at some point. I just remember him screaming "TELEPOR" every time he used a save state or something like that. Yeah, I think he worked emulation tools into the story telling... I hope I am not remembering this wrong.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I know that the retsupray people did one of his videos, so you can look for it there to find a link. Be prepared to be disappointed, he stops at the last level, Rainbow Road, without going back in time to kill Bowser or whatever it was he was going to do.

Mr.Electric Ocean
May 6, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

There was a Mario 64 Let's Play styled series of video on youtube where the player (who was maybe British??) had created his own insane story based around the game that he would narrate for the entirety of the video. I mean, like every level, every thing was part of this back story he created, that may or may not have involved time traveling at some point. I just remember him screaming "TELEPOR" every time he used a save state or something like that. Yeah, I think he worked emulation tools into the story telling... I hope I am not remembering this wrong.

This is the retsuprae of that one of the videos. I think there may be one or two more. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbvZeOnHI_w

The LPer is ELECTRICALBEAST.

take_it_slow
Jul 7, 2011

NTT posted:

I remember an old game called Teletubby Chainsaw Massacre, or something along those lines, and it owned. This was many, many years ago though, and I haven't been able to find it. I believe the site that had it was gophergas.com?

http://www.2atoms.com/game/play/teletubbies_mk.htm

proj
Jan 4, 2010
i've been trying to track down a video on youtube. It is somewhat difficult to explain, but here goes...

The video is about how colours move a body. It is all CGI. It revolves around 1 guy in, like, a production line and has different coloured liquids dropped on his head to make him move forward, backward, left and right... It then goes on to try and add multiple colours at once... Which results in an explosion of ragdoll shenanigans!

The humor in the video was very "portal-esque".

leebenningfield
Dec 11, 2004

This is Leviathan? This is your fucking guy?
I looked in the torrent posted on page 80, and I found a few of the Lord of the Rings gifs ("What if we use a catapult?", et. al.) but is there an archive anywhere of all the other gifs from that thread? Google has only led me to a few, and it looks like all of the links in the original thread are broken.

StrangerDangerous
Sep 26, 2012
I'm looking for a specific video, and I don't enough to go on to find it.

It's a clip from a video that was shown in my Drivers Ed class. It was demonstrating how you should stay within a truck's line of sight (don't go in the 'No-Zone', that's another completely separate video). It showed a black family driving on the highway, and the father doesn't realize that a truck doesn't see them. The truck starts to merge over, and the family has nowhere to go. They all start screaming, and they all die (it's assumed, the camera goes to black). It's absolutely hilarious.

If anyone knows where I can find this, I'd be very grateful.

Tweek
Feb 1, 2005

I have more disposable income than you.
I'm looking for a free album that was posted on these forums not too long back. It was called "Headphone sex" and it was ambient. Google yielded nothing, nor did searching the forums.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
I may be going crazy - please help me out.

I seem to remember a while back that someone on these very forums somehow had canyon.mid arranged and played by a symphonic band, but I can't find it anywhere. Help!

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Remember Silent Library?

Those guys once did this thing where 3 of them were locked in a school gym and tormented for 24 hours straight. I cant find it anywhere. Does anybody have any idea?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hammer Floyd posted:

Remember Silent Library?

Those guys once did this thing where 3 of them were locked in a school gym and tormented for 24 hours straight. I cant find it anywhere. Does anybody have any idea?

I found a few janky video sites hosting it with the google search terms "4 men locked in a gym for 24 hours." Doesn't seem to be on youtube or MTV (which seems to have the rights to Silent Library now.)

GueroDeEncanta
Jan 28, 2005

The first thing I ever remember discovering online, through like Webcrawler, was Bill the Sadistic Stick Man. Anyone know where I can find that?

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Hammer Floyd posted:

Remember Silent Library?

It is called 24 Hour Tag, I don't have a link for it but there might be one in the depths of the Japanese TV thread.

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Yeah, that's 24 Hour Tag

Here's part 1
Here's part 2

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
Does anyone remember the goon whose roommate studied spiders or something and he had all of those Golden Orb Weavers just freely chilling in his house? I believe it was in GBS and he had like a walkthrough video tour of it. I wanted to show a friend the video, but I can't for the life of me find it on youtube.

I wish I could remember an approximate time frame it was in, but I really can't off the top of my head. I want to say either 2009 or 2010.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

You are amazing. Thanks!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Does anyone remember some (youtube?) videos of a crazy woman in a bubble bath while her son, who I'm almost positive was named Caleb or Kaleb or something, recorded it? She was batshit crazy and a naturalist-vegan-holistic crystals kind of person. She also had a website or blogspot of sorts. I think the son was like 13 and had bowl cut blonde hair.

davebees
Feb 18, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

Does anyone remember some (youtube?) videos of a crazy woman in a bubble bath while her son, who I'm almost positive was named Caleb or Kaleb or something, recorded it? She was batshit crazy and a naturalist-vegan-holistic crystals kind of person. She also had a website or blogspot of sorts. I think the son was like 13 and had bowl cut blonde hair.

Channel was called 'lifeofagreatmommy' and was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen. She deleted her account, here's a mirror of one of her videos. (slightly :nms:)

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

I remember seeing a parody edit of 2001: A Space Odyssey that included spinning the space station back and forth while playing record scratching sounds, and in the scene where the astronaut is an old man facing the monolith, the monolith says the man has one more test to pass, and he must say "racecar" backwards. The man just mumbles awkwardly, the monolith says "Close enough."

It was one of the first videos I saw online when video started to get attainable on my connection (I think this was slightly pre-youtube). It's probably not aged that well.

Deputy Dangerous
Mar 20, 2011

90% gravity

Starno posted:

Channel was called 'lifeofagreatmommy' and was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen. She deleted her account, here's a mirror of one of her videos. (slightly :nms:)

To add on to this, there's a mediafire of all the videos she's made. I've yet to sift through it and I don't think I'll be able to.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I've been thinking about this old video that I saw a couple years ago that I want to show my friends: I think it was a Budweiser sponsored event where a ninja with a mustache (or some type of martial arts guy) fights a boxer, resulting quickly in the ninja being taken out on a stretcher.

Could anyone help me out with this one?

Starker44
May 14, 2012

I'm looking for a web series that's not that old. It has Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Mario and peaches daughter, Bowser, Samus, Kid Icarus, Mega Man. It was a comedy and they made 12-15 episodes about 10mins a piece and were funny as poo poo. I also remember there was a green mushroom in the url bar next to the web address. Also Princess peach looked a lot like Kaitlin Olson. And it reveals why Kid Icarus is terrified of egg plants.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Starker44 posted:

I'm looking for a web series that's not that old. It has Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Mario and peaches daughter, Bowser, Samus, Kid Icarus, Mega Man. It was a comedy and they made 12-15 episodes about 10mins a piece and were funny as poo poo. I also remember there was a green mushroom in the url bar next to the web address. Also Princess peach looked a lot like Kaitlin Olson. And it reveals why Kid Icarus is terrified of egg plants.

Closest I can think of this is the excellent Smash Brothers Sin City parody There Will Be Brawl.

Starker44
May 14, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

Closest I can think of this is the excellent Smash Brothers Sin City parody There Will Be Brawl.

That's not it. The web series took place at a hotel and the characters were introduced as they showed up in their limo's for some panel thing they were all apart of. Mega man was the biggest star (and gay). Link and has a crush on samus but is always making out with zelda. While luigi killed someone, and mario's daughter is hanging with bowser cus he's cool by smoking.

Starker44
May 14, 2012

I found it :woop:

Video Game Reunion
http://vgr.atom.com/#!s1/episodes

If you havn't watched them, then stop everything and do it!

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Professor Shark posted:

I've been thinking about this old video that I saw a couple years ago that I want to show my friends: I think it was a Budweiser sponsored event where a ninja with a mustache (or some type of martial arts guy) fights a boxer, resulting quickly in the ninja being taken out on a stretcher.

Could anyone help me out with this one?
I dunno about the Budweiser-part, but the fight sure sounds a lot like when Scott Morris got more than he bargained for right in is face by Patrick Smith at UFC 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVSpZZHBupA

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

torjus posted:

I dunno about the Budweiser-part, but the fight sure sounds a lot like when Scott Morris got more than he bargained for right in is face by Patrick Smith at UFC 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVSpZZHBupA

Similar, but not the same. The video I'm looking for is even less of a fight, the boxer just shrugs in a "what did you expect?" manner at the end while the EMTs are getting the ninja guy taken to the hospital.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Professor Shark posted:

Similar, but not the same. The video I'm looking for is even less of a fight, the boxer just shrugs in a "what did you expect?" manner at the end while the EMTs are getting the ninja guy taken to the hospital.
Wait, is this the guy who was trying to fight with ki blasts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd7M4H0b62k No moustache but he has a goatee thing. Watch for a minute or so, then skip to 3:45 for the MMA bit.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
I remember seeing this Youtube video one time in which the trench run and other assorted crap from Star Wars were redone in deliberately hilariously bad Poser(esque) animation, with this really cheesy funk version of the Imperial March playing in the background. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Solvalou
Aug 31, 2001

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

I remember seeing this Youtube video one time in which the trench run and other assorted crap from Star Wars were redone in deliberately hilariously bad Poser(esque) animation, with this really cheesy funk version of the Imperial March playing in the background. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJRSioOtpTM

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
Somewhat incredibly, I managed to forget the most important detail. Thank you, though.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Wojtek posted:

Looking for a picture of a guy laying down who took a picture of himself with a flatscreen sitting on his lap. He's watching anime and the angle is such that it looks like he's loving some cat ear girl or something.
Still desperately searching for this image :smith:

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
There was a thread some time ago on here were a person was doing sample scripts based on ideas from goons. Someone posted an idea of baseing Les Misérables in the mid 70's. The script that was written for the scene where Jean Valjean is going to rescue Cosette from Thénardiers (or the 70's NY version)

The scene was awesome and I believe the person who wrote it saved it on a pdf file. I'm looking for the pdf file.

poop device
Mar 6, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
There was a remix of the Doctor Who theme included with a version of Fruity Loops some time back. version 3, or 4, or 2 even? Where is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Tweek posted:

I'm looking for a free album that was posted on these forums not too long back. It was called "Headphone sex" and it was ambient. Google yielded nothing, nor did searching the forums.

Part of the problem is that it's spelled 'Hedphone', at least in the version I have:

Artist: Advanced Healing
Album: Hedphone Sex II

• Locked thread