Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
I should probably rephrase that. You didn't ruin the experience, but you did make yourself look like a little poo poo who couldn't handle some very mild goon antics. Destroying the one thing that game had going for it, community and interaction with other goons, was never worth coming back to even if you begged me and promised to choke down a bleach cocktail. Why you continue to stick around here is beyond me.

I was going to ask why you bother sticking around, and then saw that your last bajillion posts are for LOL. Makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

GOON DRAMA!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

jetz0r posted:

GOON DRAMA!

Hahah I can't resist, it's just too funny. Especially months down the line

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
I want to give this a try. Does anyone still play on Luclin?

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

funzo2226 posted:

Test has been hosed up the past couple days. Other than this blip, it's been stable for the last 2 or 3 months.

Well it just seems like everytime I find a niche and this game becomes enjoyable something happens.

Whether it's a nerf to missions that were giving sweet xp, SC no longer being able to be used for subscriptions, etc.

I'm thinking that test will no probably cease to be Free to Play or they will close the loophole that will allow you to trade items that were testcopied.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Ante Christ posted:

Well it just seems like everytime I find a niche and this game becomes enjoyable something happens.

Whether it's a nerf to missions that were giving sweet xp, SC no longer being able to be used for subscriptions, etc.

I'm thinking that test will no probably cease to be Free to Play or they will close the loophole that will allow you to trade items that were testcopied.

Honestly I'm kind of waiting for that too. I've enjoyed a couple months on test playing for free, but really after beating the crap out of the major Velious, Luclin, and PoP raid bosses I don't know how much more fun I can have playing this game.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

gepgepgep posted:

Goonrush was a blast, but Kodaji's power trip ruined the experience for me. Nonetheless it was certainly a blast. I tried to go over to Vanguard and that's when I noticed they changed their sub policy with regards to SC. With the game preventing you from wearing raid tier items there's no way in hell I'd consider leveling up...for a raiding game...if I can't legitimately F2P.

I do find it funny that of all the games I've played that are F2P with cash shops, Lineage 2 is by far the most unnecessary. NEVER would have expected that Korean grindfest to hold that honor.

Kodaji was a p. cool dude iirc

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kodaji was nothing but nice and helpful to me. He's OK in my book for what it's worth.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Speaking as a guy who loves the gently caress out of Kodaji because he IS Kodaji, thanks guys :) That dude's one of the immortal Nero three that I jokingly guildbooted one night and they exploded across multiple pages of this thread, made a new guild named something like "Kodaji Hitler", attempted to recruit everyone else for their new guild, then moved to Somalia (FV) when everyone laughed at them and kept right on ignoring them. Apparently they're still butthurt, so now we all get to laugh at them all over again.

It's really the least interesting GOON DRAMA ever, it just keeps getting dragged up because those three are just THAT butthurt that the other 50 of us gave no fucks when they threw a fit. Somalian Justice :c00lbert:

On a happier/funnier topic, anyone remember that guy we jokingly guildinvited from Landric's guild who spewed for a solid 3 hours about how he robbed Target and car stereos, then broke his legs falling off of a fence 30 minutes after getting out of prison because he was trying to run from the cops his mother called on him? Best Thing.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

MrTheDevious posted:

Speaking as a guy who loves the gently caress out of Kodaji because he IS Kodaji, thanks guys :) That dude's one of the immortal Nero three that I jokingly guildbooted one night and they exploded across multiple pages of this thread, made a new guild named something like "Kodaji Hitler", attempted to recruit everyone else for their new guild, then moved to Somalia (FV) when everyone laughed at them and kept right on ignoring them. Apparently they're still butthurt, so now we all get to laugh at them all over again.

It's really the least interesting GOON DRAMA ever, it just keeps getting dragged up because those three are just THAT butthurt that the other 50 of us gave no fucks when they threw a fit. Somalian Justice :c00lbert:

On a happier/funnier topic, anyone remember that guy we jokingly guildinvited from Landric's guild who spewed for a solid 3 hours about how he robbed Target and car stereos, then broke his legs falling off of a fence 30 minutes after getting out of prison because he was trying to run from the cops his mother called on him? Best Thing.

Oh my god please stop talking about this drama, if it's no big deal just let it die there is no need to defend yourself. I click on this thread hoping to hear people talk about EQ and this happens like twice a week ahhhhhh

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Kodaji was one of the driving forces of the guild, and a great initiator of groups and raids, so :getout:

Now let's get back to the lively discussion of the actual game. Uhmm... :tumbleweeds:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

This was one of the funniest things I've ever seen/heard in EQ. I remember just literally being unable to breathe from laughing so hard for so long.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Was that Ryantear?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Keith Stone posted:

Was that Ryantear?

YES YES YES! I could not for the life of me remember his name, but that was hands down the hardest and longest I have ever laughed in any game. I don't think anything else will ever come close to that and I'm glad so many goons were there to experience the magic with me.

Also, thanks Zliz :hfive:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

YES YES YES! I could not for the life of me remember his name, but that was hands down the hardest and longest I have ever laughed in any game. I don't think anything else will ever come close to that and I'm glad so many goons were there to experience the magic with me.

Also, thanks Zliz :hfive:

Are there any chat logs to this?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I think somewhere in this thread I posted screenshots of the whole thing

Edit - nm couldn't find it, must've been in the old thread which I think is archived now

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Allow me to help a brutha out.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
RIP to all our fallen heroes, and the goon guild. It was just too beautiful for this world. RIP to the butt doctor, Gnonotmybutt. Who knew "Now let me tell you about bitcoins" could troll an entire server. Goonspeed.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Oh God yes, it's still just as funny as the first time around. Thank you so much for tracking that down.

Also RIP Buttdoctor, the world just wasn't ready for your help. We'll always remember you telling us about your buttcoins :shobon:

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

I still remember the good doctor calling some guy fat in general, that guy then saying, "gently caress you I'm in the army", the good doctor asking him if his unit was the 403rd donut, and the guy then rage logging.

Anyone get into the RoF beta yet?

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

For any goons interested we have a progression guild going on a non progression server. Perfect for people who don't have or want a gold sub and want to see and raid the old content. Currently in Planes of Power expansion and locked at level 65. PM me for details.

Bonnono fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 11, 2012

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

meat gnome posted:

I still remember the good doctor calling some guy fat in general, that guy then saying, "gently caress you I'm in the army", the good doctor asking him if his unit was the 403rd donut, and the guy then rage logging.

Anyone get into the RoF beta yet?

Oh god he was so beautiful. I LOVE YOU BUTT DOCTOR. :(. Even when people put him on ignore, he still managed to keep trolling. "Ben "Hot off the press" Bernanke."

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Keith Stone posted:

Allow me to help a brutha out.

That was some of the funniest and most bizarre poo poo I've been a part of in EQ.

Now I just need a job that requires less work-doing so I can play on Test again.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Everquest 1: I'm for paul and geengrich and whoever else white

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

MrTheDevious posted:

Everquest 1: I'm for paul and geengrich and whoever else white

Sometimes I troll general just by saying "obama" and seeing where it goes from there. I have yet to find a better :effort: to results ratio than that.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
So now that /testcopy is working again. what is the best way to get a full set of Abtruse Armor for my level 80 Mage and Shadowknight?

Should I buy up Vanadium on a live server and wait for the drops to rot in Tier 1 zones? Can someone make them for me on Test or Live and send them to me?

Vildeor is level 86 with a j5 merc and 1,000 aa's when will my 3 box group be able to Handle HoT?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Sometimes I troll general just by saying "obama" and seeing where it goes from there. I have yet to find a better :effort: to results ratio than that.

I have great results by replying: obamas' america to just about anything anyone says in general :toot:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Yeah I've found that EQ players (based on global channels) are a highly conservative group. That might explain why I don't have many friends in the game.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

Node posted:

Yeah I've found that EQ players (based on global channels) are a highly conservative group. That might explain why I don't have many friends in the game.

Firiona vie especially. Holy poo poo, I'm amazed at how rabidly right wing that server is. It's like the opposite of everything else I come across online. EQ's aging playerbase maybe.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Any suggestions on how to powerlevel a druid on a progression server ? So no mercs available. I have a 60+ shaman to assist.

If they were a meele I'd just let them tank and out-of-group heal them etc, but with a caster like a druid its not as though they can tank away much beyond the early levels.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

No More Heroes posted:

I have great results by replying: obamas' america to just about anything anyone says in general :toot:

I've found "wtc7 was a controlled implosion" to be a great ice breaker in general chat.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Node posted:

Weird, I haven't gotten that impression, but I don't go in general.

Being in a raid guild probably changes a lot of that. There's still the expected internet libertarians, but I don't deal with many actual conservatives.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

jetz0r posted:

Weird, I haven't gotten that impression, but I don't go in general.

Being in a raid guild probably changes a lot of that. There's still the expected internet libertarians, but I don't deal with many actual conservatives.

Disregard this.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

jetz0r posted:

Disregard this.

You went in general, didn't you?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Meow Tse-tung posted:

You went in general, didn't you?

No, I saw a bunch of birthers in guildchat.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I was grouping HoT or some poo poo and had to listen to stuff like that for hours. Some lady and a Black-ops Special Forces Delta Tier1 army guy were chatting about terrible politics and how RonPaul was the only one not gonna take away their guns. Talked about how they had their stockpiles of rice buckets in their shelters and pleading us that we should get some. I couldn't leave because I was desperate for XP and the drops, and it was hard to find a group for a DPS-class :(

Me and the wiz just had to sigh and talk poo poo about them in PMs to get through it

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Do we have a list of the goons on Test?

I'm in as Thalyn, 79 necro. I spend most of my time killing Kunark/Velious bosses because grinding XP is such a chore, even with potions and Lesson.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Carl Seitan posted:

Do we have a list of the goons on Test?

I'm in as Thalyn, 79 necro. I spend most of my time killing Kunark/Velious bosses because grinding XP is such a chore, even with potions and Lesson.

We're all just kinda halfass on Test since it's free. I'm Kodaji/Dyllana when I'm on, but I'm not on much. I think our Luclin Goon presence just burned too brightly and was too loving hilarious/fun to survive. That said, it was hands down the most fun few months I've ever had in an MMO. Ryantear and Gnonotmybutt I'll be laughing at 50 years from now :ohdear:

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
I play as eriksson / tanbkek / Lumius on test (whenever I do actually play that is. 70 war / 70 shaman / 75 wizard . We should make a channel or something if we don't already have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

It's serverwide.gchat, but gently caress if I remember what password we changed to after someone hijacked the original serverwide.goons