Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
This Guest Presenter thing is quite old now, maybe they should seriously look for a proper one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Sion posted:

Nothing better to do.

Surely there are better people who have nothing to do

SeanBeansShako posted:

This Guest Presenter thing is quite old now, maybe they should seriously look for a proper one?

If they were to get a regular host again, I'm pulling for Alexander Armstrong.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

onoflalks posted:

If they were to get a regular host again, I'm pulling for Alexander Armstrong.
Yeah same, he reads the gag lines as tongue-in-cheek rather than totally dry sarcasm, it makes it more fun to watch and doesn't come across as bitchy like it does for a lot of the presenters.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

SeanBeansShako posted:

Absolutely, seems it just seems to be spreading given that Buzzcocks does the same thing (and it's equally irritating). You need someone who can provide a constant tone and flow to a show or it just seems too disjointed week to week.

Armstrong seems fine to me too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm fine with Armstrong, he has done well in the past.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

SeanBeansShako posted:

It's a formula that's worked well in the past. Hell, it's a formula that keeps Buzzcocks limping along.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Armstrong's hosting the week after Jo "my husband, eh? tuh" Brand, guests are professional brother-to-Giles Victoria Coren and ex-con ex-Telegraph owner Conrad "The Obstructor" Black

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I think the producers know they should have Armstrong presenting full time. It feels like he's on it all the time.

I don't agree that guest presenters keeps these shows fresh. A well-chosen guest can do exactly the same.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

onoflalks posted:

brother-to-Giles Victoria Coren

:raise: David Mitchell's in for a shock pretty soon then.

I'd almost like to see Deayton on as a guest presenter, or maybe just guest.

Andore
Aug 27, 2003

I wish Armstrong would change his repertoire on Pointless. Everyone is a great contestant who he's so sad to see go because they gave fantastic answers. I really like the show's format but fast forward through his patter because it gets so repetitive. They could easily make the show half an hour if they didn't spend so much time recapping or patronising the contestants.

BiggusDickus
Apr 18, 2008
They should just get Angus Deayton back. Never should've sacked him anyway.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Does anyone know what the gently caress the C4 continuity announcers are playing at with this "Today I am dressed as a..." business? They did this before and I'm buggered if I can work it out. Is it a haloween costume thing?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

BiggusDickus posted:

No, they really, really should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMXiR089ARQ

"I'll turn it off, and put it on again..."

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Trickjaw posted:

Does anyone know what the gently caress the C4 continuity announcers are playing at with this "Today I am dressed as a..." business? They did this before and I'm buggered if I can work it out. Is it a haloween costume thing?

I dunno, it seems a bit purposeless. They did something similar at Christmas last year; kept announcing "The Simpsons" as "The Thompsons" or "The Pembertons". And then stopped all of a sudden. Very peculiar.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Irisi posted:

I dunno, it seems a bit purposeless. They did something similar at Christmas last year; kept announcing "The Simpsons" as "The Thompsons" or "The Pembertons". And then stopped all of a sudden. Very peculiar.

Thats it. Absolutley nonsensical.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

You bastards got me watching the Great British Bake Off and now it's the grand final. Mon Glasgow Uni wanker.I've not been learning their names

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

Andore posted:

I wish Armstrong would change his repertoire on Pointless. Everyone is a great contestant who he's so sad to see go because they gave fantastic answers. I really like the show's format but fast forward through his patter because it gets so repetitive. They could easily make the show half an hour if they didn't spend so much time recapping or patronising the contestants.

The blame there really lies with the BBC stretching out the show so much. It takes so long to get through the questions and the answers, and then repeating them it takes what could be an interesting quiz show and makes it boring. Personally I prefer The Chase, if only because its a much snappier format.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

onoflalks posted:

You bastards got me watching the Great British Bake Off and now it's the grand final. Mon Glasgow Uni wanker.I've not been learning their names

Aaaah, I'm so excited. I've got a cup of tea and little fairy cake with pink icing to eat while I'm watching and I don't care how twee I'm being.

Bishy
May 2, 2003

Come on now Master Eugene
Anyone watching the Bake Off final? Brendan's presentation is awesome, but I can't help but think James is gonna to take it. I don't like John at all.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

BiggusDickus posted:

Considering what they covered up and over looked with Savilles antics, cheating on your wife with hookers and cocaine isn't such a bad deal now*.

*Unless of course, you are his ex wife and former dealer.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Bishy posted:

Anyone watching the Bake Off final? Brendan's presentation is awesome, but I can't help but think James is gonna to take it. I don't like John at all.

Brendans' gonna win, even if he is a bit smug. I feel it in my bones (should point out I have a horrible track record at these things, was convinced Mary Anne would stomp all the competition last year)

Also, the dread Soggy Bottom has just struck James' pie. Would still have stuck it in my gob though.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Irisi posted:

Brendans' gonna win, even if he is a bit smug. I feel it in my bones (should point out I have a horrible track record at these things, was convinced Mary Anne would stomp all the competition last year)

Also, the dread Soggy Bottom has just struck James' pie. Would still have stuck it in my gob though.

Soggy pastry owns, when my mum makes steak pie, I make a bee line for the soggy pastry, then cover the flaky stuff in the pie contents to make it soggy.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Sod the lot of you. I like John and his ultra-camp flapping.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

John makes me think of Nathan Barley. He's only doing this ironically and poo poo, yeh?

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Oh no! James! His delicious raw cake goo all over the floor :( (I think it was the English-themed one. Alex Salmond probably pushed it over)

I'd probably just sit down and cry on Mary Berrys' shoulder at that point, because i am a wuss, and you apparently need nerves of steel and balls to match to be a winner on this programme.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

onoflalks posted:

John makes me think of Nathan Barley. He's only doing this ironically and poo poo, yeh?

What begat Chaos, again? I was distracted. Ian Hislop next.

e:Aaw. love him, he's filling up.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 16, 2012

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Trickjaw posted:

What begat Chaos, again? I was distracted. Ian Hislop next.

Tartarus, apparently. You learn summat new every day.

(The hell-cake looks delicious too. God, I'm starving)

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Those were some loving nice cakes. Oh yeah.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I'm on the edge of my seat about cakes.loving CAKES! :argh:

WELL loving HELL!

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 16, 2012

FractionMan
Dec 24, 2003

Bringing back the balls to Rock
James has hosed up now. He went too far.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Poor James :( He was ambitious...a bit too ambitious. Crashed at the last moment.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Well now. Didn't see that coming.

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
Ask me about being the strongest janitor since Roger Wilco
What bollocks, not happy with that at all. Look at me getting angry over a baking show.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

onoflalks posted:

I think that's harsh, he seems a very sincere and nice guy even if I'm not sure he should have won

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

John! The man put salt in his rum babas by accident in week 1. Salt!

I really feel Brendan was robbed. There may have been something a wee bit sinister about him, but the man knew his baking.

But overall, what a lovely programme :3: And nice to see all the competitors back for the finale. I loved Cathryn especially, being all chipper at the camera again.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Wheeler Dealers now :getin:

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
I liked the where they are now bit. Cathryn and Sarah- Jane are running a market stall together :) I hope they throw their dough everywhere.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Ben Soosneb posted:

I liked the where they are now bit. Cathryn and Sarah- Jane are running a market stall together :) I hope they throw their dough everywhere.

I hope its selling bakery products, not electrical equipment, or cheap slippers.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
Brendan should have won. harrumph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Christ what an absolute wanker:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19962465