Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

The SARS Volta posted:

I went to middle and high school with Joshua James, who had songs in both the S3 and S4 premieres.

Yeah I'm pretty awesome, I know

To be fair, S4 intro with "Coal War" was great. One of the times the music team has been spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I've got SoA on the tv and the presidential debates on the pc, and the debates are more interesting.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Alright, well that part was more interesting than the debate I guess.

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.

davebo posted:

Alright, well that part was more interesting than the debate I guess.

Disney makes a pretty solid snow globe.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
Unser.. :drat:

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.
Unser gonna die, and it ain't the cancer.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
I'm watching the encore and Smits just said "chingarme". Spanish F-bomb ahoy!

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

SAMB0 posted:

Unser.. :drat:

Yeah, that was brutal. I especially liked when he told her that she didn't have any friends, just people who did things for her.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I don't watch SoA for the rainbows but, did anyone else think this episode was particularly nihilistic? I mean between the casual murder of that dude's wife, that whole crazy poo poo with Nero's sister, and the lingering on the head-bashing with the snow globe, it felt like an especially dark episode. Not sure who I should be rooting for on the show anymore.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Sutter confusing grim and gritty with drama.

Also, the episode's theme was everyone lying to each other about everything.

Finally, was the last scene supposed to be some big shock?

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 17, 2012

Devintownsend
Mar 17, 2009
So, Tara is totally killing Otto next week right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a strong loving snow globe.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

Cluricaun posted:

Disney makes a pretty solid snow globe.

I have to admit, I was a little bit disappointed it wasn't playing "It's a Small World."

Or at least a decent cover of it.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
My DVR sucks, and cut off before the episode actually ended. I got up to Juice dropping Clay off somewhere, right after the bar scene with Gemma and the guy from the soup. Can somebody sum up what I missed in spoiler text?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I think Sutter is actively trying to break a television record for the amount of forced blowjobs written into one episode.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

Hayden posted:

My DVR sucks, and cut off before the episode actually ended. I got up to Juice dropping Clay off somewhere, right after the bar scene with Gemma and the guy from the soup. Can somebody sum up what I missed in spoiler text?

Clay goes inside,where the three nomads are hanging out. He punches one and says "Idiots, you weren't supposed to kill her"

That Joel McHale cameo was weak. I hope when Louie C.K. is on he awkwardly hits on Gemma and an equally if not more awkward sex scene ensues.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend
Hey Kurt Sutter, Thanks for hitting us over the head (with a snowglobe :v: ) that Clay is behind the guys behind the the home invasions, 'cuz I couldn't figure that poo poo out myself.

What I really can't figure out is how many people does Clay have to gently caress over before he gets dead? Is he gonna break into prison next week and kick Otto in the nuts for no reason? Is he gonna hawk a loogie in Unser's face? Is he goona key Pope's Rolls?

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I like when Pope told Jax that it was someone inside his crew. Jax goes to get out of the car and you can feel Pope internally roll his eyes and think, "god you're a loving moron" before he told Jax to wait and to actually think about it for a moment.

He apparently thought Jax was good at getting to the bottom of things.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

KilGrey posted:

I like when Pope told Jax that it was someone inside his crew. Jax goes to get out of the car and you can feel Pope internally roll his eyes and think, "god you're a loving moron" before he told Jax to wait and to actually think about it for a moment.

He apparently thought Jax was good at getting to the bottom of things.

Well obviously he hasn't been watching this show. :colbert:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Why wasn't Shane in this episode?

Monkeypoop
May 2, 2003

Your One True God

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Because Venus Van Damme needs room to breathe between appearances. I'm sure she's a very busy girl.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

DEAR RICHARD posted:

If she was, Jax could've beat that guard to death with Tig's boner.

edit:
Don't worry, FX is replaying last week's episode right now. We're about five minutes away from Venus.

Donny Brook fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 17, 2012

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Just caught up on season 5: Jesus this show is Not Good.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
I thought you guys were stretching a bit with all the cuckold jokes about Kurt but after that episode... I can totally see it.

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

I thought you guys were stretching a bit with all the cuckold jokes about Kurt but after that episode... I can totally see it.

That was actually pretty much the only thing running through my mind. I'm still unsure whether that made it better or worse.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
wow what a shocking twist that literally everybody saw coming

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Devintownsend posted:

So, Tara is totally killing Otto next week right?

I'm 50/50 on that or Sutter being egotistical enough to actually have her give him a bj.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Armyman25 posted:

While reading the thread along with the show I'd accidentally come across this ahead of time and thought that maybe he killed Nero or something. When the reveal came I was legitimately confused:

"All of that...wasn't intended to be obvious?"

Knowing that someone out there was :tviv: by that reveal leaves me at a total loss.

Donny Brook posted:

Hey Kurt Sutter, Thanks for hitting us over the head (with a snowglobe :v: ) that Clay is behind the guys behind the the home invasions, 'cuz I couldn't figure that poo poo out myself.

What I really can't figure out is how many people does Clay have to gently caress over before he gets dead? Is he gonna break into prison next week and kick Otto in the nuts for no reason? Is he gonna hawk a loogie in Unser's face? Is he goona key Pope's Rolls?

Clay, loving...:bang:

Okay, now I feel a little better. How is he still alive? Honestly. How? How has no one pieced together that all the people that voted Clay's way are all the people who have been close to him: the three guys he brought in and his caretaker, Juice?

How was Clay not top of Jax's list of suspects? "Huh, not Pope? Must be Clay."

Clay has plot armor that rivals comic book characters. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we got a flashback scene of Opie's death with Clay in a dredlocked wig and blackface.

And this is in no way a slight against Perlman. In fact this show is the ideal example of how a great cast can carry a terribly-written show. Sutter should thank his lucky cunts stars that he and his writing team has the cast they do.

Rhyno posted:

That was a strong loving snow globe.

And it didn't so much as skip a note; that's quality craftsman ship right there.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I think Sutter is actively trying to break a television record for the amount of forced blowjobs written into one episode.

Well, then he totally wasted an opportunity to cram (hehe, "cram"...) another one in in the scene with the prison guard, who was willing to "do anything". You know Tig would have been up for it.

Speaking of Tig, I'm really surprised Tig he didn't get killed by the Sheriff already, with those scratches on his neck. Ah well, next week then.

Edit:
I meant that he actually had a run-in with the sheriff, the sheriff saw the claw marks and did his thing.
vvvvvvvvvvv

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 17, 2012

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

Speaking of Tig, I'm really surprised Tig he didn't get killed by the Sheriff already, with those scratches on his neck. Ah well, next week then.

The sheriff only confronted Jax, Bobby and Chibs. Tig wasn't there for some reason.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Seams posted:

The sheriff only confronted Jax, Bobby and Chibs. Tig wasn't there for some reason.

He was disposing of the bodies of the prison guard and his wife.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Armyman25 posted:

Sutter confusing grim and gritty with drama.

Also, the episode's theme was everyone lying to each other about everything.

I find it rather ironic that Pope is by far the most honest and trustworthy person on show after his introduction. He's brutal and cruel but he's somewhat fair and the ultimate businessman gangster. I'm rooting for him now gently caress the Sons.

Also who wants to bet that Tig will eat a bullet or have something horrible happen to him now that he has a matching neck scar. Let's hope Roesy kills him and the nomads (and Clay, loving kill him already this is getting tiring).

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

So, this show does not get a happy ending right?

I mean, most everyone on the show has committed not just a crime but something that was probably morally vile.

I'd be curious to see a tally of all the people the key players have offed throughout the seasons. Once upon a time I thought Jax was still playing the anti-hero role and the people he capped were probably vile and deserved it (Rollins offed his Mom, the crooked Fed guy was going to rape the girl etc) but I figure the death of the guard will put him safely in the No One Here Gets Out Alive category.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Color me loving shocked that Clay was the ring leader for operation Loot Charming.

I am making an ironic jerk off hand gesture irl.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Ghostpilot posted:

He was disposing of the bodies of the prison guard and his wife.

Ah, right.

hatelull posted:

So, this show does not get a happy ending right?

I mean, most everyone on the show has committed not just a crime but something that was probably morally vile.

I'd be curious to see a tally of all the people the key players have offed throughout the seasons. Once upon a time I thought Jax was still playing the anti-hero role and the people he capped were probably vile and deserved it (Rollins offed his Mom, the crooked Fed guy was going to rape the girl etc) but I figure the death of the guard will put him safely in the No One Here Gets Out Alive category.

Considering the Sons can't make themselves breakfast without some innocent person getting killed over some dumb scheme of theirs I'm actively rooting against them at this point. My "Sons are Shitheads" prediction for the coming week is that Unser is killed after going after Tig because he thinks he's one of the home invaders.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Judging from the previews it looks like Unser sleuths his way into the pretty loving obvious mastermind behind the home invasions, and Clay summarily has him capped while twirling his mustache in order to keep his diabolical plan in motion.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

The whole thing about this episode is there was some legitimately good parts that just get overshadowed by JAX YOU ARE loving DUMB. Hey, if Clay manages to bring three people into the club that always vote with him, maybe there's something going on there!

At the same time, Unser yelling at Gemma and Jax killing the guard (though I had figured that Sutter being Sutter, it would have been a huge drawn out torture scene like when they burned the guys tattoo off in S1) were interesting enough. Jax's interactions with Pope aren't bad, we get to see the kingpin start to mentor someone who's torn between becoming that kingpin or getting out altogether. The whole, "We should do this more often, I miss you guys" made me chuckle.

But, everything with Clay is just frustrating and he needed to be written off six episodes ago. I don't get why Juice is Clay's bitch instead of Goon Member. And Happy needs to play a bigger role, because he rules.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Ghostpilot posted:

How was Clay not top of Jax's list of suspects? "Huh, not Pope? Must be Clay."

Yeah, this is what I meant by my post above. For christsake, Pope knows nothing about the internal shitstorm that's gone on with the Sons and even HE figured out it was someone on the inside. You can totally see his internal eye roll at the fact Jax hasn't figured it out on his own and that he has to tell him. Jax is half way out of the car and Pope is finally like, " :rolleyes: Wait...Maybe it's someone on the inside. Think about it for a second." And Jax is all, "hurf a durf maybe :downs:"

I almost wish I could call Pope and be like, "Dude, the money isn't even worth it. Stay away from SAMCRO before you get run over by the stupid train."

hatelull posted:

Eh...the guard was vile and deserved it. His wife didn't but at that point what are they doing to do? She's seen their faces and their cuts so she knows who they are. If anything they should have been even more pissed at Pope because it was his guy that told him the wife would be gone until 6pm. Christ...they should be questioning how hosed up it is for Pope to give them the guard period seeing as how the guard was just acting on Popes orders to begin with.

I worry that Unser isn't going to make it out of this season. He's never been one of Clay's favorite people. He's held a long time torch for Gemma and despite what he told Gemma tonight he'd always back up Gemma and now he's asking to many spot on questions about the break ins. Clay wouldn't think twice about offing him. I didn't quite catch what he was trying to do (if anything) when he was talking to Clay in the hospital though. Was he letting Clay know he was on to him or has he really not sorted it out yet and was just unfortunately thinking out loud to the wrong person? There is no one else in Charming that fits the 'stir the pot' description he was talking about but Clay. With all of that I can't imagine Clay making it out alive from this season either but then again, I said that last season too.

Also, I know nothing about forensics but they are going to get skin samples from under the dead wife's fingernails. While they might not get a DNA hit if the Lorenzo Lamas looking guy isn't in the system, they'll at least be able to tell it was a white guy and not a black guy. That would absolve Pope and his crew right there, right?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:eng101: DNA isn't always quite indicative of race. Defining race clearly is actually an interesting and complicated problem, one that Kunt Sutter is an idiot to try and address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Propaganda Machine posted:

:eng101: DNA isn't always quite indicative of race. Defining race clearly is actually an interesting and complicated problem, one that Kunt Sutter is an idiot to try and address.

Ah, okay. Sorry, everything I know about forensics I learned from CSI. I was just hoping there would be something to nudge Jax in the right direction finally.

Also, the whole 'twist' with Clay being the mastermind, at the beginning of the episode my boyfriend and I got into an argument about it. Not whether or not Clay was the mastermind, but the fact it was so obvious he was the mastermind that my boyfriend was sure they had already confirmed it by showing or saying something in a previous episode. Otherwise, "why are they making it so blatantly clear it's him then?" Oh, Sutter. :allears:

• Locked thread