Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...

Mickolution posted:

I haven't watched any of them, but here's a youtube playlist of clips from Gazzetta Football Italia, a show he used to do in the 90s for Channel 4.

That intro is so amazing. The 90's ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Yup. Good times.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I have a bit of an off-the-wall request. I'm looking for good Spanish-spoken football podcasts. I primarily follow the EPL, but anything in general, or even La Liga would be just fine. I'm learning the language and want to put it on 1/2 speed to get some more material to listen to on a topic that I have interest in!

Thanks in advance!

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I'd try posting in the La Liga thread. Pretty much all the discussion in this thread is for English language ones.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Mickolution posted:

I'd try posting in the La Liga thread. Pretty much all the discussion in this thread is for English language ones.

I will do that, thanks!

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Stop bothering us.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Mickolution posted:

I haven't watched any of them, but here's a youtube playlist of clips from Gazzetta Football Italia, a show he used to do in the 90s for Channel 4.

Wow, hair and no mustache. I don't like this at all!

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Love it when the football being discussed bores Jimbo, like the last ten mins of this week's Extra. His comment about the Depeche Mode singer being "off the smack" nearly made me burst out laughing in the supermarker. Amazing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I always really enjoyed it when he's really pumped about something and no one gives a poo poo. "Did you here about Juventus, eh? eh? eh?"

And also Barry's two minute recaps are hilarious. But they happen once a year or so. Also, it's pretty funny how they don't understand why Pirlo would move to Australia.

Money + Easy season + Summer = paid holiday.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

LordPants posted:

Also, it's pretty funny how they don't understand why Pirlo would move to Australia.

Del Piero

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:downs:

Barry did a series of videos about the Olympics. I think he's actually funnier on the pod, but each to their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAF4QrBiT5w

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

LordPants posted:

I always really enjoyed it when he's really pumped about something and no one gives a poo poo. "Did you here about Juventus, eh? eh? eh?"

I hate the Serie A, but I always love this too. He gets so excited when James Horncastle comes on.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

LordPants posted:

Also, it's pretty funny how they don't understand why Del Piero would move to Australia.

Money + Easy season + Summer = paid holiday.

I think what they were getting at was that he could probably get more money in the Middle East or USA.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"...but strangely, not related"

"But... they have different names!"

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Mickolution posted:

Holy crap, that's what James Richardson looked like? I'll never look at his European paper review the same. It's almost like he's reliving his glory days.....broadcasting out there for his handful of fans who still remember a time gone by :smith:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The Arseblog podcast today, the Arshavin impression, had me losing it. "I score goal, is good."

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

Mickolution posted:

God so much nostalgia.

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009
Alan Davies when he does his completely over the top Giroud "impression" has been the best thing so far this season. It never fails to make me laugh.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

I am Bob posted:

Alan Davies when he does his completely over the top Giroud "impression" has been the best thing so far this season. It never fails to make me laugh.

DID YOU SEE THAT? WOW!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Not being an Arsenal fan, amazingly I still enjoy their podcast. Especially Davies' anecdotes about winning the European cup with Leyton Orient.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That was a good football weekly, with a few gems, namely "Does it have Georgie Best in it?" and Baz having a laugh about Sydney FC.

In addition, Barry's interview with Jimmy Bullard is nice, rather :3:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/13/jimmy-bullard-football?newsfeed=true

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
FW is always best when there's nothing to talk about.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

It also helps when there isn't an entire segment of Sid Lowe's sycophancy.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Terrible episode. Funny footballers' names!!! Hilarious.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

LordPants posted:

That was a good football weekly, with a few gems, namely "Does it have Georgie Best in it?" and Baz having a laugh about Sydney FC.

Really? I found it really dull.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Yeah this weeks Game podcast was more interesting.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

That's how it's been for me for the last while. It's a bit dry, but it's been the more interesting of the two for a while now.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mickolution posted:

Really? I found it really dull.

Well, I'm Australian so A-League talk is fun, and I was listening to it during the middle of a long bike ride so it was just back ground noise, and it made me laugh.

But yeah, I can understand why people didn't enjoy it.

Howards Bellend
Aug 25, 2007

They're always terrible during international breaks and you can tell they don't have anything to talk about.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
They should have spent 40 minutes discussing Jen Chang

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I like The Game when that Scouse guy isn't on it. When he is I find it unlistenable.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

peanut- posted:

I like The Game when that Scouse guy isn't on it. When he is I find it unlistenable.

Really? I do like Tony Evans on it, but I think all of their panelists are quite good. Certainly a higher per centage than on Football Weekly. Rory Smith in particular I find great.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Football Weekly is increasingly annoying.

On Thursday they had a panel that couldn't find a single word to say to preview any match not featuring one of the top four. Yesterday's panel of 3 expert journalists discussing the weekend's action hadn't even managed to watch Match of the Day.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
It's got so lazy.

It's also too singularly focused on English football.

Really arrogant.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

ICA posted:

It's got so lazy.

It's also too singularly focused on English football.

Really arrogant.
I still enjoy listening to it but I don't think the analysis is particularly good anymore. And then you get Sid Lowe coming on talking about how Messi and Ronaldo have called each other up and decided how many goals to score that week.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Barny Roney was so painful this week, desperately reaching for a controversial point of view about the Kirkland thing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"The biggest anti-climax since my uncle's wedding night."

:staredog:

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Great episode today. I love listening to Jimbo and Barry mock Sid Lowe mid-segment.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
I started feeling quite sorry for Sid! A lot of pent-up tension came out there.

I don't think I listen to it for football any more. I just like the bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Conversely, I haven't had time to watch Match of the Day the past two weeks and have relied on Football Weekly for 100% of my EPL news. Aside from the excessive narrative-seeking amongst the weaker pundits, it's alright.