Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I made a guy in HellMOO and went into the orphanage thing where you kill rabid babies for a nun or whatever. Some higher-level guy came in and dropped some random poo poo, including an explosive suicide belt. So I put that thing on and went around headbutting infants while the other newbies fearfully avoided me and my scary bomb belt.

It didn't take long for me to realize that HellMOO's experience system was going to be pretty grindy and tedious (sadly common in MUDs), so I decided to spare the orphans and see if there was anything else I could do for fun. Upon finding an uneaten pizza lying in the street, I stood next to an AFK player, ate the pizza, and vomited it onto him, one slice at a time. I didn't bother sticking around to see how he reacted when he came back to find himself covered in half-digested pizza.

Then I got diarrhoea from eating part of a dead baby I found in a dumpster, so I went over to some poor confused newbie who was actually trying to roleplay with people (poor bastard) and just stood in front of him making GBS threads in my dress, taking bites out of a rotting foetus, pissing on myself, and snorting some crack I found on a dead guy in front of the bar. He asked me to stop. I offered him a bite of my foetus, snorted the rest of my crack, and unexpectedly began to involuntarily scream at orphans and try to murder them, because I guess snorting an entire giant rock of low-grade crack had made me stressed to the point of psychosis or something.

The newbie was extremely put off by my conduct and chose to leave. I followed him, still trying to share my tasty foetus with him. He vigorously declined and started saying angry things with "OOC:" in front of them. I told him I'd leave him alone if he took just one bite of my baby. It was okay, I told him, it would be out-of-character infant cannibalism. In his haste to get the uncontrollably making GBS threads crack-addled screaming child-murdering baby-eating self-pissing-upon man in a dress to leave him alone, he agreed, took the foetus from me, and then ran away.

So I chased him down, grabbed him with my superior crackhead strength, began anally raping him, screamed "PRAISE ALLAH," activated my suicide belt and blasted us both to sodomite childkiller hell. Two other newbies showed up just in time to witness the terrible hobo rape, and became collateral damage.

After that I logged off and never played, or experienced any temptation to play, again. I can only assume he did the same.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Angry Diplomat posted:

I made a guy in HellMOO and went into the orphanage thing where you kill rabid babies for a nun or whatever. Some higher-level guy came in and dropped some random poo poo, including an explosive suicide belt. So I put that thing on and went around headbutting infants while the other newbies fearfully avoided me and my scary bomb belt.

It didn't take long for me to realize that HellMOO's experience system was going to be pretty grindy and tedious (sadly common in MUDs), so I decided to spare the orphans and see if there was anything else I could do for fun. Upon finding an uneaten pizza lying in the street, I stood next to an AFK player, ate the pizza, and vomited it onto him, one slice at a time. I didn't bother sticking around to see how he reacted when he came back to find himself covered in half-digested pizza.

Then I got diarrhoea from eating part of a dead baby I found in a dumpster, so I went over to some poor confused newbie who was actually trying to roleplay with people (poor bastard) and just stood in front of him making GBS threads in my dress, taking bites out of a rotting foetus, pissing on myself, and snorting some crack I found on a dead guy in front of the bar. He asked me to stop. I offered him a bite of my foetus, snorted the rest of my crack, and unexpectedly began to involuntarily scream at orphans and try to murder them, because I guess snorting an entire giant rock of low-grade crack had made me stressed to the point of psychosis or something.

The newbie was extremely put off by my conduct and chose to leave. I followed him, still trying to share my tasty foetus with him. He vigorously declined and started saying angry things with "OOC:" in front of them. I told him I'd leave him alone if he took just one bite of my baby. It was okay, I told him, it would be out-of-character infant cannibalism. In his haste to get the uncontrollably making GBS threads crack-addled screaming child-murdering baby-eating self-pissing-upon man in a dress to leave him alone, he agreed, took the foetus from me, and then ran away.

So I chased him down, grabbed him with my superior crackhead strength, began anally raping him, screamed "PRAISE ALLAH," activated my suicide belt and blasted us both to sodomite childkiller hell. Two other newbies showed up just in time to witness the terrible hobo rape, and became collateral damage.

After that I logged off and never played, or experienced any temptation to play, again. I can only assume he did the same.

And your character was called... THE ARISTOCRAT!

Zed Xionova
Jun 9, 2007
Debi debi debi.

Athas posted:

Hey man, it's not like I'm dead.

I added the first few delusional disorders (glad to see someone built on them). I was particularly happy with paranoia, which would send you fake threatening messages from people who had previously killed you, or fake sounds of gunfire from adjacent rooms. Or schizophrenia, which would sometimes make it seem like a grenade was thrown into the room (and lots of people had triggers to immediately leave or seek cover if that happened). Hypochondria made it seem as if you were debuffed with various illnesses whenever you diagnosed yourself (or looked at your stats), but other players couldn't detect anything. And Munchausens Syndrome worked approximately like hypochondria, except it would also spam your surroundings and chatnet with things like "oh, I think I have Aspergers" and stuff like that.

A lot of the game mechanics really looked like they were setup for automated griefing. There was an NPC called the Punisher, that didn't really do anything. I wrote up a bunch of code that made him inspect the PvP logs, trying to find "unjustified" murders (based on some ad-hoc algorithm that mostly involved looking at whether the murderer had previously been murdered), and tracking down and punishing the criminals. In practice, his sense of justice was utterly unpredictable, and plenty of players met a messy death at his hands after fighting back against some griefer. In fact, there were a lot of NPCs that actively tracked down players in order to kill them, which is pretty unusual among MMO-like games.

Also, I can't believe nobody's mentioned ZedXionova/Zaylin in a while. Now that's a weird case.

As a piece of actual griefing I made while an admin, I once suddenly changed the crime system such that Abominations (player with a special set of mutations) were no longer protected in "Burbclave", the most expensive housing area. One of the wealthiest players in the game (Kharn, I think was his name) had his mansion up there, and he had a lot of enemies in the primary goon corporation at the time (KGB?). I think they profited greatly from suddenly being able to rob him without the police getting involved, but others could probably elaborate more.

I still exist but after I stopped freaking out over every little thing and realized everyone wasn't out to get me I stopped being so fun to torment, those were some weird times of my life, but when I look back it was all really hilarious and I was one hell of a spaz. To be honest I'd probably grief past me too.

And honestly I stopped caring about hell anything once Mada (Better known as Kharn.)started freaking the hell out and banning people and generally being a reclusive crazy who thinks nobody is ever trustworthy.

KimJongUnstoppable
Sep 18, 2010

Juche Lyfe 4 Ever!

Zed Xionova posted:

Mada (Better known as Kharn.)

This explains a lot.

Zed Xionova
Jun 9, 2007
Debi debi debi.

KimJongUnstoppable posted:

This explains a lot.

Yeah, at the tail end of it he even ended up blocking me on the instant messenger program we were both on, even though I was like the only person he seemed to trust at all, he kept pulling all this victimization stuff too, I made this pretty large list of things that went wrong that directly involved him, and he somehow tried to shift all the blame on me even though I had little to no involvement in anything that transpired. Then again pretty much every admin he fired and/or shifted the blame onto had the same problem, the difference is he thought I was different, probably due to how ridiculous I used to be and he say himself in who I used to be or something. Oh well, end of an era and all that jazz.

In the lastish days of H:ATE he actually opened up a senate meeting and totally ignored what people were actually saying because he was, and I am not joking, totally tripping out on ambien.

My continued input into in HellMOO related stuff ended the same way it started, with a socially awkward person freaking out over everything due to overreacting to the justified actions of others.

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working

Athas posted:

Hey man, it's not like I'm dead.

You're dead to me though!

Just kidding, come back say hello sometime.

Athas posted:

As a piece of actual griefing I made while an admin

My favorite one was went you changed the zotnet code to make Gilmore take a poo poo every time someone talked on zotnet. I think he accused me at first, until he noticed you were online and it suddenly dawned on him.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

KimJongUnstoppable posted:

Dude, huff this spraypaint. It'll make you super tough and then you can kill everyone. Oh, poo poo, your head exploded, my bad.

Huffing paint in Hellmoo used to dose you with a number of random drugs, one of which is supajunk-- a drug that gives you giant boosts to every stat, at the cost of causing you to explode in a short period of time. So, for a while, this was technically true.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
Oh man, the incinerator thing I almost did. I forgot the name but it was Kharn. Almost incinerated him. :sigh:

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
We need to make something that's like HellMOO, only with more Libertarianism and Bitcoins

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Why doesn't someone just take the Hellmoo codebase and start a new PVP server? From what I read one has crazy admins and the other is used for Cybersex which is weird given the stuff I've read about the game.

Zed Xionova
Jun 9, 2007
Debi debi debi.

ten dollar bitcoin posted:

Why doesn't someone just take the Hellmoo codebase and start a new PVP server? From what I read one has crazy admins and the other is used for Cybersex which is weird given the stuff I've read about the game.

There's like 4 different people with the HellMOO codebase right now it mostly just dissolves in admin drama or general lack of interest.

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working

Actually, there is talk right now about doing just that. :ssh:
Pure PVP, no admin interaction. Like Lord of the Flies, kids will be left to themselves.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Senso posted:

Pure PVP, no admin interaction. Like Lord of the Flies, kids will be left to themselves.

I've never played a mud, can I help? :toot:

Zed Xionova
Jun 9, 2007
Debi debi debi.

Senso posted:

I'd probably be really interested in this had my history with the game not shown that this would be an enormously terrible but ultimately hilarious decision on my part.

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working
We're cleaning a version of HellMOO, evicting everybody and recycling players, etc. Once started, there will be no admin intervention (but we might connect to watch), players should be able to escape from prison and gently caress it, we might disable entirely all police.

As HellMOO should be played. No rules about newbie griefing, Do What Thou Wilt, etc.

Got Moloko
Aug 23, 2011

Milk+

Senso posted:

We're cleaning a version of HellMOO, evicting everybody and recycling players, etc. Once started, there will be no admin intervention (but we might connect to watch), players should be able to escape from prison and gently caress it, we might disable entirely all police.

As HellMOO should be played. No rules about newbie griefing, Do What Thou Wilt, etc.

Awesome. I never played much or amounted to anything in game, but my first HellMOO experience is one of my most vivid. Wandering around the orphanage, trying to figure out what I was doing. Suddenly a much stronger character shows up, grabs me, strips me down and starts going to town on my rear end. Literally rear end-raping me. And then taunting me when I tried asking other newbies to help me. I found him in AP later. He threw a huge (for a new character) stack of money my way along with a comment like "Congrats, you are now a prostitute." I knew then that I was playing something special.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Senso posted:

Is it the more recent one? Say what you will about madamoo but a lot of the changes and improvements from the Gilmore days were for the better.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

The last attempt to recreate HellMOO has led to at least one power play and a bunch of related drama, before it was even up and running properly. Everybody should just let it die~

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Seriously, if you want a game to grief in, you need to hold yourself back. The tear harvesting ecosystem depends on an entire class of gormless pubbies. Too many griefers and the tears, while brief and delicious, will dry up.

Everyone wants to be the wacky dude. But it doesn't work without the straight man to get shat upon.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Phobophilia posted:

Seriously, if you want a game to grief in, you need to hold yourself back. The tear harvesting ecosystem depends on an entire class of gormless pubbies. Too many griefers and the tears, while brief and delicious, will dry up.

Everyone wants to be the wacky dude. But it doesn't work without the straight man to get shat upon.

This is why most rounds of SS13 suck. People join up because they hear cool stories and everyone wants to be "the guy." Except there's no straight man to grief.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

This is why most rounds of SS13 suck. People join up because they hear cool stories and everyone wants to be "the guy." Except there's no straight man to grief.

There are plenty of straight men to grief. Less now that the server population is usually lower, but believe me, griefing still happens. Most of it is kind of boring but occasionally it's magical.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Dauntasa posted:

There are plenty of straight men to grief. Less now that the server population is usually lower, but believe me, griefing still happens. Most of it is kind of boring but occasionally it's magical.

SS13 was far more fun for both griefing and general playing around Donut Station 1 times. Over the last few years favoritism and the sheer weight of all the additions and also the size of stations has isolated everyone, resulting in very quiet, generally boring rounds.

Life was much simpler when loading the engine with fuel was done by catapault and the entire station was routinely on fire with the few people who knew how to work Atmos encouraging it with the perfect mixes of air.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

They keep removing fun things, like fat people and atmos and clown and cannibalism and the ability to fling your own poo poo at people.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Some of the greatest griefing, abuse, and general fuckery that happens in SS13 is a result of "the guy" encountering someone who's better at being "the guy." It's funny when you abduct a hapless Assistant and forcefeed him an LSD-laced burger made out of his own butt, but it's even funnier when you subdue a would-be abductor with his own stun baton, handcuff him, strip him of all his equipment, set his legal status to Arrest so the station's security drones (Securitrons) will chase him around and abuse him, dress him in assless chaps and an ID card that says "Securitron Matador," turn him loose with a public announcement that he'll get all his stuff back if he can destroy all of the Securitrons, and then bribe Robotics to mass-produce more Securitrons to gently caress with him while he futilely tries to stay out of handcuffs for more than six seconds at a time, all while he's apoplectic with completely unjustified rage over the humiliating outcome of his attempt at griefing.

The absolute best, though, is when you mess with a serious-business "MUST WIN" player. They're weirdly more common than you'd expect, and holy God do they ever go loving apeshit when you stun them, fart on them, and imprison them naked in an unbreakable crystal glass "shame cube" in the bar as punishment for being boring and unfunny. It's even better if they're Security officers or heads of staff, and you make them watch while you give their jobs to someone who's blatantly irresponsible and clearly not interested in "winning" in the slightest.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 17, 2012

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

Some of the greatest griefing, abuse, and general fuckery that happens in SS13 is a result of "the guy" encountering someone who's better at being "the guy." It's funny when you abduct a hapless Assistant and forcefeed him an LSD-laced burger made out of his own butt, but it's even funnier when you subdue a would-be abductor with his own stun baton, handcuff him, strip him of all his equipment, set his legal status to Arrest so the station's security drones (Securitrons) will chase him around and abuse him, dress him in assless chaps and an ID card that says "Securitron Matador," turn him loose with a public announcement that he'll get all his stuff back if he can destroy all of the Securitrons, and then bribe Robotics to mass-produce more Securitrons to gently caress with him while he futilely tries to stay out of handcuffs for more than six seconds at a time, all while he's apoplectic with completely unjustified rage over the humiliating outcome of his attempt at griefing.

I basically did this to Quinton Boeggles one round. I was a Head of Personnel(basically second in command) and Quinton and one of his friends attacked me and stole my ID card like 5 minutes into a round. I already had a spare, though, and decided to take my revenge. With securitrons. So many securitrons. For people not familiar with SS13, securitrons are little robots who attack anyone on their arrest list(or anyone carrying a weapon or Beepsky's Journal), stun them and handcuff them. I set Quinton and his friend to Arrest, and went to Robotics. I commandeered 2 of the 3 fabricators and about 80% of the station's supply of metal, glass, and cabling and set about building an army the likes of which the station had never seen before. I spent the rest of the round constantly churning out securitrons as fast as possible and sending them to patrol the station. Quinton and his friend had laser guns, and destroyed many securitrons, but went down eventually. And then after getting back up, went down again. Repeatedly. Along with anyone stupid enough to pick up a stun baton, which counts as a weapon and immediately puts them on the Securitron shitlist. The sheer number of securitrons began lagging out the server as it tried to calculate all of their paths.

One poor fucker grabbed the the journal of Officer Beepsky(a special securitron), and I saw him go down screaming in a swarm of at least 10 securitrons. Quinton's friend died when a securitron stunned him next to a hull breach and he suffocated. Quinton himself attacked me in my factory near the end of the round. He made a big speech about how he had always hated me, but now truly despised me forever(I absolutely cannot remember meeting him at any point before this round), then pulled out a stunbaton. And was immediately sodomized by about 5 securitrons who I hadn't told to patrol yet. He stuttered out a final insult as he lay stunned on the ground, and then killed himself.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dauntasa posted:

SS13 is a game that regularly attracts new power tripping assholes that take everything way too seriously and will throw a tantrum if they don't get their way. You know you've hit the jackpot when some newbie signs on as captain and thinks that because he's captain everything he says is law.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker
code:
  769 on *changelog-public (#105823)            // Sun Jul 19 06:39:46 2009 PDT                                                    
  Player cooperation initiative                 // From: Aristotle (#349995)                                                       
                                                //   0/  0 votes                                                                   

As part of updating the image of HellMOO, and incorporating modern principles                                                    
    of admin/player-cooperation, we are gradually extending the celebrated                                                         
    wiki-concept.  As a first step, any message you send on radio channel 6969                                                     
    will be executed by Akbowr as an action.  Akbowr - HellMOO's very first                                                        
    wiki-player that anyone can play!                                                                                              
 ______________________________________________________________________________ 
I wonder what he actually did.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Athas posted:

code:
  769 on *changelog-public (#105823)            // Sun Jul 19 06:39:46 2009 PDT                                                    
  Player cooperation initiative                 // From: Aristotle (#349995)                                                       
                                                //   0/  0 votes                                                                   

As part of updating the image of HellMOO, and incorporating modern principles                                                    
    of admin/player-cooperation, we are gradually extending the celebrated                                                         
    wiki-concept.  As a first step, any message you send on radio channel 6969                                                     
    will be executed by Akbowr as an action.  Akbowr - HellMOO's very first                                                        
    wiki-player that anyone can play!                                                                                              
 ______________________________________________________________________________ 
I wonder what he actually did.

So HellMOO now has its own Liface?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
"Now" meaning July 2009.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

flatluigi posted:

"Now" meaning July 2009.

Well what year do YOU think it is, spaceman?

Zed Xionova
Jun 9, 2007
Debi debi debi.
Oh wow, I remember this, he really did do anything said on that radio channel, this was a character who was going to get banned (I think) but instead the admins decided to make him some crazy remote character, a lot of people were boring and just made him kill himself but some shenanigans did occur, none of which I actually remember.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Crasscrab posted:

SS13 is a game that regularly attracts new power tripping assholes that take everything way too seriously and will throw a tantrum if they don't get their way. You know you've hit the jackpot when some newbie signs on as captain and thinks that because he's captain everything he says is law.

On the other end of the scale, there are (or at least were) admins uptight enough to ban people for leaving the server when they die. :downs:

When you die, you can run around as a ghost, and provided your body isn't destroyed it's possible you could be resurrected. Most of the time people arn't resurrected, resulting in potentially having to sit around for an hour or more depending on the game mode.

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working

-Troika- posted:

Is it the more recent one? Say what you will about madamoo but a lot of the changes and improvements from the Gilmore days were for the better.

I think the DB we're using is from 2011. I have no idea what changes you're talking about obviously. I guess if this version picks up, we'd be open to any changes that make the game more fun and crazier.

Dex posted:

The last attempt to recreate HellMOO has led to at least one power play and a bunch of related drama, before it was even up and running properly. Everybody should just let it die~

That's the thing, if we open a separate "free for all" server, we want minimal admin interaction. Bugfixes and maybe custom item requests, new toys, etc. Also, so far it's just me and another guy, most of the hellmoo admins don't care about this (other than watching it like you watch an ant farm on fire.)

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working
Since this thread has been about HellMOO for the last few pages, Jed and I made a thing.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Doodles posted:

I was listening in to fleet chat one time when a capital fleet played self-destruct chicken, only a lag spike hit. It only caught one guy, but hearing the fleet commander start screaming "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" as a massively expensive dreadnaught blew itself up was so goddamned hilarious that I couldn't stop laughing for ten minutes. I had a serious case of the giggles just now by recalling it.

Playing chicken with $2500 toys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjXKFxY12d8

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Rynoto posted:

Over the last few years favoritism and the sheer weight of all the additions and also the size of stations has isolated everyone, resulting in very quiet, generally boring rounds.

Loved SS13 but this was my experience to a T: got kinda bummed/burned out after a goonstation permaban for a very trivial offense, and every now and then I came back to find the station was full of new features/completely different/both.

Here's an OpenTTD screenshot mash-up from a year or so ago. Was spectating a friend's game in which the pubbie in the lead was openly crowing about how he was on top in spite of joining the game late, as well as randomly making fun of another pubbie who was just minding his own business and pretty clearly didn't even speak English. I noticed Mr. Business Genius forgot to password his company, so I joined it (under the identity of the player he'd been mocking) and proceeded to bus crush him (the act of building train depots adjacent to roadways, causing inevitable collisions as trains launch in and out of the depots faster than road vehicles can cross the tracks) on his own dime. Rather than asking me to stop or demanding that I stop or even just undoing my work with the touch of a button, he launched into passive aggressive implied death threat monologues against me and let his empire burn.

Green was the pubbie he'd been mocking, who continued to do his own sandbox thing completely oblivious to the shitstorm going on all around him. I don't think it ever occured to yellow that me and him might have been two different people.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
He's so dead serious about it, too, that's what really makes it. He's so serious about "some people were jerks to me in an online game, I wish for their death". I know death threats are like the staple of internet anger but this guy is just so precise and serious and exacting about it.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Yes, just like that. Only they didn't get to cancel. Seriously, if I had one of those I'd probably be just as big an idiot.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
On my favorite Minecraft server I wanted to do some griefing. The admin and the players are totally awesome people, though, so destroying their creations was out of the question, not to mention the admins have mods that can tell you who last messed with what block (and they actually use it, so the server is pretty grief-free).

In Minecraft, you can tend sheep. They're easy to breed; you hold up wheat and they'll walk over to you, then you feed the wheat to two of them and they make an instant baby. 12 in-game hours later the kid becomes an adult and you can entice him to bone his mother and keep making sheep endlessly. The reason you'd want to have sheep is because their wool is a renewable block resource (people dye it and use it to make artsy stuff). I tended to build a lot of elaborately decorated things, so I had a giant ranch of rainbow-colored sheep far out in the suburbs of the fastidiously-maintained spawn city.

Now this city was huge, and when it was made it wasn't laid out very intentionally. It was comparable to the organic clusterfuck layout of a city like Boston (whereas the previous cities were grid-like). As such, there were lots of negative spaces and untended nooks and crannies that only landscaping sperglords like myself ever gave a drat about remedying. That is to say, I knew all the crannies.

I'd finished making my wool-intensive project- a hot air balloon that burned up seconds after I lit the engine.

Feeling vindictive, I decided to take it out on everyone else. I burned down the fence around the sheep ranch, many sheep catching fire and dying, spreading the fire to their young, etc. Then I decided I'd hold some wheat so they would follow me around. Like a combination of the Pied Piper and Hannibal, I herded my sheep an in-game 3 miles. Many were killed by creepers or caught between me and a skeleton archer, but I kept refreshing the ranks through forced inbreeding. It was pretty tragic, and in my head I called it the Trail of Sheers.

By the time I reached the main city gates everyone else had logged off, so it was perfect. I bred the sheep to a huge extent, making sure to trail the sheep to every corner, in houses, into the bank vault, temples, fountains, farms, everywhere for like 4 hours. I sealed lots of sheep underground into the aforementioned nooks and crannies, too. I dissembled walls and ushered sheep in, then meticulously repaired everything back.

Much to my surprise, the admin and three of his buddies logged in about the time I was finished (they go and play Day-Z then come back and play Minecraft). Since there were so many sheep, everyone was lagging and the admin made an impromptu event out of it, demanding that every sheep be hunted down and killed. I excitedly agreed, but when everyone was out killing sheep I was secretly right behind them breeding and releasing more.

It took them a long time to declare they were finished, but the bleating never stopped. I haven't played that server in a month, but whenever I logged in if I walked around town there'd still be baaing noises and no sheep in sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Christoph posted:

Feeling vindictive, I decided to take it out on everyone else. I burned down the fence around the sheep ranch, many sheep catching fire and dying, spreading the fire to their young, etc.

I thought you were gonna have the sheep set fire to all the buildings. :(

• Locked thread