Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Flameingblack posted:

I think the only reason Colt & Generico aren't in ROH are because the contracts prevent them from doing what they want to. IE: Generico's Japan tour and Cabana's UK tours.

Eddie Edwards goes to Japan every year and he is under contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Colt isn't in ROH because it makes no sense for him to be in ROH.

He commands a high fee for an indie wrestler and ROH is never going to push him to a level that they are paying him. He's always going to be "a guy" who sometimes has a feud and sometimes gets a random title shot.

For him, he'd be in a position that would limit the kind of dates he can do (but he could still tour overseas, ROH always lets guys do that) but be in a spot where he's just going to be on a treadmill.

Generico was out of ROH because they were clearly just waiting for the right time to bring him back for a hot feud with Steen. He's back in ROH now so it clearly wasn't because of tours.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Gonzo McFee posted:

Steen loving loves Colt. He keeps on making little references to Colt on ROH because the thinks Colt should be on ROH ( and he really should be).

No he shouldn't. He's a bum. Is he really that bad that he needs the likes of Steen and Punk begging to get him work.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Double post. Sorry

TwoDogs1Cup fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 19, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So dumb he had to post it twice!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

No he shouldn't. He's a bum. Is he really that bad that he needs the likes of Steen and Punk begging to get him work.

They are his friends and think he should be at a higher level then he currently is.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

They are his friends and think he should be at a higher level then he currently is.

Clearly nobody else does otherwise he would be. There's a reason he's not. He's just not good enough. Just accept that

That's not directed at you btw. I was figuratively talking to Colt

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Those people have their heads up their asses. He has plenty to offer. There are a crapload of guys on the WWE roster who are worse then he is and have bigger pushes and better contracts.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

You could take up having bad opinions for a living.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Clearly nobody else does otherwise he would be. There's a reason he's not. He's just not good enough. Just accept that

That's not directed at you btw. I was figuratively talking to Colt

A lot of wrestlers who are really good and they are not a success in WWE. Also the WWE is full of anti-Semites.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
The WWE is not the same as the NFL.

You don't have to be the best to work there. You don't even have to be 100th best.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's really strange to me to base what you think the quality of a wrestler is by whether a steroid abusing literal maniac and a confused money mark that I can only imagine is on some kind of Brewster's millions scenario hires them.

By that standard Alex Riley is better than Roddrick Strong, Chavo and Hernandez are better than the Briscoe Boys, Transformers 3 is better than There will be Blood, Twilight is better than Dracula and McDonalds burgers are the best in the world. Such bullshit logic.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's really strange to me to base what you think the quality of a wrestler is by whether a steroid abusing literal maniac and a confused money mark that I can only imagine is on some kind of Brewster's millions scenario hires them.

By that standard Alex Riley is better than Roddrick Strong, Chavo and Hernandez are better than the Briscoe Boys, Transformers 3 is better than There will be Blood, Twilight is better than Dracula and McDonalds burgers are the best in the world. Such bullshit logic.

Kenta Kobashi was never good enough to be in the WWE or TNA. Crimson and Mason Ryan, on the other hand...

Also, The Destroyer, Nick Bockwinkel and Bruiser Brody suck compared to Dino Bravo, Duke Drosse and Barry Horowitz.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Kenta Kobashi was never good enough to be in the WWE or TNA. Crimson and Mason Ryan, on the other hand...

Also, The Destroyer, Nick Bockwinkel and Bruiser Brody suck compared to Dino Bravo, Duke Drosse and Barry Horowitz.

And Kenny Omega is a poor man's Santino Marella.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

This subforum is hilariously easy to troll.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Why do you keep responding to 2Dogs1Cup

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I don't want to derail anymore, but I need to specify that not wrestling or making it in WWE makes you bad. I mean, people like Kenta and Sting never stood foot in a WWE and they are legends in their own right.

My original point was Colt is just bad. People are good enough to be in WWE and haven't, he's has and isn't. I dislike the way Punk cheerleads for him like he is some unknown gem

TwoDogs1Cup fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 19, 2012

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Colt and Steen are good friends. It's Punk who doesn't care for Steen, and I think he's not exactly a buddy of Generico either. Don't know the story exactly, but I think they just rubbed him the wrong way early in their career. Probably in PWG.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
Pretty sure Punk and Generico often tweet about hanging out together. Not that it matters, but I seem to remember a bit of back and forth.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't have a problem with Cabana but he's too corny to be taken seriously in WWE. He's tailored perfectly for a niche product but he's dead in the water if he goes mainstream unless they completely change who he is.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
Dolph Ziggler is better than Kevin Steen because he works out more and takes more illegal substances, therefore he wants to be more successful.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't have a problem with Cabana but he's too corny to be taken seriously in WWE. He's tailored perfectly for a niche product but he's dead in the water if he goes mainstream unless they completely change who he is.

The only real problem I think with Cabana is you really don't look at the guy and think "Cabana".

Corny is honestly the WWE's M.O. at times. Colt Cabana should be in the same place as Heath Slater's 3MB and Santino Marella but instead he isn't.

If you can be the most over man at the Gathering of the Juggalos, you can be the most over man in the WWE. Colt accomplished that as Officer Colt Cabana. He should be tailor made for the WWE but the rumour is that Dusty Rhodes really hated him.

Them the breaks.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Minitrue posted:

Pretty sure Punk and Generico often tweet about hanging out together. Not that it matters, but I seem to remember a bit of back and forth.

I'm probably wrong about that then, but there definitely was some ill will between Steen and Punk, at least in the past. They're probably over it by now.

sportsgenius86 posted:

too corny

WWE

No one expects him to be a main eventer, doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a slot.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
Colt Cabana: Too corny for WWE

Bad worker that pretends to be a foreign retard that malaprops twice a sentence: just corny enough

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Oatgan posted:

This subforum is hilariously easy to troll.

Seriously, TwoDogs has never made a post worth responding to. They're just emphatic statements that go against what the average wrestlegoon believes. And Ryback fanfiction.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Grant Eff posted:

Seriously, TwoDogs has never made a post worth responding to. They're just emphatic statements that go against what the average wrestlegoon believes. And Ryback fanfiction.

Don't forget his obsession with the physiques of wrestlers. I'm starting to suspect TwoDogs1Cup might be Vince.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Let's not be silly. Vince just recently began posting on bbs'.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Optimist with doubt posted:

Let's not be silly. Vince just recently began posting on bbs'.

He's still alone in an AOL chatroom.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Having seen Colt in person, he's hilarious. Having seen Colt in "Creative Has Nothing For You", I say they give him a headband and debut him as Zack Ryder.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

Having seen Colt in person, he's hilarious. Having seen Colt in "Creative Has Nothing For You", I say they give him a headband and debut him as Zack Ryder.

Debut him as Ryder's western cousin, Colt Ryder. I think he needs a catchphrase though, something like Yep Yep Yep, What it do?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

Colt Cabana: Too corny for WWE

Bad worker that pretends to be a foreign retard that malaprops twice a sentence: just corny enough

Maybe it's just me, but I've always felt Cabana exists in some kind of weird purgatory where he's too good of a worker to be over as a comedy guy and too much of a natural comedy guy to be over as a worker at the next level.

I feel like he'd benefit by being a less gifted wrestler if that makes sense.

Part of what makes Santino work is that he's so bad.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Colt can play serious too. On one of his podcasts, they talked about how he turned heel at one show and tried to rape people during his match.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I've always felt Cabana exists in some kind of weird purgatory where he's too good of a worker to be over as a comedy guy and too much of a natural comedy guy to be over as a worker at the next level.

I feel like he'd benefit by being a less gifted wrestler if that makes sense.

Part of what makes Santino work is that he's so bad.

Also the fact that if he sees a chance for comedy he will take it, so it is just impossible for him to be a serious wrestler.

Here he is doing comedy spots with Kobashi and Morishima
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBK_A4vDQKo

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 19, 2012

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

Bocc Kob posted:

Colt can play serious too. On one of his podcasts, they talked about how he turned heel at one show and tried to rape people during his match.

I think he said that's the reason he CAN'T play heel.... because he tried to put on a heel persona and the first thing that came out was RAPE. Officer Colt works because it's a policeman at a Juggalo gathering.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Frilled Lizard posted:

I think he said that's the reason he CAN'T play heel.... because he tried to put on a heel persona and the first thing that came out was RAPE. Officer Colt works because it's a policeman at a Juggalo gathering.

Didn't he play heel against Homicide and get racist?

I liked that Colt Cabana. Not because he was racist.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He was the face in that feud. The reason it started though was that Cabana tried to use street lingo during a segment of "Good Times, Great Memories", and Homicide took offence and beat the poo poo out of him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Punk Tweeted that Kevin Steen is holding up ROH by himself, so I guess whatever ill will there was between them is gone.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gonzo McFee posted:

Punk Tweeted that Kevin Steen is holding up ROH by himself, so I guess whatever ill will there was between them is gone.

Or he doesn't like him personally but respects him professionally.

Trying to figure out which wrestler likes who feels so... oh whatever I won't judge.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Frilled Lizard posted:

I don't see the problem of Colt not being heel, how well can he do a semi-serious face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't see the problem of Colt not being heel, how well can he do a semi-serious face?

Colt can play serious face just fine. His feud with Homicide was totally serious, and a pretty drat good feud as well.