Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

There's something really ironic about Vriska talking about someone else having hubris that leads to their inevitable downfall. :allears:

Can you think of anyone more qualified to notice it when it happens? It's like having Jack Abramoff around to point out scam investments.

pandaK posted:

Vriska is going to fall right into LE's web.

Yeah there's basically no way this isn't a trap. Okay Hussie we get it. Free will is a crock and any attempt to do anything proactive will just cause horrible repercussions.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Oct 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Vriska is going to fall right into LE's web.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ancient eldritch chucklefuck is the best map maker.

Vriska looks so *happy* as she obliviously calls out LE for having her own failings. :3:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

I was really ready to let Vriska go after she died. It was a pretty good, tragic, cap to her character.
If she and Tarvos double die now I am going to be so sad all over again.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I wasn't really clear on how much better off this comic was with Vriska until just now :allears:

This is BULLSHIT

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm so happy Vriska's back. She's just so... proactive! :D

There's hope that this dreambubble is not about to shatter. We assumed it would, since it's surrounded by cracks, but it turns out that it's the other way around: They're here because of the preexisting cracks!

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
I really like the idea that LE is creating something by destroying pure nothingness. Keep on mindfuckin, Hussie.

snucks fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 19, 2012

Tapeta
Aug 31, 2004
Ekaru Hoppa Do Pe Tapeta

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Bongo Bill posted:

This is foreshadowing.

I think it's just a reference to Peter Pan.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Samovar posted:

I think it's just a reference to Peter Pan.

Let's be honest here: when have references to Peter Pan ever not been foreshadowing?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bobulus posted:

I'm so happy Vriska's back. She's just so... proactive! :D

I do kind of miss a character whose response to events is to do something about it rather than gossip a bunch or dwell on their angst or what have you.

Also, gotta love Vriska's enthusiasm for a giant evil skull demon cutting a bloody (er, ectoplasm-y?) path through the afterlife. Man, what an idiot this guy is, with his campaign of ghost-double-murder!

She and Tavros are probably safe for now if only because their questing hasn't yet yielded any results, and if they died John's not really the sort of character who'd finish it for them or pass the information on or really do anything on his own initiative.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Apropos of nothing--you know how John became the wind for a second there? What if that were an Heir thing?

Equius was in the first dreambubble Lord English smashed. Not only did the Heir of Void "become nothing" in the process, the Void itself began to crack at the spot where he had been.

The aspect of Doom has to do with rules and closed systems and the boundaries of what is possible. Mituna (A1's Heir of Doom) was damaged. Rendered... glitchy. And the only one there when it happened was a servant of Lord English--Kurloz, the Bard of Doom, "one who invites destruction through Rage".

(And, of course, Rage seems to be heavily associated with Lord English.)

I doubt anyone will mention this in the comic itself. But I think it's interesting.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Literally Sharks posted:

Apropos of nothing--you know how John became the wind for a second there? What if that were an Heir thing?

Equius was in the first dreambubble Lord English smashed. Not only did the Heir of Void "become nothing" in the process, the Void itself began to crack at the spot where he had been.

The aspect of Doom has to do with rules and closed systems and the boundaries of what is possible. Mituna (A1's Heir of Doom) was damaged. Rendered... glitchy. And the only one there when it happened was a servant of Lord English--Kurloz, the Bard of Doom, "one who invites destruction through Rage".

(And, of course, Rage seems to be heavily associated with Lord English.)

I doubt anyone will mention this in the comic itself. But I think it's interesting.

So, you're saying John will Inherit the Wind? :downsrim:

There are other little easter eggs hidden in the class/title combos if you look. For instance, when Equius was strangled, the Heir of Void became Void of Air.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Arthur Crackpot posted:

There are other little easter eggs hidden in the class/title combos if you look. For instance, when Equius was strangled, the Heir of Void became Void of Air.

I'm still waiting on a "broken heart" pun for Dirk.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

I initially read this:
code:
VRISKA: As the cracks spread across the void, new points of
reference show up on our maps! 
VRISKA: Then we look at the angles and intersections and 
as this:
code:
VRISKA: As the cracks spread across the void, new points of VRISKA show up on our maps! 
and it got me thinking; maybe everyone has to collect their beta selves' XP. The game is built around becoming Yourself. Your other selves each represent an unexperienced part of You. The game generates the growth/learning experiences you need, spreads them across the multiverse, gives you the ability to find them, but doesn't tell you about it. You have to tell you about it. When Dave and Rose rode out the dead-John timeline, it gave them what they needed to unlock the real alpha end game (by breaking the poo poo out of the surface game), and it gave us a hint as to the nature of said end game. Maybe that's why Lord English is killing ghosts. Maybe that's why Aradia is taking such an active role in moving people along in their bubbles, and why she's done dying. Her metric fuckton of betas were enough to let her know what she needed to do. She doesn't NEED to die any more to figure it out.

Access your own meta-offscreen meta-character meta-development, or something. This thread or Tumblr has probably already said it better.

It's probably meant to be a team effort, though. You'd need a derse dreaming hero of whatever to read those maps, unless serendipity and calamity just so happen to let the extreme power gamer do it by hers8lf.

Mostly I just like thinking about more points of Vriska. :allears: Real win condition: collect all the Vriska Points. All of them

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 19, 2012

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Literally Sharks posted:

So what you're saying is... Equius is the most important character in Homestuck?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

That crack only displays troll blood colors. Most likely not important, just a thought.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Ariong posted:

That crack only displays troll blood colors. Most likely not important, just a thought.

I figured it was displaying billiard-ball colors.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Rhinoceraptor posted:

So what you're saying is... Equius is the most important character in Homestuck?

I will entertain any theory, no matter how implausible, that points to Equius returning in some capacity. Don't stop believing. Or behooving.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

heythisguyhere posted:

I initially read this:
code:
as this:
code:
VRISKA: As the cracks spread across the void, new points of VRISKA show up on our maps! 
and it got me thinking; maybe everyone has to collect their beta selves' XP. The game is built around becoming Yourself. Your other selves each represent an unexperienced part of You. The game generates the growth/learning experiences you need, spreads them across the multiverse, gives you the ability to find them, but doesn't tell you about it. You have to tell you about it. When Dave and Rose rode out the dead-John timeline, it gave them what they needed to unlock the real alpha end game (by breaking the poo poo out of the surface game), and it gave us a hint as to the nature of said end game. Maybe that's why Lord English is killing ghosts. Maybe that's why Aradia is taking such an active role in moving people along in their bubbles, and why she's done dying. Her metric fuckton of betas were enough to let her know what she needed to do. She doesn't NEED to die any more to figure it out.

Access your own meta-offscreen meta-character meta-development, or something. This thread or Tumblr has probably already said it better.

It's probably meant to be a team effort, though. You'd need a derse dreaming hero of whatever to read those maps, unless serendipity and calamity just so happen to let the extreme power gamer do it by hers8lf.

Mostly I just like thinking about more points of Vriska. :allears: Real win condition: collect all the Vriska Points. All of them

So John has to become The One?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The whole "Lord English is causing the empty void to have form" sounds a lot like some kind of creation myth. You know? Like "In the beginning, the world was without shape and void, until these two dudes came along and started fighting each other, and the sparks from their clashes became the stars" or whatever.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I haven't seen the first panel of this set of updates mentioned yet. This is the best one of the bunch. I love Tavros' clueless 'tHANK YOU,'

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Lord of Laughton posted:

I haven't seen the first panel of this set of updates mentioned yet. This is the best one of the bunch. I love Tavros' clueless 'tHANK YOU,'

I kinda figured he was just being a passive aggressive rear end in a top hat there.

e: Huh. Con Air is on TV tonight. I guess this is finally the day i watch it.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 19, 2012

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Technique posted:

I kinda figured he was just being a passive aggressive rear end in a top hat there.

Yeah, he's got kind of a dickish smirk there, I'd say passive-aggressive is a good call.

Also what the hell is wrong with you. :mad:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Fucknag posted:

Yeah, he's got kind of a dickish smirk there, I'd say passive-aggressive is a good call.

Also what the hell is wrong with you. :mad:

It has to happen, man. It's not a coincidence that they're airing it.

Also, i'm pretty sure i saw a Homestuck person today, unless normal people just walk around with shirts with the Capricorn symbol on them. (though it looked more blue-ish than purple? idk) It was a scary and disturbing experience.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Technique posted:

It has to happen, man. It's not a coincidence that they're airing it.

Also, i'm pretty sure i saw a Homestuck person today, unless normal people just walk around with shirts with the Capricorn symbol on them. (though it looked more blue-ish than purple? idk) It was a scary and disturbing experience.

Not as strange as the time I saw a girl wearing a full on Rose outfit go biking by.

I thought about saying something, but then, uh... I didn't.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Technique posted:

Save yourself the trouble and don't. My boyfriend unironically enjoys it... somehow. It was not good.

e: Forgot I bought another HS hoodie and needed a new facebook picture. Caption: Grey: Do the Windy Thing.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Holy poo poo, that was a loving BADASS movie. Holy poo poo! That was AWESOME.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Technique posted:

Holy poo poo, that was a loving BADASS movie. Holy poo poo! That was AWESOME.

It's a solid 90s action movie.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Technique posted:

Man, first cosplay is verboten, which I guess could be understandable, but now just wearing one's HS clothing-based merchandise outdoors is enough to get goons to recoil in fear?

heythisguyhere posted:

I initially read this:
code:
as this:
code:

I guess this could sort of play along the lines of "Gaining the experiences and insights that other iterations of yourself have found", as a part of the whole "Growing up" theme.

And given how Sburb is such a strange and deadly medium, and not always conductive towards growing up, maybe all the possibilities of alternate selves are to help mature you in ways that might not normally be possible before you get yourself killed.

As you said, Aradia may have fully figured things out thanks to directly speaking with untold numerous Aradias. Dirk may very well simply be invoking the most direct method of this theme in everything he does. Jade gained great knowledge and power from her alternate selves. Dave's multiple selves taught him a lot and forced him to confront his issues with mortality and possibly heroism. Rose gained knowledge and also the experience in what a bored kid can do with a room full of booze.

Karkat's nonstop arguing with future and past selves may have paved the way for his maturing. Gamzee, at least for a time, spoke as if he was two seperate people, and some of his development may have come from the conversing of these 'selves'. And imagine what Vriska could have learned had she a chance to talk with her failed Beta self. (Given she spoke of her existence, maybe she already has.) Even John may have learned something about himself/matured in some way after learning that an alternate self dated Vriska and it didn't work out.

Just combining with your dreamself to form your Godtier self may be part of that as well.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Midnight Raider posted:

Man, first cosplay is verboten, which I guess could be understandable, but now just wearing one's HS clothing-based merchandise outdoors is enough to get goons to recoil in fear?

It was a humourous exaggaration; i was not actually frightened. :ssh:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I forgot about this.

quote:

On your worktable there are a few comic books starring your favorite heroine of all, SPIDER-GIRL. You don't know what it is, but there's something about a girl who has spidery powers and a sassy attitude that is just so cool to you. It's just another quirky fact about you that definitely doesn't have any greater significance, and never will.
I wonder what the timetable looks like for a full-scale meetup.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Elysiume posted:

I forgot about this.

I'm pretty sure there's a federal injunction against all three heroes of light being in the same place at the same time, due to the threat such an eventuality poses to the nation's strategic exposition reserves.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
Well I was looking forward to what appears to be our newest Nick Cage flick, apparently a remake of Left Behind, until something in the article caught my eye...

quote:

The project will be the first effort from Stoney Lake Entertainment, founded by Paul Lalonde, who has experience in the extremely profitable realm of films aimed at Christian audiences.

Oh my god...*eyetwitch*

Article: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Nicolas-Cage-Lead-Reboot-Christian-Left-Behind-Series-33675.html

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Apparently Face/Off has a 94% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. I don't remember it being BAD by any means, for an action flick with a silly premise, but I definitely don't remember it being 94% good.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

_Endgame_ posted:

Well I was looking forward to what appears to be our newest Nick Cage flick, apparently a remake of Left Behind, until something in the article caught my eye...

Oh my god...*eyetwitch*

Article: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Nicolas-Cage-Lead-Reboot-Christian-Left-Behind-Series-33675.html

One of us needs to go back in time so that in the alpha timeline, this is Dave Strider's name.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Elysiume posted:

I forgot about this.

Well that would certainly be a "twist" in line with the "Eh it won't work out with John" reveal.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Color Printer posted:

There's also something else now ready to be dumped into Jake's sprite besides AR and whatever troll carcass Gamzee brings along: she's small, has two wings and a glowing posterior.

Dirk head. Becomes Mega-shades. You're welcome.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Made some more music.

You know the song that plays when you wait on the title screen of a game too long, and some text starts to scroll and gives you a brief prologue to the story?

Well, here you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Ariong posted:

Troll blood colours = pretty much every hue there is. There are even fewer hidden readings here than in Dave's cup of coffee.