Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I wouldn't really mind if Brendon Walsh and Redban had a proper falling out, since the net gain here would be not having to hear Brendon Walsh talk again

E; New page and my post is poo poo! Here's a Duncan Trussel family hour with Ari Shaffir. It's pretty good!

http://duncantrussell.com/ari-shaffir/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Oct 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Bohemian Nights posted:

would be not having to hear Brendon Walsh talk again

You would rather listen to Redban than Brendon Walsh?

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
Daniel Bolelli was on the most recent Trussell podcast which was awesome. Bolelli is now doing his own podcast, called The Drunken Taoist which too is awesome because I can't get enough of him. The first episode with Trussell as a guest had me in stitches.

I tried the Bone Zone a few months back but it didn't really click. At least I think it was the Bone Zone, as all the non Icehouse podcasts on that label tend to melt together in my head. I guess I'll give it another shot if several people are saying it's better than JRE.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
drat the podcast with Conte is good except for every time that joe opens his mouth

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN
"Who wouldn't want to be the Hulk. I mean you'd be crazy not to want to jump one mile into the air. And you wouldn't even have to smash anything!" :downs:

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

ZeroDays posted:

I tried the Bone Zone a few months back but it didn't really click. At least I think it was the Bone Zone, as all the non Icehouse podcasts on that label tend to melt together in my head. I guess I'll give it another shot if several people are saying it's better than JRE.

i had the same feelings about BZ and esther's podcast. it seemed like they were doing a schtick instead of just talking like on JRE or ari's podcast.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

drat the podcast with Conte is good except for every time that joe opens his mouth

Let's talk about that.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

wolfbiker posted:

i had the same feelings about BZ and esther's podcast. it seemed like they were doing a schtick instead of just talking like on JRE or ari's podcast.

They have hints of actual conversations but the show is mostly centered around absurd bits. I thought it was hard to digest at one point too, but it's impossible to deny the dynamic Brendon has with Randy, and to a lesser extent Davey. If you can't get into it after 3 or 5 episodes its probably not your thing.

Also, Redban no longer being involved with the Bone Zone is fabulous news because he's just about as unfunny as you can get.

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
The most recent bonezone was from Oct 9th and was uploaded on Oct 18th, so why would he keep adding podcasts if they had a falling out? The whole Doug Benson/Brendan Walsh thing was a long time ago and was just a minor thing (Brendan was drunk and Doug confronted him about it or something). Also, sometimes they do "Home Zones" where they just podcast from home without Redban and they've been doing it for a while now.

I saw Tom Segura and Brendan Walsh in Toronto a few weeks ago, both were loving amazing. Brendan came up to the Game of Thrones theme conducting it with his middle fingers. Amazing.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

"Joe, you and I are made of meat"
"woah"

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
drat, that's some pretty intense knowledge to just lay on a dude..

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Sam Tripoli cut the gently caress out of Deathsquad too.

Haha

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
The Deathsquad network is a bit dead lately. He was posting a new podcast every other day a few weeks back. What in the rurald is going on?

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

The Deathsquad network is a bit dead lately. He was posting a new podcast every other day a few weeks back. What in the rurald is going on?

Comedy tours

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Deathsquad is literally being held on the back of Kevin Pereira.

STOP WHINING
Mar 28, 2012

You're a fucking choir boy compared to me!
A CHOIR BOY!

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

I liked this podcast as well. It did seem like Joe was off his game a little and I believe it was because Victor said that all anabolic steroids are modified or derivatives of synthetic testosterone. I imagine the reaction in Joe's head was :qq: Are you saying that I'm on steroids too? :qq:

Also I liked how later in the podcast Joe started ripping on Dave Asprey for telling them he wears a hat made out of yak hair or whatever to work 20 hours a day while failing to mention the pharmaceutical meth that he's on. I don't think that Joe will ever draw the parallel to his almost never mentioning testosterone in his GET SWOLE SON, BATTLE ROPES, KETTLE BELLS, KALE SHAKES, ONNIT DOT COM routine.

Oh yea that 9.79 documentary that Victor was talking about is pretty good.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

STOP WHINING posted:

Also I liked how later in the podcast Joe started ripping on Dave Asprey for telling them he wears a hat made out of yak hair or whatever to work 20 hours a day while failing to mention the pharmaceutical meth that he's on.

That was pretty funny.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Tres Burritos posted:

That was pretty funny.

They should give Victor Conte a Deathsquad podcast, I'd listen to it religiously. Drugs, pro-sports, syncopated basslines, shooting down bullshit preconceptions about PEDs.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I havent listened to Joe's podcasts in a while. What are your 3 favorite podcasts from the past 90 days?

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

I havent listened to Joe's podcasts in a while. What are your 3 favorite podcasts from the past 90 days?

Kevin Pereira. Then go watch the two new podcasts he put out via the deathsquad label with redban. I loving love that man, and I don't know why.

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?

ChocNitty posted:

Victor Conte, it's a highly informative podcast about performance enhancing drugs and Joe discovers that he himself uses roids.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Loki2099 posted:

Victor Conte, it's a highly informative podcast about performance enhancing drugs and Joe discovers that he himself uses roids.

It seems like Joe intentionally invites guests on who share his point of view. Anytime they don't we get another Jamie Kilstein situation.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

ChocNitty posted:

Long story short, Victor Conte podcast is interesting.

The second half of Pointless #2 is interesting. The middle is painful when Kevin has his GF on as a guest to promote her crap and Kevin tries really hard to be cool/funny in front of her while letting everyone know (repeatedly) he has sex with her.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

wolfbiker posted:

Long story short, Victor Conte podcast is interesting.

The second half of Pointless #2 is interesting. The middle is painful when Kevin has his GF on as a guest to promote her crap and Kevin tries really hard to be cool/funny in front of her while letting everyone know (repeatedly) he has sex with her.

Yes, the girlfriend bit was uncomfortable to listen to in what was otherwise a fantastic podcast. I love Kevin Pereira's energy and wit, but he does try a little too hard at times, and that sequence was an example. I was half convinced he was gonna propose or some poo poo.

Withdrawing a bit from the lack of JRE's, I need something to be annoyed at.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Sock The Great posted:

It seems like Joe intentionally invites guests on who share his point of view. Anytime they don't we get another Jamie Kilstein situation.

I, seriously, read through this entire thread, just to see everyone's take on the Kilstein episode. Man, that was uncomfortable to listen to.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Sock The Great posted:

I wonder if we'll ever get this "HIV doesn't cause AIDS" guy on, and the rebuttal guest afterwards.

Hubcap Hal
Jun 20, 2003

Tres Burritos posted:

I wonder if we'll ever get this "HIV doesn't cause AIDS" guy on, and the rebuttal guest afterwards.

The doctor is slated for Nov 7th or 9th I believe.
Count me in as another who found the Conte episode as awesome. He's profiled in the book Game of Shadows, which is an amazing look at BALCO.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

STOP WHINING posted:

Also I liked how later in the podcast Joe started ripping on Dave Asprey for telling them he wears a hat made out of yak hair or whatever to work 20 hours a day while failing to mention the pharmaceutical meth that he's on. I don't think that Joe will ever draw the parallel to his almost never mentioning testosterone in his GET SWOLE SON, BATTLE ROPES, KETTLE BELLS, KALE SHAKES, ONNIT DOT COM routine.

Oh yea that 9.79 documentary that Victor was talking about is pretty good.

In the middle of the Conte podcast now and I hope Joe lets him talk about what he does nutritionally etc for his current clients instead of derailing it off somewhere (yet again) :arghfist:

I don't remember any Yak Hat talk with Asprey unless that's something specifically in the Conte podcast?

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

PaganGoatPants posted:

In the middle of the Conte podcast now and I hope Joe lets him talk about what he does nutritionally etc for his current clients instead of derailing it off somewhere (yet again) :arghfist:

I don't remember any Yak Hat talk with Asprey unless that's something specifically in the Conte podcast?

Asprey was talking about how great Yak meat was and Redban was goofing around with it.

STOP WHINING
Mar 28, 2012

You're a fucking choir boy compared to me!
A CHOIR BOY!

PaganGoatPants posted:

I actually didn't listen to the Asprey podcast. I took a quick glance at his website and and figured he is the modern day equivalent of those old speed reading infomercials I used to see growing up.

I'm not a fan of basketball but this recent episode of The Champs with NBA legend John Salley is good if you need to fill an hour of podcast listening time.

http://thechamps.libsyn.com/nba-legend-john-salley

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Pocket Billiards posted:

Asprey was talking about how great Yak meat was and Redban was goofing around with it.

Grass fed yaks.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Victor conte is loving awesome (even more so considering how he held it together with the pain he was in with how hosed up his back is). Kevin pereira has aspergers

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Listening to the David Seaman, Abby Martin, Dell Cameron is entertaining but a chore. Nothing like listening to a bunch of libertarians circlejerk each other in a big spiel of complaining but offering no solutions either.

Edit: Oh, Joe. He just brought up the idea of having a President as a "leftover monkey thing" and questioned why we still have the need for it. That rivals any stupid thing Redban has ever said.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 28, 2012

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

Chromatic posted:

Edit: Oh, Joe. He just brought up the idea of having a President as a "leftover monkey thing" and questioned why we still have the need for it. That rivals any stupid thing Redban has ever said.

Really? 1 person trying to take care of 300 million sounds stupid?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

indoflaven posted:

Really? 1 person trying to take care of 300 million sounds stupid?

It does sound pretty stupid if that's what you think a president personally does, by himself, all from that little office.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

who else just bought a lifetime's supply of zinc for MASSIVE LOADS???

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Massive FROTHY loads. That's important.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I'm pretty sure most multivitamins come with zinc

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

I liked that when pressed for "GET SWOLE HEALTH ADVICE", Victor Conte was like, "Dude everyone's different I just eat what my wife cooks me".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
that should tell you cynics that alphabrain might actually work for joe rogan and the definitely not superstitious world of professional poker