Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
I got my UNITY missions this morning, but you never know with this loving game.

Does anyone know for sure how exactly the Burning Chi Fist Advantage that adds Dimensional Damage to your attacks works when used with a maintain like One Hundred Hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

No, dilithium is heavily integrated into the high level stuff of STO. You can use it to buy gear and stuff.

It also has a lot more ways to get it, of course.
Yeah, the ChampO and STO economies are superficially similar, but STO's had a lot longer to become more obnoxious have Dilithium be integrated into more and more mechanics as a cost. The exchange rate's still fallen over time though due to some massive sinks for it (like starbases) that ChampO doesn't have yet either.

And yeah, there's just... nothing really to say on the boxes. They're there, huzzah. :geno:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cuchulain posted:

Does anyone know for sure how exactly the Burning Chi Fist Advantage that adds Dimensional Damage to your attacks works when used with a maintain like One Hundred Hands?
I'm assuming the combat log is useless and test running it on training dummies in the power house is out? (Seriously, game doesn't even have a help channel, that I know of).

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nah, to the best of my knowledge the combat log is fine, you'll just have to parse it all yourself afterwards since there's no DPS meters or anything. It's just that nobody ever bothers since it's, y'know, Champions Online.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I only use the training dummies when picking powers. Sometimes I just really don't like how a power feels when I use it, so I've gotten the hang of going to the Powerhouse to try things against the dummies if a power looks kind of iffy.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Is there any way to transfer Zen from one account to another?

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Cuchulain posted:

Nevermind, I'm a derp and thought the reset was earlier than it was. When do dailies reset exactly, anyway? I know one's 9pm local time or 4am EST, but there's another one early afternoon that I haven't been able to exactly pin down yet.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

The RP Community in this game is even more insane then CoH. It's incredible.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yep! CO basically took in all the dregs from CoH. I used to RP too, but the RPists in CO actually made me quit entirely- not even PnP gaming was any fun for me :smith:

Hence why it's so fun tormenting them.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

More specifically, when ChampO came out it had a much more flexible costume creator (CoH's was good, but it's always had certain... limits) and offered much more in the way of animal-themed options, drawing all the crazy nutso furry RPists to it. :gonk:

Asimo fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 20, 2012

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I mentioned this last night in goon chat, but the amount of furries since the CoX announcement has increased exponentially.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
For once I'm glad to hear that furries are swarming to something, because it means Club Caprice won't be quite so barren of people to make fun of. :v:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

whatspeakyou posted:

I mentioned this last night in goon chat, but the amount of furries since the CoX announcement has increased exponentially.

Is that the channel mentioned in the OP? I'm pretty sure I've joined it on all my characters, but I don't think I've ever seen anything come through.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

prefect posted:

Is that the channel mentioned in the OP? I'm pretty sure I've joined it on all my characters, but I don't think I've ever seen anything come through.

What's your in-game name?

Also make sure you didn't make it plural. People do that a lot.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

Also make sure you didn't make it plural. People do that a lot.

:doh:

Thanks for the explanation. :blush:

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Don't be this guy:

:stare:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

prefect posted:

:doh:

Thanks for the explanation. :blush:

You also need to make sure you're actually talking in the channel, using the dropbox to the left of the chat bar. You can also change the color in chat options so it's easier to identify.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

whatspeakyou posted:

Don't be this guy:

Finally, a use for that hairstyle that isn't crappy DBZ homages!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I used that to make the Inhuman Torch (He's the actual Olympic Torch brought to life by Radiation.)

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

whatspeakyou posted:

Don't be this guy:

Come on that is great.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

whatspeakyou posted:

Don't be this guy:

Why the gently caress not, this owns.

vvv The GMs have literally told us that they'll let you make any copyrighted character, as long as it's an obvious parody. Not sure if that applies to the above, but it's something to keep in mind.

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 21, 2012

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Something to note for anyone new to CO- the game is much lighter on copyright infringement management stuff than CoH tended to be. Mostly because there's no real way to report people for stuff like that, (all you can do is flag them for spam) so there's a lot more of it here. On the upside, you can get away with just about anything you want along those lines, and the archetypes kind of seem built to encourage it(Iron Man movie comes along and we get power armor, The Old Republic launches and we get a laser-swords-and-lighting-powers AT, Dark Knight Rises hits and we get a whole batman type set, etc).

This is why you see long-standing supergroups based around Marvel or DC or Transformers or whatever all over the place. It's pretty weird, coming from CoH.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Oct 21, 2012

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
I think it was last year when I posted about how I felt kinda bad for making a character that was basically a ripoff of Marvel's Sentry (who is himself just Marvel's take on Superman). Then I went into the game and saw like three Iron Men, at least one Spider-Man, and four or five Hulks (all with different names, or in most cases "just different enough" names). And suddenly, I didn't feel so bad about my character. :v:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I used to be a kneejerk copyright-infringement reporter in CoX. Deadpool? Wolverine? Master Chief? Nope, gently caress you, you're getting petitioned.

I think it took like, five minutes in the Renaissance Center to stop me doing that. You just... there's too many.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
CoX was so strict on it because Marvel threatened to sue them for infringement once. ("Uhhh your main dude has a mask that looks like Magneto's helmet. Magneto invented that!") I'm guessing CO never had to go through that.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

00Kevin posted:

CoX was so strict on it because Marvel threatened to sue them for infringement once. ("Uhhh your main dude has a mask that looks like Magneto's helmet. Magneto invented that!") I'm guessing CO never had to go through that.
Yeah. Cryptic or not, they probably think they're under the radar, especially since the only thing that even remotely stuck in the copyright suit was CoH's claws powerset, complete with 'snikt'-style sound effects. They should have expected it there.

Also pulled from the OP, this is my favorite homage I've seen, and I wish I was this clever.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
That's not to say there's still a bunch of stigma against it. Whenever I see a clone character, all I can think is "You have all these possibilities open to you, and the best you can do is just copy a common character?"

Of course, this statement doesn't apply to people who turn said characters into robots. Or humanized bombs. Still, I feel like the majority of the CO Playerbase still is in the dark about the truth of Cryptic's policy on clones.

Animal_King_Turret
May 13, 2011

General Maximus posted:

So I log in this morning and both the alert mission for questionite and the daily UNITY missions aren't there. I'm guessing something broke and they haven't reset from yesterday, that ever happen before?

And yeah, questionite is pretty much worthless once you have the costume parts you can buy with it. And the gear if you want that I suppose. After that it becomes solely something you trade for zen and/or jew the exchange with.

I'm sorry but as Jew I just have to say something here, I am deeply offended at your use of the word "Jew" to describe the act of "cheating the exchange" I think the term you meant to use was perhaps maybe to "G.O.P." or "Wall Street" the exchange instead of a serious ethnic slur.
Why you weren't punished by the mods for this is unknown to me as I have seen less stinging insults and affronts to human decency get folks here punished. Hopefully the mods or someone will see my post and take appropriate action.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Animal_King_Turret posted:

I'm sorry but as Jew I just have to say something here, I am deeply offended at your use of the word "Jew" to describe the act of "cheating the exchange" I think the term you meant to use was perhaps maybe to "G.O.P." or "Wall Street" the exchange instead of a serious ethnic slur.
Why you weren't punished by the mods for this is unknown to me as I have seen less stinging insults and affronts to human decency get folks here punished. Hopefully the mods or someone will see my post and take appropriate action.

Not that I think using "Jew" in it's second listed dictionary meaning (Seriously, Merriam-Webster loves it's anachronistic racism) is a good thing, but how the hell did you find that post?

Animal_King_Turret
May 13, 2011
My girlfriend who was also offended pointed it out, and like me she gets upset when she sees any inequity and unfairness in anything.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
Ok, yeah, fair enough. Silly me thinking people on SA wouldn't care, but I'll edit the post since it bothers you so much.

Guy Forget
Dec 25, 2006
It's not pronounced the way you think.
So I've been told that the new 4-slot gear available only from lockboxes are potentially the best gear in the game since they don't follow the formula of "more slots = less innate stats". Confirm/deny?

Animal_King_Turret posted:

I'm sorry but as [Republican/stock trader] I just have to say something here, I am deeply offended at your use of the phrase ["G.O.P."/"Wall Street"] to describe the act of "cheating the exchange" I think the term you meant to use was perhaps maybe to "Eskimo" or "Animal_King_Turret" the exchange instead of a serious [political/occupational] slur.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Guy Forget posted:

So I've been told that the new 4-slot gear available only from lockboxes are potentially the best gear in the game since they don't follow the formula of "more slots = less innate stats". Confirm/deny?

Cryptic, the reason Unusuals are so popular in TF2 is not because they make you objectively better.

...Then again CO has always had the trend of 'gently caress non-subscribers', so technically speaking this is a step forward.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It costs roughly $50 to buy one of them, so don't worry about it.

Also gear doesn't matter.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Alright, I want back in on this. I need something that isn't DCUO to scratch my superhero itch.

I can't remember but is the Might AT good? I want to make a crazy sortof Street Shark guy.

Think something you would see in the Action Figure aisle in the most beat up, run down K-mart in the country.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Might's one of the better AT's yeah, so go for it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Tried Champions for the first time since launch weekend and I have to say it is a much better game than I remembered. It's really super simple to grasp at first while pretty fluid in combat. I've had fun playing with some friends from CoH/V up to level 15 so far.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

It costs roughly $50 to buy one of them, so don't worry about it.

Also gear doesn't matter.

There's a way to get four-slot gear that isn't based on chancing boxes? Or is this taking into account the average keys-per-roll cost?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Warmachine posted:

There's a way to get four-slot gear that isn't based on chancing boxes? Or is this taking into account the average keys-per-roll cost?

The latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So the interceptor vehicle completely breaks the game, if anyone was wondering. Forget lockbox gear, this thing is a complete gamebreaker.

You can move in combat as fast as about tier 3 flight, can actively kite any mob to death thanks to your guns and speed letting you fire out of their range, and you get a number of abilities that basically have you spew explosions everywhere. And that's before you get into the fact that it has fairly decent HP, can instantly recharge it's energy bar, and doesn't need to deal with energy builders to get energy back. Also, the basic attack costs no energy and can slaughter normal mobs.

It's glorious.

Also, apparently one of the new upcoming alerts takes place on a SHIELD style helicarrier high in the sky. It's designed for flight and vehicle users, and from the sound of it has you fight on the deck of the ship against a horde of destroids and megadestroids.

I'm guessing they'll launch it around the time they launch the tank and grav bike prototypes. Which means I fully expect to be able to be able to launch my character off of the helicarrier while on his bike, and crash it into a giant not-Sentinel's face. :colbert:

They had better not cock this poo poo up. :argh:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 23, 2012