Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Mornacale posted:

Hey, someone from the Superstars other than Goog get at me.

Or anybody else with an interest in 1968 Norm Cash, really.

e: @Mornacale on twitter, Mornacale on AIM, also on IRC

Why do we want Norm Cash? He's a leftie first basemen in a league which has 5 jimmie foxxes and a pujols - a guy who is basically jimmie foxx. I guess putting him in at DH might help slightly assuming you think he hits better enough than Andruw Jones to outweight Andruw Jones' defence.

But I guess, what do you want for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Well, Hornsby hit .381 and Mo had three saves and no earned runs, so I have two good players between two teams, at least. ...Hmmm....

Fun series, Smasher, thanks for doing that.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

Mornacale posted:

Question: when will our rosters lock, such that players we trade for can be dumped in AAA without taking someone else off the roster?

Once the season starts.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
A trade!

The Barrow Daydreamers receive:

2011 Roy Oswalt
1910 Elmer Flick
1910 Heinie Berger
1917 Sam Rice

The Wausau Woodchucks receive:

2001 Frank Thomas

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

BrooklynBruiser posted:

A trade!

The Barrow Daydreamers receive:

2011 Roy Oswalt
1910 Elmer Flick
1910 Heinie Berger
1917 Sam Rice

The Wausau Woodchucks receive:

2001 Frank Thomas

Everyone stop!

gingemidget, don't take this deal. Not a single one of those players is going to help you. 2011 Roy Oswalt is old, and underwhelming, he's not ever a good stopgap. Heinie Berger played exactly four seasons in the majors, and was above average in only one of those...and it isn't the season you're getting. Elmer Flick couldn't even making it through the regular 1910 season, as he retired halfway through, he is not going to help you do anything. Rice isn't a bad player, but you have no need for him on your team.

In sum, you are giving up a great hitter for four useless, useless, USELESS pieces that, if you try and use them, will get your team relegated.

Do not accept this trade.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Why do we want Norm Cash? He's a leftie first basemen in a league which has 5 jimmie foxxes and a pujols - a guy who is basically jimmie foxx. I guess putting him in at DH might help slightly assuming you think he hits better enough than Andruw Jones to outweight Andruw Jones' defence.

But I guess, what do you want for him?

He's asking for a couple of our fringe relievers--2001 John Rocker and 2006 Brandon League--for Cash and a few pieces from his feeders that aren't on his 28-man. Also, Cash would be chasing Larry Doby from the lineup, not Andruw Jones; Doby is a bigger black hole offensively, and we've been playing him in right.

Cash isn't going to set the world on fire, but as someone with intimate knowledge of the deal on the table, I think you should be open to it.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Smasher League Week 14 Injury Report

Idaho Potatoes
Willie Horton (LF) (Violated Utica Accords) - 10 days

Ryleh Cultists
Albert Pujols (1B) (KARMA!) - 24 hours

South Bolton Eazy W's
Al Simmons (LF) (Confused Blackpool with Bolton) - 31 days

Vice City Goose Eggs
Buddy Bell (3B) (...In the grim future of the Goose Eggs, devastation has robbed Vice City of one of its greatest champions. In this harsh new age, only one hero can save the Goose Eggs from total ruin! His name....Rance Mulliniks! Savior of the Universe!) - 15 days

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Idaho Potatoes
Willie Horton (LF) (Violated Utica Accords) - 10 days

The fiend!!

Dukakis was behind that, wasn't he? Does his infamy know no bounds?

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Everyone stop!

gingemidget, don't take this deal. Not a single one of those players is going to help you. 2011 Roy Oswalt is old, and underwhelming, he's not ever a good stopgap. Heinie Berger played exactly four seasons in the majors, and was above average in only one of those...and it isn't the season you're getting. Elmer Flick couldn't even making it through the regular 1910 season, as he retired halfway through, he is not going to help you do anything. Rice isn't a bad player, but you have no need for him on your team.

In sum, you are giving up a great hitter for four useless, useless, USELESS pieces that, if you try and use them, will get your team relegated.

Do not accept this trade.

I can't really argue with any of that (except that they'll get me relegated, that'll happen anyway). Sorry Bruzer.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Well, gently caress. Move Cruz in for Simmons then...

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Vice City Goose Eggs

I told Smasher I wouldn't be changing my lineup so much!

Rance Mulliniks gets slid in the lineup at Buddy Bell's spot.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

: Dunn, I'm afraid I have some bad news. We're not picking up Dunn Force past its original 13-episode run.
: What? But Dunn Force is just hitting its stride!
: The ratings just aren't there.
: What if I make the season finale the best episode of Dunn Force ever!
: That's not exactly a high bar but-
: Then it's settled! If the season finale is as great as I think it's going to be, then Dunn Force will be renewed! Now, I just have to make a few changes, so I'll see you all next update with the special season finale of Dunn Force! You won't want to miss it!

Super-League VII, Dynamo League 14: You Can Probably Skip It

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

FEEL GOOD GENERICS TURN BACK ORANGES 6-5 IN 10

Rochester- The Generics may be running out of players, but they aren't running out of spirit.

In the bottom of the ninth, the Generics were in trouble. They had runners at first and second, but they also had two outs. Compounding the trouble, their roster was so depleted that they were forced to allow Tim Teufel, the worst hitter on the team and occasional defensive replacement, to bat for himself. But, in a turn of event so startling, so seemingly impossible that it is hard to describe in words. For, on this day, with the outcome of the game on the line, Tim Teufel did something good, as he hit a single that got by a diving Nap Lajoie to score a run and tie the game.

The 10th inning Kent Home run to end the game was essentially a fait accompli after that. There was no way that the Oranges could pull themselves together after that happened. To be beaten by Tim Teufel is something that will take the Oranges weeks, if not months, or therapy to get over it. Out of sensitivity, no members of the Oranges' organization were sought for comment after the game.

The man of the hour, though, Tim Teufel, had a lot to say, even if most of it was hard to understand, "I will thrash the earth soundly, here, or perhaps there. Have I not drunk Soma? One of my wings is in the sky; I have trailed the other below. Have I not drunk Soma? I am huge, huge! flying to the cloud. Have I not drunk Soma? I am going - a well stocked house, carrying the oblation to the gods. Have I not drunk Soma?"

Asked for an explanation of these bizarre ramblings, kw0134 explained, "I am sorry that you are all so badly educated as to not recognize the Rg Veda when you hear it. A better question might be the meaning of this 'Soma'. I won't lie, I wasn't happy putting Teufel in that situation. As he was, he wasn't good enough to save our team. But, thanks to a combination of hallucinogens that I believe are relatively close to the formulation of Soma discussed in the Vedas. Either way, with the drug, Teufel was able to transcend his normal, awful self and become the hero that we needed. Am I happy that I have to drug my team to win? No, but I understand that we have to do it to win."

kw0134 was then asked if he thought his team was really capable of overtaking the Dervishes in the Dies Irae Division Race, "I certainly think that we have a chance. As you know, baseball is 90% mental, and 10% metaphysical, and I think I have the edge on both counts over [Dervishes owner] Beet. It's not going to be easy, but I think the Generics could very well become the first Dies Irae Division Champions, which would be the biggest accomplishment for Rochester...well, ever, I think."

Box Score

Don May posted:

GUMSHOES THWART SAINTS 2-1

San Francisco- From an academic standpoint, John Franco pitching to Willie Mays made sense.

After all, Franco is the best reliever the Saints have, and, even though he is a left-hander, and Mays bats right-handed, with the score tied, it just makes the most sense to put your best reliever on the mound regardless of platoon advantages.

Of course, an academic would also accept that, even when all of the right moves are made, the results will sometimes be less than optimal. That was the case today, as Willie Mays hit an errant Franco fastball for a homerun, winning the game for the Gumshoes and leaving the Saints with questions heading into next week's Triple Unification Series against the powerful Fukuoka Finger-Bangers.

Senerio, Straight Edge owner of the Saints, did not take those questions well, "You think that this loss means anything to us? We are the Intercontinental Champions, and that's what you ask us? That is not showing the proper amount of respect. And because you have disrespected us, this interview is over." Senerio then left in a huff.

Asked for his take on the events, Detective Don Slaught replied, "My investigation had hit a dead end, in more ways than one. I always suspected that something was wrong with all of those secondary titles. They never sat right with me. I started my search at the nearest bar. When you're not in the starting lineup, you've got a lot of time to kill, and kill it did, with my good friends Johnny Walker and Jim Beam. I woke up the next morning in the drunk tank..."

Box Score

Don May posted:

DERVISHES BEAT SUPERBAS 4-2 JUST BECAUSE

Poughkeepsie- Things aren't going well in Poughkeepsie.

The Dervishes were heavily favored to win this game, but it took them until the ninth inning to prove why. That was when the Dervishes broke open a 2-2 tie with a timely rally from Ozzie Smith, Willie Kamm and Joe Jackson, scoring two runs to give them a 4-2 lead. The Superbas briefly appeared capable of matching that rally, as Rick Monday doubled to leadoff the inning, but Fingers then stuck out each of the next three hitters to ice the game.

This was distressing news to Poughkeepsie resident and diehard Superbas fan Tom Roberts, who was completely despondent after the loss, "I've seen some tough times in ol' Poughkeepsie, like when we ran out of whale to hunt, or when Cornelius Vanderbilt started hunting villagers for sport. Oh, that was a terrible time, but none of us had the gumption to stand up to the Commodore and tell him 'We don't deserve to be hunted.' Alas, he shot my own brother with a musket, he did, and he was never brought to justice for it.

"It was a cold winter, and the rivers were all iced over. I remember Will, that was my brother's name, loved to skate on the frozen surfaces. But that Vanderbilt, he apparently was in quite the foul mood. Evidently conquering the railroad industry had not slaked his lust for control over other men. And so he organized a great contest, or so we thought, where he'd pay twenty dollars to whoever could escape him and his pack of hunting dogs. Ol' Will survived for nigh on five days before Vanderbilt tracked him down to an old cabin by the river. I bet Will thought he had left him behind for good, they tell me that when they found him, he was skating on the ice without a care in the world. That's when Vanderbilt shot him. I don't know that he ever saw it coming. I still miss him."

Box Score

Analysis

Put Hornsby back at 2B, already.

Analysis

If you're trading Frank Thomas, at least get another good starter and a middle infielder in return.

Analysis

What is it with your team and third basemen, anyway?

Analysis

It might be time to seek out a cleric to remove the curse on your team.

Analysis

Grimes is almost back, which is good, because he's exactly the sort of pitcher that does well on your team.

Analysis

On my list of reasons why I hate the Oranges, somehow making Joba Chamberlain work in a four-man rotation is pretty high up there.

Analysis

The Finger-Bangers have done a lot of amazing things in their history, but unite three titles? They've never done that...yet.

Analysis

One of the better last place teams I've ever seen.

Analysis

Frankly, I'm amazed you've even won 30 times.

Analysis

You can out-think the engine. But not like this.

Analysis

Gomez is healthy, and you'll need him, because I think the Bulldogs' are running out of luck.

Analysis

The story about Vanderbilt hunting other men for sport is true, you know!

Okay, it isn't, but dead men can't sue for libel.

Analysis

The feel-good story of the season! Too bad it doesn't really feel that good.

Analysis

A down week, and the Oranges are threatening. What's new?

Analysis

Are the Bangers more like your Ryback, or your Cena? Either way, you aren't going over clean.

Analysis

Amazingly, Bob Welch isn't working out too well for you guys.

Standings and Leaders

Playoff/Gauntlet Picture

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Put Hornsby back at 2B, already.

I thought I specified to do that once he stopped being sore, but definitely do that now

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

For the title unification series, your intercontinental champions will be using this lineup:
1. Joe Jackson (LF)
2. David Wright (1B)
3. Eddie Mathews (3B)
4. Hank Aaron (RF)
5. Jeff Kent (2B)
6. Carlos Beltran (CF)
7. Jose Reyes (SS)
8. Mike Piazza (C)
[Pitcher Slot]

The Pitching shall be
1. Dizzy Dean
2. Catfish Hunter
3. Pedro Martinez (he should be feeling better by then, if not then use Whitey Ford)
Move Eckersley to Closer, Bell to Middle, Franco to Setup, and Pizarro to Long.

Upon the conclusion of the series, your intercontinental champions will switch Aaron to CF and Floyd to RF until Jackson feels better. (don't change Aaron's position in the batting order, and slot Floyd in 6th)

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Resetting lineups...

vs RHP
LF Speaker
SS Cronin
1B Thomas
CF Charleston
RF Robinson
3B Youkilis
C Torre/Martinez
2B Rose
P Pitcher

vs LHP
LF Speaker
SS Cronin
1B Thomas
RF Robinson
CF Charleston
3B Youkilis
C Torre/Martinez
2B Frisch
P Pitcher

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Obviously Lefty Gomez gets his spot back in the rotation while Bucky Walters goes back down to AAA.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Platoon Ordonez and Gamble at RF for the week. Also, lost in the kerfuffle over three fifths of my rotation going down in two weeks, the Pratt experiment happened, and didn't really work. Unfortunately, that means Yount back to SS.

Greg Maddux is so getting injured next week, isn't he?

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

My lead is severely reduced, but at least I weathered the month of pitching injuries without losing the lead. My bullpen continues to be a source of some frustration in the lower parts, so I'm going to cull it and expand my bench. Bring Curtis Granderson up, expanding my number of position players to 14. Subsequent to this, reconfigure my pitching staff like so, if you would:

pre:
SP1 Bob Gibson
SP2 Gaylord Perry
SP3 Roy Oswalt
SP4 Burleigh Grimes (He should be ready to go by the second game I play this week, correct?)
SP5 Wes Ferrell

CL Rollie Fingers
SU Hoyt Wilhelm
SR Pedro Borbon
SR Tom Hall (I know he's still injured, but he'll be good by the second series of the week.)
MR John D'Acquisto
LR Jeff Pfeffer

AAA Gary Nolan
AAA Bob Shirley
AAA Clay Carroll

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Rochester Generics
Hoffman goes back to the closer spot as soon as he is healed, Wood to setup, and Hawkins to the curb (AAA). Also, am I reading this right, Mogul assigned Hafey a 68? Is it too soon to challenge that? I don't know what the hell it's doing but if you're rating a Hafey a replacement-level player something is wrong.

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

No, really, use Danny Rainwater while Orosco is on the DL. It's foreordained.

Put Bonds back in left and Crawford into right.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Hit and Run: -2
Sacrifice Bunt: +3
Squeeze Play: +3
Trying for extra bases: +1
Stealing Bases: +2
Aggressively Tagging Up: 0
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): +3
Giving Intentional Walks: +1
Pitching Around Good Hitters: -3 :getin:
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: +2
Making Cutoff Throws: +2
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: 0
Bringing in Pinch Runners: +1
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +3
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -4
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: +2
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +1

Starting Rotation:
Carl Hubbell
Mike Krukow
Billy Pierce
Hal Schumacher
Danny Neagle

Lineup Without DH:
Mel Ott (RF)
Luis Aparicio (SS)
Nellie Fox (2B)
Bill Terry (1B)
Minnie Minoso (LF)
Terry Kennedy (C)
Larry Doby (CF)
Ernie Riles (3B)
Pitcher’s Spot

Lineup With DH:
Mel Ott (RF)
Luis Aparicio (SS)
Nellie Fox (2B)
Will Clark (DH)
Bill Terry (1B)
Minnie Minoso (LF)
Terry Kennedy (C)
Larry Doby (CF)
Ernie Riles (3B)

25 Man Roster:
1: Mel Ott (RF)
2: Luis Aparicio (SS)
3: Nellie Fox (2B)
4: Bill Terry (1B)
5: Minnie Minoso (LF)
6: Sherm Lollar (C)
7: Larry Doby (CF)
8: Matt Williams (3B)
9: Will Clark (1B/DH)
10: Bob Brenly (C)
11: George Watkins (OF)
12: Bubba Phillips (3B)
13: Robby Thompson (2B)

1: Carl Hubbell (SP)
2: Mike Krukow (SP)
3: Billy Pierce (SP)
4: Hal Schumacher (SP)
5: Danny Neagle (SP)
6: Craig Lefferts (CL)
7: Dixie Howell (R)
8: Miss Atlee Hammaker (R)
9: Terry Mulholland(R)
10: Paul LaPalme (R)
11: Jason Schmidt (R)
12: Freddie Fitzsimmons (R)

Minors:
Candy Maldonado (OF)
Jose Uribe (SS)
Blondy Ryan (Infield)

Is this good?

Just for my own sake and for the sake of those who will administer after me, can you post the specific MLB teams you pulled your players from, years included?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Upon my victory over the Fukuoka Finger-Bangers, the Intercontinental, U.S. and European titles shall be merged into a single title.
The Straight Edge Dynamo League Championship!

No no no no no no no
this is wrong.
If the Second City Saints do not make the playoffs, they shall be fired into the Aether, not given any chance of safety.
Clearly they will not have been worthy of respect and thus should just leave.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 22, 2012

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
I feel like any sort of triple unification belt should contain a Cerberus. This also scares me.:ohdear:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

cbx posted:

Just for my own sake and for the sake of those who will administer after me, can you post the specific MLB teams you pulled your players from, years included?

Here:

25 Man Roster:
1: Mel Ott (RF)(1934 Giants)
2: Luis Aparicio (SS)(1957 White Sox)
3: Nellie Fox (2B)(1957 White Sox)
4: Bill Terry (1B)(1934 Giants)
5: Minnie Minoso (LF)(1957 White Sox)
6: Sherm Lollar (C)(1957 White Sox)
7: Larry Doby (CF)(1957 White Sox)
8: Matt Williams (3B)(1989 Giants)
9: Will Clark (1B/DH)(1989 Giants)
10: Bob Brenly (C)(1989 Giants)
11: George Watkins (OF)(1934 Giants)
12: Bubba Phillips (3B)(1957 White Sox)
13: Robby Thompson (2B)(1989 Giants)

1: Carl Hubbell (SP)(1934 Giants)
2: Mike Krukow (SP) (1989 Giants)
3: Billy Pierce (SP)(1957 White Sox)
4: Hal Schumacher (SP)(1934 Giants)
5: Denny Neagle (SP)(1996 Pirates)
6: Craig Lefferts (CL)(1989 Giants)
7: Dixie Howell (R)(1957 White Sox)
8: Miss Atlee Hammaker (R)(1989 Giants)
9: Terry Mulholland(R)(1989 Giants)
10: Paul LaPalme (R)(1957 White Sox)
11: Jason Schmidt (R)(1989 Giants)
12: Freddie Fitzsimmons (R)(1934 Giants)

Minors:
Candy Maldonado (OF)(1989 Giants)
Jose Uribe (SS)(1989 Giants)
Blondy Ryan (Infield)(1934 Giants)

Teams used were the 1934 NY Giants, the 1957 Chicago White Sox, the 1989 SF Giants, and the 1996 Pittsburgh Pirates.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

cbx

If you could post the divisional alignments you're using in the Expansion Cup, I'd be much obliged. So obliged, in fact, that I'll buy you and The Goog a bit more time to get the Expansion Cup running by doing an official Expansion Cup preview.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Because of the ongoing production issues across the lineup:

Irod catches for Walter Johnson.
Remove Gabby Hartnett's personal catcher orders for Steve and Pedro
Gabby hits vs RHP, Irod vs LHP.
Yount plays SS against LHP until I get disgusted with his defence.

Defensive replacement slider +4

Batting Orders:

Batting Order vs Right Handed Pitchers

1 Tris, Speaker
2 Hornsby, Rodgers
3 Musial, Stan
4 Pujols, Albert
5 Williams, Billy
6 Santo, Ron
7 Walker, Larry
8 Hartnett, Gabby
9 Banks, Ernie

Batting Order vs Left Handed Pitchers

1 Tris, Speaker
2 Hornsby, Rodgers
3 Kiki, Cuyler
4 Pujols, Albert
5 Santo, Ron
6 Riggs, Stephenson
7 Yount, Robin
8 Sandberg, Ryne (hit better you moron)
9 Rodríguez, Iván

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Oct 22, 2012

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

: Ah, Senerio. He's mad that trusts in the patience of a Kent, a Wright's health, a Saint's love, or a Ford's oath. What shall I call thy title when it becomes one with mine own?

Ah, reinforcements. Send down Feller and Rijo. Smokey Joe is fifth in the rotation, Hershiser is second. Dazzy Vance is Long Relief.

As to the lineup, Lajoie and Edgar take over their usual spots. I see Barrold needs a respite from the cruel task he has undertaken for the glory of Fukuoka - rest him on the bench for the week, the Snider/Davis platoon moves to center. Send down Konerko and Berkman, Big Hurt comes up and mixes into the 1B platoon, as long as Olerud's hitting .347 in this deadball season, he keeps his job, and Vladdy comes up for the right field starts.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

One day, Det. Don Slaught will get to the bottom of these titles. There's a backstory there somewhere, and he's just the man to find it. Right after some hair of the dog that bit him....

Dwight Evans appears to be totally broken down, which is a shame, since he had two good seasons after this one, where he was fourth in MVP voting. Anyway, send Evans down, call Hank Thompson up, rest Bobby Grich with Thompson.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

EC Update!

As per Smasher's request, I'm now posting the divisional alignment for this Expansion Cup. Here's who you'll be fighting against for your tune-up season:

Alignment

Laissez Faire Division (DH)
Spokane Air Raids
Norfolk Splinter Cells <- filler team led by yours truly.
Cleveland Commies
Cuba Smokers
Hartford Whalers

Already Relegated Division (DH)
New England Arguments
Providence Barons
New Orleans Mashers
Philadelphia Failures
Seattle Suicides

Non-Existents Division (No-DH)
San Jose Elephants
Wausau Woodchucks
Web 2.0 Bloggers BETA
Albany Pessimists
Oneida Spooners

Sub-Tropical Division (No-DH)
Cancun Tornadoes
Venice Beach Surf
Catalina 2 Fish 1 Bubble
Flushing Flying Dutchmen
Florida Dickshots

If you've found your team in a no-DH division when you specified DH, I apologize. There are simply too many owners that wanted DH that I could not accommodate everyone's wishes. This could easily change for the Super-League, so don't give up hope! Just post your rosters to make them No-DH compatible, and Smasher will get a preview up letting you know what he thinks about your teams so you can have your expectations properly tempered.

Also, the prize for winning the EC is a best-of, turn of the century player of your choice. If my team somehow wins the EC, the prize will go to the winner of a best of seven series between the first-place no-DH team and the second-place DH team. I am NOT eligible for the prize, so don't worry.

The dispersal draft going into the SL will take your EC records into account when establishing draft order, so keep that in mind as well.

cbx fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 22, 2012

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
Is there some slider that lets the AI manager rest people? Sitting dudes for weeks at a time isn't ideal.

I mean, I want to rest the sore guys in the Bearers lineup, but for a day or two here and there, not two series.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Viscount Slim posted:

Is there some slider that lets the AI manager rest people? Sitting dudes for weeks at a time isn't ideal.

I mean, I want to rest the sore guys in the Bearers lineup, but for a day or two here and there, not two series.

There is, but I'd have to turn it on for everyone (well, everyone in a league), and it would be A.I. controlled.

Dynamo League Week 15 Injury Report

As per Marauder resting a lot of players, no new champions

Dubai Dervishes
Burleigh Grimes (SP) (Easy Come, Easy Go) - 13 days

Florida Oranges
Jeff Innis (RP) (Boating Accident) - 18 days
Taffy Wright (OF) (Carlos Beltran wants his spot back. Now.) - 37 days

Lombard St. Gumshoes
Hoyt Wilhelm (RP) (Causes unknown pending Detective Slaught's investigation) - 11 days

Polyarny Postmodernists
Barry Bonds (OF) (From the sky above, Danny Rainwater dripped, drizzled, streamed onto this world from skies and seas unknown. An innocent untouched by human knowledge or corruption. But this realm of men could not abide such a man without a past or a future. Men demand reason and continuity in their lives. One man, even more deluded to the rest, assigned Danny Rainwater the role of prophet, of the fated one. That man's folly could only end in disaster) - Out for Season

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Beltran can have his spot back.

Kevin Brown to long relief, LSDock Ellis to mopup duty & send Coveleski and Brown to the minors to teach Jeff Innis how to not get injured at the AA level.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's not a real league.
You don't have to cater to the no-DH minority.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Yeah, especially in EC it would be really nice to have that extra spot to test another hitter out.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's not a real league.
You don't have to cater to the no-DH minority.

If it's not a real league, why would you need a DH that bad?

(Funny enough, I think I was the only one who said no-DH.)

UZworm fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 22, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Unfortunately, I can't just put everyone on the DH train, because the Mogul engine will refuse to schedule a season so unbalanced. If you want to argue a case as to why I should switch your team to the DH side, and what team your team would replace, then feel free to do so. I would be greatly entertained.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I think they were looking to make every team use the DH vs an overwhelmingly unbalanced DH vs no-DH league structure.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

28-Man:

C '67 Joe Torre
1B '74 Steve Garvey
2B '28 Rogers Hornsby
SS '84 Julio Franco
3B '74 Ron Cey
LF '84 Brett Butler
CF '03 Ichiro Suzuki
RF '67 Hank Aaron

'74 Davey Lopes - 2B
'74 Joe Ferguson - C
'67 Denis Menke - UT
'67 Felipe Alou - 1B/OF
'74 Jim Wynn - OF

SP#1: '84 Bert Blyleven
SP#2: '74 Don Sutton
SP#3: '74 Andy Messersmith
SP#4: '67 Phil Niekro
SP#5: '78 Luis Tiant

CL '77 Dennis Eckersley
SU '74 Mike Marshall
SR '77 Larry Andersen
SR '77 Jim Kern
MR '67 Ron Reed
MR '67 Clay Carroll
LR '74 Charlie Hough

AAA:
'77 Dave LaRoche - RP
'84 Joe Carter - OF
'77 Rick Sutcliffe - SP

code:
#1 Ichiro Suzuki - CF
#2 Rogers Hornsby - 2B
#3 Joe Torre - C
#4 Hank Aaron - RF 
#5 Julio Franco - SS
#6 Brett Butler - LF
#7 Steve Garvey - 1B
#8 Ron Cey - 3B
#9 Pitcher
Hit and Run: -4
Sacrifice Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play: 1
Trying for extra bases: -2
Stealing Bases: -2
Aggressively Tagging Up: 4
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): 0
Giving Intentional Walks: -2
Pitching Around Good Hitters: 0
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: +2
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: +4
Bringing in Pinch Runners: 0
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +2
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: +1
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: -3
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: -2

adjusted for No-DH

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Dammit, Grimes. Again? Well, bring Nolan back up in Grimes' place. I guess this is just my luck regressing from last season where I don't think I had any report-worthy injuries the whole time. Such is life, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

cbx posted:

Unfortunately, I can't just put everyone on the DH train, because the Mogul engine will refuse to schedule a season so unbalanced. If you want to argue a case as to why I should switch your team to the DH side, and what team your team would replace, then feel free to do so. I would be greatly entertained.
Cancun Tornados should replace the Norfolk Splinter Cells.

You don't care about your filler team so they are the easiest to switch.
My team should be switched because I observed this first and called dibs.