Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
IWABO is a dumb band. Conversely, I'm seeing Phobia and Sick/Tired tomorrow and it's going to be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Incursus posted:

Anyone here like Iwrestledabearonce? I saw them last year at warped tour but I had a massive dehydration headache so i dont really remember much. They are playing next week and im debating on going. Also "Stray from the path" is playing but i STRONGLY dislike them.

IWABO is alright live. Nothing spectacular.

Either way Stray should be enough to keep you away. Their fans are shitheads (they're from my area so they have a big following here). They go to stay shows and just start fights during the other bands (punching people in the face who are just standing there, knocking them down, etc.).

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
IWABO's self titled EP is pretty amazing imo, I dunno what the gently caress they were thinking with pretty much everything they wrote after that. They should have just stuck to that style. I saw them live back then and it was pretty awesome, though they had different guitarist and bassist. When I saw them the rhythm guitarist was female as well.

Also, didn't Krysta leave or something? I heard they got a replacement. Was that temporary? Her harsh vocals are pretty much the only reason I stuck around for their two LPs. Her clean vocals can go gently caress off though.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

the Bunt posted:

IWABO's self titled EP is pretty amazing imo, I dunno what the gently caress they were thinking with pretty much everything they wrote after that. They should have just stuck to that style. I saw them live back then and it was pretty awesome, though they had different guitarist and bassist. When I saw them the rhythm guitarist was female as well.

Also, didn't Krysta leave or something? I heard they got a replacement. Was that temporary? Her harsh vocals are pretty much the only reason I stuck around for their two LPs. Her clean vocals can go gently caress off though.

Everything I've heard from them has reminded me of Heavy Heavy Low Low (so awful bullshit). She got pregnant and left the band from what I heard.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Kevar posted:

Everything I've heard from them has reminded me of Heavy Heavy Low Low (so awful bullshit). She got pregnant and left the band from what I heard.

HHLL is actually really good

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Traitorous Leopard posted:

LOL No they aren't

Kevar posted:

I believe this is confirmed

http://loudwire.com/iwrestledabearonce-bassist-believes-singer-krysta-cameron-is-permanently-gone/

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
I love HHLL. Their last album was kinda...weird...but the other one is still sick tits and I still love the end breakdown in Tell Shannon to Get Her Crafts Ready way more than any human should. Anyone who says they sound ANYTHING like IWABO has no ears though I'm afraid.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

the Bunt posted:

I love HHLL. Their last album was kinda...weird...but the other one is still sick tits and I still love the end breakdown in Tell Shannon to Get Her Crafts Ready way more than any human should. Anyone who says they sound ANYTHING like IWABO has no ears though I'm afraid.

To be fair I only listened to IWABO long enough to say "gently caress this" and I haven't listened to HHLL outside of that one time I saw them open a show and thought "gently caress this"

Both bands just rub me the wrong way.

Kevar fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 14, 2012

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

I Wrestled A Bear Once has got to be the worst excuse for a "band" I have ever heard of in my loving life.

Stray From The Path, on the other hand, is absolutely amazing. What the gently caress is going on in this thread. Kingnothing, I'm assuming you're from Long Island. What fans are you even talking about who apparently just punch people in the face? Never heard anything more ridiculous.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^Agreed. Seeing letlive. and Stray From The Path together was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
^ Agreed. I think the negative opinions are coming from people who get butthurt about getting touched at shows.

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY!
Im pretty sure Kyrsta came back to IWABO as I saw her at warped tour last year unless it was a recent thing that just happened and/or im being a crackhead (remember I was dehydrated like a mother gently caress). I just dont like stray from the path's flow and style. However I also didnt like hardcore in general until I listened to it more often. SO im sure if I listened to them more id like them but hardcore bands are a dime a dozen nowadays anyway.

In conclusion I think im gonna skip the IWABO show and wait for I see stars, falling in reverse, letlive and enter shakiri. However the third show on my list is not even open for debate.

http://www.killertours.com/search/state/in

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^gently caress, I wish I could catch letlive. and Enter Shikari together. letlive. are loving amazing live. I've never seen Enter Shikari though, but they're way up on my list.

In sadder news, I'm officially missing tonight's Stray From The Path concert that's a couple blocks from my apartment. But, Converge will be there in a couple weeks, so maybe I'll make that one...

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Later poo poo when they got trippy is great. I still listen to Courtside Seats occasionally but Turtle Nipple is still on constant rotation for me and it's almost five years old. Rob's lyrics are really interesting without being contrived and Chris writes really interesting beats without trying to be flashy.

E: Look up Stankin' Rankin and Dem Dam Thang Boyz. Danny does more hip hop poo poo now and it's pretty funny. I don't know if you ever checked out VaGinatear back in the day...

caleb fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 15, 2012

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

I Wrestled A Bear Once has got to be the worst excuse for a "band" I have ever heard of in my loving life.

Stray From The Path, on the other hand, is absolutely amazing. What the gently caress is going on in this thread. Kingnothing, I'm assuming you're from Long Island. What fans are you even talking about who apparently just punch people in the face? Never heard anything more ridiculous.

I do happen to be from LI. I don't care about getting touched at shows, and I tend to be in the mess.

If I go to the stray show I can literally point the kids out to you because I know who they are cause I've seen em so many times before. They were there at the Crazy Donkey last time I saw Stray a few years ago, and bouncers ended up head-locking one kid and kicking them out. It was a few years ago, so maybe they aren't around anymore.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Not sure if anyone here keeps up with Car Bomb but they finally released a new album after like 5 years or something. They have it up basically for free here: http://carbomb.bandcamp.com/

Not as schizo as their first album but still pretty ridiculous. Reminds me of a sludgier Psyopus.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

XIII posted:

But, Converge will be there in a couple weeks, so maybe I'll make that one...

You fail yourself if you don't go to this. This tour ins't coming anywhere near me and I'm pissed. Their setlist is 15 minutes shy of 2 loving hours.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Kevar posted:

You fail yourself if you don't go to this. This tour ins't coming anywhere near me and I'm pissed. Their setlist is 15 minutes shy of 2 loving hours.

I'm driving 4 hours (edit: one way) on a work night to see them. I've never had the chance and I've been a fan since Jane Doe and I am super pumped.

Battery Joe
Apr 12, 2007
talkin' shit about a pretty sunset
I posted about this in the punk thread, but I just saw Converge in Rochester, NY and it was a really great show. Kvelertak and Torche opened for them and they were fun, but I'm not really a fan of either band. Converge did indeed play for nearly two hours, and I'd give a rundown of their set list but I was so exhilarated to see them it all kind of blurs together now (my memory actually really just sucks.) My favorite part of the show was probably A Glacial Pace from the new album. So awesome live.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

caleb posted:

Later poo poo when they got trippy is great. I still listen to Courtside Seats occasionally but Turtle Nipple is still on constant rotation for me and it's almost five years old. Rob's lyrics are really interesting without being contrived and Chris writes really interesting beats without trying to be flashy.

E: Look up Stankin' Rankin and Dem Dam Thang Boyz. Danny does more hip hop poo poo now and it's pretty funny. I don't know if you ever checked out VaGinatear back in the day...

I think I tried one song on Turtle Nipple and it really didn't do anything for me, although I definitely didn't give the album a fair shake.

I really like pretty much all their CD's before that, though.

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Another new Parkway Drive tune.

Holy poo poo I'm looking forward to this tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4rvMrmX0sI

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

g0lbez posted:

Not sure if anyone here keeps up with Car Bomb but they finally released a new album after like 5 years or something. They have it up basically for free here: http://carbomb.bandcamp.com/

Not as schizo as their first album but still pretty ridiculous. Reminds me of a sludgier Psyopus.

This is a sick loving album

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

MMMCCLI posted:

Another new Parkway Drive tune.

Holy poo poo I'm looking forward to this tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4rvMrmX0sI

Part of the opening riff sounds a little like part of Karma, but overall a pretty cool song.

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

Part of the opening riff sounds a little like part of Karma, but overall a pretty cool song.

My first time hearing that song. I thought the same exact thing. This album is gonna be loving sick. Might actually buy it in a store for a change.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

g0lbez posted:

Thank you for the link, I had semi forgot about them. Loved Centralia. Had a chance to see them play with Last Chance to Reason and Car Bomb was ridiculously proficient. Really good show and very nice guys. The lead singer was doing their merch and he threw in a t-shirt when I purchased a vinyl copy of Centralia. Neat.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Parkway Drive leaked.

vedicardi
Oct 17, 2012

the Bunt posted:

song title kinda gives away how awful it is

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
The new Parkway is ok, i wasn't going to bother since i didn't like Deep Blue at all but i've been a fan since the beginning as they're somewhat of a local band.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Currently going through the new PWD. Some of these tracks are awesome, other tracks sound too much like old songs that it's a little annoying. Like, The River sounds a ton like Idols and Anchors, or at least the chord changes do.

Swing, on the other hand, is an absolutely killer song, what a crazy track.

Edit: Turntable scratches, what the gently caress? Not sure how I feel about them.

reversefungi fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 22, 2012

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

The Dark Wind posted:

Edit: Turntable scratches, what the gently caress? Not sure how I feel about them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ&sns=em

E: listened to Swing and The River on the way to class, I think I heard what you were talking about on The River. Also, there was a very small part on Swing that I thought I had heard before. Maybe I'm just hearing things that aren't there, though. Still, that's two definite songs that have reused old riffs.

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Oct 22, 2012

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Still, that's two definite songs that have reused old riffs.

:qqsay:

who cares, it's still awesome!

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

krustster posted:

:qqsay:

who cares, it's still awesome!

Reusing old stuff rubs me the wrong way, really burns my biscuits, cooks my grits if ya know what I mean

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
I know they're sometimes called hardcore but I feel these guys deserved posting in here, a band from my country named Antagonist A.D.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61iAetR57To

Auditore fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 23, 2012

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Listening to Atlas right now and so far it owns.

Deep Blue and now this album have really turned my opinion of Parkway Drive around. I'll have to go back and listen to the rest of their back catalogue again now.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
Here is the full new PWD album for streaming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YRqvXjmu4Oc

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

Im so tempted to pirate this poo poo but I will resist for now.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
The more I listen to Atlas, the more it's growing on me. All of Parkway's stuff has been like that for me. This album actually is loving awesome, holy poo poo.

Edit: I just tabbed out all of Wild Eyes and threw it on Ultimate-Guitar in Guitar Pro format if any of you guys wanna check it out :shobon:

reversefungi fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 27, 2012

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

The Dark Wind posted:

The more I listen to Atlas, the more it's growing on me. All of Parkway's stuff has been like that for me. This album actually is loving awesome, holy poo poo.

Edit: I just tabbed out all of Wild Eyes and threw it on Ultimate-Guitar in Guitar Pro format if any of you guys wanna check it out :shobon:

Yeah Wild Eyes is by far their best song on that album.

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Mentioned these in the thread before, friends band just put out their first cd

Dead Harts

http://deadharts.bandcamp.com/album/born-into-rags-to-die-no-richer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

MMMCCLI posted:

Mentioned these in the thread before, friends band just put out their first cd

Dead Harts

http://deadharts.bandcamp.com/album/born-into-rags-to-die-no-richer

Sounds almost like a mix between Architects and Deez Nuts. Not bad at all to be honest.