Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

AlexG posted:

I was interpreting the first panel of 491 to be the three animals literally looking at the seed bismuth (compare the glow there to the one in your link) - but perhaps that is only meant to symbolize them being at the Court in some sense. But it can't have been long after the founding, given that Diego, Steadman, etc., were founders and were alive after Coyote made the Annan Waters.

It's possible it's literal - the seed bismuth might might have still been there. Nothing says it was destroyed or consumed at founding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

IronSaber posted:

Can't wait to see Jones floating in the void as the universe is created.

AE-35 Unit posted:

Wednesday's comic will just be Jones drifting along in space at the beginning of the universe. :geno:

Still waiting, Tom. :colbert:

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Since the simulation is just an artist's depiction of the founding of the court, I don't know if one can use the the uniform to specifically date when it occurred. The founders looks could've been based on portraits found around the school, since Diego looks accurate to how we know he looked, but they could've just as easily had to make it up if a picture wasn't available. There could also be a Dr. Who type situation going on- where the British army based their uniforms on the look of the Court Founder, and not the other way around. Either way, it's possible that Jones made her way to the American southwest, Coyote wanted to know stories, and Jones, using her possible profession as a governess, told him about Renard and Ysengrim.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I figure that they probably at least know when the founding of the court was, so if they did make something up in the simulation, they likely would've used the right era.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

MikeJF posted:

Specifially, it looks like Coyote came because of Renard, but Renard wasn't at Gillite then. They hooked up after Coyote came to Britain and then headed to Gillite after, where they found the Court and the Forest in dispute.

Well isn't Renard from France/Germany originally? Maybe Coyote stopped at the first landmass he came to and just faffed about this green and pleasant land until Renard decided to pay a visit.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Doing a bit of a re-read. This page confuses me a little. That's a Rogat Orjak, right? It doesn't look quite like Sivo, but he has a spike through the same forelimb that Sivo did. Anyone know what the relevance of this is? Why would Zimmy have something so specific in her head before she came to the Court? Even if you blur the line between memory and hallucination, Zimmy doesn't really know anything about Reynardine pre-dollification.

In the same chapter she talks about her hallucinations becoming real when things get really bad. I'm starting to wonder just how much that's happened.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I always though it was a premonition, something court-related even if she never ended up seeing it in real life... but now that I look at it, it does actually look quite different to Sivo. Very different and creepy head... exposed musculature, and in that second panel, almost... biomechanical?

I dunno, it might just be Zimmy's brain taking a premonition and adding extra nightmare.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Leovinus posted:

Doing a bit of a re-read. This page confuses me a little. That's a Rogat Orjak, right? It doesn't look quite like Sivo, but he has a spike through the same forelimb that Sivo did. Anyone know what the relevance of this is? Why would Zimmy have something so specific in her head before she came to the Court? Even if you blur the line between memory and hallucination, Zimmy doesn't really know anything about Reynardine pre-dollification.

It's a symbol of Reynard in the body of Sivo. She doesn't know anything about either of them, but Silent Hill doesn't care.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

AlexG posted:

Oh, and we still don't know what Jones is.
What Jones is?

Jones is.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
The pace of this storyline might be slow now, but I'm fairly certain it's leading up to something grand.

Nipponophile posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone have the pictures he drew a couple years ago of Annie and Kat in fancy dresses? I seem to remember that he did them as a livestream thing, but I can't find them on his site. It kicked off a brief flurry of "Let's draw girls in pretty dresses!" in the old PHIZ webcomic thread.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Now Annie, putting your finger along the blade like that is the best way to get it chopped :v: You have a crossguard for a reason.
But those are very pretty anyway.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

But what if she isn't?!

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
No doubt she will move often, then be burned as a witch in 1693, remaining completely unscathed.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Dodgeball posted:

No doubt she will move often, then be burned as a witch in 1693, remaining completely unscathed.

Well, if she doesn't burn, she's not a witch, right?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

AE-35 Unit posted:

Well, if she doesn't burn, she's not a witch, right?

This is correct, because witches are made of wood.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

pik_d posted:

I can see where this is leading, and I think it's safe to say that Jones is not a witch on account of Jones is heavier than a duck.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

I can see where this is leading, and I think it's safe to say that Jones is not a witch on account of Jones is heavier than a duck.

She's certainly not a very small rock. :v:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

AE-35 Unit posted:

She's certainly not a very small rock. :v:

Exactly. Jones is an Eye, small rocks are teeth, everyone knows this.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

MikeJF posted:

I figure that they probably at least know when the founding of the court was, so if they did make something up in the simulation, they likely would've used the right era.

"a lot of information about the origin of the court has been lost or, in my opinion, deliberately hidden"

-Jones

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
So I guess she can shrug off more than a glancing blow.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Jones is Jeanne.

D'arc

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Hmm, do those peoples eyes remind anyone of Zimmy's shadow eyed people in panel 2?

*Thud*

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 22, 2012

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Ah knew it! Jones wuz wunna dem Muzlins th' whole time! :bahgawd:

(edit: I know nothing about wimples)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Elizabeth "Emma" Langdon-Jones, colonial zombie hunter.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

AE-35 Unit posted:

(edit: I know nothing about wimples)

Perhaps you should click the provided link to learn about them?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think the shadows over the angry mob's eyes are meant to be a stylistic affectation but they look rather similar to Zimmy's Nobodies.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Bongo Bill posted:

I think the shadows over the angry mob's eyes are meant to be a stylistic affectation but they look rather similar to Zimmy's Nobodies.

The one on the right looks like a stylistic affectation. The one on the left looks.. intentional.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I want to see Jones taking down a mammoth with a rock and her teeth.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
If those guys are nobodies, Jones just bossed up that spear hard enough to turn their eyes normal in the second-to-last panel.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Calling she's actually Pygmalion's statue come to life.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
What era are we in here? Are we going to see Jones kicking rear end with Boudica soon or what?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Roger Explosion posted:

What era are we in here? Are we going to see Jones kicking rear end with Boudica soon or what?

Maybe you mean "as" :black101:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Niton posted:

Jones is Jeanne.

D'arc

So she followed the anglois home so she could boute them some more?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I have nothing to say about this except that I AM SUPER STOKED!!!

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

pik_d posted:

Well there we go. If she was really made out of tree she must be sterile or something, no way could she have stayed unpollinated after so long.

That's actually a weird line of thought (the tree thing, not the creepy part) maybe there isn't just one Jones, but a whole bunch around the world? I can see it now, a few hundred unaging Jones around the world carefully watch over those of importance. Every hundred years they gather and swap stories. :v:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wrist Watch posted:

I can see it now, a few hundred unaging Jones around the world carefully watch over those of importance. Every hundred years they gather and swap stories. :v:

Man, House of Suns was awesome.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Niton posted:

Jones is Jeanne.

D'arc

I doubt it. There's nothing specifically indicating this other than that she's a woman in medieval Europe, and she's fighting some soldiers.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
I feel like a phishing but this chapter's been the first time I stopped checking for updates. I'm sure it'll be easier to get through once all the pages are laid out in the archives but right now I am just waiting for news that something other than Jones being old has come up. :smith:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
This is starting to get silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I just realized something. Why didn't Jones fall through the deck of that ship? Isn't she super heavy?
No offense Miss Jones but you walk through walls.