Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Dave's practice raps start off weak, but some of the laters ones feel like some promise is building up there.

Also, sometimes I almost forget how great the blonde kids are, but Hussie is ever so quick to remind us all.

Cthulhuchan posted:

I presume Rose was initially against the idea, but sheer curiosity eventually got the better of her.

I was all set for some Meenah/Vriska Best Worst Plan EVAR, but I couldn't pass up these shenanigans for anything.

Sheer curiosity was enough to get her to try getting drunk off of her mother's stash during the few months she was in a beta timeline, something she mentioned remembering at one point.

Getting smashed this late in the game doesn't offer her much wiggle room for excuses other than "Because I can". :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
I think that was more depression and stress over a hopeless situation rather than mere curiosity. Although it is true that she has second-hand (one and a half hand?) experience with getting drunk.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
In case you haven't seen it, Dave is spot-on. Obama rapping would be pretty dope.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Well, this is going to be beautiful. :allears:

Is that Sollux's computer Dave's headphones are plugged into?

hey dave, let's run some of these ath programs, I mean what could POSSIBLY happen

EDIT: nope, the symbol on the back looks more like a T. Tavros?

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 23, 2012

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Oh my.

Rose is going to say somethings that she really shouldn't say, isn't she?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Also looks like Kanaya made her a nice Seer of Light dress!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I guess the fermented apple doesn't stagger, stumble, trip and fall far from the tree.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
That flash update was one of the best updates in recent memory. Hussie is really unapologetic about chastising a large chunk of his fans, and it's extremely funny to me that a lot of them are too blind/obsessed to realize it. He's pretty spot on when it comes to being (unintentionally?) poignant and intelligent about these things. Horuss's dialogue about "extrapolating a single defining feature of my personality" was A+ in that aspect.

Reminds me that the self-awareness of act 6 isn't always detrimental.

Color Printer posted:

hey dave, let's run some of these ath programs, I mean what could POSSIBLY happen

That's Terezi's computer. It's the scales of Justice.

laplace fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 23, 2012

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Color Printer posted:

It's Terezi's computer. The T is a balance scale without the pans.

e:f,b. gently caress posting from a phone.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Uh oh. Guys, I am worried. What if Rose and Kanaya's date hasn't happened yet and that's why Rose is dressed up all fancy, like in preparation, and she just wanted to have a little drink to loosen up her nerves a bit but then that Lalonde blood kicked in and she got carried away :ohdear: Rose, don't screw up your date before it starts! You are trapped on a space meteor! You don't have that many options!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

loquacius posted:

Uh oh. Guys, I am worried. What if Rose and Kanaya's date hasn't happened yet and that's why Rose is dressed up all fancy, like in preparation, and she just wanted to have a little drink to loosen up her nerves a bit but then that Lalonde blood kicked in and she got carried away :ohdear: Rose, don't screw up your date before it starts! You are trapped on a space meteor! You don't have that many options!

Karkat.

:getin:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

loquacius posted:

:ohdear: Rose, don't screw up your date before it starts! You are trapped on a space meteor! You don't have that many options!
Karkat. Just throwing it out there, poor kid needs some love.

EDIT: ^ :hfive:

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 23, 2012

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

loquacius posted:

Kanaya is classy enough that if her date shows up drunk, then she'll just get drunk too so that they can be drunk together. Easy solution.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Technique posted:

Kanaya is classy enough that if her date shows up drunk, then she'll just get drunk too so that they can be drunk together. Easy solution.

Maybe Rose has to get pre-sloshed before the date even starts, such that Kanaya can get vampire drunk on her blood as the date progresses.

This comic produces the weirdest sentences.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Cabbit posted:

This comic produces the weirdest sentences.
This itself is half the fun of posting about Homestuck on the internet.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Technique posted:

Alternatively, being a vampire, she can simply drink Rose's now intoxicated blood and get drunk that way. That could get dangerous if anyone starts to shout "Chug! Chug! Chug!"

I'm really liking the slow personality drift as they grow older. Dave's mumbling and dorky love of rap is increasingly silly in person as opposed to the carefully groomed "cool" persona he maintained online. Rose getting drunk is pretty drat funny too, although hopefully it doesn't become a problem for her. We'll see how that works out when she meets up with Roxy.

Oh, and maybe it's just election fever but Dave's wistful wondering about an Obama presidency really make me want to see an ending to Homestuck where they somehow save the earth. Dave's pop-cultural stasis is oddly tragic. Besides, shouldn't he get a chance to freestyle with President B-Rock "The Islamic Shock" Superallah Obama? That's our wordless epilogue fly-by right there.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I can only hope Kanaya shows up in a few panels even drunker.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
Did we just jump a full year since the flash? I was thinking the flash was in year 2 but that timeline we just saw placed the shattered paradox spacetime that Vriska was navigating near their position at the end of year 1. What is the deal.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Dolash posted:

Alternatively, being a vampire, she can simply drink Rose's now intoxicated blood and get drunk that way. That could get dangerous if anyone starts to shout "Chug! Chug! Chug!"

I'm really liking the slow personality drift as they grow older. Dave's mumbling and dorky love of rap is increasingly silly in person as opposed to the carefully groomed "cool" persona he maintained online. Rose getting drunk is pretty drat funny too, although hopefully it doesn't become a problem for her. We'll see how that works out when she meets up with Roxy.

Oh, and maybe it's just election fever but Dave's wistful wondering about an Obama presidency really make me want to see an ending to Homestuck where they somehow save the earth. Dave's pop-cultural stasis is oddly tragic. Besides, shouldn't he get a chance to freestyle with President B-Rock "The Islamic Shock" Superallah Obama? That's our wordless epilogue fly-by right there.

Of all the people to slowly begin lamenting the death of his race and all its culture, Dave makes the most sense in retrospect. Dude practically thrived on it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Eikre posted:

Did we just jump a full year since the flash? I was thinking the flash was in year 2 but that timeline we just saw placed the shattered paradox spacetime that Vriska was navigating near their position at the end of year 1. What is the deal.
I think this is literally right after the flash. Dave starting up his rapping. Rose dressed for a date or something with Kanaya (which may have already happened and that's why she's drunk?).

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Those earrings are awesome.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I wonder if this means all the kids will have new outfits when they arrive in the new session. Changing the characters' appearance was always fun.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Um... did anyone note this? New HS album apparently.

http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/album/genesis-frog

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Lord of Laughton posted:

Um... did anyone note this? New HS album apparently.

http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/album/genesis-frog

About time, that was one long-rear end August.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Well Manicured Man posted:

About time, that was one long-rear end August.

Finally I can take off these boardshorts.

PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace
A rapping Dave and a dolled up Rose, this is what it's all about. Dave mentioning Obama twice now, will Obama be the new celebrity involved in home stuck now that John is done with Nick Cage? Also Dave needs to be working on more sweet bro & hella Jeff.

Hey quick question on the last game. Is there only one scene with Terezi?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That is a seriously classy cocktail dress. Rose is a classy young lady.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Fister Roboto posted:

That is a seriously classy cocktail dress. Rose is a classy young lady.

Classy, hammered as gently caress, young lady.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I have a theory that one of Homestuck's unstated goals is to combine all of Hussie's previous projects into one canon. You've got his Team Special Olympics comics showing up as Bro's work and sbahj as Dave's, but you've also got things showing up as story elements, like the humanimals and the mech-assisted rapoffs from aids.

Basically what I'm saying is the president is totally going to show up, and he'll talk like this.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RandomFerret posted:

I have a theory that one of Homestuck's unstated goals is to combine all of Hussie's previous projects into one canon. You've got his Team Special Olympics comics showing up as Bro's work and sbahj as Dave's, but you've also got things showing up as story elements, like the humanimals and the mech-assisted rapoffs from aids.

Basically what I'm saying is the president is totally going to show up, and he'll talk like this.

Where do the Star Trek TNG edits factor into all of this?

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.
I'm still waiting for a Barty Anderson reference, Hussie.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

Alternatively, Obama turns up and is exactly like the bad guy from And It Don't Stop.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Nate RFB posted:

I think this is literally right after the flash. Dave starting up his rapping. Rose dressed for a date or something with Kanaya (which may have already happened and that's why she's drunk?).

Pretty sure he meant the EoA6.3 flash, what with Caliborn entering, and Lord English blowing up the bubble, which was the impetus for Meenah to start her walk-abouts. In the current timeline thing the (or just an?) exploded bubble is at the 1 year mark while the meteor is at the two year. Of course there's probably all sorts of furthest ring time bullshit so who knows.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Reminder: Time is completely meaningless in Homestuck. Time does not mean poo poo.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

Pretty sure he meant the EoA6.3 flash, what with Caliborn entering, and Lord English blowing up the bubble, which was the impetus for Meenah to start her walk-abouts. In the current timeline thing the (or just an?) exploded bubble is at the 1 year mark while the meteor is at the two year. Of course there's probably all sorts of furthest ring time bullshit so who knows.

Given Dave's draft-raps, Gamzee's appearance, I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be more than a day or two after the last Meenahquest flash.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Where do the Star Trek TNG edits factor into all of this?

Everywhere.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Technique posted:

Reminder: Time is completely meaningless in Homestuck. Time does not mean poo poo.

Not exactly. Things that happen in different parts of paradox space don't really fit on one timeline (except the external one imposed by their presentation as a sequence of pages on a website, and more generally in the handwavey sense of "circumstantial simultaneity"), but locally the situation is not the same. It does make sense to ask whether Dave saw LE shatter that bubble one year or two years into the meteor's journey (the illustration suggests one, although I figured it'd be two before I saw that page), and likewise how long this was before his participation in the Openbound dreambubble, from his perspective.

Of course, nothing strictly guarantees that the dreaming Dave Meenah meets in part 1 of the walkabout is, in terms of his personal timeline, anywhere near the awake Dave in part 3 or the one we're now watching be aghast at Rose; his dialogue in part 1 does suggest it's been a while since the ghostmurder incident, though, and I guess it makes sense that people dreaming in bubbles that they're actually physically in wouldn't necessarily get displaced much. Remember Dave and Rose talking when Rose was just flying off to deliver the tumor? That was pretty much simultaneous as well, perhaps because she hadn't gone far enough for that word to be entirely meaningless.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Listening to the new album,
It's kind of a slow start for me, but it's really picking up by 'Buy NAK sell DOOF'

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

WAR FOOT posted:

Also looks like Kanaya made her a nice Seer of Light dress!

Quit bumpin' gums, ya noodlenosed loon!

Now prop your lazy bones on those getaway sticks and shake a leg, mister! Everyone get in the flivver or this trip's for biscuits, see??

(P.S flappers are cool)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

RandomFerret posted:

But Homestuck is already about the Obama administration (and Vriska (Vriska)).