Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Aside from the Billy Bob Thornton episode, which was a funny concept that went for too long, I'll vouch for Heidecker until I die. Popcorn.com and the Woody Allen stuff are still some of my favourite bits.

I know you guys don't like him, and I understand, but I love his appearances. I guess will never get sick of the 'showbiz ego' character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Dorepoll posted:

Aside from the Billy Bob Thornton episode, which was a funny concept that went for too long, I'll vouch for Heidecker until I die. Popcorn.com and the Woody Allen stuff are still some of my favourite bits.

I know you guys don't like him, and I understand, but I love his appearances. I guess will never get sick of the 'showbiz ego' character.

"Did I say Woody? I meant Tim! Did I say Woody? I meant Tim!"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

:colbert: Tim Heidecker's schtick is comedy gold. I want to see a showdown between the Leykis from CBB and the Leykis in the Cinco Brothers episode of Tim & Eric.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I've been working my way back through the old episodes and am currently on the early 100's. Just listened to the episode with 2 actors from Childrens' Hospital where the 3rd "guest" was the CEO of American Apparel. Holy poo poo it was one of the funniest things I ever heard, and instantly one of my favorites. Please tell me this character made multiple appearances.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

qbert posted:

I've been working my way back through the old episodes and am currently on the early 100's. Just listened to the episode with 2 actors from Childrens' Hospital where the 3rd "guest" was the CEO of American Apparel. Holy poo poo it was one of the funniest things I ever heard, and instantly one of my favorites. Please tell me this character made multiple appearances.

That was James Adomian as Dov Charney. His only other appearance was on one of the summer tour episodes. He was hilarious as poo poo on that one too.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Lugaloco posted:

Fortunately I'm stranded on a desert island, so I have the chance to develop multiple personalities for improv games!
Unfortunately you come to the conclusion that the whole multiple personality thing wasn't working out for your improv sketch show so you decided to skip on that idea.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Fortunately, you have a second think, and find a way to make it really funny.
I liked this week's episode. Even though they were poo poo at the games, they were poo poo in a funny way.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I loved how perplexed Scott was when he just went "No, gently caress you" instead of "Yes, and...". That game was glorious. And Scott cares about the WYR theme song again! :woop:

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Popelmon posted:

I loved how perplexed Scott was when he just went "No, gently caress you" instead of "Yes, and...". That game was glorious. And Scott cares about the WYR theme song again! :woop:

I don't know why but it really annoys me when he doesn't care. God drat it Scott, don't be a doormat to these rulebreakers :argh:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Like someone said earlier, I'm really happy this podcast introduced me to Adam Pally. I still go back and listen to the Andy Samberg episode with Adam and his extremely loose character handling.

"You have just insulted every comic out there."
- "That's how you make it to the top :c00l:"

drat I'm gonna go listen to it again. Andy also has a really great attitude for the show, and bounces off Scott and Adam really well.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I've been going through the back-catalogue myself(though I've skipped the Heidecker episodes, the second Halloween episode, and a few others), and Wipeout! was great, but I kinda wish they hadn't gone for the Scott and Jason are vampires/Andy Daly intervention route if only for the fact that I wish the vampire-hunting cowboy could come back for another episode and now I'm not sure if he will. Then again, besides Don Dimello I'm not sure Andy Daly ever repeats characters(besides the suicide cavalcade). His poems were amazing though.

As for PFT characters, Ice-T is my favorite and Cake Boss is my least favorite, which kinda sucks for me since Ice-T is one of the least common and Cake Boss is far and away the most. I would like for Mr. Brainwash to make another appearance, too.

Beeez fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 23, 2012

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Where the hell is Nerd Poker?! :argh:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Beeez posted:

I've been going through the back-catalogue myself(though I've skipped the Heidecker episodes, the second Halloween episode, and a few others), and Wipeout! was great, but I kinda wish they hadn't gone for the Scott and Jason are vampires/Andy Daly intervention route if only for the fact that I wish the vampire-hunting cowboy could come back for another episode and now I'm not sure if he will. Then again, besides Don Dimello I'm not sure Andy Daly ever repeats characters(besides the suicide cavalcade). His poems were amazing though.

I think I have listened to all CBB episodes and my favorite bit by far was when Andy Daly did his limerick-writer character and he bounced the reading of the non-existant limerick back to Jason Mantzoukas. Scott and Jason both just started laughing because it was so brilliant and because Jason was so hosed.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm fine with Andy Daly bringing a new character to each CBB because every one has been amazing still (there was a nurse character with Gillian Jacobs who wasn't super funny, but still ok).

Why would you skip the second halloween episodes? That was the one with the spooky ghost buns (puns).

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

I'm fine with Andy Daly bringing a new character to each CBB because every one has been amazing still (there was a nurse character with Gillian Jacobs who wasn't super funny, but still ok).

Why would you skip the second halloween episodes? That was the one with the spooky ghost buns (puns).

Also Neil Campbell's monologue on there is probably the second funniest thing ever (behind the aforementioned Andy Daly limerick thing)

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Has anyone named the What am I Thinking song, by the way? It's so moody and pretty and I would listen to an entire album like that.

'Cause WYR is that track from the musical, and there's the one game that uses Crispin Glover's "Oveture" that they've played a couple of times, but I have no idea on the What am I Thinking track.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Conduit for Sale! posted:

That was James Adomian as Dov Charney. His only other appearance was on one of the summer tour episodes. He was hilarious as poo poo on that one too.

He also did it on Occupy Thanksgiving with David Wain and Margaret Cho.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

caligulamprey posted:

Has anyone named the What am I Thinking song, by the way? It's so moody and pretty and I would listen to an entire album like that.

'Cause WYR is that track from the musical, and there's the one game that uses Crispin Glover's "Oveture" that they've played a couple of times, but I have no idea on the What am I Thinking track.

It's something by the Flaming Lips but I can't remember which song. It might be named earlier in the thread if you feel like skimming all of it.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

caligulamprey posted:

This last episode he played the song long enough for the first lyrics to be heard. If anyone can pull those out, I'm sure a quick search would help. :)

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

caligulamprey posted:

The album in question is The Flaming Lips' Embryonic and it's very good

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

GraPar posted:

The album in question is The Flaming Lips' Embryonic and it's very good

Why thank you!

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
It isn't really that moody or pretty however! It's a giant scary thing!

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
The exact song is called "Evil." I had no idea it was the Flaming Lips... guess I never gave Embryonic a chance. Until now I always assumed it was music lifted from some old black and white sci-fi/horror movie from the 50s.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I wish Scott would bring back the game that had the Bird and The Bee song, i think it's Dead or Alive (the game not the song). Love that song.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

Because I didn't really like the Gelman/Jon Daly characters or the boy ghost in the first one, so I figured an episode with just them wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Cast No Engine posted:

I wish Scott would bring back the game that had the Bird and The Bee song, i think it's Dead or Alive (the game not the song). Love that song.

it's Guess the Misheard Lyrics (unless he uses more than one Bird and the Bee song!)

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
I wish Aukerman enjoyed playing jukebox jury as much as I enjoy listening to him getting more and more frustrated.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Wednesday episode? Unprecedented!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I like all 3 of these characters, each of them has said something to make me laugh, but I don't think they're really meshing together.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That catchphrase was great.

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009
Your name is Zazzu.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
LOVED this episode, i'd even go as far as to say it was the best CBB this week!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

He sent me a text, it just says "Rasta Man."

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I miss Bob Ducca. I wonder what happened to Dennis. I would like to learn more about Dean and Doluca Ducca.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Or Suzanne Vega My Name Is Luka Ducca.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Ive been singing "First Name Bob, Last Name Ducca, Will You Be My Friend?" in my head a lot

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Figured this would be as good a place as any to ask; I want to go to the Doug Loves Movies/Comedy Bang Bang live shows next week. What day do tickets go on sale for Bang Bang, and how early on Tuesday do I need to get in line for DLM?

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world
I'm not sure which episode I liked better this week. I love it whenever Tim Heidecker is on. He always comes up with the funniest stories. I really liked the Paul Rodgers quadrilogy. I feel like the show went downhill after the other two guests came although they were still pretty funny at times.

I think the Pally/Wilson episode might have been overall more enjoyable to listen to

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Yeah, everyone was strong but they didn't mesh together. Two characters was too much. Everyone was trying to do their bit and stepping all over each other.

Heidecker was right to take a backseat in the second half, but even then the show was claustrophobic. Although, I loving lost it at "Rasta Man".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD

ohshititsric posted:

Your name is Zazzu.

i agree. the perfect line.