Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
No you don't, just remeber the code for A.J. Burnett is burneaj01 not burnea.01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

: And so Adam Dunn started his greatest adventure...to save Sabermetric farm with his only ally being the greatest rabbit to ever play the game of baseball...Johnny Hopp, baseball bunny.
: ...
: Absolutely not.

Super-League VII, Dynamo League Week 15: Leviathan Frowns

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

ORANGES DROP SEVENTH STRAIGHT AS DERVISHES ROLL 4-1

Dubai- Nothing lasts forever, especially in Florida.

The Oranges were once considered one of the most promising expansion teams to enter the Super-League, even having the best regular season record in the Dynamo League during Super-League V, their sophomore season. But those gaudy regular season records meant nothing in the playoffs, where the Oranges have been solidly thrashed by the Finger-Bangers in each of the past two postseasons.

With their roster stagnating as division rival Rockford grows ever stronger, questions are starting to be raised about how much longer the Oranges can keep themselves afloat.

Losses like today's certainly don't help.

With today's defeat, the Oranges have now lost seven straight games, and have now dropped seven and a half games behind the losers with only eleven weeks remaining in the regular season. While it is not quite a hopeless situation, it certainly is heading in that direction.

oldskool, trying desperately to patch up his team, noted that his recent acquisition of Clemens will, "Be a turning point in the history of the Florida Oranges. I'll freely admit that our pitching has been a lot less that ideal for most of this season, but that changes today. With Roger Clemens on our team, we will have the most powerful pitching in the Dynamo League, and that is what's going to take us past those losers up in Rockford, because, I've got say, they've got the best team name in the Super-League. They do exactly as they say, they lose. Then again, what do you expect from a team based in Rockford, where the three remaining residents are all unemployed failures with nothing to live for. There's a reason that Lebron James left a city like that to come to Miami. Florida is the future of this country. We've got the climate, we've got the culture, we've got everything. And anyone who tells you different is just jealous."

The Dervishes, meanwhile, have recently regained their stride, reopening a large lead over the Generics in the new Dies Irae Division thanks to their solid lineup and fantastic team defense. Beet, one of the more taciturn owners in the Super-League, was characteristically terse in his post-game comments, "Won again. Beat Oranges. Good day."

Box Score

Don May posted:

BULLDOGS FACE PAST SINS IN ANTARCTICA, LOSE 6-2

Vostok- It was 80 degrees in the Unspecifieds' dome today.

It was 80 degrees even though the Unspecifieds' dome is located at the very coldest place on Earth during the Antarctic winter. If nothing else, that proved that, whatever his faults, blackmongoose knows how to insulate a dome.

Under the pure white dome, the Unspecifieds were able to continue their latest surge, winning the game 6-2 and moving within four and a half games of the Sic Transit Vir leading Finger-Bangers. blackmongoose, after the game, brought the reporters before his gilded throne to hear his latest address, "Members of the media, please attend me now. I do not deny that mistakes have been made before. Not my mistakes, but the mistakes came from a world that was not yet ready to hear the truth. They conspired against both previous Unspecifieds' teams. Mocked us. Buried us. But things are different now. The time to lead others to the truth is over. Now, we will force people to come face to face with their own corruption, their own deceits that lead the world to ruin. You are skeptical, though. So be it. Why not ask TKBomber what he thinks of my process?"

TKBomber was found several hours later curled up in a corner. While he was not responsive, he was heard to mutter odd and cryptic things in his delirium such as, "No, I didn't kill you Phantoms! You killed yourselves! I had no choice! You didn't give me a choice! I couldn't take you with me! I had to survive! drat you, Phantoms! Haunt me no more!"

Even worse news for the Bulldogs is that, thanks to a strong week, the Saints have moved within one game of Portland for the Memento Mori lead. The Bulldogs will play the Imperialists and Losers next, while the Saints have an easier slate of the Postmodernists and Bearers.

Box Score

Don May posted:

POSTMODERNISTS WIN AS DENNY RAINWATER DELIGHTS ALL

Poughkeepsie- It never gets any better in Poughkeepsie.

Rick Monday should have been a hero today. With the bases loaded and two outs, Monday slashed a three-RBI double to tie the game at three and give the Superbas new life in extra innings.

But then the Superbas stalled, and the Postmodernists were able to reassert themselves, scoring the winning run in the eleventh and driving the Superbas to yet another defeat.

Normally, this would be just another in a long series of soul-crushing Superbas' losses, but today was different. Because today....today Denny Rainwater pitched in a meaningful game.

No one quite knows where Denny Rainwater comes from. Some say that he drifted down from a raincloud one day. Some say that he is an amnesiac drifter, forever running away from his tragic past. Still others claim that he's just Mike Remlinger wearing a fake mustache. Either way, he has stolen the hearts of every fan, whether Postmodernists' or their opponents, with his charming innocence.

Today, Rainwater delighted the fans by pitching one scoreless inning, and then trying to shake the hand of the last hitter of the inning, seemingly unaware that such a gesture was unheard of in the middle of a game.

Superbas' fan, and professor of Russian Literature at Vassar College, Ron Minkowski compared Rainwater to a modern-day Prince Myshkin, referring of course, to the titular character of Dostoevsky's The Idiot. "Much like Myshkin, Rainwater has come from the outside of society and quickly risen to prominence thanks to utterly pure and simple nature. The only concern, of course is that, much like Myshkin, there is a chance that others may latch onto him as some sort of Christ-like figure, not realizing that, like Myshkin, [Rainwater] lacks the divine nature that would make the salvation possible, thus bringing ruin to any who would put their faith in him. While this Mr. Rainwater may appear as a savior, any who put the fate of their team on his shoulders is apt to be gravely disappointed."

Box Score

The Road to Hell is paved with statistics

Analysis

Another strong run. The Unspecifieds have somehow become a pitching-and-fielding team which might not have been exactly what you had in mind, but at least it's working.

Analysis

At least Wood is almost back.

Analysis

Okay, you can put Polanco back at shortstop.

Analysis

Still cursed. But hey, at least Darrell Evans is finally having a good season!

Analysis

Still rolling! Might want to give Kamm a try at third, though, he was the best defensive third baseman of his era.

Analysis

Oranges go up, Oranges go down.

Analysis

I wonder how well the Bangers would do if they actually played their best lineup.

Analysis

Told you they had a good run in them.

Analysis

The disaster continues!

Analysis

Denny Rainwater is the end of your team.

Analysis

Can the Bulldogs hold on? Also, how come TKBomber's rotations are always so effective.

Analysis

Not happening.

Analysis

Well, think on the bright side. You have a great opportunity to win the unified European and United States titles next week.

Analysis

Roberto Hernandez is just not working out.

Analysis

It's funny the one team that doesn't really care about survival is currently safe from the Gauntlet.

Analysis

I think it's time to call a shareholder meeting to try and make sense of this mess.

Standings and Leaders

Playoff/Gauntlet Picture

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

So Smasher, is Hafey a defensive hole in CF? Given my choices here in what's left of my starting rotation, I think I'll have to swap out Niekro for Zambrano as much as it pains me.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Slowly dropping out of the safe zone. This upcoming month of games probably isn't going to help.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:suicide:
New rotation:
Pedro
Roger
Joba
Coveleski

Santana, sadly, to AAA for right now.

Pujols back to 1B, and Mathews in to take Staub's spot in the lineup & Pujols' former home at 3B defensively.

Whatever slider controls keeping your starters in the game, knock it a notch toward ":derp:BALL ONE GET ME A RELIEVER:derp:"

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
EC Update!

All the preparation is complete. The first month of the Expansion Cup will be simmed tomorrow, and The_Goog will be presenting the results as soon as possible. Good Luck to all the owners!

Oh yeah, for the Cells in the SL: Put Griffey in for Mantle and pray his legs don't snap from old age.

cbx fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 24, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Updating Script, 20 man teams edition

:siren: Note: To use, set your screen resolution to 1366 x 768 :siren:

A) Captures Overview, Pitching and Lineup screens for all teams in the league

B) Feeds all the images into Rightload so they can be uploaded to Lpix, enabling one click uploading

C) When you've finished uploading it lets you copy a skeleton post for use on SA.

Installation Instructions

Install AutohotKey from here: http://www.autohotkey.com/
Install IRFanView from here: http://www.irfanview.com/
Install Rightload from here: http://rightload.org/
Install the Lpix Plugin for Rightload from here: http://lpix.org/rightload_v1.4.2.rar

Put the banners in here: c:\SuperLeagueBannersDiv1\ named like TEAM1-ABANNER TEAM2-ABANNER etc the TEAM#-A bit is the important bit, it could be Team10-Amasthead as long as the TEAM#-A is intact.

You'll have to configure rightload on your own, but it's pretty simple. The script expects all programs to be installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ but that's no big thing to fix if you do something else.

:siren: In Irfanview, go

Options -> Capture/Screenshot which will pop up a new menu, on the right side untick the box 'capture mouse cursor'

Go here and get a copy of the script http://pastebin.com/pUumiHzZ

Create a file on your computer where ever you'd like called Whateveryouwant.ahk

Note: The script will save each update to C:\SuperLeagueUpdateDiv1 and overwrite any files there. BACK UP EACH UPDATE! DO NOT BLAME ME WHEN YOU DON'T AND THE SCRIPT DELETES IT. I WARNED YOU.

Usage Instructions

To use:

Open Baseball Mogul 2013.
Select the top left team on the team select menu
Close as many windows as possible!
Particularly your web browser.
Make sure rightload is closed to
Run the script
While the script is running DO NOT touch your mouse.
When the script has finished running, rightload will popup.
Use the plugin configuration menu to chose a new gallery to upload to.
Press the upload button and go make a cup of coffee
When that's done, press the copy to clipboard button

At the end, you'll have a complete post with all the images in it on your clipboard. Paste this into an SA forum window, your text, and you're done.

Grab me on IRC to discuss, troubleshot and generally debug. I am sure there will be problems. I can also work on adding some features or whatever to help your workload.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Bearers

We are spiraling right down to disaster given our current course. I propose we put Schilling back in for Welch given that Schilling at least got us some wins as opposed to Welch who has lost every single game so far.

In Addition we may have to let Simmons and Hack rest as they will break down otherwise and make a miserable situation worse. However we do not have a good replacement therefore I would ask one of the more proficient owners to choose players that can at least for a week play those positions.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

I still demand my rightful best of 7 match against Oneida.

Your Intercontinental Champion's lineup changes for the week:
Cliff Floyd (RF)
Carlos Beltran (CF)
David Wright/Todd Helton (1B Platoon)
Hank Aaron (LF)
Eddie Mathews(3B)
Jose Reyes (SS)
Del Crandall (C) (Once Piazza is feeling better, he is personal catcher for Hunter, Martinez, and Faber)
Jeff Kent(2B) (Once Vidro is feeling better, Platoon them)
[Pitcher Slot]

Your Intercontinental Champion's new pitching lineup:
Pedro Martinez
Dizzy Dean
Catfish Hunter
Whitey Ford
Red Faber
CL: Dennis Eckersley
SU: John Franco
Short: Brian Fuentes
Short: David Cone
Mid: Heath Bell
Mid: Harry Krause
Long: Juan Pizarro

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

CVE posted:

Bearers

We are spiraling right down to disaster given our current course. I propose we put Schilling back in for Welch given that Schilling at least got us some wins as opposed to Welch who has lost every single game so far.

In Addition we may have to let Simmons and Hack rest as they will break down otherwise and make a miserable situation worse. However we do not have a good replacement therefore I would ask one of the more proficient owners to choose players that can at least for a week play those positions.
I'll approve firing Welch into the sun. Our only real choice to rest Simmons would be to break up the RF platoon and play both Bonds and Cavaretta full-time for the week (Bonds in LF, Cavaretta in RF). As far as Hack is concerned...uh, I guess I have a young Eddie Mathews in the Generics' minors the team can buy? We literally have no depth in that position :stare:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The sun looks like an orange, so the Oranges accept the arrival of Welch after the Bearers fire him into the sun our logo.

What I'm saying is I want the Bearers' Biggio and my Eddie Mathews is better than the Generics one and they should trade with me.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

I have no idea how that week managed to move the team forward a Gauntlet round, but I'll take it.

Put Ordonez back in full-time at RF. As soon as Wood is back, bring him up, sending down Gamble, and rearrange the pitching as follows:

SP1 Maddux
SP2 Wood
SP3 Glavine
SP4 Jenkins
SP5 Vance

CL Smoltz
SU Stanton
SR Foulke
SR Wohlers
MR Howry
MR Kern
LR Lyle

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

oldskool posted:

The sun looks like an orange, so the Oranges accept the arrival of Welch after the Bearers fire him into the sun our logo.

What I'm saying is I want the Bearers' Biggio and my Eddie Mathews is better than the Generics one and they should trade with me.
I'd rather keep Hack playing at 3B until he falls apart than to part with Biggio, so that's a pre-emptive negative vote on such a trade. Also, our player contracts stipulate that the team retains any and all residual molecular gasses and other remnants in the event the player is to be discharged from the roster when Designated For Solar Assignment.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

kw0134 posted:

Also, our player contracts stipulate that the team retains any and all residual molecular gasses and other remnants in the event the player is to be discharged from the roster when Designated For Solar Assignment.

Oh, pish-posh. We'll have to settle this the old-fashioned way.
Over the next two weeks the Oranges & Bearers play each other 6 times.
Oranges win 4+, we get your Welch.
Bearers win 4+, you get our Welch.
3-3 tie, both Welches fired into the sun.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

oldskool posted:

Oh, pish-posh. We'll have to settle this the old-fashioned way.
Over the next two weeks the Oranges & Bearers play each other 6 times.
Oranges win 4+, we get your Welch.
Bearers win 4+, you get our Welch.
3-3 tie, both Welches fired into the sun.

We are currently not in the shape to deal with things that way. Maybe if we get a Rocky montage coupled with Smasher raising the rating of every single player of ours by 5 points, would make us consider :cheeky:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

CVE posted:

We are currently not in the shape to deal with things that way. Maybe if we get a Rocky montage coupled with Smasher raising the rating of every single player of ours by 5 points, would make us consider :cheeky:

Oranges will accept the +5 condition under terms that the Oranges receive a proper Rocky villain montage.
Oranges also willing to concede a 3-3 tie into both teams just keeping their ineffective Welches in the minor leagues instead of spending millions in aeronautical research to fire them into the sun.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I propose, 3-3 tie, both Bob Welches are sent to Vice City. At this point it's probably a worse fate for them than being shot into the sun. Though, with the way my offense has been this season, two pitchers are probably somehow an offensive upgrade.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Updating Script, 20 man teams edition

:siren: Note: To use, set your screen resolution to 1366 x 768 :siren:

A) Captures Overview, Pitching and Lineup screens for all teams in the league

B) Feeds all the images into Rightload so they can be uploaded to Lpix, enabling one click uploading

C) When you've finished uploading it lets you copy a skeleton post for use on SA.

Installation Instructions

Install AutohotKey from here: http://www.autohotkey.com/
Install IRFanView from here: http://www.irfanview.com/
Install Rightload from here: http://rightload.org/
Install the Lpix Plugin for Rightload from here: http://lpix.org/rightload_v1.4.2.rar

Put the banners in here: c:\SuperLeagueBannersDiv1\ named like TEAM1-ABANNER TEAM2-ABANNER etc the TEAM#-A bit is the important bit, it could be Team10-Amasthead as long as the TEAM#-A is intact.

You'll have to configure rightload on your own, but it's pretty simple. The script expects all programs to be installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ but that's no big thing to fix if you do something else.

:siren: In Irfanview, go

Options -> Capture/Screenshot which will pop up a new menu, on the right side untick the box 'capture mouse cursor'

Go here and get a copy of the script http://pastebin.com/pUumiHzZ

Create a file on your computer where ever you'd like called Whateveryouwant.ahk

Note: The script will save each update to C:\SuperLeagueUpdateDiv1 and overwrite any files there. BACK UP EACH UPDATE! DO NOT BLAME ME WHEN YOU DON'T AND THE SCRIPT DELETES IT. I WARNED YOU.

Usage Instructions

To use:

Open Baseball Mogul 2013.
Select the top left team on the team select menu
Close as many windows as possible!
Particularly your web browser.
Make sure rightload is closed to
Run the script
While the script is running DO NOT touch your mouse.
When the script has finished running, rightload will popup.
Use the plugin configuration menu to chose a new gallery to upload to.
Press the upload button and go make a cup of coffee
When that's done, press the copy to clipboard button

At the end, you'll have a complete post with all the images in it on your clipboard. Paste this into an SA forum window, your text, and you're done.

Grab me on IRC to discuss, troubleshot and generally debug. I am sure there will be problems. I can also work on adding some features or whatever to help your workload.

Can you change that to 1440x900? Also, I just need the program to take the screenshots. I don't need anything past that, as I'll be zipping the screenshots and sending them to The_Goog to write up and post.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

Those are some impressive defensive stats, Mr. Williams. Polanco back to short, rest Edmonds with Averill in center.

kw0134 posted:

I'll approve firing Welch into the sun. Our only real choice to rest Simmons would be to break up the RF platoon and play both Bonds and Cavaretta full-time for the week (Bonds in LF, Cavaretta in RF).

Yeah, put Schilling back in for Welch. I blame the Oranges' Welcher for giving Smasher hope he'd not be hideously bad. Cavaretta to left, Bonds to right alone for the week is totally do-able. We could also use Mays or Murphy, but they seem to have caught some rapid aging disease. Also, Cronin can play third briefly; he started a bit there late in his career, that's why we drafted him specifically.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Viscount Slim posted:

Yeah, put Schilling back in for Welch. I blame the Oranges' Welcher for giving Smasher hope he'd not be hideously bad. Cavaretta to left, Bonds to right alone for the week is totally do-able. We could also use Mays or Murphy, but they seem to have caught some rapid aging disease. Also, Cronin can play third briefly; he started a bit there late in his career, that's why we drafted him specifically.
I suggested the other way around for Bonds/Cavaretta, so if that's a deliberate decision then I'll swap my suggestion around and vote for that if there's a particular reason for it.

Otherwise at the least I'll approve of moving Cronin to 3B for a week.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Alas. Well, send Vladdy down, call Berkman back up. So, Mogul apparently thinks Ted Williams would be fine in right, and who am I to argue? Shift Teddy to right, Bonds into left. While I'm being whimsical on defense, mix Giambi into a third base platoon. Oh, and Big Hurt should be hitting against lefties. I'll put him in full-time soon, I promise.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

kw0134 posted:

I suggested the other way around for Bonds/Cavaretta, so if that's a deliberate decision then I'll swap my suggestion around and vote for that if there's a particular reason for it.

Otherwise at the least I'll approve of moving Cronin to 3B for a week.

It seems to me Bonds is a natural right fielder, while Cavaretta is more of a utility player in this context. Many more games played in left.

Oh, and I forgot, bring Porter back up, send down Sandy Alomar, and resume the Porter Fiske Platoon. "Cornfields."

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

We swept the week! Hooray! Our closer's broken and we have no replacement! Boo!

I guess Jeff Brantley moves to closer, Wilhelm to the DL, and Andy Pettitte bumps Boomer Wells into Brantley's spot in SR.

How would Don Baylor's defense be in right? I should really be using Rickey.

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

Well, Professor Ron Minkowski, we at the Postmodernists reject the concept of divine nature, so we of all teams can benefit from the Rainwater. Don't come at me with your primitive belief structures, bro.

DL Bonds. I have no one worth calling up. Wow. I guess bring up Dickey, my pitchers don't really need another middle reliever. Start Sliding Billy.

Also, we are selling injured Barrold L. Bonds cheep.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Viscount Slim posted:

It seems to me Bonds is a natural right fielder, while Cavaretta is more of a utility player in this context. Many more games played in left.
Then the Bearers will also get a vote to play Bonds in RF and Cavaretta in LF for a full week.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Dynamo League Week 16 Injury Report

We have a new unified European and United States Champion!

Florida Oranges
Taffy Wright (RF) (Pulled Salt-water) - 30 days

Polyarny Postmodernists
Waite Hoyt (SP) (Followed Denny Rainwater's suggestion to beat bad games out of hand with baseball bat) - 12 days
John Tudor (SP) (Drank special 'pitching juice' developed by Denny Rainwater) - Out for season

Rockford Losers
John Wetteland (RP) (An expendable loss) - 31 days

e: And the Bearers' owners finally pay attention to their team...to debate the alignment of corner outfielders. Of course.

Bonds should be in right, Cavvy in left.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NotThatSamBeckett posted:

If you're looking for an outfielder, I can offer you '95 Bernie Williams for Barrold.

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

mks5000 posted:

If you're looking for an outfielder, I can offer you '95 Bernie Williams for Barrold.

In fact, an outfielder is the last of my needs. Something tells me...

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Polyarny Postmodernists
Waite Hoyt (SP) (Followed Denny Rainwater's suggestion to beat bad games out of hand with baseball bat) - 12 days
John Tudor (SP) (Drank special 'pitching juice' developed by Denny Rainwater) - Out for season

...that I need pitching.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

kw0134 posted:

Then the Bearers will also get a vote to play Bonds in RF and Cavaretta in LF for a full week.

Approved

Smasher Dynamo posted:

And the Bearers' owners finally pay attention to their team...to debate the alignment of corner outfielders. Of course.

We live to defy your expectations. Just not in a good way it seems.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Which Bonds, and how cheap?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Wasn't Taffy Wright already injured?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Polyarny, because I respect you, I can provide you with Red Faber or Catfish Hunter, who I got from the draft and Challenges respectively, for Bonds.
I'd offer more, but he is but a baby.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Polyarny, I'll give you '78 Luis Tiant and '84 Brett Butler for Bonds. Or, if you want more pitching, tell me and we can figure something out.

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 24, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

I have a deadball era knuckleballer named Ed Summers that could work out well in exchange for Baby Barrold.

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

Mornacale posted:

Which Bonds, and how cheap?

Rookie '86 Bonds. He'll develop fast, though, and you can play him in center field. The patience is there - no one hits for power in my park, though, because it is huge and open in Arctic Russia.

I guess I need "better than Rick Reuschel," which is not a terribly high bar, but he's worth more than Ed Summers. tatankatonk, I don't need any outfielders, and the ephemeral Buddy Bell isn't for me, either. Senerio, Red Faber and something else would be competitive, but you know he's out for the year, yes?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Rookie '86 Bonds. He'll develop fast, though, and you can play him in center field. The patience is there - no one hits for power in my park, though, because it is huge and open in Arctic Russia.

I guess I need "better than Rick Reuschel," which is not a terribly high bar, but he's worth more than Ed Summers. tatankatonk, I don't need any outfielders, and the ephemeral Buddy Bell isn't for me, either. Senerio, Red Faber and something else would be competitive, but you know he's out for the year, yes?

'87 Tiant and '84 Rick Sutcliffe? It's his Cy Young year :haw: If that's not enough, just look over my roster and tell me what you'd want.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Senerio, Red Faber and something else would be competitive, but you know he's out for the year, yes?

Out for the season was part of the reason that I was a bit low, but I can throw in 1912 Harry Krause who is a deadball starting pitcher with one of the better ERAs on my team.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Feel free to look through my feeders: 1932 Reds, 1964 Orioles, 1968 Tigers, 1990 Twins, 2004 Pirates.

The list of (sometimes semi-)notable SPs who I can part with easily is: '64 Steve Barber, '64 Robin Roberts, '68 Jim Rooker, '90 Kevin Tapani, '90 Scott Erickson, and of course '04 Oliver Perez. Then of course there are the guys on my current roster, who are obviously a little dearer (well, except the two that are just random shots in the dark). But I would definitely listen.

Also, young Bonds would make my 1993 Lenny Dykstra--and perhaps even my 1990 Kirby Puckett--expendable, if you want to get an OF back as part of the package.

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 24, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

cbx posted:

Can you change that to 1440x900? Also, I just need the program to take the screenshots. I don't need anything past that, as I'll be zipping the screenshots and sending them to The_Goog to write up and post.

Not easily sorry, just turn the screen res down before you run the script and back up afterwards. Fixing it to run at yur native res is ~4 hours of work and I'm busy atm.

Also I recommend just uploading it to LPix and sending the_goog the preformatted post. This will save you both some hassle.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Would you be interested in Wilbur Cooper? Another lefty to add to your pile. I have some other pieces, both deadball and modern, but they're frankly a noticeable drop in ability.