Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I admit that the first time I got completely wasted, I had a similarly embarrassing bout of philosophy. It amuses me greatly that Rose went that path. The stuff she said about symbols holding the power will probably mean something important in the long run.

Also:

Color Printer posted:

Also that last panel jesus christ rose :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I think Dave said it best: (SMH)

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!
This is just the best. :allears:

I hope Kanaya is nice enough to help Rose settle down and just set the date for another night.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Rose you are not a very good Seer of Light!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Also enjoyed Hussie continuing the fine tradition of characters pointing out stuff that's been bugging the audience by having Dave call Rose out about being all ambiguous and facade-y about dating Kanaya.

And of course all her tiptoeing around the issue gets thrown out the window when she goes "oooooh nooooo our daaaaate!" Which is hilarious.

Edit: Hell it's hilarious enough to warrant just posting straight into the thread, you know you want to see this face again:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

SMH is 'smack my head', I'm guessing? I am apparently not up on the coolkid lingo.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I hope Kanaya gets drunk along with Rose. That's the only way this could get any better.

e: ^^^^^^ SMH=shake my head

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rose Lalonde is: The Lightweight of Light.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Wrist Watch posted:

I hope Kanaya gets drunk along with Rose. That's the only way this could get any better.

e: ^^^^^^ SMH=shake my head

Does alcohol even work on trolls? The world may never know!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rose Lalonde, Drunk Homosexual.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Rose has already gone grimdark. I think she can polish off of a demon in a bottle.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Fucknag posted:

Does alcohol even work on trolls? The world may never know!

Well they know of soporific substances so...maybe?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Bell_ posted:

Rose has already gone grimdark. I think she can polish off of a demon in a bottle.

It looks like she's already polished off several.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Whew, thank god. For a second there it looked like one of our heroes of light wasn't going to be totally socially incompetent. Bullet dodged.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Drunk Rose reminds me way too much of Drunk Me.
As much as Hussie loves killing characters/relationships, I feel like KanayaxRose is the one most likely to last, though.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Dear lord. I come in here, see news of update, and amazing faces.

Each successive face did not disappoint. Holy poop on a dingle.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

snucks posted:

Drunk Rose reminds me way too much of Drunk Me.
As much as Hussie loves killing characters/relationships, I feel like KanayaxRose is the one most likely to last, though.

I dunno, Kanaya might interpret this as yet another person with Issues to avoid looking after or intervening for.

Or maybe they'll just be drunk lesbians together. A girl can dream.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Close it down boys and girls, we've reached peak face.

I'm surprised Rose is all nervous as hell, you'd think being a seer she could just notice if her date will go well or not. And how many of us wouldn't kill for that power?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

RedMagus posted:

Close it down boys and girls, we've reached peak face.

I'm surprised Rose is all nervous as hell, you'd think being a seer she could just notice if her date will go well or not. And how many of us wouldn't kill for that power?

Maybe she's drinking because she saw her date was going to be a disaster, thus causing the date to be a disaster in a self-fulfilling prophecy? :tinfoil:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

President Ark posted:

Maybe she's drinking because she saw her date was going to be a disaster, thus causing the date to be a disaster in a self-fulfilling prophecy? :tinfoil:

You don't need to be a Seer to pull that one off, that's for sure.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
I wish I could sound half that coherent while drunk. I try to expound on great ideas but no one ever listens to me. :(

Also noooooo Kanaya you don't really mind, right? You can just drink together and still have your date, right?? :ohdear:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

President Ark posted:

I've seen it happen often enough that I'm guessing this is it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Bobulus posted:

The stuff she said about symbols holding the power will probably mean something important in the long run.
Well, recall how John entered the Medium.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Rose Spirit posted:

Also noooooo Kanaya you don't really mind, right? You can just drink together and still have your date, right?? :ohdear:

Ever been stood up at a date? It sucks.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Ever been stood up at a date? It sucks.

Especially when you end up waiting "For A Couple Hours."

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Bongo Bill posted:

Especially when you end up waiting "For A Couple Hours."

For being left waiting for no less than two hours Kanaya seems remarkably calm about it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CidGregor posted:

For being left waiting for no less than two hours Kanaya seems remarkably calm about it.

Kanaya is remarkably calm about pretty much everything. She's only wigged out twice in the whole comic, both times for good reasons.

Seeing Rose's composure go down in flames like this is bound to make an impression on her.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
So this is the first thing I thought of when I saw the last panel and well I dunno I was compelled to make it and now I feel sorta unsettled.

And for what it's worth the reverse isn't much better.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

CidGregor posted:

It takes nothing less than murder for Kanaya to become visibly agitated, but the real tell is that she left a sentence unfinished.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

loquacius posted:

Uh oh. Guys, I am worried. What if Rose and Kanaya's date hasn't happened yet and that's why Rose is dressed up all fancy, like in preparation, and she just wanted to have a little drink to loosen up her nerves a bit but then that Lalonde blood kicked in and she got carried away :ohdear: Rose, don't screw up your date before it starts! You are trapped on a space meteor! You don't have that many options!

Oh goddammit. Being right sucks. :doh:

Rose. Learn from your mother. Roxy is a much higher-functioning alcoholic than you are. :colbert:

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
John, you're losing ground on the "Best Expressions in the Comic" front.
Don't let m down, John.
Don't screw me on this, man.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

This is really late but I figured someone would want it:

Oh yeah, avatars:

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 25, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wait a minute. Late October... has it really been a year since Cascade?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Yep!
The 'present' that the kids have to spend three years catching up to is already a year past.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yep. Been a good year :3:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Bobulus posted:

It has indeed. And by extension, two years since Past Karkat: Wake Up.

Tumblr is basically nothing but year-old reblogs right now. Nostalgia.

Oh, and it's also been eight months since Dante Basco started reading.

Walliard fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 25, 2012

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Exactly a year ago today Hussie brought Newgrounds to its knees.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
And to think, last October a lot of us thought that this entire three year journey thing would be done in April. You know, for 4/13.

But then, hahaha, turns out we got four new kids, twelve new trolls and two new freaky skull things (one actually) to meet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

JT Jag posted:

And to think, last October a lot of us thought that this entire three year journey thing would be done in April. You know, for 4/13.
There's always next 4/13. :toot: