Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
In the first case you can just drag that red thing over into the merged patch. In the second case you have to decide what the NPC should be named - Electro City wants to name him "Electro City Engineer" and whatever NVCE is wants to name him Powder Ganger. Just drag whatever you want over into the merged patch, or give him your very own name, like "Tim" if you want! In the third case, those same two mods are arguing about what his hair and face should look like. Whoever you want to win, drag it over into the merged patch.

edit: Really what I should be saying in all three of these cases is "you clearly don't understand how FNVEdit works, you need to read the merge guide again" but since this all started because it sounded too complicated to you, you might just be better off accepting whatever happens and being thankful that with your merged patch you've at least cut down on a lot of bugs and crashes that you would otherwise be experiencing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

TychoCelchuuu posted:

In the first case you can just drag that red thing over into the merged patch. In the second case you have to decide what the NPC should be named - Electro City wants to name him "Electro City Engineer" and whatever NVCE is wants to name him Powder Ganger. Just drag whatever you want over into the merged patch, or give him your very own name, like "Tim" if you want! In the third case, those same two mods are arguing about what his hair and face should look like. Whoever you want to win, drag it over into the merged patch.

edit: Really what I should be saying in all three of these cases is "you clearly don't understand how FNVEdit works, you need to read the merge guide again" but since this all started because it sounded too complicated to you, you might just be better off accepting whatever happens and being thankful that with your merged patch you've at least cut down on a lot of bugs and crashes that you would otherwise be experiencing.

I think the RobCo certified fix for MMWE is supposed to remove that robot exploding thing because it affects the robots you build too? I reckon I'll remove that reference instead of adding it to the merged patch, unless someone chimes in within 30 mins to tell me why I shouldn't do that.

For the second one I'll probably just make sure it's Powder Ganger, gently caress what Elctro-City wants to do, I got that mod for lights, not to change random NPC's.

I'll just randomly choose what he looks like too, I guess.

Yeah I probably shouldn't be messing about until I'm 100% sure on things, but if anything goes awry it shouldn't be a big deal to delete the merged patch and reinstall the mods. Every mod I have has been installed by FOMM package and is backed up, it would just be a matter of un-ticking things and ticking them again.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Don't remove the reference, just leave things alone. The merged past loads last and will override the robot explosion. Don't edit any mods except for the merged patch.

If he's named Powder Ganger you'll probably have an Electro City Engineer walking around doing Electro City Engineer stuff wearing Electro City Engineer clothes (although perhaps with Powder Ganger hair) and he won't be a Powder Ganger... but he will be named Powder Ganger.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Don't remove the reference, just leave things alone. The merged past loads last and will override the robot explosion. Don't edit any mods except for the merged patch.

If he's named Powder Ganger you'll probably have an Electro City Engineer walking around doing Electro City Engineer stuff wearing Electro City Engineer clothes (although perhaps with Powder Ganger hair) and he won't be a Powder Ganger... but he will be named Powder Ganger.

OK, I'll just leave everything as it is except changing the name from Powder Ganger to Electro-City Engineer. Should be good, I'll test the game out later and see how stable it is now with the merged patch.

EDIT: FFFFF- Still crashing, but on attempting to fast travel, and always to the same place. I tried turning off save on travel/rest/wait but that didn't help. Time to try something radical and fast travel somewhere nearby instead. I'm such a rebel. gently caress you Sink Balcony.

EDIT2: OK, make that any fast travelling now. Gonna have to hike unless someone knows what I can do. I'm gonna toggle archive invalidation and wait for 3 days because some random places on the internet say to do things like that with problems like this.

EDIT3: Yeah, I'm an idiot, booted up FOMM and Merged Patch.esp was unchecked. :ughh:

EDIT4: Problem persists regardless, guess I'm walkin' for now.

EDIT329: Using the FakeFullscreen mod seems to have fixed it for now.

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 25, 2012

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
What are some good mods? I only played halfway through the vanilla game, and I want extra cool stuff to do. So I got Mission Mojave for bugfixes, Project Nevada for other stuff, New Vegas Bounties I, and Freeside Open, and Nevada Skies. Are there any other good uncomplicated graphics or gameplay mods?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

UP AND ADAM posted:

What are some good mods? I only played halfway through the vanilla game, and I want extra cool stuff to do. So I got Mission Mojave for bugfixes, Project Nevada for other stuff, New Vegas Bounties I, and Freeside Open, and Nevada Skies. Are there any other good uncomplicated graphics or gameplay mods?

I don't do many straight up mods but Signature Armor seems to be a pretty neat trick so far, gives you way more armor choices.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

UP AND ADAM posted:

The OP has a list.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah, there's like a hundred listed there.

Signature Armor looks pretty cool. Thanks!

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

UP AND ADAM posted:

The Armoury is pretty sweet, it adds a gigabyte worth of guns to the game. I'm using an Accuracy International AWP for my signature weapon. Get Signature Weapons and Signature Armour too, as they're cool. You level up a gun (or armour) and add abilities to them as they level up. May as well get the armour compilation too, that's about half a gigabyte of various armours.

RobCo Certified is a fun mod as well. It allows you to repair robots and have some as your companions. You can also go the mad scientist route and create Lobotomites or cyborgs.

Basically anything in the OP is good, the OP is pretty much the recommended list for goons. There is some redundancy like the weather mods and WMX/WME so you'll have to make some decisions.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Xachariah posted:

The Armoury is pretty sweet, it adds a gigabyte worth of guns to the game. I'm using an Accuracy International AWP for my signature weapon. Get Signature Weapons and Signature Armour too, as they're cool. You level up a gun (or armour) and add abilities to them as they level up. May as well get the armour compilation too, that's about half a gigabyte of various armours.

A GB? Oh, no, no, no, good sir. That's super compressed. It's probably closer to 5 GB, including the latest WIP on top of the 2.5 release.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Naky posted:

A GB? Oh, no, no, no, good sir. That's super compressed. It's probably closer to 5 GB, including the latest WIP on top of the 2.5 release.

Haha, well, no wonder FOMM froze for 10 minutes while installing it. Thanks for the work you're doing in compiling it (and the people who've helped you). I love choice, and what gives you more choices than 5GB of weapons? :shepface:

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

UP AND ADAM posted:

If I remember correctly, goon consensus was that Mission Mojave caused far more bugs than it actually solved. New Vegas really isn't buggy enough to require an unofficial patch.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I second this, a tie-in with the King would be amazing.

Why would you make that and not the .45 Elvis gave Nixon?
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/01/14/guns-elvis-and-nixon/

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Ah, removing that fixed my crashing problem. Thanks!

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Is the armory still being worked on?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

King Doom posted:

Is the armory still being worked on?

Mostly thumbs up our asses waiting for Fallout 4 and possibly an animation hack for Skyrim that allows Guns

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
So does that mean there wont be anymore releases? Dammit, I wanted to use that giant beowulf sniper cannon thing I found on a legionary but the scope is just one big silver disc that fills the screen. Dissapointing.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Mostly thumbs up our asses waiting for Fallout 4 and possibly an animation hack for Skyrim that allows Guns

Would it be possible to add bows to New Vegas? I know of crossbow mods but they're not the same :(

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Capn Beeb posted:

Would it be possible to add bows to New Vegas? I know of crossbow mods but they're not the same :(

I always thought it was weird--given that there are bow animations in Oblivion, and Fo3 and NV are built on the same engine--that we haven't seen bow animations in either Fallout game.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

This is a terrible oversight, I want to roleplay as Jack Churchill.

Jack Churchill posted:

In May 1940 Churchill and his unit, the Manchester Regiment, ambushed a German patrol near L'Epinette, France. Churchill gave the signal to attack by cutting down the enemy Feldwebel (sergeant) with his barbed arrows, becoming the only British soldier known to have felled an enemy with a longbow.
:black101:

Also someone should mod in bagpipes too.

Jack Churchill posted:

In July 1943, as commanding officer, he led 2 Commando from their landing site at Catania in Sicily with his trademark Scottish broadsword slung around his waist, a longbow and arrows around his neck and his bagpipes under his arm.

And a broadsword. Is there one already? There might be.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I always thought it was weird--given that there are bow animations in Oblivion, and Fo3 and NV are built on the same engine--that we haven't seen bow animations in either Fallout game.

I've seen people try and recreate SPECIAL in a P&P format and there's always a vocal faction that wants the original skillets including First Aid and Gambling. I want a Missile Weapon skill that covers both throwing weapons and muscle-powered bows, slings, etc. Ranged options for a gun hating tribal and such like.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Captain Walker posted:

I've seen people try and recreate SPECIAL in a P&P format and there's always a vocal faction that wants the original skillets including First Aid and Gambling. I want a Missile Weapon skill that covers both throwing weapons and muscle-powered bows, slings, etc. Ranged options for a gun hating tribal and such like.

I actually thought that building and using bows, spears, and game traps would be nice options to throw in with the Survival skill and round it out a little. I'm probably in the minority, but I wouldn't mind things like having Gambling and First Aid back. Make things more complicated.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I actually thought that building and using bows, spears, and game traps would be nice options to throw in with the Survival skill and round it out a little. I'm probably in the minority, but I wouldn't mind things like having Gambling and First Aid back. Make things more complicated.
Oh no no no. 14 skills is plenty. Gambling is not useful and if you really want PC aptitude to factor into gambling (bluffing, etc.) add a CHA factor to the LCK check. Why is there no poker in this game??

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I like this idea.

I always thought survival should dictate (with luck) your chance of finding items.

I might make that mod some day if it doesn't exist and I remember.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
As a fan of both, the compressed skill set is much nicer. First Aid and doctor were nigh useless. Make Melee Weapons become something like Simple Weapons and be for your melee and non-guns/lasguns ranged needs. Throwing knives, bows, etc. It has some overlap with Explosives. And explosives can cover traps.

Gambling is rather limited though, unless you use a setting that gives you a wide variety of options for gambling to be used regularly. The most important part of it that you'd need to work on is allowing the players to cheat though. That's what Gambling as a skill needs the option for: cheating.

What is needed is riding/piloting/driving skill though.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

SpookyLizard posted:

As a fan of both, the compressed skill set is much nicer. First Aid and doctor were nigh useless. Make Melee Weapons become something like Simple Weapons and be for your melee and non-guns/lasguns ranged needs. Throwing knives, bows, etc. It has some overlap with Explosives. And explosives can cover traps.

Gambling is rather limited though, unless you use a setting that gives you a wide variety of options for gambling to be used regularly. The most important part of it that you'd need to work on is allowing the players to cheat though. That's what Gambling as a skill needs the option for: cheating.

What is needed is riding/piloting/driving skill though.

The problem I have with compressed skill sets is that, at the end of the day, a lot of builds end up looking almost identical, and the concept of making a character becomes illusory. By some sort of miracle, Skyrim compensated for a significant reduction in skills by creating perk trees that corresponded with the skills, and it was impossible to dominate every perk tree (or get anywhere near it.) FO3 and NV, on the other hand, have a lot of perks that are borderline useless, and do little to help build a compelling or novel character.

I don't think explosives should be the "trap" skill if the trap has nothing to do with explosives. However, there could be traps for both Explosives and Survival/Outdoorsman skills. Plus, you already have a Survival skill so there's no reason to reduce melee to "simple" weapons.

Captain Walker posted:

Oh no no no. 14 skills is plenty. Gambling is not useful and if you really want PC aptitude to factor into gambling (bluffing, etc.) add a CHA factor to the LCK check. Why is there no poker in this game??

The idea behind adding new skills is to make them useful. For example, you could add several games into "town" areas, with your success determined by a combination of player skill, Gambling, and luck. It would be infinitely better than the current model, where you just jack Luck up to 10 and get a 21 on every hand. Gambling could even be used as a sort of speech check, like being able to complete a mission by waging a bet in a game.

Like both of you have said, you could even implement a method for bluffing and cheating, and under certain circumstances, it could even be used as an alternate to speech.

EDIT: I must be the only person who thinks that the driving segments in most FPS games are complete garbage. I really hope that vehicles never make a strong presence in future Fallout games. :colbert:

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 25, 2012

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
In his unfinished RPG, rope kid always seemed to favor separating Speech into persuasion (diplomacy/intimidate) and deception (gambling/bluff). The only reason not to do this--and it's a big one--is that convincing everything to kill itself is a big part of fallout and you'd need to build away from combat with two social skills. Which could easily work, but not every chump would be able to do both :black101: and :smug:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The problem I have with compressed skill sets is that, at the end of the day, a lot of builds end up looking almost identical, and the concept of making a character becomes illusory. By some sort of miracle, Skyrim compensated for a significant reduction in skills by creating perk trees that corresponded with the skills, and it was impossible to dominate every perk tree (or get anywhere near it.) FO3 and NV, on the other hand, have a lot of perks that are borderline useless, and do little to help build a compelling or novel character.

I don't think explosives should be the "trap" skill if the trap has nothing to do with explosives. However, there could be traps for both Explosives and Survival/Outdoorsman skills. Plus, you already have a Survival skill so there's no reason to reduce melee to "simple" weapons.

The idea behind adding new skills is to make them useful. For example, you could add several games into "town" areas, with your success determined by a combination of player skill, Gambling, and luck. It would be infinitely better than the current model, where you just jack Luck up to 10 and get a 21 on every hand. Gambling could even be used as a sort of speech check, like being able to complete a mission by waging a bet in a game.

Like both of you have said, you could even implement a method for bluffing and cheating, and under certain circumstances, it could even be used as an alternate to speech.

EDIT: I must be the only person who thinks that the driving segments in most FPS games are complete garbage. I really hope that vehicles never make a strong presence in future Fallout games. :colbert:

All of these ideas are pretty much wonderful. I also like the idea of survival being tied to something other than useless cooking. Even on hardcore with jsawyer.esp, you honestly only need to get survival high enough to make gecko steaks (25? 30?) and you have enough food to last you the entire rest of the game. I always had more gecko steaks.

Captain Walker posted:

In his unfinished RPG, rope kid always seemed to favor separating Speech into persuasion (diplomacy/intimidate) and deception (gambling/bluff). The only reason not to do this--and it's a big one--is that convincing everything to kill itself is a big part of fallout and you'd need to build away from combat with two social skills. Which could easily work, but not every chump would be able to do both :black101: and :smug:

Personally I like it when RPGs have only one speech related skill. This is because I will be maxing out whatever speech related skills there are. I really enjoy speech/skill checks for some reason. Everyone was super excited when NV first came out because there was a sneak check in Goodsprings, but after that I think it was pretty standard stuff. Having your build be acknowledged by others is awesome I think. I also liked the little touch of having your dialogue be different if you have enough skill to pass the check.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 25, 2012

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

King Doom posted:

So does that mean there wont be anymore releases? Dammit, I wanted to use that giant beowulf sniper cannon thing I found on a legionary but the scope is just one big silver disc that fills the screen. Dissapointing.

If you can find out which gun it is exactly, I'll fix it and put it in the next WIP that will be the last content adding WIP. After that its balancing and fine tuning.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Walker posted:

That would certainly be interesting.

I feel like we had Morrowind, which, when held against its sequels, was generally more complicated and antiquated RPG. Then we got Oblivion, which was Bethesda trying to streamline and rework the whole mess. However, to me, Oblivion felt like it was awkwardly straddling two different generations of RPG and ended up possessing the weaker qualities of both. Then Bethesda went back and streamlined the system some more and refined it with Skyrim, which was a marked improvement on the series. They seemed to find a good balance between the two systems.

Fallout 1/2 feel like Morrowind (I know Bethesda didn't make them, but for the sake argument) with Fallout 3 being more of an Oblivion. New Vegas changed things a bit, but it was limited in what it could do with the tools it was given. With that in mind, I'm actually really curious to see how Bethesda does Fallout 4, because there were a lot of things about Fallout 3/NV's system that weren't particularly great.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

EDIT: Quote is not edit.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm actually really curious to see how Bethesda does Fallout 4, because there were a lot of things about Fallout 3/NV's system that weren't particularly great.

It's going to be as soulless as Skyrim, with the usual terrible writing and bland linear story. That or another lovely MMO cash grab.

Really nothing to be hopeful about unless Obsidian was contracted again, which of course won't happen after metacritic-gate.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Honestly I'm excited for the potential of dual wielding and maybe motorcycles/cars, even if the latter was post-launch DLC which would be a smart move financially. More time to polish it, and rekindle Internet interest in FO4 if only by invoking ire.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Fallout 1/2 feel like Morrowind (I know Bethesda didn't make them, but for the sake argument) with Fallout 3 being more of an Oblivion. New Vegas changed things a bit, but it was limited in what it could do with the tools it was given. With that in mind, I'm actually really curious to see how Bethesda does Fallout 4, because there were a lot of things about Fallout 3/NV's system that weren't particularly great.

Not to mention the transition from top down isometric RPG to first person psuedo RPG shooter - some of the older game mechanics just don't translate to the new game.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Space Pussy posted:

It's going to be as soulless as Skyrim, with the usual terrible writing and bland linear story. That or another lovely MMO cash grab.

Really nothing to be hopeful about unless Obsidian was contracted again, which of course won't happen after metacritic-gate.

Oh, I have no doubt that it will be shallow and soulless. I'm more interested in how it will work, mechanically.

Gyshall posted:

Not to mention the transition from top down isometric RPG to first person psuedo RPG shooter - some of the older game mechanics just don't translate to the new game.

Exactly. I didn't like FO3 very much but I don't doubt that it was difficult to make the transition from isometric RPG to FPSRPG. I imagine it's something of a lesson for what should and shouldn't be done with the sequel.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, they need to raise the skill cap, and make the higher ranks of skills more expensive. The way it worked in fallout 1/2 was great. The main problem is that in what is ostensibly a singelplayer game, you're pretty much always obligated to taking certain skills so you can get by. You're always somewhat limited in what you can take because you've always pretty much got to take certain things to get by in the universe.

quote:

Yeah, I didn't mean all traps, just explosive traps. The system for skill checks they wanted for Van Buren would be rad here. It'd be a static check, like NV, but instead of a single skill, you'd have a much higher check, but check multiple skills or the same skill multiple times. Disabling some explosive trap might require 300 points, but it'd check Explosives, Repair, and Survival. I wouldn't put 'simple' weapons in survival (certainly making them though, with a bit of repair), simply because when I say 'simple' weapons, I mean poo poo you smack, stab, slash, or smash with. But this way you could also include it to count thrown weapons, slings, slingshots, bows, etc.

quote:

I think that the gambling skill after a certain point becomes entirely about bluffing and cheating. Otherwise you're just jacking it up like you do with luck now. Alternatively, having gambling related perks tied to luck, agility, and intelligence that would allow you to cheat and do various other things.

Of course, the persuade/deception split is one I'd actually enjoy, especially if you then merge deception to gambling, cause that would be rad.

quote:

See, i wouldn't make actually driving/riding around necessary (unless it was rad as gently caress ala Red Dead Redemption), but having the player's riding/piloting skill also cover knowledge specific to handling/using vehicles, and having a fast travel system to cars and having the player skill level reduce travel time and or avoid ambushes/random encounters.

Of course, I'm also half speaking towards a new game and half speaking towards a pnp game, so my ideas get somewhat unrestrained.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Naky posted:

If you can find out which gun it is exactly, I'll fix it and put it in the next WIP that will be the last content adding WIP. After that its balancing and fine tuning.

The scope on the Colt AR-15 Beowulf is just a silver disc you can't actually see through if you try to aim the gun.

I went through all of the guns I'd collected during a full NCR run plus all four DLC and looked for issues, a few of them had weird magazine placements with the magazines sticking out of the tip of the barrel till you reload. The AMT Automag III, the FN Five-seveN, the Femaru 37, the M3A1 Takao T20 lazer pistol, Tokarev TT 30, Walther P99 and the vz48b were the ones I spotted and the Brugger+ Thomet MP9 has a weirdly placed trigger, it's miles ahead of the characters finger and the foregrip is sorta hovering, it doesn't touch the guns body.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
For whatever reason whenever I equip the KAC SR25 my game just crashes. Textures and Meshes are in the right place, everything's pointing to everything else correctly.

Ugh this game sometimes.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

King Doom posted:

The scope on the Colt AR-15 Beowulf is just a silver disc you can't actually see through if you try to aim the gun.

I went through all of the guns I'd collected during a full NCR run plus all four DLC and looked for issues, a few of them had weird magazine placements with the magazines sticking out of the tip of the barrel till you reload. The AMT Automag III, the FN Five-seveN, the Femaru 37, the M3A1 Takao T20 lazer pistol, Tokarev TT 30, Walther P99 and the vz48b were the ones I spotted and the Brugger+ Thomet MP9 has a weirdly placed trigger, it's miles ahead of the characters finger and the foregrip is sorta hovering, it doesn't touch the guns body.

Magazines sticking out of the barrel until you reload is an animation glitch that even stock weapons suffer from. Unless it's reproduceable every time you pick it up after loading a new save game kind of thing, it's just that glitch rearing its ugly unfixable head.

I'll still take a look at them though.

I'll take a look at the KAC too, there are certain things in the nif files that can cause game crashes and while I'm generally really careful to make sure those things aren't present, they sneak in from time to time.

edit: also, if any of you who are have problems with a specific gun that you'd like us to look into, it'd be helpful to us if you swung by our IRC channel so I can give you a potential fix and see if it resolves the issue. Not everything is reproduceable for us so it makes it tough to squash bugs. We hang at #thearmory on irc.synirc.net

Naky fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Naky posted:

Magazines sticking out of the barrel until you reload is an animation glitch that even stock weapons suffer from. Unless it's reproduceable every time you pick it up after loading a new save game kind of thing, it's just that glitch rearing its ugly unfixable head.

I'll still take a look at them though.

I'll take a look at the KAC too, there are certain things in the nif files that can cause game crashes and while I'm generally really careful to make sure those things aren't present, they sneak in from time to time.

Awesome thanks. Going through right now seeing if it's a conflict. So far the SR25 and the SR47 have caused immediate crashes so I'm leaning towards it's something with my set up. I'll keep messing around and let you know.

Also while we're on it. The M16A4(?) isn't automatic. Just a small issue but it's annoying because it looks great with all the mods on it, but it's absolute crap since it'll only fire one shot at a time.

EDIT: Hmmm, went to a basic load with nothing but the Armor and my UI mods and those two are still crashing the game. I'll try the other KAC weapons and see what happens.

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 26, 2012