Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_de_Toulouse-Lautrec#Disability_and_health_problems

well i never knew this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Wikipedia posted:

He is reported to have had hypertrophied genitals.

Wikipedia posted:

Hypertrophy (from Greek ὑπέρ "excess" + τροφή "nourishment") is the increase in the volume of an organ or tissue due to the enlargement of its component cells.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

claiming a giant dick as a health problem? clever

Wikipedia posted:

Physically unable to participate in many activities typically enjoyed by men of his age
drat

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_immortality

quote:

Though some scientists state[9] that radical life extension and delaying or stopping aging are achievable, there are still no international or national programs focused on stopping aging or on radical life extension. There are political forces advocating for and against immortality. In 2012 in Russia, and then in the United States, Israel, and the Netherlands, the pro-immortality "longevity" political parties were launched. They aim to provide political support to anti-aging and radical life extension research and technologies and want to ensure the fastest possible—and at the same time, as least disruptive as possible—societal transition to radical life extension, life without aging, and ultimately, immortality. They aim to make it possible to provide access to such technologies to the majority of people alive today.[10]
According to a poll by the Levada Center, 9% of Russians want to live forever.[11]

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
is immortality serum covered under my medical insurance?

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

prefect posted:

How did anyone manage to kill one of those things so you could eat it? They're all-seeing, all-terrain murder machines. :ohdear:

IIRC they are actually kinda dumb

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
yo can we genetically engineer some crows so that they have hyperintelligence and teach them all about aristotle and euclid and poe and poo poo

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011
probably a bad idea to teach birds about poe or hitchcock imho

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

halt all research on this at least until the last boomer is dead

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sweevo posted:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mondrian posted:

what're they left with, disney?

you tryin' to keep the black birds down?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Sweevo posted:

this but also all MBAs educated with fygm philosophy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

802.11weed posted:

IIRC they are actually kinda dumb

yeah nothing said they were particularly smart, just extremely resourceful and with amazing natural abilities. basically if they were the size of a human they would be the xenomorphs from alien

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
everyone knows the coolest animal in the ocean is the mimic octopus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-LTWFnGmeg

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Sweevo posted:

no keep doing it but make the "immortality treatment" actually a deadly poison

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

everyone knows the coolest animal in the ocean is the mimic octopus

yeah these are pretty much the raddest

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
No jellyfish are. They's like amoebas but big

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

got dat wmd posted:

No jellyfish are. They's like amoebas but big

oh is this how you justify yourself?

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
huh

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

i lived in china for a while and once we went to this cantonese place and the big deal was that they were serving squilla that day. some kind of mini lobster looking thing, or a big crayfish. it tasted pretty decent but i had never heard of a squilla so i looked it up that night and it turned out it was a mantis shrimp. mantis shrimp

- have the most complex eye in the entire animal kingdom, which has 10,000 sub facets and 16 different types of photoreceptor (humans have 2) and so can see infrared, ultraviolet, polarization of light and various colors that don't exist for humans, in a nearly 360 degree field
- incidentally its eyeball polarization filters are more efficient than anything humans have been able to manufacture, and function over a far wider bandwidth
- have claws that they can attack with so hard (10,000g acceleration) that it induces sonoluminescent cavitation in the water, causing dissolved oxygen to come out of solution in a microbubble which then collapses, generating temperatures of 7,000 degrees and a burst of light. they use this to stun nearby fish and crack aquarium glass to escape from captivity
- and then there's the damage they can cause with the razor sharp claw itself, which they have been observed swinging at passing fish, slicing them cleanly in half with one blow
- they also mate for life, which can be 20 or 30 years, and the husband and wife will take turns taking care of a clutch of eggs and defending the babies from other sea critters
- though it is a sea creature, it has been observed traveling on land by bending its body into a wheel shape and springing forwards, rolling from one tide pool to another

needless to say i felt like a real piece of poo poo for eating one of those

yeah but i have a mantis shrimp as a friend on facebook and he endorsed bobby jindal. chow down

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
ugh nice accuracy wikipedia, it's "As long as I want, up to immortality" :rolleyes:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Mondrian posted:

yeah they'd finally start figuring out new problems but give us the "nevermore" treatment

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

quote:

Henri's parents, the Comte and Comtesse, were first cousins (Henri's two grandmothers were sisters[2]) and Henri suffered from congenital health conditions traditionally attributed to inbreeding.

lol, didn't know the french were into that kinda thing.

didn't realize he was so strangely proportioned until I saw that picture, either.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i can pretty much only picture dat shrimp as morphing into a metroid ball to travel over dry ground

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Vicas posted:

lol, didn't know the french were into that kinda thing.

that's pretty much everything that european aristocrats and royalty were about

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
DVDs for the U.S. market now sometimes have three forms of English subtitles: SDH subtitles; English subtitles, helpful for viewers who are Hearing and whose first language may not be English (although they are usually an exact transcript and not edited into Simple English); and closed caption data that is decoded by the end-user's closed caption decoder. Most anime releases in the U.S. only include as subtitles translations of the original material; therefore, SDH subtitles of English dubs ("dubtitles") are uncommon. [9][10]

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

DVD regions? smdh

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_LV0_keys
lol

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_picture_candidates/Autofellatio

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chap

The "Chappists" propose a revolution based not on violence or bomb-throwing, but on dressing with panache, drinking fine beverages and behaving with courtesy, especially to those from whom courtesy is not forthcoming. They have organised protests against modern art installations and bland corporations such as Gap, Starbucks, Nike and specifically Abercrombie and Fitchs presence on Savile Row[1], in addition to bland cities.[2] Contributors have included Miss Martindale and Michael "Atters" Attree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Elemental
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._B_The_Gentleman_Rhymer

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

lmao is the lizardwizard guy voting in support of that there our very own?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

wikipedia's internal policies are p great

WP:gently caress

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_be_a_dick
lol @ the giant note in 56 languages

Wikipedia:Assume good faith
Wikipedia:Assume the assumption of good faith
Wikipedia:Assume the assumption of assuming good faith

Wikimedia Foundation posted:

Even a mediocre PHP application is better than an application written in Python or Perl or Ruby or any other language.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ikke_v%E6r_en_kuk

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

obvs a scandanavian hyper-feminist wikipedia editing community

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,