Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

This is a real thing that exists.

EDIT: Just wanted to mention, at 10 seconds into this trailer, you can hear Willis's disembodied voice say "yippee ki-yay" for no reason. They literally inserted that sound clip just to remind you that this is a Die Hard movie. I found it very odd.

WITNESS THE POWER! fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

Good god :ughh:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
If anything it should be Mister Falcon

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

bobkatt013 posted:

If anything it should be Mister Falcon

Yeah but Die Hard 5 takes place in Russia.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ez posted:

It should always be Mister Falcon

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Ez posted:

Comrade Falcon

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

bobkatt013 posted:

It should always be Mister Falcon

What about them melon farmers?
I think that poster pretty much seals the deal for me. I'm sure that is the actual line McClane utters before making something explode in a big way. The writers probably feel so proud how they avoided the 'motherfucker'- problem once again.

Villain of the Week
Dec 25, 2008

EDIT: Just wanted to mention, at 10 seconds into this trailer, you can hear Willis's disembodied voice say "yippee ki-yay" for no reason. They literally inserted that sound clip just to remind you that this is a Die Hard movie. I found it very odd.

He actually says it though, but it's not very noticeable because he's about to walk off-screen.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

YOU DON'T
KILL
TERRORISTS
WITHOUT MAKING
A FEW
ENEMIES

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wonder what they charged to watermark that image.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

kiimo posted:

I wonder what they charged to watermark that image.

Since they clearly spent no time or money on it, I'm requesting a "smooth Bruce" airbrushed hack job.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's what you'd get if Bruce Willis wasn't so cool in giving no fucks.

(I actually like the image, just not the text)

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

kiimo posted:

That's what you'd get if Bruce Willis wasn't so cool in giving no fucks.

(I actually like the image, just not the text)

So do I, it actually looks like Bruce Willis. I just wonder what it'd look like with the Billy Crystal treatment.

e: oh god, that's actually his face?! He looks like Mao Zedong!

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Choose Your Own Adventure: The Font: The Motion Picture

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Went looking for the original Lisa and the Devil poster, ended up kind of side-tracked.

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Yeah, this is just right. Has a nice feel, too.

Haha, this is awesome! I think the artist was told the general plot before hand, as there is no blonde in the film that I remember, especially if the two women there are meant to be Asa / Katja, which are both played by black haired Barbara Steele.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

When I scrolled over that One Dark Night poster, that's exactly what I was thinking and going to post until I saw yours :laffo:

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
Tommy Wiseau is Watching You Poop.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Torgo?!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Thinking the same thing. Torgo's new haircut owns.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Apologies if this has been posted, but it's just so loving bad. R-Patz looks like he's walking in place.

Jam With Seeds
Dec 20, 2008

Quickly, we've got to get out of here. :geno:

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Kro-Bar posted:

Apologies if this has been posted, but it's just so loving bad. R-Patz looks like he's walking in place.

It's been posted before, but it does bear repeating. I can't decide which I like more - this poster or the horrifying Photoshop monstrosity character posters they've put out.

They really have the worst people working on these.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Hewlett posted:

It's been posted before, but it does bear repeating. I can't decide which I like more - this poster or the horrifying Photoshop monstrosity character posters they've put out.

They really have the worst people working on these.

There probably isn't much motivation to put out a good poster: It won't impact whether or not someone chooses to see the movie at all.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Do they care more or less then the actors?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Saw this earlier today and it made me go :swoon:

(On a sadder note, it also made me wish Dreamworks had the stones to make this their first traditional film since "Sinbad". Ah well...)

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Rahonavis posted:

(On a sadder note, it also made me wish Dreamworks had the stones to make this their first traditional film since "Sinbad". Ah well...)

I still think this looks like a stupid movie, but... I've missed 2d art so much on posters and VHS covers and all that.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

I don't really like Dreamworks and I don't know what Rise of the Guardians is, but I really like that poster.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ez posted:

I don't really like Dreamworks and I don't know what Rise of the Guardians is, but I really like that poster.

Yeah, this exactly. I thought it was Legend of the Guardians (that animated owl movie from a couple years ago) at first. That's some drat nice artwork, though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A note for kiimo: please don't use the word "orgy" on a poster with a picture of Michael Jackson.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Ez posted:

Literally the Avengers with fairy tales. Jack Frost, the Sandman, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus team up to fight... something.

Because if you can't actually get any hot properties, go for the public domain!

EDIT: Claus =/= Clause. Tim Allen you have warped my mind!

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 26, 2012

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

404GoonNotFound posted:

Literally the Avengers with fairy tales. Jack Frost, the Sandman, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause team up to fight... something.

I believe that something is The Boogeyman, or at least essentially the same concept. Poor villains, always getting ganged up on.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Other than that, how was the movie, Mrs. Lincoln?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

404GoonNotFound posted:

It really bothers me that they seem to be going with a smug smirking and winking "cool" attitude.

You could just make a fairytale.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nybble posted:

Other than that, how was the movie, Mrs. Lincoln?

Coming soon to a Ford Theater near you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

404GoonNotFound posted:

Literally the Avengers with fairy tales. Jack Frost, the Sandman, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus team up to fight... something.

EDIT: Claus =/= Clause. Tim Allen you have warped my mind!

The weirdest thing about that movie is how they've been promoting it. Like the fact that it looks like Jack Frost is going to be the main character, which you would never know going by the first trailer because he isn't in it at all.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

That Rise Of The Guardians poster makes me think its for a Squaresoft game. Maybe not quite Final Fantasy, but another one of their IPs.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!

Rahonavis posted:

Christ I miss traditional animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Young Freud posted:

That Rise Of The Guardians poster makes me think its for a Squaresoft game. Maybe not quite Final Fantasy, but another one of their IPs.

What are you talking about, there's a goron so it's a Zelda game :colbert:

e:Here's other posters for it:

The elves are adorable and I really wish they made the movie in the style of the quoted poster instead of the one they're actually using.

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 26, 2012