Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fister Roboto posted:

>Rose: Teach the alien babe the ways of human love. Be the Kirk.

Actually, I think Kanaya is about to be the space badass who teaches an alien about love/hate/bromance/UN Mediator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Really. I'm going to start magically liking Kanaya and the fact that Hussie's ensured we won't get anything resembling a John/Rose end?

Great, one more boring-rear end gay romance. Tons of potential lost and for what? Because Hussie didn't feel like taking any chances. That's for the two designated 'weird' kids in the comic, huh? Can't have the main characters interested in each other, despite all the little hints (and sometimes not so little ones) dropped all over the place. Must make them gay, boring, and ensure they wind up with the worst characters in the comic.

Yeah, tell me what there is to look forward to with this couple, hoss. You seem to be all for it. Kanaya's the most boring lead in any romance since Chiba Mamoru from Sailormoon. There's not a single interesting (or redeeming) thing about her and yet it's looking increasingly like Rose's going to end up with her.

Because gay people, that's why. God forbid HS take a chance with anything. Nope, must conform to the status quo and leave that straight poo poo to the weirdo characters, right?

Yeah, no. gently caress you and gently caress Hussie. I guess it's nice he made a 'please stop reading my webcomic, it's becoming like any other teen romance strip' arc though. Real considerate-like. Always good to see straightforward, boring fuckin' romance blooming. And at the end, they'll have a kid, Rose'll die, and Kanaya'll be there to talk about the kid's adventures in the medium or some other stereotypically generic thing. Because the kids must be like the parents, always and forever.

Uncle Guido
Oct 2, 2008
Here's how I see this playing out.

Kanaya will get over her initial shock and really get into their sloppy inter-species make-out session. While the girls are distracted Gamzee will calmly walk out the shadows from deeper down the hallway. He'll interrupt them by saying something like this:

it just ain't right
NOT MOTHERFUCKING RIGHT AT ALL
i tell you something in motherfucking confidence
A MOTHERFUCKING SECRET
and you just lay my spades out for all too see
MOTHERFUCKING MIRACLE OF HATE
time to learn a motherfucking lesson
LOOSE LIPS SINK MOTHERFUCKING SHIPS

Then he shoves them down the stairs, knocking them both out cold. As he drags their unconscious bodies away, Terezi "watches" from behind the grate, her impassive face smeared with clown makeup. She squeezes the horn she's holding, letting out a long and mournful honk which echoes through the meteor.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fister Roboto posted:

Really. I'm going to start magically liking Kanaya and the fact that Hussie's ensured we won't get anything resembling a John/Rose end?

Great, one more boring-rear end gay romance. Tons of potential lost and for what? Because Hussie didn't feel like taking any chances. That's for the two designated 'weird' kids in the comic, huh? Can't have the main characters interested in each other, despite all the little hints (and sometimes not so little ones) dropped all over the place. Must make them gay, boring, and ensure they wind up with the worst characters in the comic.

Yeah, tell me what there is to look forward to with this couple, hoss. You seem to be all for it. Kanaya's the most boring lead in any romance since Chiba Mamoru from Sailormoon. There's not a single interesting (or redeeming) thing about her and yet it's looking increasingly like Rose's going to end up with her.

Because gay people, that's why. God forbid HS take a chance with anything. Nope, must conform to the status quo and leave that straight poo poo to the weirdo characters, right?

Yeah, no. gently caress you and gently caress Hussie. I guess it's nice he made a 'please stop reading my webcomic, it's becoming like any other teen romance strip' arc though. Real considerate-like. Always good to see straightforward, boring fuckin' romance blooming. And at the end, they'll have a kid, Rose'll die, and Kanaya'll be there to talk about the kid's adventures in the medium or some other stereotypically generic thing. Because the kids must be like the parents, always and forever.

Typically, when you post hilariously lovely quotes from other sources, it's good practice to put them in quote blocks less people mistakenly ascribe that terrible opinion to you.

bigbigtruck
Feb 7, 2011

rattlesnake caught in a wheel well, strawberry in an ostrich throat
Fister Roboto, thank you for a perfect parody post.

Nice to have a happy moment before the HONKs start again. :shobon:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

hahaha

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
It's weird that anyone would ever think Hussie of all people would go the "YES THE CHILDREN MUST GROW UP TO BE JUST LIKE THEIR PARENTAL FIGURES" route given...literally everything that's happened so far. So silly.

But he is right that Kanaya is boring as gently caress. :colbert:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's weird that anyone would ever think Hussie of all people would go the "YES THE CHILDREN MUST GROW UP TO BE JUST LIKE THEIR PARENTAL FIGURES" route given...literally everything that's happened so far. So silly.

The quote wasn't originally about Homestuck :ssh:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I confess in sincerity I can't seem to get into this blossoming young romance, cute though it is. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, and I don't mean down the stairs. And I'm wondering why that is; perhaps the involvement of alcohol? (If that's the case, it's definitely more to do with some issues of my own than with any objective quality of the story.)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rasamune posted:

:ms:

Welp.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Rasamune posted:

The funniest part of that, of course, was that Jack and Annie proceeded to not actually be a thing.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Captain Oblivious posted:

You, me, outside, now.

I get why people would think this but I really enjoy her deadpan/straight man (irony!) role.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

The funniest part of that, of course, was that Jack and Annie proceeded to not actually be a thing.

Like, 'the next page' proceeded. The next goddamn page. :cripes:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Chibisoma, right?

Edit:

Rasamune posted:

Haha yep.

Mister Gutsy
May 6, 2012

You love having a dead sister. Having a dead sister is an experience you would highly recommend to everybody.

Rasamune posted:

:stare: Wow, those tweets. I'll never understand hardcore shippers.

Popo posted:

You, me, outside, now.

I get why people would think this but I really enjoy her deadpan/straight man (irony!) role.

I think Kanaya and Rose are both pretty funny when interacting with less serious characters, so I was never that into the idea of Kanaya/Rose because I thought they wouldn't be all that funny together.

Drunk Rose completely solves that issue though.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
That update was pretty adorable, though I've seen enough of Homestuck to know that something horrible could happen anytime.

It was brought up last page, but on the subject of Angels, Eridan also said this about them in Kanaya: Return to the Core when talking to Feferi and Sollux:

Eridan posted:

i slaughtered enough angels to knoww my limits and wwhere i stand against the lord of all angels they prophecized

At the time Eridan thought that the lord of all angels was Jack, but that's obviously not the case.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
On the subject of angels, this thing is basically a pretty interesting theory, if you ask me.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Boneless Jogger posted:

That update was pretty adorable, though I've seen enough of Homestuck to know that something horrible could happen anytime.

It was brought up last page, but on the subject of Angels, Eridan also said this about them in Kanaya: Return to the Core when talking to Feferi and Sollux:

At the time Eridan thought that the lord of all angels was Jack, but that's obviously not the case.

Well, it has been implied its the Hope players destiny to destroy Lord English. The problem is the first two hope players where horrible.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Gamzee.

You keep your clown rear end in that vent.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

glitchwraith posted:

Well, it has been implied its the Hope players destiny to destroy Lord English. The problem is the first two hope players where horrible.

It is implied that Cronus somehow managed to keep Lord English, an infamous cherub, from manifesting directly in A1, though that was a partial success at best. Eridan stood vehemently in opposition to angels, just not the one angel that mattered. Hope players and angels don't get along.

transnistria
Oct 20, 2008

And now, with Rose just inches away from Kanaya and every freak on tumblr holding their breath in anticipation, Hussie will now switch back to Meenah, Vriska, and John.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I just know this is going to go horribly, horribly wrong because Andrew Hussie is a monster who feeds on our despair and hatred, but for right now let's just savor this tender moment.

Precious space lesbians :3:

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Feranon posted:

Only one of them is a space lesbian.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
There are so many ways this could go wrong, even if the crazy clown doesn't immediately jump out of the grate. I doubt either Gamzee or Terezi are going to be happy with Rose meddling. When the intermission ends and we get back to them in a year we're going to find out that Rose messed up her attempt at separating them and everyone is dead.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Feranon posted:

I just know this is going to go horribly, horribly wrong because Andrew Hussie is a monster who feeds on our despair and hatred, but for right now let's just savor this tender moment.

They are my perfect precious gay little babies.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Pessimism posted:

Only one of them is a space lesbian.

They're in space. They're both space lesb- ohhh. OHHHH. I get it now.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Feranon posted:

Hussie, if you ruin this beautiful moment I will.... I dunno. Cry I guess :smith:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

How many distinct characters are we up to now?
24 trolls, 8 kids, 4 exiles, snowman, midnight crew plus alpha jack, 4 B1 ancestors...

All with very definable personalities mostly.

That's pretty impressive, man.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Man, you guys are all over the place. It's time for this little cuddle-up to get destroyed by the most important character in Homestuck

Wayward Vagabond: Offer the girls a refreshing can of Tab.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

188 posts and 11 page update? Time to check Homestuck, guess somebody di-oh my.

This is probably the happiest I've ever been at an update. :3:

MOOD KILL IMMINENT

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Mood kill definitely imminent, the question should be exactly what degree the mood kill will be.

I'll be drat disappointed if Rose doesn't end up losing her balance, pulling them both down the stairs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Typically, when you post hilariously lovely quotes from other sources, it's good practice to put them in quote blocks less people mistakenly ascribe that terrible opinion to you.

It's always funnier when people fall for it though.

I'm guessing that Rose is going to puke all over Kanaya, and then Kanaya will decide that human mating rituals are a little too weird for her.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

:master:

This takes me back.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Mood kill definitely imminent, the question should be exactly what degree the mood kill will be.

I'll be drat disappointed if Rose doesn't end up losing her balance, pulling them both down the stairs.

That's not a mood killer. I mean, it is, but for them. Not for us.

Fister Roboto posted:

A Chibisoma Post

I recognized this from the first line and I love you for it.

Psycho Lawnmower
Apr 1, 2011

For the cow-borrowing glory and infinite wisdom of Elmal! Cheese for everyone!
Oh, Gamzee, you'd be a real trooper if you'd come down and make all this more fun. Not that I begrudge the space lesbian any favors, but that we need something interesting after the breach of trust Rose just pulled, drunk or no.

Or even better: a) Rose wakes up from a drunken stupor, or b) Karkat wakes up from watching a doomed timeline event in a dreambubble. :haw:

Though I will give that parody post one point; it does feel like Hussie is pandering to the base with this recent dramatic canon pairing.

Thought there was something there, but now I'm free from insane obligations about romance which may have no bearing on anything! Thanks, Hussie!

Edit: Fair enough. Doesn't make it any less true, but reactions aren't a bad thing here. After all, how many people have done it here before, hmm?

Psycho Lawnmower fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 26, 2012

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Psycho Lawnmower posted:

Oh, Gamzee, you'd be a real trooper if you'd come down and make all this more fun. Not that I begrudge the space lesbian any favors, but that we need something interesting after the breach of trust Rose just pulled, drunk or no.

Or even better: a) Rose wakes up from a drunken stupor, or b) Karkat wakes up from watching a doomed timeline event in a dreambubble. :haw:

Though I will give that parody post one point; it does feel like Hussie is pandering to the base with this recent dramatic canon pairing. After all, when Rose/Kanaya shippers scream the loudest, they're likely to be heard.

Personally liked John/Rose myself. Thought there was something there, but now I'm free from insane obligations about romance which may have no bearing on anything! Thanks, Hussie!

I think maybe you should re-consider what is and sin't worth posting. For instance: your ships? Not worth posting. Your opinion on the pairings in the comic? Not worth posting.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Psycho Lawnmower posted:

I think Tumblr would literally (literally) explode. Or at least something would.

It would also be pretty lovely to pull the Dream Bubble card at a time like this just because he could. I mean he could do it, but it'd be pretty loving irritating if he did.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I kind of get the feeling the relationship is doomed to failure, not because of unheeded warnings or demented clowns, but because, like the ones that have played out entirely off-screen, it's teenage infatuation. For some reason I can't quite put my finger on, I'm not feeling the chemistry here. Maybe it's just me.

But if that's the case and this is not in fact the consummation of the One True Pairing, it raises the question of why Hussie's giving this one so much more attention than, say, Jade and Davesprite. Either he's just gratifying the audience by dwelling on what I presume to be the most popular ship (I don't loving know), or this will have more serious consequences later on, likely when Rose meets up with a certain other character who also flirts and drinks.

I dunno.

On another subject, anybody else feeling like Jade's gotten the short end of the characterization stick lately? I mean, it is in her nature to be the most emotionally sturdy member of the cast, but the battleship segments of the intermission have pretty much been The John Show Starring John. I presume she'll have a bigger role to play when she arrives in the new session. Since nobody knows in advance how B2 is going to play out, it'll be relevant to the major issue in her arc, namely rejecting predestination and taking an active role in shaping her fate.

Psycho Lawnmower
Apr 1, 2011

For the cow-borrowing glory and infinite wisdom of Elmal! Cheese for everyone!
I should hope so, Bongo. Jade has done such a great deal already in shaping the chance of creating a new universe for everyone that it would be a shame for her to not do anything through these years.

That being said, it seems that she's taking the experience of eternity and unlimited power quite well through her understanding of the science of being a First Guardian. When you're part superdog, you tend to lose context about one's own feelings when its only your ex, your brother, your combined grandma and ones minions over and over. Not that you aren't loyal, simply used to the rote, yanno?

John, on the other hand, doesn't have the contemplation of eternity to ease his interest. He's been cooped up with nothing to do save sleep, watch his movies and cruddy MMOs, and eat cake. Its bad enough that John doesn't like the pastry, but that he's grown up slightly-in combat skill as well as maturity-seems to say that his reactions right now must be the stuff of legend on this battleship since he's slowly losing his mind. That battle with Jack did him some real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Bongo Bill posted:

I kind of get the feeling the relationship is doomed to failure, not because of unheeded warnings or demented clowns, but because, like the ones that have played out entirely off-screen, it's teenage infatuation. For some reason I can't quite put my finger on, I'm not feeling the chemistry here. Maybe it's just me.

But if that's the case and this is not in fact the consummation of the One True Pairing, it raises the question of why Hussie's giving this one so much more attention than, say, Jade and Davesprite. Either he's just gratifying the audience by dwelling on what I presume to be the most popular ship (I don't loving know), or this will have more serious consequences later on, likely when Rose meets up with a certain other character who also flirts and drinks.

I dunno.

On another subject, anybody else feeling like Jade's gotten the short end of the characterization stick lately? I mean, it is in her nature to be the most emotionally sturdy member of the cast, but the battleship segments of the intermission have pretty much been The John Show Starring John. I presume she'll have a bigger role to play when she arrives in the new session. Since nobody knows in advance how B2 is going to play out, it'll be relevant to the major issue in her arc, namely rejecting predestination and taking an active role in shaping her fate.

I don't know, I think they have pretty good chemistry if you look at their chatlogs. This one is just a bit off because Rose is loving hammered. Granted I'm not sure how well that would translate to a romantic relationship and given that Hussie seems to be treating teenagers like teenagers there's really no telling what could happen.

That said, I think we're just getting started on the relationship shenanigans. Hussie's been teasing Dave and Terezi a lot, looking back on it. So I think we might be seeing something involving those two at some point, too. Also, maybe a Jade and Davesprite post breakup chat? No sure with those two, though. I think Hussie is up to something with Davesprite, we really haven't seen much of him at all during the intermissions.