Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Saradiart posted:

The dialoglog is in Caliborn gray :tinfoil:

e: the author is dead, and Caliborn is known for lovely twists!
code:
<p style=" font-weight: bold; font-family: courier, monospace;color:#000000">
Nope.

Actually this brings up a good point, if Hussie's dead, who the hell is narrating this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

I had modified my copy of the Scrollable Pesterlog greasemonky script to auto-open. Whoops.

Linking because it's been a while since whoever made it posted it.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Chalk me up to fooled. I was out at a bar and when I opened my smart phone and it happened to have Homestuck up there with a new update. So, instead of getting my mack on with all the foxy slunts at theb ar, I instead sat there for 90 seconds gawking at a comic on the internet like the royal stooge that I now am.

You rat, Hussie. You rat.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Color Printer posted:

code:
<p style=" font-weight: bold; font-family: courier, monospace;color:#000000">
Nope.

Actually this brings up a good point, if Hussie's dead, who the hell is narrating this?

My eyes must be going bad.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Was that troll face always winking? Or am I just blind?

Once again, Curse That Shameless Hussie!

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Why, Hussie? Why must you torment us so?
Why do you thrive on our impotent rage like it's a delicious steak dinner?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

RedMagus posted:

Was that troll face always winking? Or am I just blind?

Only on the last frame.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Man, I completely fell for that. I was like "well, Hussie, if this isn't some kind of psyche I'll be very disappointed", and... I guess it was some kind of psyche?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Considering he's already done the fake-flash-loading fakeout before, the whole thing seemed pretty dumb.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Yes because Hussie's never done something more than once before. I for one am appalled by this blatant lack of creativity.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Then we have the SB&HJ stuff.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=035.jpg

- A date.
- Misspellings turned into drunken slurring.
- The 'date' is missing a shoe.
- Subway restaurant to subway-like tunnel.
- A vent shaft
- 'weird stonk' turned into 'weird honk', which is itself a callback to that time a SB&HJ comic predicted a combination clown / cloud.

Anything I'm forgetting?

This is a bit of a stretch, but the other SB&HJ comic to involve a vent also involved footwear problems.

Also I can't believe I fell for this.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I fell for it for a while, but my impatience got the better of me as I defied the spoiler warning. So I guess we'll be getting a flash page in the next few days?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I never thought I'd say this but I think we've had too many flashes lately.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Nate RFB posted:

I never thought I'd say this but I think we've had too many flashes lately.

I definitely agree. They're great as a capstone, but the ratio of regular pages to flash pages in the last few months has started to skew and it's slowing down production.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
This is about the same ratio as it was during acts 2/3, just the [s] updates are bigger. Technically, we have only gotten a couple of flash updates in this intermission so far, as openbound was all html and javascript!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Looking forward to resuming business as usual, but I'll take any excuse to listen so some of the music that's been used these last few months.

The Koos Problem
Oct 28, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Rose's drunken rant on apples confirmed what I always suspected about Hussie, which is that he's a neo-Symbolist (Symbolism as in the art movement, not the literary device you learned to hate in English). Rose essentially laid out the symbolists' thesis, and the power of myth and proto-semiotics has always been there in Homestuck. Maybe as its most important quality.

If you need further proof of Hussie's aesthetic allegiance, check out symbolism's very own Humanimal

The Koos Problem
Oct 28, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I believe you want the fanart thread.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Flaw spotted, Hussie only cares for Vriska, not those other two chump-heads

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Pre-scratch Vriska not present. None are horrifically fat. Hussie is obviously horrified. Worst fan-art, would not quote again.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dude, spoiler tag that poo poo. Jesus.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Mindfang's face in profile is weirding me out.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

The Koos Problem posted:

Rose's drunken rant on apples confirmed what I always suspected about Hussie, which is that he's a neo-Symbolist (Symbolism as in the art movement, not the literary device you learned to hate in English). Rose essentially laid out the symbolists' thesis, and the power of myth and proto-semiotics has always been there in Homestuck. Maybe as its most important quality.

Hussie's also confirmed that he's a Juggalo! After all, the most important character laid out the thesis that miracles are all around us, which is core to their thesis that magic is everywhere in this bitch, and not fakey fake poo poo that isn't real at all.

(I think I'll skip the picture of Hussie up to his nipples in clowns)

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Update!

To Things North Bought With My Credit Card.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Update!

Damnit, you'd think after the expressed fakeout, the elaborate gif fakeout, and the discussion of fakeouts in this thread, that I would stop falling for fakeouts. But no, I saw your post and went straight to MSPaintAdventures.com

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Seoinin posted:

Mindfang's face in profile is weirding me out.
You have identified the only weird thing about that picture.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Elysiume posted:

You have identified the only weird thing about that picture.
Have you ever looked at the PYF strange fanart thread? poo poo doesn't even register on my radar these days unless it can top Sideshow Bob and Fry swordfighting over Bart to the dulcet tones of Linkin Park. Consequently I can look at that mess up there and think, man her forehead-septum situation is just a catastrophe.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 28, 2012

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Update!

Goddamned liberal grocery stores :bahgawd:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looking pretty androgynous there, Hussie.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Update!

Hussie's been watching Breaking Bad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vriska he's already dead. Those chest compressions won't help at all. Just let it go.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Spellman posted:

Hussie's been watching Breaking Bad.

Now we know why the updates are taking so long. That poo poo is addictive.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The big flash update will turn out to be this.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Update!

Wait, the final two grand finale purchases... What if Hussie and North are the fantrolls? :aaa:

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Well thanks Ammat, now there's nothing Hussie can do that won't disappoint us.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
So I just discovered the Vexiborn tag. Basically, Shelby, the girl who does Calliope's art, has a bunch of quotes of tumblr user Vexarian (some dude who rages really hard about Act 6 and the lack of John/Vriska), edited to have Caliborn's quirk and its surprisingly accurate.

quote:

ACT SIX ONE WAS ABOuT. A DuMB HuMAN GIRL DOING NOTHING FOR A HuNDRED PAGES. THEN EXPLODING.

quote:

BuT MORE IMPORTANTLY I REALLY JuST DON'T. GIVE ENOuGH OF A poo poo ABOuT HALF OF THE MALE CAST TO WANT TO SHIP THEM HOMOSEXuAL OR OTHERWISE.

quote:

IT'S JuST SuCH A DISGuSTING LET DOWN. I WAS PREPARED FOR JOHN/VRISKA TO NOT HAPPEN. BuT I WASN'T PREPARED FOR THIS MEETING TO BE SO RIDICuLOuSLY uNSATISFYING. I'LL MAKE A FuLLER POST IN REPONSE TO ANOTHER ASK LATER.

Crump Rocknubs
Sep 14, 2007

Maybe grind on some shit.
Vex really loves threatening to hurt people who actually exist for not imagining the same characters having sex as he does. His enthusiastic over-identification with John Egbert's penis and subsequent gay panic by proxy at the sight of different pairings are legendary. He doesn't even like the comic, he's just really really fixated on seeing the kid have sex with Vriska (or, since she's not interested, Rose's emergency backup vagina) at any and all costs or else HUSSIE WROTE IT WRONG.

Dude gives me the creeps.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Since things seem quiet around here between updates, I hope it's okay if I post some MSPA-related criticism I've done. I've been disappointed by the lack of serious writing of Homestuck by comics bloggers so I thought I'd try some of my own. It's sort of like the annotations Jess Nevins does for The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, or the stuff over at Mindless Ones. I've done annotations for the first two acts so far, with more to come.

If I've missed something important, definitely let me know - I'll give you a note in the next version of the document.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Indie Rocktopus posted:

Since things seem quiet around here between updates, I hope it's okay if I post some MSPA-related criticism I've done. I've been disappointed by the lack of serious writing of Homestuck by comics bloggers so I thought I'd try some of my own. It's sort of like the annotations Jess Nevins does for The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, or the stuff over at Mindless Ones. I've done annotations for the first two acts so far, with more to come.

If I've missed something important, definitely let me know - I'll give you a note in the next version of the document.

I haven't even read it yet but I've felt similarly disappointed by the lack of serious critical analyses of Homestuck and I'm really excited to dig in.