Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Oh cool Punch and Negative Approach played two hours from me yesterday. Thanks for telling me, anyone I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamathousandapples
Jul 12, 2012
I can't stop listening to Converge's new album. Especially Aimless Arrow and the Title Track. It's really impressive material.

Dwight Schrute III
Apr 25, 2008

I gave you fucking Magic!

iamathousandapples posted:

I can't stop listening to Converge's new album. Especially Aimless Arrow and the Title Track. It's really impressive material.

I need to throw in my two cents here also. I just found out the album dropped last night coming into this thread. I am really amazed with what Converge has done here. After Axe to Fall I thought they were going to go for that ridiculously clean production style with the technical metal feel to it from now on (that type of metal really gained popularity around the time it came out, come to mention it.. Bands like Veil of Maya [that's a low level comparison by the way] were getting played by people I never even knew liked rock)

There are still parts of the album that feel that way, but the atmosphere and the overall feel and vocals are just LEAGUES better. The songs don't seem as randomly thrown in and forced as ATF and the progression through the album is more sound like a well told story. I feel that happiness welling up inside that I felt as a lost teenager listening to Petitioning the Empty Sky for the first time. Give it a listen. There is a full album stream up.

Dwight Schrute III fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Oct 14, 2012

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Steve Holmes sent seven cassettes worth of unreleased material and practice sessions of American Football to Polyvinyl, which will be digitized and made available. Incredibly excited to see what comes out of this.

Battery Joe
Apr 12, 2007
talkin' shit about a pretty sunset
Just caught Converge in Rochester, NY last night, and they friggin killed it. Definitely see them this tour if they come by your area at all. They played a good mix of stuff from Jane Doe to AWLWLB, and probably a few songs from before Jane Doe but I'm not really well versed in those albums.

The only thing that kinda sucked was that on certain songs you couldn't really hear all of the neat things Kurt was doing on the guitar, but it was still pretty great.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
Did they still close with First Last Light?

This is important.

OnlyJuanMon fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 15, 2012

Battery Joe
Apr 12, 2007
talkin' shit about a pretty sunset
^^They closed with Last Light. Is that what you meant? It really turned into a madhouse in there, too.

vedicardi
Oct 17, 2012
I'm gonna go see torche and leave before converge plays. how about that
~trve punk rebel~

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

7lip posted:

I am so loving jealous, I haven't liked a single song from CBK since Wake The Dead, and don't get me started on the vocalist change; but Propagandhi, OWTH, and The Mother loving Menzingers is pretty much bliss.

I know this is a few pages back, but I'd be curious what you mean about the vocalist change. I don't see how anyone could say Wade was better than Neufeld is. Broadcasting was really good, Through the Noise and Symptoms and Cures were both tremendous.

RaoulDuke
May 6, 2007

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.
New Titus Andronicus monday, than seeing them Tuesday with Ceremony. loving stoked.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
The new White Lung tracks are so good.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

rivals posted:

The new White Lung tracks are so good.

which new ones? can you link them?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
I think both are for the upcoming 7", there's one on tumblr and one here.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
An hour on Facebook, Rinoa posted "Next year . . ."

I am cautiously optimistic.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Inspector_71 posted:

An hour on Facebook, Rinoa posted "Next year . . ."

I am cautiously optimistic.

That would own, Fire in the Distant North was my jam for a while

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parachute Underwear posted:

That would own, Fire in the Distant North was my jam for a while

Sol Winds is one of my favorite songs ever.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Ohhhhhh man, La Dispute tomorrow night. I'm so loving pumped.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Ohhhhhh man, La Dispute tomorrow night. I'm so loving pumped.

On this note, Hot Water Music, La Dispute, and The Menzingers are touring together in a few months. Shits gonna own. Now I just have to find a way into the City from upstate...

http://www.underthegunreview.net/2012/10/29/hot-water-music-la-dispute-and-the-menzingers-announce-2013-tour/

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Ace Jameson posted:

I know this is a few pages back, but I'd be curious what you mean about the vocalist change. I don't see how anyone could say Wade was better than Neufeld is. Broadcasting was really good, Through the Noise and Symptoms and Cures were both tremendous.

Probably a mixture of nostalgia for seeing Wade era CBK almost once a month as they were constantly playing Saskatoon, Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg loops; and the fact I never liked Figure Four.

e- I've heard rumblings of a show next year for the 10th anniversary or Turn It Around.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Aaaaaand La Dispute live was loving amazing. Sainthood Reps was pretty good, as well.

They almost made it out of the place without playing King Park, but after they finished their "last" song, the crowd started chanting King Park. So they finished the show with that, and it was so awesome.

Also, the crowd was great. Couldn't have asked for a better show.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Keeping on the "awesome band coming to town" theme, I finally get to see Masked Intruder after missing them 3 times. loving pumped for that show!

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
i loving adore propagandhi :allears:

scuz posted:

Keeping on the "awesome band coming to town" theme, I finally get to see Masked Intruder after missing them 3 times. loving pumped for that show!

they are sooooo good

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

new Code Orange Kids stream is pretty kewl: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/11/code_orange_kid_1.html

get to see Converge on Thursday night, fuckin' STOKED

Parachute
May 18, 2003

alg posted:

new Code Orange Kids stream is pretty kewl: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/11/code_orange_kid_1.html

get to see Converge on Thursday night, fuckin' STOKED

I saw them on Saturday and they did not disappoint. Awesome mixture of material, and Jacob Bannon actually stopped in the middle of a song because security were throwing out all people who were stage-diving. He pretty much said "We have control of the stage, please don't worry about it - we know you are just doing your jobs". Then he and the security guard shook hands, talked a bit about mutual respect, and the show went off without a hitch.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
Texas is the Reason just announced a tour, here's a weird tour announcement video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fI_Ii2t7aU
The dates are:
1/6 Chicago, IL
House of Blues (Revelation 25 w/ special guests: Into Another, Sense Field, and Popeye)

2/15 Washington D.C.
The Black Cat

2/16 Philadelphia, PA
Union Transfer

2/17 Boston, MA
Paradise

3/8 Toronto, CAN
Lee's Palace

3/9 Atlanta, GA
The Masquerade

3/29 San Francisco, CA
Bimbo's 365

3/30 Los Angeles, CA
The Music Box at the Henry Fonda Theater

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Is this the right place to gush praise onto the new Converge? I'm probably late but holllly shiiiiiiiiit. I've had so many 'albums of the year' so far, from all over the place, Gojira, Caspian, Make Do And Mend, Smith St Band but Converge has come and done a dump all over them, what a loving great album.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I went and saw Converge with Coalesce and Torche. I went mostly for Torche, but those other two bands' live shows made me go back and dig though their catalogs. They both loving killed it.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Nativity In Black posted:

I went and saw Converge with Coalesce and Torche. I went mostly for Torche, but those other two bands' live shows made me go back and dig though their catalogs. They both loving killed it.

Coalesce will always kill it now and forever! I have seen them twice - once I even drove up to Lawrence, KS with friends to see their first "reunion" show many moons ago.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Nativity In Black posted:

I saw torche once before and wasn't really into it. Can you point out songs/albums to check out before I see them on Thursday ?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm not super into Torche but I really like that one song Across the Shields so I'm looking forward to hearing that one song.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

New Bad Religion single being released November 6th; new album "True North" will be out next year on January 22nd.

They put the single on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF0Mia7oYvA

and they also did a little Google Hangout video and posted it as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt2U7dtjP2s

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

not a dinosaur posted:

Oh cool Punch and Negative Approach played two hours from me yesterday. Thanks for telling me, anyone I know

you prolly didn't miss much.

hounds of hate/no tolerance nov. 17th. i'm x'ing up for it and everything <3

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

alg posted:

I saw torche once before and wasn't really into it. Can you point out songs/albums to check out before I see them on Thursday ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O87Ydqxi53g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm1lo7H-_jk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LayXKzbhtfQ

If their set is anything like when I saw them they will play those three.

Edit: Saw that you asked for albums. The first two are on Meanderthal, the third is off of their newest called Harmonicraft. Those albums are flawless in my opinion. Their self titled is good, but it seems to be more bleed over from when they were in Floor. It's slower and heavier.

Nativity In Black fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 6, 2012

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
Totally psyched for Converge/Old Man Gloom in February, it'll be cool to see Aaron Turner play stuff again after ISIS broke up.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Torche...is headlining for Converge tomorrow night :stare:

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

TheIllestVillain posted:

Totally psyched for Converge/Old Man Gloom in February, it'll be cool to see Aaron Turner play stuff again after ISIS broke up.

And Dropkick Murphies announced join Bluesfest sideshows with Frank Turner. It'll be a war between people who think they're Irish and people who think they're British.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

alg posted:

Torche...is headlining for Converge tomorrow night :stare:

Good, you can leave before the lovely band plays.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Man, Converge headlined. I just bummed around until then. But holy poo poo :stare: Converge destroyed. Someone poked Jacob Bannon in the eye. He grabbed the dude's glasses and broke them and threw them off stage.

Also holy crap Kurt Ballou is a goon IRL.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

alg posted:

Man, Converge headlined. I just bummed around until then. But holy poo poo :stare: Converge destroyed. Someone poked Jacob Bannon in the eye. He grabbed the dude's glasses and broke them and threw them off stage.

Also holy crap Kurt Ballou is a goon IRL.

I once saw Bannon kick someone into the crowd because they were taking too long to actually stage dive (deer in headlights "What do I do now!?" look on their face). He always comes across as the nicest dude, but he does not gently caress around on stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I can sort of understand it. As a 30 year old myself, watching kids be shitheads at all ages shows gets old.