Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

PIKM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Heidecker can be funny and he's good at what he does, but every time he's on it's like the same bit over and over, just with a different "project". His best appearance was on one of those summer tour episodes where he just chatted like a normal guest and didn't try to do any (extended) bits.

Lapkus' character was kind of obvious and something I feel like we've heard quite a few times before. I like the character she did a week or two ago a lot better, even with the voice. Even that character was kind of obvious but her delivery was great. There was one line, something about "making love" that just killed me. Also sneakhers.

Wengert's character seemed like something Andy Daly would do, except I didn't get the impression that there was an actual character behind the bit. I didn't get much of a sense of the character's personality or life beyond the name remembering device thing. It was like if Andy Daly as Dalton Wilcox came on and just hawked his book and that was it.

The episode was pretty good, but I'm glad I don't have to wait another week before the next one.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 26, 2012

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY5MxCxGOF0

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
If you didn't like Pally loving up the game then you are a bad man.

And I'm in the bag for Wengert but I thought he was loving hilarious. I liked that there were two characters and I liked that this was a pretty loose episode. Just a fun one to listen to.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

COMEDY FANG FANG

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
SUICIDE IS PAINLESSS, IT BRINGS ON MANY CHANGES AS I WAS WORKING IN THE LAB ONE NIIIGHT

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

gently caress the froggy, daddy!

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
We're talking about Argo.

Great one.

It kinda collapses in on itself towards the end though with all the different characters.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 29, 2012

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

It kinda collapses in on itself towards the end though with all the different characters.

Just like every Halloween episode! It's tradition.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Just like every Halloween episode! It's tradition.

As is the Halloween rap, this time was even more amazing with all the characters.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

We're talking about Argo.

Great one.

That's the best part. It just turns into a giant poo poo show.

I liked last year's a little better because there was more Ghost Boy.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It was taking a while and I wasn't really into it...then they kept pulling characters out like stacking dolls. I think not-Shaggy hooked me and the rap sold me completely. Really good episode.

I love any time Adomian's in the room and his character hasn't been introduced yet, he laughs so drat much and it's endearing.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

"Like Scoob!"

"Well you're obviously not Shaggy..."

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I hope James Gandalfini and the blue collar New Yorker from the 1940s just tryin' to check outta the hotel make return appearances.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Okay I'm just getting to the Monster M*A*S*H bit and it's the best thing

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I hope James Gandalfini and the blue collar New Yorker from the 1940s just tryin' to check outta the hotel make return appearances.

James Gandolfini was also on this episode if anyone hasn't heard it http://www.earwolf.com/episode/doing-laundry-with-sarah/

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Power of Pecota posted:

Okay I'm just getting to the Monster M*A*S*H bit and it's the best thing

Yeah, this is so good.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

This episode was such a clusterfuck. I was beginning to cringe. And then Scott said "Okay, you are clearly not Shaggy from Scooby Doo" and I lost it...and it just got better and better from there.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18-KQ_wF2e8

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Went to the CBB live show. It was only after I just listened to the Halloween episode that I realized the host of the show was Jon Daly. He was wearing "spooky" makeup and a wig. He did the same character on the live show as the podcast episode. I enjoyed the show.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

With how totally awful Allan McCleod was at the rap battle for like all his other characters, I lost it at the Chris Rock "Some people are black, some people are white/You saw New Jack City? I smoke crack all night"

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

James Gandolfini was also on this episode if anyone hasn't heard it http://www.earwolf.com/episode/doing-laundry-with-sarah/
He's done it a couple of times on Gelmania and brought it out on one of his Improv for Humans appearances. That particular segment is also in the best of IfH episode.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Fezz posted:

He's done it a couple of times on Gelmania and brought it out on one of his Improv for Humans appearances. That particular segment is also in the best of IfH episode.

Well, he did that character as Dennis Franz, but it's pretty much the same thing.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I had to walk to the bathroom and hide from my co-workers due to my laughing when Billy Crystal got to his portion of the free style.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
You look marvelous darling.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mogambo posted:

You look marvelous darling.

Madonna??

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Grace Jones?

P.S., if you haven't seen the music video for You Look Marvelous, you really owe it to yourself to see just how long you can last:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXydX9p_ZxA

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

What was the episode where Scott played that for a break and he and the guest made fun of it for a while afterwards? I vaguely remember that happening.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Power of Pecota posted:

What was the episode where Scott played that for a break and he and the guest made fun of it for a while afterwards? I vaguely remember that happening.

I think it might be episode 6? That one had Gelman as Crystal on it.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
It really is odd how much blackface Billy Crystal used to do, and I guess still does.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

caligulamprey posted:

Grace Jones?

P.S., if you haven't seen the music video for You Look Marvelous, you really owe it to yourself to see just how long you can last:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXydX9p_ZxA

That's surreal. Did people actually think that was funny when it came out?

Billy Crystal's career confuses the hell out of me; as someone who wasn't around for his peak, he's not only absolutely unfunny, but he never seems to even make any jokes.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

little munchkin posted:

That's surreal. Did people actually think that was funny when it came out?

Billy Crystal's career confuses the hell out of me; as someone who wasn't around for his peak, he's not only absolutely unfunny, but he never seems to even make any jokes.

I mean, thats just a question of taste, really. I don't think Billy Crystal is all that funny either, but I can see why people do. I disagree with your contention that he doesn't make jokes. Also, if you truly don't find him funny at all, at least give When Harry Met Sally a try.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Politicalrancor posted:

I mean, thats just a question of taste, really. I don't think Billy Crystal is all that funny either, but I can see why people do. I disagree with your contention that he doesn't make jokes. Also, if you truly don't find him funny at all, at least give When Harry Met Sally a try.

Or that Dan Stern vehicle, City Slickers.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Holy crap. HOLY CRAP. The Washington Monugents!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Finally, a good Aziz Ansari episode.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
~*i'm gonna vote in november*~
*~it's why our forefathers died~*
diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiied

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
and another two episode week! :woop:

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

plastered quack posted:

and another two episode week! :woop:

I think Scott must be bored because he doesn't have the TV show to do.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

As much as I like these two-episode weeks, I hope it doesn't lead to any burnout - I still remember the run of mediocre-to-bad episodes during the TV show's production, hope that doesn't happen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

erezaka posted:

As much as I like these two-episode weeks, I hope it doesn't lead to any burnout - I still remember the run of mediocre-to-bad episodes during the TV show's production, hope that doesn't happen again.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Those episodes where they are punchy as hell are garbage (like the band Garbage, so great)