Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has anyone found a good use for the unique shotgun Octo? It seems to miss a lot if it's at exactly the wrong range.

Well yeah, that's both its problem and its glory. If you master wonky as hell bullet pattern you can hit enemies with every shot from 300 meters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
I want a vault hunter based on Charles Bronson. The English convict Charles Bronson. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1172570/A Deathwish Bronson would be sweet too, but I really want to hear my Vault hunter shouting "YOU CUNTS!" and "Now hang on to your fillings" like a massive English madman.

poo poo Gearbox would never go for that.

Fine, the actual Charles Bronson. Massive lapels and sideburns. Make it happen internet.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has anyone found a good use for the unique shotgun Octo? It seems to miss a lot if it's at exactly the wrong range.

The wrong range being anything further than 10 yards in front of you.
I had a blast going through Lynchwood for the first time with Octo. Hide behind a crate, wait for the bandits to get closer, peek and shoot.
Shields were gone on first hit, second one left them at 10-20% health.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

happyhippy posted:

The wrong range being anything further than 10 yards in front of you.
I had a blast going through Lynchwood for the first time with Octo. Hide behind a crate, wait for the bandits to get closer, peek and shoot.
Shields were gone on first hit, second one left them at 10-20% health.
Depending on the shot pattern though, they can be way closer than ten yards and still most of the bullets will miss, they'll curve and go around the target.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
pitchford just posted bonus codes:

WinPC: CT5BT-6BCSZ-F3B3T-JTTTB-WXHJF
PS3: W353B-9FXZT-RHJ5J-HT5B3-JK95X
X360: W353B-9FXWX-JFR3R-CX3B3-JK9J3

They're supposed to last an hour, he posted them about 8 minutes ago.

kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

caldrax posted:

pitchford just posted bonus codes:

They're supposed to last an hour, he posted them about 8 minutes ago.

Can the shift codes be entered through a website somewhere or does it have to be done through the in game menus? I'm never near an xbox when they drop.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

kalamaf posted:

Can the shift codes be entered through a website somewhere or does it have to be done through the in game menus? I'm never near an xbox when they drop.
In-game only.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
If anyone would be willing to power level me and my friend who are level 37, it would be extremely appreciated. We are currently LANing it up and are just trying to get to 50 ASAP. My gamer tag is BoyleFeeder22 and I'm online right now

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

InFlames235 posted:

If anyone would be willing to power level me and my friend who are level 37, it would be extremely appreciated. We are currently LANing it up and are just trying to get to 50 ASAP. My gamer tag is BoyleFeeder22 and I'm online right now

If you are still looking feel free to add me. : Ashekaban

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
When I logged in, my lvl 32 Mechromancer who just killed the Warrior had all her skill points reset. Nothing else appears to be amiss, but it's really strange...should I be concerned?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Dr. Clockwork posted:

When I logged in, my lvl 32 Mechromancer who just killed the Warrior had all her skill points reset. Nothing else appears to be amiss, but it's really strange...should I be concerned?

Nope. It randomly happens at times. I regularly have to reset mine switching mode to mode.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Last batch of Bonus Shift codes tonight:

WinPC: KTKJT-Z3K9H-FJ33T-J33T3-BBKH6
PS3: WTWJ3-TSXZJ-FZJC3-9TWJJ-WBCCB
X360: WTWJ3-TSXWR-BXRB6-5XTJJ-WBCTB

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Thanks for the heads up. I was at a training all day so I missed the last three or so.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Anyone willing to drop a couple Legendaries my way? I've spent the past 5 days killing the Warrior and have a single Impaler to show for it :(

I have a 91% absorption Sham, Gunstock Maggie (scope on it), Rappid Badaboom, and a level 28 Legendary Soldier class mod I bought from Zed machine (gives +3 to all tier 1 skills) that I can dupe for people as well.

xbox GT is Hushi907

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Ashekaban posted:

If you are still looking feel free to add me. : Ashekaban

Done!

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

So I just got the Bee with my gunzerker without having to farm for it... a level 26 Bee. Can't decide if I should be stoked about it.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Depends: do you like the idea of a game being stupid easy? Not sure what a low-level Bee does, but at 50, the drat thing adds 50K+ per bullet/pellet/whatever. Kinda boring when nothing but "[name] the Invincible" can withstand more than two shots from certain guns when Bee enhanced, if you ask me.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
This weekend, I got four golden keys. I have added to my collection of level 50 purple grenade mods eight additional purple grenade mods.

And thanks, by the way, for making action and reload mapped to the same key, with no way to separate them, and then giving me a new character who is highly dependent on not reloading who now reloads all the time accidentally when trying to open a locker!

dammit

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

buzzsaw.gif posted:

And thanks, by the way, for making action and reload mapped to the same key, with no way to separate them, and then giving me a new character who is highly dependent on not reloading who now reloads all the time accidentally when trying to open a locker!

If your Mechromancer is an alt, blitz through the storyline and farm all the Eridium you need off Bnk3r or Warrior? Then you can pretty safely skip all the lockers and small boxes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Huh, it never occurred to me till now for some reason, but it seems like the Bee would work really well with an Anarchy Gaige, what with her ability to refill her Shield to 100% on kill.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:

buzzsaw.gif posted:

dammit

Reloads don't count until you complete them. Switch to another weapon before it finishes to preserve your Anarchy. Also Discord has been worth a point just to minimize the bleeding. Really wish it was remappable though.

Relatedly, I've been having a weird glitch with Gaige and reloading in co-op. Sometimes when I'm reloading from empty it counts like I'm reloading early. I'm pretty sure I'm not loving up, I've watched it reload with the magazine at zero and then have Discord activate. It's not every time and I think it mostly happens with SMGs. Never happens in solo. I can't figure out the cause, I initially thought it might have been someone with a team magazine size mod or something, but no one I was playing with had one.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Awesome, a legendary shotgun off The Warrior

Oh... It's a Flakker. :sigh:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Had one golden key this morning.

Ended the day with SEVEN.

Good day!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I've been farming Jimmy Jenkins for hours and at this point I would rather start a new Maya to get the 100 phaselock trophy and then join as my PT2 Zer0 later during the Doctors Orders quest. Would Zer0 get the badass challenge for killing Jimmy Jenkins or would Maya get it, since her playthrough will be hosting the game?

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Depends: do you like the idea of a game being stupid easy? Not sure what a low-level Bee does, but at 50, the drat thing adds 50K+ per bullet/pellet/whatever. Kinda boring when nothing but "[name] the Invincible" can withstand more than two shots from certain guns when Bee enhanced, if you ask me.

Turned out to be good for taking out badass constructors from a safe distance, but the low capacity with gunzerker having no shield restoration skills make it tough to justify for regular combat.

I also never noticed that in the area you get the "Feels Like the First Time" achievement at Arid Nexus Badlands, a level 2-4 pup skag will show up. Don't know if that's the same for TVH, but it's a nice little quasi-easter egg.

Skittle Wood fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Oct 28, 2012

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Did anyone else experience a large jump in difficulty around level 27? I sure am. Suddenly a lot of my weapons (which are the same level as me) are doing pretty puny damage to enemies that are also the same level as me, even weapons that they are vulnerable to. I'm both dying and running out of ammo much more frequently. Particularly, in the caustic caverns, there's a badass fire thresher that can basically one-shot me with its burst when it comes up through the ground, so getting past it alive is sheer luck.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Spergminer posted:

I've been farming Jimmy Jenkins for hours and at this point I would rather start a new Maya to get the 100 phaselock trophy and then join as my PT2 Zer0 later during the Doctors Orders quest. Would Zer0 get the badass challenge for killing Jimmy Jenkins or would Maya get it, since her playthrough will be hosting the game?
Maya would get it since all the challenges would be reset for a new character. Your best bet is to find a goon who hasn't finished Doctor's Quest and join their game with Maya, then hope he shows up.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Samurai Sanders posted:

Did anyone else experience a large jump in difficulty around level 27? I sure am. Suddenly a lot of my weapons (which are the same level as me) are doing pretty puny damage to enemies that are also the same level as me, even weapons that they are vulnerable to. I'm both dying and running out of ammo much more frequently. Particularly, in the caustic caverns, there's a badass fire thresher that can basically one-shot me with its burst when it comes up through the ground, so getting past it alive is sheer luck.

This happened to me, too, playing Maya. I just finished the story yesterday (solo) at level 37, and even though I was over-leveled for all the final areas I was still vulnerable to being one-shot or two-shot by big enemies or any kind of explosive. I found a level 28 Bee which, given everyone's love for it here, I thought would make the rest of the game trivial; it certainly didn't feel that way.

To the person above who asked about the low level Bee, at level 28 mine adds ~1450 shields, has 4.5 second recharge delay, fully recharges in a second or less, and deals ~3200 bonus damage.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
The thing with The Bee, in particular any version that isn't Level 50, is that you trade massive amounts of survivability for extra damage. This isn't so huge with the Level 50 version due to it having such a low recharge delay, and the capability of adding 50k damage to each bullet.

When you go into TVHM (and even the final stages of Playthrough 1) your main concern really should be more about surviving and careful, more strategic play than in Playthrough 1, and The Bee simply won't ever give you that. Someone is probably going to jump in here and say how wrong I am for saying these things, but I guess it's dependent on you as a player to be your own judge on this thing - if you think you can use The Bee at its lower level variants, then go for it, but if you find that it's underwhelming compared to the love you've seen heaped on it on this forum, then you might find yourself having an easier time by using a Turtle Shield or something, to give you that extra edge with regards to survivability.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Particularly, in the caustic caverns, there's a badass fire thresher that can basically one-shot me with its burst when it comes up through the ground, so getting past it alive is sheer luck.
Fire Threshers are cheap as hell.

gently caress threshers.

Sears Poncho
Oct 8, 2011
I just got the game and accidentally went over to the DLC Oasis area at a low level - Is everything going to be scaled to that level now, or will it switch if I go back there later?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

BGrifter posted:

Awesome, a legendary shotgun off The Warrior

Oh... It's a Flakker. :sigh:

I have never gotten a legendary off the Warrior, and I must have killed him two or three hundred times by now. I have, however, gotten, a Hunting Coachgun that puts all my legendary shotties to shame (I don't have the CC) so I'm happy for now.

I nabbed a Bee (no prefix) earlier and then in short order collected a Maggie and a Cradle. Last night was a good night for hunting oranges, I guess.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Kifisonfire posted:

Maya would get it since all the challenges would be reset for a new character. Your best bet is to find a goon who hasn't finished Doctor's Quest and join their game with Maya, then hope he shows up.

Strange, I've completed one of the challenges I was doing as Zero and Maya's HUD didn't show anything. Also I guess they patched it because I've been doing ten runs in co-op, several as Zer0 and a few as Maya and I have yet to see a single Loot Midget.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I've gotten this weird bug where dialogue won't play if I'm in a shop (or it plays in a horribly broken fashion) and now sounds aren't playing at all sometimes. Gunfire is silent and I only get half of a reloading sound. Anyone else gotten that?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

iTrust posted:

Fire Threshers are cheap as hell.

gently caress threshers.
So being one-shotted like that is a problem unique to fire threshers?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Samurai Sanders posted:

For what it's worth, you can get out of FFYL by killing one of its peripheral tentacles.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The worst thing about Fire Threshers is how they nova as soon as they come out of the ground. That really sucks.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 28, 2012

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Got to 50 and beat PT2, time to start farming I guess.

PS3 players can add me, JackOfArcades. Not really sure what I'm doing in the end game, though. I play support Maya.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lotish posted:

The worst thing about Fire Threshers is how they nova as soon as they come out of the ground. That really sucks.
That's the only thing they do that is particularly threatening but it is SO dangerous and unexpected it makes them the most deadly enemy in the game for me. You're walking along in an area with no enemies and then suddenly you are in fight for your life mode with nothing but fire and insanity all around you.

Bonus points if there's a wormhole thresher right next to it so you get pulled into the fire thresher's novas.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

jackofarcades posted:

Got to 50 and beat PT2, time to start farming I guess.

PS3 players can add me, JackOfArcades. Not really sure what I'm doing in the end game, though. I play support Maya.

Looting for goods to kill Terramorphous and not die immediately to Hyperius and Master Gee if you got the Captain Scarlett DLC seems like the end result of PT2. maybe finishing every sidequest for the Trophy or getting level 1 of every Challenge for the trophy too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Samurai Sanders posted:

Not necessarily unique, but it's definitely more common with them than other creatures. Super Badass Varkids, Ultimate Badass Varkids, GOD-liaths, and Badass Constructors can do it, but one's a rare, usually story-related encounter and the other three you have to actively let level up to run across.

Once you get to TVHM you can run into Blaster Goliaths, who dual wield Rocket Launchers. If they get the drop on you you're pretty much going into FFYL.

• Locked thread