Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

digibomb posted:

Honestly, gently caress Ennis. I'm tired of that face. I'm tired of people's faces being dicks or butts. Seriously: gently caress Garth Ennis.

That's not Ennis.

That's artist Steve Dillon.

He WAS very talented at one point with details, but over time he either got older, tired, or lazy, and now all his faces are exactly the same.

His early work shows far more effort in the detail, these are all from Preacher from about 15+ years ago:

And for a funny panel :

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Odd panel to post after denying that Ennis makes people's faces dicks or butts.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Odd panel to post after denying that Ennis makes people's faces dicks or butts.

The point remains that Garth Ennis is a writer and doesn't write to his artists saying please draw things like "dicks or butts".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Slaughterhaul posted:

The point remains that Garth Ennis is a writer and doesn't write to his artists saying please draw things like "dicks or butts".

But he literally did in the case of that character. He wanted his head to look like a penis.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Lurdiak posted:

But he literally did in the case of that character. He wanted his head to look like a penis.

I know and Arseface has a face like an arse. It's still a dumb complaint to blanket over all of Ennis work.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Newspaper Jameson continues to deliver Silver-Age Superman levels of dickery here and it's great.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing J. Jonah Jameson

Oh boy! It's so fun when JJJ attempts to romance ladies!

Fiona. That's quite a costume change.

...Yowzers.

"gently caress you Parker! No money for you!"

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

TwoPair posted:

"gently caress you Parker! No money for you!"

The panel two face is hilarious, and that plus the line would make for a great avatar.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Found this in a completely unrelated GIS, so I have no idea what it's from:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mister Roboto posted:

The panel two face is hilarious, and that plus the line would make for a great avatar.

Well here it is if you want it, plus flipped if you want him really excited for your post.

Look Fiona, I posted again!

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Adventure Time #2.

There's a lot of these little sidebars (and some hidden messages) under the main content of each page, but this one made me laugh the hardest even though it's :downsrim: as hell. If you're not reading this comic, you should be, it's been consistently adorable and hilarious so far; I almost think it surpasses the show at times.

e:

Marceline and the Scream Queens #4

For context: early on in the mini, Princess Bubblegum gave Jake temporary king status while she hosed off to help Marceline out. This proved to be a very bad idea. Honestly about half of this mini should be in this thread so far but I don't want to go into :filez: territory so buy it on comixology if you have even the slightest interest in Adventure Time

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 29, 2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sockser posted:

Found this in a completely unrelated GIS, so I have no idea what it's from:

It's from the first arc of Green Arrow/Black Canary.

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

Found this old gem while going through some old files. Having just recently finished reading The Ultimate Cosmic Experience, the difference is.. noticeable.

What If II#3 (Or so google tells me)

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

kujeger posted:

Found this old gem while going through some old files. Having just recently finished reading The Ultimate Cosmic Experience, the difference is.. noticeable.

Oh my god, this is incredible.

Content:

Scarlet Spider 9: Kaine's internal monologues lamenting his heroism are consistently either hilarious or touching. This one falls in the first category.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

kujeger posted:

Well if that isn't the best thing ever then I don't know what is. :colbert:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

kujeger posted:

Every single panel of this let me in stitches. Specially Galactus crushing the poor dude's car. :allears:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
While not a panel, I found this clip of the Axe Cop animated series to be really good: http://youtu.be/Fkh6IZdPp98

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

kujeger posted:

Sholly Fisch? The one that writes the backups in Action Comics? Wow.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm being reduced to protoplasmic slime! "Yipes!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey, I know this guy!

Cherry, not sure what issue.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

smashpro1 posted:

While not a panel, I found this clip of the Axe Cop animated series to be really good: http://youtu.be/Fkh6IZdPp98

Especially with RUN loving SWANSON as Axe Cop :toot:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Hi, is this the creepy panels thread?

(Metal Men 32)

I thought this one was pretty :stare: even for Metal Men with its tendencies.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Gash Bell 42, read right to left:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Finding new teachers is hard:

Wolverine & The X-Men #19

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, Chamber :allears:

Lots of good stuff there, great page.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

My favourite bit is in the last panel where you can see Deathlok's hand coming into view.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hakkesshu posted:

The regular human teacher makes a pretty good point. How many people in Xavier's school are even certified teachers? :haw:

...was Charles Xavier a certified teacher?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I believe he used to teach at university before his first mutant finding expedition, so kind of?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

The regular human teacher makes a pretty good point. How many people in Xavier's school are even certified teachers? :haw:

He's a Professor, but I'm not sure if his area of study is ever mentioned. To be fair, until recently, Xavier's schools have had more in common with a para-military training camp for child soldiers than anything remotely resembling education.

Darkseid and Thanos are carpool buddies :3:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
That is the best thing I have seen all week. Source?

Fruits of the sea posted:

He's a Professor, but I'm not sure if his area of study is ever mentioned. To be fair, until recently, Xavier's schools have had more in common with a para-military training camp for child soldiers than anything remotely resembling education.

Yeah, he's always going on about how he is not training them to defend themselves and to fit in with humans, but it seems that there are only two career paths that you can get out of Xavier's school.

- A trained murderer
- Dead person

I mean, all their science wizards for example were that before they ever joined X-Men. poo poo, looking at how long say, Iceman has been there, he should be a certified nuclear physicist at this point. He certainly has had the time for that and few other PhD's.

I liked that Cyclops didn't try to dance around the fact in Utopia but *sigh*

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Technically Iceman was the only one of the original five to put in four years at Xavier's school and then leave for college instead of being a mutant rights paramilitary superhero.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Didn't Jean and Hank do that too?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

That is the best thing I have seen all week. Source?

The artist's comics are here, although I originally found it posted on Comics Alliance. I hope they do more stuff like this.

I like the school setting, if only because it provides a decent setting for the cast to play off each other. The X-Men are consistently more interesting when they are taking time off from saving the world, even if the school itself is a blatant cover.

X-Men First Class #1

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Defiance Industries posted:

Didn't Jean and Hank do that too?

I know Hank did, that's what led to him getting a job and developing the mutant serum that changed him all blue and fuzzy. (well, grey and fuzzy at first)

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Assassination Classroom, chapter 16. Right to left.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

DarkCrawler posted:

Once you've got a degree it's only another semester to get your teaching certificate, but I don't think even Hank has one.

Do any of them have just an undergrad degree? It seems like they all either have doctorates or nothing.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Has Deadpool actually killed a Nobel Prize winner?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Kitty has a Masters, I think? I'm pretty sure she's also the only teacher at Jean Grey that actually has a teacher's cert.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Once you've got a degree it's only another semester to get your teaching certificate, but I don't think even Hank has one.

Do any of them have just an undergrad degree? It seems like they all either have doctorates or nothing.

I think Erik's got his MMagnet

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Hakkesshu posted:

More Wolverine & The X-Men #19. I love the idea of Blade carrying around his own Edward doll to get angry with.

DarkCrawler posted:

This is the kind of stuff that belongs in the Q&A thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

Deadpool - Deadpool - Deadpool
Fire guy - Fire girl - Fire (mouth) guy
Animal, Gorilla - Animal, werewolf - Uh, normal teacher lady?

• Locked thread