Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

PTN, you still have the "Doesn't matter this turn" bit for enemy movement. I don't think that's been true for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Considering the overall campaign objectives, you guys oughta' keep in mind that keeping Wilberforce alive to return to Capellan space would be a major victory. With just what he's offered up so far, the guy is a goldmine of strategic intelligence.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.

Tran posted:

Considering the overall campaign objectives, you guys oughta' keep in mind that keeping Wilberforce alive to return to Capellan space would be a major victory. With just what he's offered up so far, the guy is a goldmine of strategic intelligence.

Assuming we win, there's a pretty good chance of that. He's in our clan assault with CASE, so I'm guessing only multiple headshots could possibly kill him. He could even survive a PPC to the face!

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Not an ERPPC though. 9 + 3 < 15 damage.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Scuttlebutt on the Google Docs thread shows that a few of us, myself included, live on the East Coast in the area that is expected to be or already affected by Hurricane Sandy. In the event that we disappear from the internet for a few days due to lack of power or internet, we'll be issuing orders for one another. Just wanted to leave a head's up.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

SageNytell posted:

Scuttlebutt on the Google Docs thread shows that a few of us, myself included, live on the East Coast in the area that is expected to be or already affected by Hurricane Sandy. In the event that we disappear from the internet for a few days due to lack of power or internet, we'll be issuing orders for one another. Just wanted to leave a head's up.

I am mercifully (in this case) not on the east coast anymore, so I am more than happy to perform such shenanigans if need be.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

SageNytell posted:

Scuttlebutt on the Google Docs thread shows that a few of us, myself included, live on the East Coast in the area that is expected to be or already affected by Hurricane Sandy.

Perfectly understandable, and if you guys have worked it out among yourselves that's fine. I won't kick anyone out for an Act of God, I promise (even if I do come across as a jerk in PMs sometimes).

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

For the record, I dearly love the reading of the Warrior books. Keep 'em coming!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

For the record, I complained a lot about putting a good 1/1 pilot in the Hussar, but I guess we didn't really have the option of swapping him out (based on a comment by PTN).

PTN: MRMs get a +1 to hit, right? Or is that gone now? It's making the Po better than it really is.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Leperflesh posted:

For the record, I complained a lot about putting a good 1/1 pilot in the Hussar, but I guess we didn't really have the option of swapping him out (based on a comment by PTN).

PTN: MRMs get a +1 to hit, right? Or is that gone now? It's making the Po better than it really is.

iLK removes that penalty. -1 + +1 = 0. Also now the po is fighting stuff that can't suck up 3 mrm-10s and laugh like those clan assaults last mission.

:black101: Fraction jackson is confident, thus clanners will die.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

iLK removes that penalty. -1 + +1 = 0. Also now the po is fighting stuff that can't suck up 3 mrm-10s and laugh like those clan assaults last mission.

:black101: Fraction jackson is confident, thus clanners will die.

PTN is granting the iLK -1 bonus but not the MRM +1 penalty.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Oh, right. Forgot about the penalty. It's still there, but it stands for this turn.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

I actually was wondering about that but I couldn't remember how you had MRM's working.

That said, I am confident, and if AK is right that apparently means I turn 9s to hit into 8s for a turn. I guess.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

PoptartsNinja posted:

Perfectly understandable, and if you guys have worked it out among yourselves that's fine. I won't kick anyone out for an Act of God, I promise (even if I do come across as a jerk in PMs sometimes).

Looks like enough info is being passed around the google doc that we shouldn't have any problems.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Good luck to the rest of you in Sandy's path. :patriot:

There's a higher chance than I'd like that it'll be making landfall almost on top of where I am, so I hope PTN isn't the one rolling for storm damage. :shepface:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
So what happens if you take a TAC in the head with Sandy?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Artificer posted:

So what happens if you take a TAC in the head with Sandy?

You get a Clan ER Tree to the face.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Now would be a really good time for some height 1 hills to park my car behind.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Zaodai posted:

You get a Clan ER Tree to the face.

Clan Trees only generate half as much heat when burnt, but travel 50% further than regular trees.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Clan jokes take half as much effort but run poo poo into the ground twice as fast.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Clan Trees only generate half as much heat when burnt, but travel 50% further than regular trees.

Wouldn't it be twice as much heat though?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Soylent Pudding posted:

Clan jokes take half as much effort but run poo poo into the ground twice as fast.

New thread title right here.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Soylent Pudding posted:

Hey, Halloween's coming up, why don't you go knock a bag of candy out of a kid's hand.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

TildeATH posted:

Hey, Halloween's coming up, why don't you go knock a bag of candy out of a kid's hand.

Too busy putting razor blades in candy.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Should be using Clan razor blades.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Should be using Clan razor blades.

Cuts twice as close and doesn't explode when exposed to water!

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Actually I use a star league era straight razor. Don't tell C*.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Soylent Pudding posted:

Actually I use a star league era straight razor. Don't tell C*.

ROM team is totally going to TP your house dude.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

My orders are in. I predict F2 will be an unhappy camper very soon.

Also, if by tonight we don't have orders in from people who got hit by the storm, we should decide who is responsible for compiling people's orders from the gdoc for those people and sending them in.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Clan onions covered in caramel.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
I'm still up, orders in.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Fraction Jackson posted:

Also, if by tonight we don't have orders in from people who got hit by the storm, we should decide who is responsible for compiling people's orders from the gdoc for those people and sending them in.

Pick someone to send in contingency orders and make sure I can easily see which orders are for which `Mech. If multiple people do, I'll just flip a coin/roll a dice as to which orders I actually use.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
My orders are in. Luckily we just got the very fringe of the hurricane.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Let’s Read Warrior: En Garde (part 11)

Book 2
Chapter 29
Pacifica (Chara III)
Isle of Skye, Lyran Commonwealth
15 April 3027

Hey, it’s the Kell Hounds! Yet again they’re sitting on their asses in the GI Joe Headquarters Playset base. And by that I mean we haven’t had a fight in forever so they’re running war games against Ardan Sortek’s Victor (piloted by Patrick Kell). Dan Allard bitches because Patrick tears Dan’s entire light lance a new collective rear end in a top hat with his AC/20 armed Assault `Mech. In a simulation.

A live simulation with real Battlemechs.

If you don’t see where I’m going with this: Patrick Death From Aboves one of Dan’s lancemates.

In a live simulation with real Battlemechs.

As in not in simulators or anything.

He also shoots Dan’s Valkyrie with a simulated Autocannon shot while it’s jumping, causing the computer to declare him dead and shut off his jump jets causing him to plummet 2-3 stories and take a goddamned pilot hit. Why? Because that’s just the kind of rear end in a top hat Patrick Kell is. No, seriously.

En Garde posted:

Dan smashed back against the rear wall of the cockpit so hard that it stunned him. Helpless as a turtle on its back, Dan lay sprawled and his `Mech faithfully imitated his nerveless body.

:ughh:

Anyway, do you remember the Kurita Panther subplot? Wherein House Kurita snuck a company of Panthers onto Pacifica in a move that even Cobra Commander would’ve considered idiotic? Well, guess what, the Kell Hounds know about it. And just like their GI Joe counterparts, they decide to do nothing and let House Kurita do whatever it is they’re planning on.

Oh, and Dan exposits that he doesn’t think the Kuritas are there to invade. They just want to murder the Kell Hounds in their sleep. Since he’s the viewpoint character for the chapter, that means this bit of random speculation is, depressingly, entirely correct. Suck it, Wolf’s Dragoons, House Kurita hated us first!

Anyway, their plotting to get themselves murdered by ninjas stand by and let the Kuritas do what they want stop the Kurita plans on Pacifica are cut short because someone is mustering out—but the Lyran Commonwealth is full of imbeciles and won’t let him do so until after the monthly supply dropship has already left. Their solution to this distraction? Defraud the Lyran Commonwealth!

They set the clocks forward a day and allow the man to muster out one day early.

Oh, and just so you are aware: THIS IS A MAJOR PLOT POINT.

It’s then made painfully obvious because we cut to the Kurita Death Assassin Ninja Panther Force waiting in the swamp and they are planning to launch their attack on the day that the Kell Hounds are skipping forward to in order to PERFECTLY SYNCHRONIZE with Yorinaga Kurita’s as-yet undetected attack!

‘Cause, y’know. Why end a chapter with even as much suspense as your average cliffhanger in Dominic Deegan?

Book 2
Chapter 30
Solaris VII (The Game World)
Rhaneshire, Lyran Commonwealth
20 April 3027

Justin is watching holorecordings of all of Gray Noton’s past fights. You remember Gray, right? He’s the guy who shot Justin’s arm off. Well, it turns out he did precisely the same thing in a gladiator fight on Solaris once and now Justin knows that Gray was the one who shot his arm off.

Justin then joins Gray in a hover limo and the two talk about Justin’s upcoming fight with Billy Wolfson’s Rifleman. The two strategize for a few minutes and because last chapter’s little extremely deadly training exercise wasn’t enough of a fight to keep people interesting, we then cut to Justin powering up Yen Lo Wang to go murder some poor idiot from the Federated Commonwealth. Anyway, he bumps into Billy’s rifleman straight away and Yen Lo Wang’s autocannon decides to jam.

CHAPTER OVER.

Book 2
Chapter 31
20 April 3027

Noton and Kym Sorensen are watching Justin fight together when Billy mirrors the same trick Gray Noton used to take Justin out the first time (i.e. reversing its arms to shoot him with guns). Noton then expresses, quite audibly, that he was the one who shot Justin out of his Valkyrie RIGHT IN FRONT OF MII5 (STEALTHY FOX) AGENT KYM SORENSEN. Whom Noton KNOWS is a Davion spy.

Rather than being shot with the Rifleman’s reversed autocannons, Justin donkey punches Billy Wolfson piercing the Rifleman’s rear armor and causing its ammo to blow up. Fight over.

Justin then goes full-on retard and pals around with Gray Noton as if he doesn’t know Gray was his would-be assassin. It’s a bizarre tonal shift and I’m really not sure what it is they were going for. Then the chapter ends.

Book 2
Chapter 31
20 April 3027

Kym Sorensen reports to her handlers that Gray Noton was the one who shot Justin out of his Valkyrie, using a Rifleman. She’s then told not to tell Justin but, SURPRISE, he catches her reporting because of Gray Noton, calls her a whore, and beats her up. `Cause y’know, it’s the far future of the Space Eighties and battery of women is just something antiheros do. Chapter over (it was only two pages long).

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Zikan just sent a note that he's without power and wants us to send his orders. We're looking it over now, should have them in soon. Is anyone else missing?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I do not have orders from: X5 X6 X7/X11 X10

So please send me contingency orders for all of them as soon as possible, and hopefully we'll get something from them in the interim.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

X6

Run to 0719

Fire both lasers and ac20 at F4. Switch to F3 if can't hit F4. If can't hit F3 fire all lasers that can hit at F2. Sorry - was out of town and asked for orders to be sent in.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

PoptartsNinja posted:

I rolled 10 sets of 4 dice. The number '6' came up 9 times (22%). Statistically, it should be at 16%. My sample size is too small to make any sort of judgement but from inferential experience I'd say a few of my dice are a bit unevenly balanced.
Late but, are you using chessex/GW small rounded-corner dice? If so, that explains it. They are hideously unbalanced. Great for Battletech.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nope, square corner. I'm not a fan of dice with rounded corners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

I do not have orders from: X5 X6 X7/X11 X10

So please send me contingency orders for all of them as soon as possible, and hopefully we'll get something from them in the interim.

You should have orders from X10, they should be in the same email as the orders from X3 since I am running both of them? I'm a little confused.

Edit: yeah, it's definitely in the same email. Would it be easier if I start putting them in separate emails so you can just see it in the subject line? I assume that's the cause of the confusion and I apologize if that's the case.

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 31, 2012

• Locked thread