Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
I have four flavors of Conference Call; fire, shock, corrosion, and slag. Is there an explosion one? Would love to add a nice level 50 one to my arsenal.

Also, are there any Unending Infinities with ridiculous fire rates? Mine is 8.0, though a siren I was playing online with last week had one that seemed to be firing three times faster than mine. Never got to see the stats for it, nor am I familiar with the siren character skill trees/mods/relics.

[edit] Also, an idea for a relic, perhaps. Equipped, it gives your more backpack space. Un-equiping or dropping it when your backpack is full will cause random items to drop to reduce the backpack to normal capacity. Put it in your bank, it turns it into a twink bank. You know... so you can twink items between your characters. [/edit]

DominusDeus fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

DominusDeus posted:

Also, are there any Unending Infinities with ridiculous fire rates? Mine is 8.0, though a siren I was playing online with last week had one that seemed to be firing three times faster than mine. Never got to see the stats for it, nor am I familiar with the siren character skill trees/mods/relics.

Probably just wreck + sheriff's badge. Wreck is my favorite siren skill, bonus damage and just under double fire rate with a class mod pumping it :allears:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Once people are reaching level 50 are they just going around and collecting level 50 versions of all their favorite weapons, or what?

Pretty much. I fell in love with SMGs towards the end of TVHM so I'm collecting a set of legendary SMGs hopefully with elemental prefixes. Hellfire comes with fire base and shreds things that aren't resistant so fire was easy. All the ones with less than ideal prefixes go in the bank to greet my alts when they hit 50.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
I am getting compleely waffle-stomped by Leviathan in PT1. Are there any Goons on that could help me with this, either at the same level or one of the PT2 hard-bodies?

360 tag is Nomnom1975

[edit] Hell, even someone standing around laughing at my stupid rear end getting repeatedly face-raped would be useful, so the few hits I DO make don't disappear when I die.

[editx2] nevermind... Apparently I was just being terrible at video games. Killed him.

drill press corps fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 29, 2012

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

DominusDeus posted:

I have four flavors of Conference Call; fire, shock, corrosion, and slag. Is there an explosion one? Would love to add a nice level 50 one to my arsenal.

[edit] Also, an idea for a relic, perhaps. Equipped, it gives your more backpack space. Un-equiping or dropping it when your backpack is full will cause random items to drop to reduce the backpack to normal capacity. Put it in your bank, it turns it into a twink bank. You know... so you can twink items between your characters. [/edit]
Probably won't be an explosive CC since it's not Torgue but holy poo poo. I knew fire and shock CC's exist, but I had no idea a slag CC does.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Poala Bear posted:

I was curious about that and didn't accept the quest in TVHM until I had Eridium Blight access. Demong, King Mong, and Donkey Mong don't get name changes but its hilarious to see a "Super Badass Bonerfart" throwing rocks at you.
They really dropped the ball by not calling badasses "Napoleon Bonerfart."

e: Against ION loaders, longbow grenades teleport through the shield. Use those.

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Caution to avoid damaging game info saved, hold in reset button as you turn power off.
So I signed up for Shift the other day when all of these codes were going out, and noticed the next day that I got the Badass Rank reset bug. 4000+ badass rank down the drain, and I can't redo those challenges. Is the patch in effect yet to clear your challenges from a character once you've done 80% of them?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

The Rokstar posted:

They really dropped the ball by not calling badasses "Napoleon Bonerfart."

e: Against ION loaders, longbow grenades teleport through the shield. Use those.

Singularity grenades pull them out of shield mode, not sure about Phaselock convergence though.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Anybody wanna help me farm for Jimmy Jenkins? I'm at the correct part of the Animal Exploitation Preserve, and the correct part of the quest "Doctor's Orders" he just doesn't want to spawn when you run it solo.

I can give you any legendary in the game in return for helping me. GT ColColonCologne (also post on here that you're getting on, I'm taking a break for a bit)

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Probably won't be an explosive CC since it's not Torgue but holy poo poo. I knew fire and shock CC's exist, but I had no idea a slag CC does.

Here is my Unending Infinity and CCs:

[edit] forgot to take a pic of the shock. But you get the idea... [/edit]

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

RagingBoner posted:

Anybody wanna help me farm for Jimmy Jenkins? I'm at the correct part of the Animal Exploitation Preserve, and the correct part of the quest "Doctor's Orders" he just doesn't want to spawn when you run it solo.

I can give you any legendary in the game in return for helping me. GT ColColonCologne (also post on here that you're getting on, I'm taking a break for a bit)

I would be willing to give a hand. GT is xyretire. Will add you in a minute. I'm going to go for a smoke but will leave my game at the main menu. Just shoot me an invite when you're ready.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
If you want to make it faster, just run back to the Natural Selection Annex (provided you have that) before you save and quit. Only have to fight through a couple rooms that way. He spawned on the second round of boxes for me, so he does show up in SP.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Xyretire posted:

I would be willing to give a hand. GT is xyretire. Will add you in a minute. I'm going to go for a smoke but will leave my game at the main menu. Just shoot me an invite when you're ready.

Thank you sir!

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

If you want to make it faster, just run back to the Natural Selection Annex (provided you have that) before you save and quit. Only have to fight through a couple rooms that way. He spawned on the second round of boxes for me, so he does show up in SP.

Yeah, I'm doing that and have been doing that for over an hour... I'm just unlucky.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

RagingBoner posted:

Thank you sir!

Yeah, I'm doing that and have been doing that for over an hour... I'm just unlucky.

I must have killed The Warrior a couple of hundred times now and all I have to show for it is a Flakker. Then I hear about people getting 2 Conference Calls in 10 runs. :(

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a shortcut to the Warrior after you complete the end quest or do you have to go all the way through Hero's Pass every time?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

The Rokstar posted:

Is there a shortcut to the Warrior after you complete the end quest or do you have to go all the way through Hero's Pass every time?

I read you could just save and quit and then reload in the Vault after beating him and he will respawn. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Is there a recommended level to start TVHM? I'm about half-way through 34 and have sort of finished the game. My completion of the story missions is kind of glitchy between single and multi play.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Save and Quit/Restart after you beat him. You'll start by the vending machines. You have to fight through Hero's Pass each time you initially go to fight him but as long as you just keep restarting in his area you're good.

Glug_Glug
Feb 17, 2011

jackofarcades posted:

"Bonerfarts" isn't funny. "Bonertoots" is loving hilarious, and I love the fact that one of the funnier things in the game is a throwaway joke someone might never see.

I'll agree with this. Bonertoots gives me a slight giggle.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Thanks for the Jenkins farming guys!

The weapon challenge unlocks are masochistic, though :(

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
I'm looking for a Siren mod with a good bonus to Sweet Release, because that is how I stay alive. Yet in 50+ hours I've only found two, both of them at low character levels. Meanwhile every other drop is a Siren class mod for SMGs or shields or corrosion damage. Am I unlucky? Is the mod I want particularly rare?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Draile posted:

I'm looking for a Siren mod with a good bonus to Sweet Release, because that is how I stay alive. Yet in 50+ hours I've only found two, both of them at low character levels. Meanwhile every other drop is a Siren class mod for SMGs or shields or corrosion damage. Am I unlucky? Is the mod I want particularly rare?

I have one with a plus 6. I'm on Xbox right now, GT ColColonCologne

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Draile posted:

That's weird, nurse mods definitely aren't rare

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Draile posted:

At a glance it appears to only come on Health Regen or Slayer mods.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Class_Mod

Found that kind of handy for figuring out which skills to expect on which class mods.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Glugivore posted:

I'll agree with this. Bonertoots gives me a slight giggle.
At least your sense of humor isn't completely broken! It really is okay to laugh at lowbrow stuff; no one's going to take away your intelligent person card or anything.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

I can kind of sympathize with the guy saying "Bonerfarts" isn't funny. In the context of the game, sure, it can be funny. But that character who won't stop spewing out of his mouth, fedora, smug, seems to be missing a bag of cheetos... I never liked him from the get go.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Save and Quit/Restart after you beat him. You'll start by the vending machines. You have to fight through Hero's Pass each time you initially go to fight him but as long as you just keep restarting in his area you're good.

Whenever I want to farm him I run straight through Hero's Pass in Normal difficulty and exit and restart inside his lair in TVHM. Saves a bit of time being able to ignore everything in the Pass. You can do this with BN3KR the first time too if you don't feel like messing with the Badass Constructor 2.0

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Green Puddin posted:

I can kind of sympathize with the guy saying "Bonerfarts" isn't funny. In the context of the game, sure, it can be funny. But that character who won't stop spewing out of his mouth, fedora, smug, seems to be missing a bag of cheetos... I never liked him from the get go.

Which character are you talking about? I can't think of any fedora wearing neckbeards who throw up a lot in the game.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Edit: Beaten but yeah, that^^^

The who with the what now?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is he talking about Sir Hammerlock? Surely not, but his hat is the closest I think to a fedora besides maybe the Marshall of Sanctuary who's lazy as poo poo.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
His hat doesn't even begin to be a Fedora.

Fedora.

Sir Hammerlock (and his hat)

Also, what's the point of saying "in the context of the game Bonerfarts can be funny?" We're discussing the game. What other context would we be applying? Did you think I was just advocating going up to random people and saying "Bonerfarts," or just dropping the ol "BF-bomb" into random conversation? Because thanks to you, I am now! :haw:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Lotish posted:

Is he talking about Sir Hammerlock? Surely not, but his hat is the closest I think to a fedora besides maybe the Marshall of Sanctuary who's lazy as poo poo.

I wondered that, but Sir Hammerlock's slouch hat is only really close to a fedora in the sense that it is a hat. And he doesn't spew a lot. If he meant that he spews the word bonerfart out of his mouth a lot, he only says that three times, in a total of two sentences. And while he's definitely smug, I'm not sure how you could see a stereotypical posh englishman straight out of a 19th century african safari and think "yeah all that guy is missing is a bag of cheetos". I mean I don't think they had even invented cheetos in the 19th century, to say nothing of whether they were a popular snack food for british imperialists in Kenya.

EDIT: and if they did they'd be called Wotsits anyway!

Reveilled fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 29, 2012

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

His hat doesn't even begin to be a Fedora.

Looking through those images reminded me: How are the hat Indiana Jones wears and the hat Notch is frequently seen in considered the same hat? To my eyes they look nothing alike. Apart from having brims that go all the way around. Is that the defining characteristic?

I'd post examples but imgur is being retarded.

Lofidelity Media
Nov 4, 2004

"Its a Strange World...Let's keep it that way."
Beat Normal mode on Sunday while recovering from a Halloween party hangover and then proceded to try and farm up a Conference Call for the rest of the day.

Well. I killed the Warrior enough that I no longer notice killing him making any kind of dent in my xp bar.

I think that is God's way of telling me to move onto TVHM.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
LAN party over the weekend took my second character (Gunzerker) through TVHM and got him to 50, then one of my buddies and I did some Flesh-Stick boosting so now I have a 50 Commando, Gunzerker, and Assassin and he has a 50 Gunzerker and Mechromancer.

On top of that my Assassin has a great set of gear for Bloodshed. Inflammable Order, a Slagged Captain Blade's rapier, Slick Law, Love Thumper. All level 50 versions. I think I'm really going to like TVHM with Assassin. :black101:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Lofidelity Media posted:

Well. I killed the Warrior enough that I no longer notice killing him making any kind of dent in my xp bar.

I think that is God's way of telling me to move onto TVHM.
Think about how you'd feel around the time you leveled up for the second or third time in TVHM and that Conference Call wasn't making any kind of dent in the enemies' health bars. Be glad you didn't get one!

Glug_Glug
Feb 17, 2011
Speaking of Hammerlock, I never found him particularly funny. He kinda failed as a character for me, even past the whole bonerfart thing. I wonder if anyone has ever said bonerfart in all of history before BL2? Maybe that was the point. If so, Bravo Gearbox. The spell correcter here on something awful suggest I might mean to type bonaparte. For some reason, that is hilarious to me.

In a fight, I think I heard a bandit yell out "I'm the one who knocks!". I might have misheard it, anyone else hear that?

AxemRed
Nov 7, 2011

Think about how you'd feel around the time you leveled up for the second or third time in TVHM and that Conference Call wasn't making any kind of dent in the enemies' health bars. Be glad you didn't get one!

People use the Conference Call for something other than farming bosses?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What's so good about the Conference Call relative to other shotguns? Is it high firing rate/single shell at a time or low/multiple?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's so good about the Conference Call relative to other shotguns? Is it high firing rate/single shell at a time or low/multiple?

It's a Hyperion shotgun with a huge amount of pellets thanks to its special effect. Combined with the Bee, which adds 50k to each pellet, and you can melt the Warrior in one clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's the effect it has that pretty much devastates anything caught in it. I actually got it the very first time I killed the warrior and had to toss it since it was doing piss poor damage in TVHM and haven't gotten one since.

• Locked thread