Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

cbx posted:

EC Injury Update #2

Dan Wheeler - Philadelphia Failures - 252 days (season ending)

Oh no. :geno:

Keep Jon Lester up instead of sending him down when Saltalamacchia is healthy. DL Wheeler instead.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

In years to come, stories were told among the local villages about a burning iceberg wandering the Barents Sea, always barely visible on the horizon, with ethereal, haunting cries of "save!" echoing across the lonely floes, the distant crack of the bat resounding off the walls of the fjords.

These were among the more cheerful Russian folk stories in existence.

Reardon back to closer, Orosco up to short relief; Hoyt in for Willis.

The Postmodernists request the Office of the Commissar refer to Joe Kelley in any further derisive comparisons as "Hall of Famer Joe Kelley."

I invite IceMole to trade me Valenzuela/Falkenberg/Cedeno for Bonds.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

I almost have a full five-man rotation again for the first time in about a month. Meaning no more Vance! At least until Maddux and Glavine both go down next week, anyway. Skip Vance's next start. As of when Matlack is healthy, bring him up for Lyle. Matlack goes to SP5, Vance to long relief. At the same time, return my pitch through trouble/rack up high pitch count sliders to +4, because this starting pitching experience was fun and I'd like to try and induce it again.

Also, bring up Gamble for '07 Dunn, and platoon him with Ordonez in RF again.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

cbx posted:

Don't worry. If I really wanted to mess with ya, they'd both be Out for Season. ;)

I don't manipulate injuries past the 6 day date though. And I don't have any personal vendettas vs. anyone. If I did, the Woodchucks would all be dead. (JUST KIDDING BRUISER)

I was joking, no worries. :shobon:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

cbx posted:

EC Injury Update #2
Steve Carlton - New Orleans Mashers - 33 days

aggggggggggggg

If Felix is back, put him back in the rotation, DL Carlton, put Shane Reynolds in at 4th starter, and keep Briles as 5th starter

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

quote:

Analysis

Back to .500! Detective Don Slaught will not let this case/season go!

He deserves a reward for his lonely, hard work in finding the answers in those sordid, dark corners of San Fran bars the League.

Add Slaught as personal catcher for Sal "The Barber" Maglie, because that seems thematically appropriate.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Expansion Cup VII - May

:siren: EVERYBODY READ THIS!!! :siren:

As we get deeper into the season, fatigue becomes more and more of an issue. As players fatigue, they become ineffective, and more likely to get hurt. Many of you have players that have (tired) or (sore) next to their names. A tired player will usually return to full health with a day or two off; you can get by with platooning him for a while, and he'll be fine. A sore player, however, needs at least a week of rest to get back into shape; you should consider benching him or sending him down to the minors for a month.

Remember: During the actual Super League, you'll be able to make lineup changes on a week-to-week, rather than month-to-month, basis.

Games of the Week

quote:

SPOONERS GUN DOWN BARONS IN WILD SHOOTOUT

Usually, when you lead 7-2 after two innings and 10-4 after four, holding onto the victory is pretty easy. That was not the case for the Oneida Spooners on this Memorial Day afternoon.

"Yep, this was a close'un," UZworm said, spitting tobacco juice in the vicinity of a nearby trash bucket, "But we got to 'em in the end, there, and that's what counts."

The Spooners allowed Providence to close the gap to one, as the Barons chipped away at Oneida starter Paul Splittorff and reliever Bruce Ruffin. Bert Cole was finally able to control the Barons' offense in the final three innings, and Oneida added three insurance runs off of Dennis Eckersley to seal the game away.

"Well you know, I thought I had some real grease on my cheddar there, you know," Eckersley said after the game. "Threw that little spinner to Porter, didn't spin too good, then that old horse Manush got the better of me too. But hey, guy's gotta get his iron, you know, don't matter if he gets tarred and feathered or fawned by feather dancers."

When reached for comment, an interpreter assured us that Eckersley's comments were, in fact, in English.

quote:

UTTERLY PREDICTABLE DEFEAT BEFALLS PESSIMISTS YET AGAIN AS TECHNOCRACY CONTINUES INEXORABLE MARCH TOWARD GLOBAL DOMINATION

For the nineteenth time this season, though certainly not the last, the Albany Pessimists felt the familiar, bitter taste of defeat, this time at the hands of the Web 2.0 Bloggers.

Though for a brief moment it appeared that the Pessimists would avoid defeat's cold clutches on this Thursday evening, it was not to be. The six runs they scored off of Mickey Lolich weren't enough to stop the Bloggers from taking the lead by the end of the fifth, and though they managed to tie the game before regulation ended, the extra inning served only to extend the wait and prolong the inevitable.

"Failure is natural," Luis Aparicio said as he sat in front of his locker room after the game. "Look at me. I hit a grand slam today, but I also made four outs and committed an error. Everything we do is terrible. Nothing is good enough. What's the point?"

Craig Lefferts, who surrendered the Bloggers' winning run in the bottom of the tenth, was unavailable for comment. At press time, he was last seen holding a steak knife to his wrist, muttering to himself "I should, but I won't...I should, but I won't..."

quote:

GLORIOUS COMMUNISM TRIUMPHS OVER SHODDY AMERICAN MACHINERY

Though they were far from home and forced to compete under filthy capitalist conditions, the right and virtuous Cleveland Commies showed their superiority by humiliating the Spokane Air Raids, 10-0. The victory was as brutal and efficient as all great Communist systems, with every part of the collective working as one to produce the greatest result for all.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need," Czar Faustoan Bargain was quoted as saying in his office. "That is the lesson given to us by the Manifesto, and that is what I have instilled in this team."

There were, indeed, contributions made by nearly every member of the Commies' roster. Six different starters had a hit, and seven scored at least one run. In addition, pitchers Jordan Zimmermann and Edwin Jackson showed the dominance of Communist training, holding the pathetic Air Raid hitters without a single run.

Unfortunately, there were some members of the proletariat who were not so welcoming of the Communist ideology.

"Comrade Alexei [Ramirez] continues to disappoint," Czar Bargain said. "Given his name, I thought he would be a natural ally to what we are trying to do. But, I saw him reading The Fountainhead the other day." Czar Bargain shared a meaningful glance with the assembled media before adding, "He will be dealt with."

quote:

FLYING DUTCHMEN WEATHER THE STORM, UPEND TORNADOS

[Content of article lost; reporter swallowed up by megastorm]

Numbers!!!

Catalina 2 Fish, 1 Bubble

You appear to have four really good starting pitchers. The rest...well...

Spokane Air Raids

Remember last month, when I said your pitching would probably get better? Well, it didn't. But I still think it probably will.

New England Arguments

Nomar will get better. You need to find a catcher and like a dozen pitchers, though.

Providence Barons

Your pitchers have been just decent enough to keep you afloat thus far, but I don't think it can continue.

Web 2.0 Bloggers BETA

You only have four good hitters, but at least you're smart enough to bat them 1-4.

Cleveland Commies

Playing Alexei Ramirez over Brian Roberts might have made some sense when you tried it, but it makes no sense to continue doing so.

Florida Dickshots

Well, Cal Ripken's batting .268, so he's off to a bit of a slow sta--wait, that's his OBP? Jesus.

San Juan Elephants

The bad news is that Joe Torre's sore and needs time off. The worse news is that Joe Torre is like your second-best hitter. Wow.

Philadelphia Failures

Kevin Youkilis can't stay healthy or hit well if he's playing third, and Carl Crawford sucks and got hurt. Some things never change.

Flushing Flying Dutchmen

You have two very obvious weak spots, one of which will probably get better. So that's good.

New Orleans Mashers

I'm kinda sad that Carl Everett will never be in the Super League. Smasher would have a field day with him. (Seriously, don't take Carl Everett into the Super League.)

Albany Pessimists

Bob Brenly might be an alright manager, but he shouldn't be your catcher if you want to go anywhere.

Cuba Smokers

Why isn't JD Drew better? I want JD Drew to be better. :(

Norfolk Splinter Cells

cbx just sent me this; he didn't include the individual stats. It's better that you don't see them.

Oneida Spooners

Having two guys with over-.400 OBPs at the top of your order covers up a lot of faults, mainly in the pitching staff.

Seattle Suicides

You have Babe Ruth, playing like Babe Ruth, and you still suck. That's incredible.

Venice Beach Surf

See now this is the Carl Crawford that I thought the Red Sox were signing.

Cancun Tornados

Mike Magnante isn't this good. The rest of your pitchers, though? They just might be.

Hartford Whalers

Bernie Williams is your cleanup hitter. That's not...you know...good.

Wausau Woodchucks

Maybe it's good that the Mooglies and Superstars are doomed. If they weren't, it would feel much worse when Smasher killed them for this.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
On the one hand, I am glad the next update's up. On the other hand, The Goog referred to the leader of a communist organization as 'czar'. Perhaps, if I am being kind, The Goog is simply ignorant.

But I doubt that, I believe that The Goog is making a provocative statement that conflates the excesses of Marxism-Leninism with the Imperialist regime that it overthrew. This is not a novel argument, of course, dating back in literature to at least Orwell's Animal Farm, where Napoleon, the allegorical counterpart to Stalin, is ultimately seen adopting the same mannerisms and style of dress as those characters that represent the oppressive and callous leaders of capitalist nations.

But, people of the thread, no matter how much The Goog, black-hearted capitalist that he is, wishes to invite the comparison, the dream of a stateless society where workers own the means of productions will survive even this latest slander.

Workers of the world, unite!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Well, time for a shakeup. New lineup, vs both lefties and righties. Send Joe Torre down to the minors for a month.

#1 Joe Ferguson, CF
#2 Davey Lopes, C
#3 Felipe Alou, SS
#4 Denis Menke, RF
#5 Jimmy Wynn, 3B
#7 Steve Garvey, 2B
#8 Joe Carter, LF

Rotation

SP #1 Clay Carroll
SP #2 Dr. Mike Marshall
SP #3 Ron Reed
SP #4 Larry Andersen
SP #5 Jim Kern

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Well everything is going pretty well for me all things considered. Old Wade Boggs is playing out of his mind for me which is better then what I could have ever hoped for, Schmidt is mashing taters, and our rotation has been solid. Also by some grace of god, Dave Cash has not been awful, which is borderline amazing. 3rd best record in the league two months in is much better then what I was expecting.

Unfortunately we are in the same division as the Splinter Cells, who have apparently gone the Kyle Lohse route and made a deal with the devil for elite baseball skills. If we are going to close the gap a bit, we are going to have to make a few adjustments. First things first, we gotta do something about Bernie, he is not getting on base and he is not hitting for contact, it might be time to bench...

cbx posted:

Garry Maddox - Hartford Whalers - 35 days

...gently caress. Well that came at a bad time. Drop Maddox to the DL, and call up Randy Valverde. Murcer being sore also is worrying, but it is only the EC, and I am willing to gamble on him. But to be safe I am going to platoon him at DH for the month. My new outfield is going to be as follows:

LF: Roy White
CF: Bernie Williams
RF: Paul O'Neill

And my DH platoon:
RHP: Bobby Mercer
LHP: Greg Luzinski

As for the infield, less needs to be changed, but it is clear that Derek Jeter is not ready to be a full time SS. So I am going to go ahead and platoon him with Larry Bowa for the next month and see what happens.

My batting order should now be as follows:

RHP
1: Wade Boggs
2: Roy White
3: Bobby Mercer
4: Paul O'Neill
5: Mike Schmidt
6: Dave Cash
7: Thurman Munson
8: Bernie Williams
9: Larry Bowa

LHP
1: Wade Boggs
2: Roy White
3: Greg Luzinski
4: Mike Schmidt
5: Paul O'Neill
6: Derek Jeter
7: Dave Cash
8: Thurman Munson
9: Bernie Williams

Pitching should remain untouched.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 30, 2012

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

We're going to shuffle things a bit, too.

Lineup vs RHP
SS Wagner
CF Lynn
LF Musial
DH J. Rice
1B Yastrzemski
C Fisk
RF Slaughter
3B Bell
2B Schoendiest

Lineup vs LHP
SS Wagner
CF Wilson
LF Musial
DH J. Rice
1B Yastrzemski
C D. Rice
RF Evans
3B Bell
2B Hemus

Pitching
SP1 Adams
SP2 Cooper
SP3 Leifield
SP4 Torrez
SP5 O'Toole

CL Campbell
SU Eckersley
SR Stanley
SR Hassler
MR Drago
MR Hendrix
LR Camnitz

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I'm hoping that Tiant isn't actually injured and he can play through it.

I can't risk yet another injury so Goose goes to the bench while Finley plays LF for a bit. Going to drop Santo to the six hole on the batting order, Cano to third, and Finley to wherever Cano was.

:negative: Please don't get injured.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

My tanking strategy is working perfectly, that's what I'm doing yep

Rest Tim Raines, replace him with Ken Singleton

edit: also, my new lineup doesn't seem to have been put in :shobon:

Monicro posted:

New Lineup:

1. Andre Dawson CF
2. Tim Raines 2B
3. Eddie Murray 1B
4. Billy Williams LF
5. Gary Carter C
6. Ron Santo 3B
7. Johnny Mize DH
8. Cal Ripken SS
9. Ken Singleton RF

Monicro fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 30, 2012

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Quite frankly, the fact that the Spooners have a winning record at all is a miracle considering the hilariously bad pitching staff I assembled.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

mks5000 posted:

Unfortunately we are in the same division as the Splinter Cells, who have apparently gone the Kyle Lohse route and made a deal with the devil for elite baseball skills. If we are going to close the gap a bit, we are going to have to make a few adjustments. First things first, we gotta do something about Bernie, he is not getting on base and he is not hitting for contact, it might be time to bench...

The splinter cells are a filler team - I'd be optimistic that CBX will zero out their wins so they don't get into the playoffs.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...
We are confident that Comrade Goog was not slanderously implying a lineage from Ohio imperialism and simply misspoke. If I am incorrect... measures shall be taken. :ussr:

New Titanic deck arrangements lineups, wherein my lack of faith in pre-2005 Brian Roberts starts to fade in face of the evidence that Mogul thinks 2011 was the end for Werth:

vs RHP
1. Brian Roberts 2B
2. Bryce Harper CF
3. Paul Konerko 1B
4. Roberto Clemente RF
5. Melvin Mora DH
6. Ryan Zimmerman 3B
7. Willie Stargell LF
8. Miguel Tejada SS
9. Javy Lopez C

vs LHP
1. Brian Roberts 2B
2. Melvin Mora DH
3. Paul Konerko 1B
4. Roberto Clemente RF
5. Ryan Zimmerman 3B
6. Miguel Tejada SS
7. Mike Morse LF
8. Javy Lopez C
9. Jayson Werth CF

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

:laffo: worst team in existence with Babe Ruth, as expected

New lineups until Pudge gets back or something Jesus Christ

1. 2006 Placido Palanco, 2B
2. 1999 Jonny Damon, LF
3. 1999 Mike Sweeney, 1B
4. 1918 Babe Ruth, RF
5. 1999 Jermaine Dye, DH
6. 2006 Brandon Inge, 3B
7. 1999 Carlos Beltran, CF
8. 2006 Carlos Guillen, SS
9. 1999 Chad Krueter holy loving poo poo this may be the worst thing ever, C

Pitching Rotation: 1. 1918 Carl Mays
2. 1918 Bullet Joe Bush
3. 2006 Justin Verlander
4. 1918 Dutch Leonard
5. 1999 Kevin Appier

who the gently caress is Joe Allen. if he's a real person, move Joe Allen to the bullpen until Nate Robertson comes off the DL, and put him in Long Relief. Also, if I could get some help with this soreness issue with Guillen and Sweeney, that'd be awesome

why the gently caress did I leave Ordonez off my 28-man roster. my pitching situation would still be the worst thing ever but at least Sweeney being sore wouldn't be an issue. I have so many problems that even getting first pick in the dispersal draft would barely help

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Pungry posted:

6. 2006 Brandon Inge, 3B

STOP PUTTING BRANDON INGE AT 3B!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

vs. Righties

C Bresnahan
SS Sewell
1B Kelley
RF Snider
CF Speaker
2B Cronin
3B Robinson
LF Johnson

vs. Lefties

LF Kelley
CF Speaker
2B Stephenson
1B Hodges
C Campanella
SS Cronin
3B Robinson
RF Selbach

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

STOP PUTTING BRANDON INGE AT 3B!

But Joe Randa is sore and I have no other backup infielders. What am I supposed to do then?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Pungry posted:

But Joe Randa is sore and I have no other backup infielders. What am I supposed to do then?

Even putting Giambi at 3B and Sweeney at 1B would probably be better.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Why is Jeremy Giambi a better 3rd baseman than Brandon Inge? What makes Inge so godawful? He was pretty good in 2006!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Pungry posted:

Why is Jeremy Giambi a better 3rd baseman than Brandon Inge? What makes Inge so godawful? He was pretty good in 2006!

Oh, that's right, you have Jeremy Giambi, not Jason Giambi.

Okay, I think I know what your first dispersal draft pick should be now.

IceMole
Aug 1, 2009

NotThatSamBeckett posted:

I invite IceMole to trade me Valenzuela/Falkenberg/Cedeno for Bonds.

Since you leave which Falkenberg open to interpretation, I'll assume the '03 one and accept.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

IceMole posted:

Since you leave which Falkenberg open to interpretation, I'll assume the '03 one and accept.

Trade approved!

Fernando Valenzuela has been freed! Time to move onto my next cause...

Free Billy Herman!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
It would be pretty rad if the EC could get standings along with their scores, not sayin' just sayin'.

e: Injury/tiredness lineups!

vs RHP
C Bill Freehan
1B George Grantham
LF Boog Powell
?F Kirby Puckett
?F Lenny Dykstra
2B Dick McAuliffe
SS Luis Aparicio
3B Brooks Robinson
P

vs LHP
C Bill Freehan
LF Barry Bonds
3B Brooks Robinson
?F Kirby Puckett
1B George Grantham
?F Lenny Dykstra
SS Luis Aparicio
2B Freddy Sanchez
P

Instructions
- I listed Puckett and Dykstra as ?F. Please either use your judgement as to which should be CF and which RF, or tell me their defensive ratings so I can figure it out.
- Make Ernie Lombardi personal catcher for Milt Pappas and Red Lucas.
- Once Bonds is rested, make the 3-5 hitters vs RHP Dykstra-Bonds-Puckett
- Once Herman is healthy (and presumably not tired), put my OF back to Bonds-Puckett-Herman. Against RHP, he should hit 2nd behind Grantham, dropping Freehan to 5th and moving Puckett to 3rd. Against LHP he should hit 5th between Puckett and Grantham.
- Once Hrbek is healthy, put him at 1B against RHP and move Grantham back to 2B. Bat him 6th where McAuliffe currently sits.
- It would be cool if, when you reorganize me for guys coming back from injury, you could see if Barrold is tired. If so, let Dykstra hit for him against RHP for a week, swapping him with Puckett in the order.

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 30, 2012

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Well it's not like I didn't know pitching was going to be a problem. HELP!

Important Roster Stuff:

Take Jim Bouton out and shoot him. Let Derek Lowe take his place :ohdear:

It's Hatteberg Time! Lets see just how bad Hatteberg will stink up the place. Swap Hatteberg in for Howard as day-to-day catcher. Howard becomes Whitey Ford's personal catcher, and plays versus lefties. :ohdear:

And, ugh, 3B. Valentin needs a week off...so please put Malzone in for him for 7 games, then platoon them if possible:- 4 games Valentin : 2 Malzone. :gonk:

Hitting Order vs RHP:

1. Stirnweiss 2B
2. Garciaparra SS
3. Williams DH
4. Mantle CF
5. Vaughn 1B
6. Maris RF
7. Keller LF
8. Hatteberg C
9. Malzone 3B may God have mercy on him and us all, at least until Valentin recovers.

Vs LHP:

1. Stirnweiss 2B
2. Garciaparra SS
3. Williams DH
4. Mantle CF
5. Vaughn 1B
6. Maris RF
7. Keller LF
8. Howard C
9. Malzone 3B (until the glorious return of John Valentin)

And for the love of the tiny baby Jesus, somebody trade me a pitcher...

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
I included the standings with the screenshots I sent to Goog, not sure why they're not posted. I'll see if I can get them up myself but a lot of sites are down for me today. Probably that Sandy chick's fault.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Well, I think I was in completely over my head when I decided to enter this league. I have absolutely no idea as to what I'm doing, and my personal life has taken a strange turn.

cbx, Smasher, I am seriously considering dropping out of the league. I think I should take my time and research things like stats/strategies/whatever, and maybe try entering when the next expansion sign-up occurs. I'm really sorry about this, but I think I wasn't ready. Again, I'm sorry for any trouble this may cause.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Let's alter my vs RHP lineup to give Cronin/Big Hurt some extra rest this week.

vs RHP
LF Speaker
2B Rose
RF Robinson
CF Charleston
1B Youkilis
C Torre/Martinez
3B Ventura
SS Tejada
P Pitcher

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

Yikes. Ok, with the pitching injuries, make Livan Hernandez and Danny Haren starters, call up Putz and Walden and have them in the bullpen

As for lineups:

Vs. RHP:

RF Gerarldo Parra
2B Jeff Kent
DH Barry Bonds
1B Albert Pujols
LF Ellis Burks
C Miguel Montero
CF Torii Hunter
3B Mark Trumbo
SS Rich Aurelia

Vs. LHP

CF Mike Trout
2B Jeff Kent
DH Barry Bonds
1B Albert Pujols
LF Ellis Burks
RF Justin Upton
C Bobby Estallella
3B Ryan Roberts
SS Rich Aurelia

That should help with the fatigue a bit, hopefully.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

cbx posted:

I included the standings with the screenshots I sent to Goog, not sure why they're not posted. I'll see if I can get them up myself but a lot of sites are down for me today. Probably that Sandy chick's fault.

drat it. I knew I forgot to do something.

This early in the season, every team still has some semblance of a chance to compete. Laissez Faire Division, remember that the Splinter Cells are skewing your standings really hard, but also remember that they're the kind of team you're going to be up against when this is all for real.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I definitely did not expect to have the second-best team ERA after two months, holy crap. I guess having 2.5 elite defensive infielders is kinda helpful, even when they can't hit.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Well, I think I was in completely over my head when I decided to enter this league. I have absolutely no idea as to what I'm doing, and my personal life has taken a strange turn.

cbx, Smasher, I am seriously considering dropping out of the league. I think I should take my time and research things like stats/strategies/whatever, and maybe try entering when the next expansion sign-up occurs. I'm really sorry about this, but I think I wasn't ready. Again, I'm sorry for any trouble this may cause.

If it's a personal issue, then I understand, because a fantasy fantasy baseball league should run about 815th in your list of priorities.

But if you're just feeling outclassed, don't be. The Super-League really doesn't require that much knowledge of baseball. I mean, yes, you look at someone like CthulhuDreams, who is some sort of sentient spreadsheet, and you think 'wow, that guy really knows what he's doing...except about Riggs Stephenson, I'm not sure what that's about', but most owners aren't like that.

The Pessimists are currently running over .500. That says to me that you have a better idea of what you're doing than half of the owners.

Dynamo League Week 19 Injury Report

No new champions

Burma Imperialists
Placido Polanco (IF) (That's right! Another injury to a middle infielder! You'll play Matt Williams at SS whether you like it our not! Laugh with me!) - 11 days

Lombard St. Gumshoes
Rickey Henderson (LF) (Detective Don Slaught took another drag off of his cigarette. He knew the how, he knew the who, he knew the where and the when and what....but one question nagged at him...why would Harold Baines, a respectable outfielder, break Rickey Henderson's back with a crowbar? This was going to be one hell of a case...) - Out for Season

Old Hoss Radbourns
Goose Gossage (RP) (You try living in Raleigh during the heat of the summer with no air conditioning!) - 10 days

Polyarny Postmodernists
Rick Reuschel (SP) (They thought they were done with Denny Rainwater forever...) - 20 days
Jesse Orosco (RP) (They were wrong...dead wrong...) - 11 days

Portland Bulldogs
Mark McGwire (1B) (So, which one of these new owners is your alt account this time?) - 15 days

Rochester Generics
Luis Tiant (SP) (Threnody for the Generics) - Out for Season

Second City Saints
Pedro Martinez (SP) (Shell-shocked on top of the cell!) - 12 days

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I'm as new to SuperLeague as you, but if you ever want to talk baseball in general, you should hop on IRC or the SAS baseball newbie thread.

e: Probably the most important thing to remember is that you're not running a baseball team, you're running a Baseball Mogul team. Given that BM is designed to give reasonable results, baseball knowledge helps, but ultimately even baseball experts have to learn to play to the sim.

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 30, 2012

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

But if you're just feeling outclassed, don't be. The Super-League really doesn't require that much knowledge of baseball. I mean, yes, you look at someone like CthulhuDreams, who is some sort of sentient spreadsheet, and you think 'wow, that guy really knows what he's doing...except about Riggs Stephenson, I'm not sure what that's about', but most owners aren't like that.

To take me as an example, I showed up with no baseball knowledge and some cricket knowledge, nearly damned a play-off team and have now lucked into a team composition that's winning my division by seventeen. If I can do it, anyone can!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Except me!

I'd like to think I know stuff about baseball(not as much as the SAS regulars do. Those are smart dudes.), but I haven't picked the right guys for the sim, which is why I'm facing relegation for a third time.

Some of those guys really do sound good on paper, like the '85 Blue Jays. Future owners lurking the thread, take it from me, don't pick the '85 Blue Jays. Just don't. You will absolutely get relegated.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 30, 2012

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Armitage posted:

Except me!

I'd like to think I know stuff about baseball(not as much as the SAS regulars do. Those are smart dudes.), but I haven't picked the right guys for the sim, which is why I'm facing relegation for a third time.

Some of those guys really do sound good on paper, like the '85 Blue Jays. Future owners lurking the thread, take it from me, don't pick the '85 Blue Jays. Just don't. You will absolutely get relegated.

Please don't slander Jimmy loving Key

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mornacale posted:

I definitely did not expect to have the second-best team ERA after two months, holy crap. I guess having 2.5 elite defensive infielders is kinda helpful, even when they can't hit.
Distant second. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

tatankatonk posted:

Please don't slander Jimmy loving Key

I lost him before I could get a chance to!

At least I think I found Dave Stieb a good role as long relief. Guy never really worked that well in the SL.