Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Honestly, if I lived somewhere that was into halloween costuming as much as most of the US seems to be, I'd be knocking up things like that for my friends' kids.

The trouble is, they've spent all that effort building it, but it'll never actually go castor-to-castor with a Maclaren or a Baby Jogger. Pointless ego-massaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
That wan't the joke, you're just not very funny.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
[redacted] Yeah, I missed on that one, might as well admit it. Will try harder next time.

Also, just so people don't think hillclimbing is averse to weird poo poo:

Edit: Should have said, it's a Farley Mk2. Apparently quite effective, but good lord it looks goofy.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 28, 2012

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
We decided to check out the last big Pistonheads meet of the year.

Saw a very clean RS2 on the way over

The event was hosted by Mercedes-Benz World in Weybridge, which is quite possibly the most interesting Mercedes anything in the world.

AMG Mercs lined up to run the course:

The carpark was huge and filled with some rare beasts:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Is that in a 205? I think I've seen more Mi16 swaps than I have 405 Mi16s!

You going to the NEC classic car show in a couple of weeks?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

InitialDave posted:

Is that in a 205? I think I've seen more Mi16 swaps than I have 405 Mi16s!

Yup that's a 205, that's even the 1.9 all-alloy version according to the owner. You have to love it, there were 6 people looking at the motor next to a very lonely Diablo.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

InitialDave posted:

Is it that time again? Jesus, my life is slipping away from me.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

kill me now posted:

Time attack as a total wank fest for shops that could clearly afford to be racing for real? Not so much.

It's advertising for the workshop and it works. Plus almost every single tuner involved in TT is also doing wheel to wheel for customers or themselves, so what you are saying simply isnt in general true.

quote:

And yes, a good number of dudes who do Time Attacku are too afraid of driving in traffic.

The entry lists I see show a bunch of V8Supercar, rally, club circuit etc on the list. Almost all of the non wheel to wheel guys are in road cars. And even then there's a bunch of them who on other weekends switch to a different car and go grid up.

There's a hell of a lot of BS floating around about who's involved and why - mainly because a bunch of people want to look down on it as silly or not as MANLY or some piece of utter crap.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I'm giving this guy the benefit of the doubt and posting in the "awesome" thread. :v: Saw this car while out and about today and I have no idea what it is. It looked like a shorter 512 TR at first but I don't think it's a Ferrari at all now. Sadly this is the best shot I got. :( It says "M-2" on the back and the badge on the nose looked like a stylized "P E". Any ideas?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 28, 2012

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Venturi Atlantique?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Good guess but the Venturi is much rounder and the cockpit is bigger...at least everything in GIS was.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I love everything about the Sagaris.

Reliability be damned, if I ever have the financial ability to own one, I won't hesitate to do so.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

These things are literally popping up all over here lately. I think I've seen at least 10 different ones in the past month. Also, BRG w/ yellow striped Evora in the background.

Skeletard
Dec 21, 2004

Puddin posted:

I love everything about the Sagaris.

Reliability be damned, if I ever have the financial ability to own one, I won't hesitate to do so.

I feel the exact same way. I have this inexplicable love for TVR's craziness.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Cat Terrist posted:

The entry lists I see show a bunch of V8Supercar, rally, club circuit etc on the list. Almost all of the non wheel to wheel guys are in road cars. And even then there's a bunch of them who on other weekends switch to a different car and go grid up.

There's a hell of a lot of BS floating around about who's involved and why - mainly because a bunch of people want to look down on it as silly or not as MANLY or some piece of utter crap.

Getting paid to drive a qualifying lap is still getting paid.

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

God I'd have a hard time not ripping those headlight wipers off.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

I'm giving this guy the benefit of the doubt and posting in the "awesome" thread. :v: Saw this car while out and about today and I have no idea what it is. It looked like a shorter 512 TR at first but I don't think it's a Ferrari at all now. Sadly this is the best shot I got. :( It says "M-2" on the back and the badge on the nose looked like a stylized "P E". Any ideas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purvis_Eureka perhaps?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Maybe this is just awesome to me, but I got to drive a Ferrari F430 around a track yesterday. I had never driven on a track before, and never driven any kind of performance car, so I was a little nervous it was going to get away from me. I was very, very slow, but I thought I managed the turns fairly smoothly. The sound out of that car is just amazing. It was one of those pay for 3 laps kind of things, at Blackhawk Farms in S. Beloit, IL. They also had a Porsche, an Audi R8 and a Lamborghini LP540 Performante. Here's the video if you want to cringe at my complete lack of speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITKQHvQN51o

It was really fun in any case. I might try and take my E90 down there when they have track days just so I can learn how to drive better.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I know nothing of Porches, but it looks like a couple of folks were in town for a good time:

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what

Cat Terrist posted:

(BTW who are assclowns with some truly obnoxious people)
You do realize you of all people have no right to call someone else an obnoxious assclown, right?

InitialDave posted:

Edit: Should have said, it's a Farley Mk2. Apparently quite effective, but good lord it looks goofy.
Redeemed :golfclap:

The Rocket Salad fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 29, 2012

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Well that would explain the PE but none of those pictures look like the car I saw. Unless the one I saw had a widebody kit...

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Cross-posting from the car game:

Yes it's a Pinto, but AI for a sense of humour.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Cross-posting from the car game:

Yes it's a Pinto, but AI for a sense of humour.

That's brilliant.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHdkwtI5TS0

ALWAYS a good idea.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Herr FLSH
Feb 10, 2006

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

...is the guy leaning on the car seriously holding a Playboy?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
It appears Alex Roy went out in the hurricane last night driving his Morgan three-wheeler. I can't think of many thinks more awesome than that.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

CornHolio posted:

It appears Alex Roy went out in the hurricane last night driving his Morgan three-wheeler. I can't think of many thinks more awesome than that.

This is awesome!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GramCracker posted:

Hey man, I read it for the articles. :colbert:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

GramCracker posted:

I've seen (and posted) that image plenty of times before and yet I've never noticed that. :golfclap:

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Such a pretty scheme for a slow engine.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Modern anti-lag and a neat rundown of an STi Spec C:
http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/id/2771/external-combustion-rocket-anti-lag-system-jdm-spec-c-impreza-sti.aspx

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I think this goes in here:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I don't get it. :saddowns:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

F'N U? I don't really get it either and I'm not seeing much AI to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

F'N U? I don't really get it either and I'm not seeing much AI to it.

FNU Ramen Deep
Effin' you, rammin deep?

I think it's one of those "lol rnt brown ppl funny" posts.