Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

KungFu Grip posted:

I just find weird that almost all the diva themes with lyrics have to do with having boyfriends or something. Like the the only diva theme i can think of that isn't about Being Insatiable and needing more Boyfriends or something similar is like Trish's.

Beth's doesn't have any lyrics. Actually neither did Sable's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I misread that as "You're Not The Boss Of Me" and wondered how great it would have been if Laycool had used the Malcolm in the Middle theme song as their own.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

I just find weird that almost all the diva themes with lyrics have to do with having boyfriends or something. Like the the only diva theme i can think of that isn't about Being Insatiable and needing more Boyfriends or something similar is like Trish's.

Victoria's theme was about how she wasn't the lady to mess with.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

WHOOOOOOOOOOO go go go go

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cardboard Box posted:

And Lita's was about...

Well, it was crap, but it wasn't about being hot or having a boyfriend or some crap. But what do you expect from most themes when the division's belt is a demeaning pink butterfly?

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM
Candice Michelle had the "best" theme.

ALL
EYES
ON
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

And Lita's was about...

Well, it was crap, but it wasn't about being hot or having a boyfriend or some crap. But what do you expect from most themes when the division's belt is a demeaning pink butterfly?

I thought Lita's theme was by The Used for a long time but then I learned that there was a million crappy bands that sounded exactly like that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I tried looking for it, but where is the Summerslam 2010 thread?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I am unsure if Natalya is still allowed to have a theme, but when she did, it was just sweet guitar riffs and stuff.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I dont think it had an obvious thread title. I think it was probably titled Summerfest because of that Guest GM flubbing their lines.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Five Apples posted:

Candice Michelle had the "best" theme.

ALL
EYES
ON
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

Which I submitted in the theme contest thread, be on the lookout for future voting!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh wait no, some fyad or byob Idiot King moved it to their subforum and started banning and probating people in it and it was gassed by admins

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Oh wait no, some fyad or byob Idiot King moved it to their subforum and started banning and probating people in it and it was gassed by admins

What? Banning PSP people, or just whoever from that forum posting?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The Idiot King moved the thread from PSP and started banning and probating PSP posters in it. This caused a big problem and that Idiot King was perma'd I think. I dont think it was the only thread he did it with either.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

anyone posting in it

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

KungFu Grip posted:

The Idiot King moved the thread from PSP and started banning and probating PSP posters in it. This caused a big problem and that Idiot King was perma'd I think. I dont think it was the only thread he did it with either.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3339039

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Don't have archives, was i wrong?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

KungFu Grip posted:

Don't have archives, was i wrong?

Seeing as I found it in FYAD no. You can go back on the Leper's Colony to 8/31/10 and see the wave of probations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Thank you, I needed to see the marking out and it was glorious :allears: as well as the rage at that horseshit finish.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Thunder Hammerfist posted:

I am unsure if Natalya is still allowed to have a theme, but when she did, it was just sweet guitar riffs and stuff.

Speaking of her, what happened to Natalya's farting gimmick? Did... did it have a resolution?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Grendels Dad posted:

Speaking of her, what happened to Natalya's farting gimmick? Did... did it have a resolution?

I think she used it once as a face-mechanism to get cheers and that was the end of that storyline.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Jerusalem posted:

I think she used it once as a face-mechanism to get cheers and that was the end of that storyline.

I feel like she had one match during that awful gimmick where the announcers were moaning the entire time about how bad it stunk at ringside because Natalya just kept farting. Tell me if I made that up.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I feel like she had one match during that awful gimmick where the announcers were moaning the entire time about how bad it stunk at ringside because Natalya just kept farting. Tell me if I made that up.

I'm not sure about that but they did laugh and make jokes when some diva rolled her up.

"that is not the place you want to be

High comedy.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Did that Wrestling Retribution Project thing ever get released or was it all a front just so some guy could take Glamour Shots of indie wrestlers?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Tato posted:

Did that Wrestling Retribution Project thing ever get released or was it all a front just so some guy could take Glamour Shots of indie wrestlers?

Haha that reminds me, I emailed the guy about doing some design work for that project. He got back to me, said he was interested and would send me some NDA forms to sign... but he never did.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Hey remember that anatomy of an angle thread about two man power trip? Would that video still be up now so I can show my roommate and if so would anyone have a link to it kicking around?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
did Punk hate the Nexus story line? I only ask because it seemed to be skipped in his dvd set.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DannoMack posted:

Hey remember that anatomy of an angle thread about two man power trip? Would that video still be up now so I can show my roommate and if so would anyone have a link to it kicking around?

How weird, I just read through this again yesterday when I stumbled across it while trying to find the Summerslam thread (which ended up being gassed after being moved to FYAD). The videos were taken down long ago, unfortunately, and I don't think I kept copies on my hard-drive.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Supreme Allah posted:

Andre had a gargantuan skull and hands, if you stood him next to a guy of comparable height but normal proportions like Big Show, Andre would still look more like a giant.

Andre and Big Show both had / have acromegaly, but Andre never had surgery to correct the condition, which is why his features were so exaggerated. I'm pretty sure Big Show had surgery done on his pituitary gland when he was 19 or 20 to stop the progression of the acromegaly.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Tato posted:

Nothing's come of it. They posted a trailer in February and the official Twitter account hasn't been updated in about as long.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

How weird, I just read through this again yesterday when I stumbled across it while trying to find the Summerslam thread (which ended up being gassed after being moved to FYAD). The videos were taken down long ago, unfortunately, and I don't think I kept copies on my hard-drive.

Ha! I still have all MY videos from my WCW and AoaA threads :smug:

(I genuinely miss doing those)

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.
Forum, not wrestling related, question. Is there still an official "Buy my wrestling DVDs" thread or do those just go on SA Mart now?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Until I half randomly came across their respective Wiki articles today I was under the mistaken impression that Rick and Sherri Martel were siblings.

Was there some sort of kayfabe marriage or other link between them or was their usage of the same ringname simply coincidental?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Ha! I still have all MY videos from my WCW and AoaA threads :smug:

(I genuinely miss doing those)

I generally don't keep them because I still have the original shows they came from, and as neat as the compilations are they tend to take up a fair amount of space v:shobon:v

They are fun to do though, I should do another some time (or you should, or somebody should!)

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Thauros posted:

Until I half randomly came across their respective Wiki articles today I was under the mistaken impression that Rick and Sherri Martel were siblings.

Was there some sort of kayfabe marriage or other link between them or was their usage of the same ringname simply coincidental?

According to Wikipedia Moolah gave Sherri the Martel surname and sent her to Japan in 1981 by which time Rick was already in the WWF. Whether Moolah took the the name from Rick or elsewhere, it seems like the two were never meant to be relatives or spouses.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dead Snoopy posted:

did Punk hate the Nexus story line? I only ask because it seemed to be skipped in his dvd set.

Probably hated it because it wasnt his choice and that it was as he quoted "The Randy Orton opponent" story that he thought was almost as bad as just being Cena's tv opponent before The Miz.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

I generally don't keep them because I still have the original shows they came from, and as neat as the compilations are they tend to take up a fair amount of space v:shobon:v

They are fun to do though, I should do another some time (or you should, or somebody should!)

AoaA for the HHH/Angle/Stephanie love triangle could be fun. I just got finished watching all of these old episodes, and the storyline pretty much starts right when Angle debuts in WWF. It's impressive.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Probably hated it because it wasnt his choice and that it was as he quoted "The Randy Orton opponent" story that he thought was almost as bad as just being Cena's tv opponent before The Miz.

What I found odd about that was that he was listed as being The Nexus leader even at MITB on his chyron, and there was literally no fallout from his basically abandoning the group that I can recall. I know the WWE eschews continuity, but that was pretty fresh in peoples' minds at the time. This is made doubly odd by the way he a)Became their leader and b)Initiated people into the group.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Oatgan posted:

WHOOOOOOOOOOO go go go go
Nicki Manaj came a long way since then (supposedly that's her on the track).

Lita (initially), Molly, Ivory, Debra, Tamina (outside of chanting her name), Kharma and Jacqueline also don't have lyrics in their themes.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Did Goldberg ever give reasons he was so unhappy during his run with WWE? They musta been paying a shitload of cash so he had to be really unhappy to leave.