Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
to the top with another cartoonishly overfunded kickssharter

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thingm/blink1-the-usb-rgb-led

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Jonny 290 posted:

quote:

This device will retail for more than $30.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

a world called z0r
Aug 31, 2012

DNova posted:

gently caress teh police

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
"Not only are the blink(1) tools and apps open source, so is its entire design. Feel free to hack it to make it do cool new things."

you've got a FIB lying around, right? every True Maker should...

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

of course it's based on blinkm, the $13 led

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Q. Wait, so this is just an RGB LED with a USB connector in a case? A. Yes

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

quote:

The command-line tools can be compiled for just about any POSIX-compliant Unix-style platform including the Raspberry Pi, DD-WRT WiFi routers, BeagleBone, and some Android phones.
i thought the pi had gpio

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Resplendent Spiral posted:

Q. Wait, so this is just an RGB LED with a USB connector in a case? A. Yes

but....OPEN SOURCE

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jonny 290 posted:

I have that same router its really good

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

please respond posted:

i should run a kickstarter to get myself one

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

please respond posted:

me 2 it's pretty rock solid and also heart touching

assuming you stuck tomato on there of course

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Werthog posted:

me 2 it's pretty rock solid and also heart touching

assuming you stuck tomato on there of course

I did dd-wrt like 4 or 5 years ago and its been rock solid buttery smooth is tomato better

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

please respond posted:

I did dd-wrt like 4 or 5 years ago and its been rock solid buttery smooth is tomato better

idk never used dd-wrt but tomato suits my needs :)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Do you use the usb thing on it, i never have and idk what its for

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

nah i forget if tomato even supports anything with it. maybe some NAS poo poo whatever the gently caress that means

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh cool you can do printer sharing and poo poo http://tomatousb.org/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

JawnV6 posted:

"Not only are the blink(1) tools and apps open source, so is its entire design. Feel free to hack it to make it do cool new things."

ok so i made it turn on and off, and change color. what is the next cool new thing i can do with this

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

Do you want to make a "busy" light for your office that glows red when your calendar says you're in a meeting?

yeah if i didn't take my laptop to the loving meeting jesus christ marie

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

discover a new color

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Sagebrush posted:

personally i thought it was enough that i wasn't there and outlook says i'm in a meeting and so does office communicator but no, i need a huge fuckoff red light too

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Sagebrush posted:

ok so i made it turn on and off, and change color. what is the next cool new thing i can do with this
attach piezo

Sagebrush posted:

plug into desktop

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
ahahahahaha

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/799238739/fields-of-fresh-epic-campaign-for-an-epic-rpg

quote:

Where have all of the good farming games gone?

To my memory, I have only played one good farming game series, it involved harvesting, sprites, and a moon. Every time I browse the web for a farming game, the results are games that are not up to par with my expectations as a gamer . Do farmers not deserve honor? After all, they provide most of the food we eat. In March 2011, I decided to make a Farming Game. This farming game will satisfy me as a gamer. The mission was to not make a lame social farming game, but a full-fledged farming RPG where the farmers have stories and lives.

Cross-Platform for the Win!

We want to show people that farmers aren't merely hermits on a farm, concentrating only on growing crops and livestock. We wanted to show that farmers are businessmen and women. There are many obstacles and enemies that they must face. Those enemies include thieves, other farming organizations, politics, and even wild animals like wolves. We would like to show others what many people have to deal with in the agricultural world; things which may not be seen to all of the city-slickers, despite the rise in popularity of Farmer's Markets in metropolitan areas. We will like to show people what many people have to deal with in the agricultural world, which may not be seen to all of the city-slickers.

It is time to break the standard convention of farming games

christ i dont even-

quote:

Yes, we know she may look ugly, but that is the point. When we see our enemies usually, they don't grab our eye as "wife-material"(beautiful beyond all measure). She is someone you will want to avoid them as much as possible. Her history is more broken than most of us, her family was killed by a group of meth-heads while she slept in the barn with her favorite pony. She woke up to see her family's home burned down with her family dead. This was all during harvest time, so out of denial she just began harvesting crops over and over again. She later grew bitter and vowed to be the most powerful woman in the world to ensure that no one will take advantage of her, like the murderers of her parents.

gently caress theres just giant gobs of text and theyre mentioning OUYA and theres poo poo like

quote:

Just a while back, you've asked for 15K and now you're asking for 1K for this project?
I can understand your pain and for the sake of transparency you should know why these goals are so far apart. The previous goal was 15K because we really wanted to give our artists, musicians and actors a nice payment for their work; however, after further evaluation, negotiation and progress we've been able to get work done for cheaper rates. Also, Nathan has gotten a job since the last campaign launched and is saving money in the case our campaign goal is not enough to pay everyone.

~*KICKSTARTER*~

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
flashing morse code will save office autists from the horrors of converesation

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
good luck nathan!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

30 times more than statpedia got

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
someone could make a kickstarter for a micro-USB LED notification light for androids with a passthrough for charging. i guarantee it will get funded. android spergs love them some notification lights. even better, forget usb passthrough and plan on the device enabling ~wireless charging~ and data xfer somehow.

aim for $10 per device then say it was harder than you thought and run off with the cash

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

stretch goal: we learn how to draw some fuckin' hands

why do so many kickstarters think that being able to talk with them is an award people would want

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

this looks like a terraria rom hack

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

quote:

Why is Jezebel so ugly?

Jezebel is ugly on PURPOSE. She is ugly because she represents every bad decision all of mankind have made. She initially looks quite beautiful and then she is shown for the hedius monster she really is later on.
she's really badly-drawn on PURPOSE, you guys

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

KickStarter posted:

she slept in the barn with her favorite pony

oh yeah that explains it all

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

I wonder how much time they save only having to draw half of each character

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sweevo posted:

30 times more than statpedia got

that's an interesting statistic, you should post that somewhere

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

in your butt

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

i'm gay

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
ay oop guvna spot us some sterling for my arduino propelled queen launcher

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20145764

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Trig Discipline posted:

that's an interesting statistic, you should post that somewhere

something like a wikipedia? for stats? :monocle:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Radio Paranoia posted:

something like a wikipedia? for stats? :monocle:

I'll make the wiki, you post a thread in BYOB

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

axolotl farmer posted:

I'll make the wiki, you post a thread in BYOB

I'll uhh. make the.... the uh... video. uhhhhh.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

thanks for your service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

BooLoo posted:

ay oop guvna spot us some sterling for my arduino propelled queen launcher

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20145764