Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

eggrolled posted:

Basically, this feels like the best harvest moon out right now. Thank goodness. I was disappointed with the latest offerings like ToTT and GB, but my HM itch has been scratched. This feels closer to the N64/PS/GC//Wii games plus modern improvements, which I am very happy about.

I'm curious, why did you not like GB, and how is this game better? I loved GB, but was disappointed by ToTT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

eggrolled posted:

Edit: there is NO FRESHNESS bs in this game :woop: there are stars but those aren't a big deal really.

Oh gently caress yes :woop: I hate not being able to store things forever in ToTT.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Revol posted:

I'm curious, why did you not like GB, and how is this game better? I loved GB, but was disappointed by ToTT.

I enjoyed the market mechanic of GB, but when it came to the characters and literally everything else, it didn't keep my interest. ToTT was the same way. SI/GB/ToTT also seemed to run on the same "engine" and I was never really happy with it. The games just didn't seem polished either. The thing you quoted from me also pretty much explains it as well.

I haven't gotten THAT far into this game to really fully answer your guys' questions so please bear with me. :psyduck: My first impression is just: "this games feels what I'm looking for," coming from a person who feels that HM64/Mineral Town/Tree of Tranq/Animal Parade were previously the best offerings in the series.

I bought a 3DS for this game. I don't regret my decision. That's just my personal opinion though. :)

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

eggrolled posted:

I enjoyed the market mechanic of GB, but when it came to the characters and literally everything else, it didn't keep my interest. ToTT was the same way. SI/GB/ToTT also seemed to run on the same "engine" and I was never really happy with it. The games just didn't seem polished either. The thing you quoted from me also pretty much explains it as well.

I haven't gotten THAT far into this game to really fully answer your guys' questions so please bear with me. :psyduck: My first impression is just: "this games feels what I'm looking for," coming from a person who feels that HM64/Mineral Town/Tree of Tranq/Animal Parade were previously the best offerings in the series.

I bought a 3DS for this game. I don't regret my decision. That's just my personal opinion though. :)

I know how you feel, there is a certain 'something' that makes some HM games more enjoyable than others. Sometimes it's mechanics (like horrible weather systems), other times it's incredibly repetitive dialogue that make the game a little less enjoyable. Although, when you said there was no freshness, I was super pumped. How long did shipping take from Natsume? I just ordered from them, and I hope it gets here like Weds/Thurs.

Sorry for dogpiling you for info, I just like hearing first impressions from someone that doesn't type like people on the Ushi no Tane forums do :downs:

edit: vvv You can, I just ordered from the website. I went for the yak personally.

Shirec fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 26, 2012

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Can you still preorder and get the cow? I keep forgetting about it, maybe I should tell my assistant, Siri.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Shirec posted:

Sorry for dogpiling you for info, I just like hearing first impressions from someone that doesn't type like people on the Ushi no Tane forums do :downs:

That's exactly why I came to post my first impressions. I was a little surprised by the questions but I totally understand, so it's no problem. :3: Ushi no Tane is good for info, but I usually feel like :psypop: after reading much of anything on the forums there.

Natsume is shipping out from Anaheim, CA. I live in a state that borders CA so my order was processed on Friday and I got it on Monday. HTH!

Also:

Natsume Facebook posted:

In the spirit of the 15th anniversary bonanza and an early release, we're EXTENDING the deadline to order the HM: ANB Anniversary Edition! You'll have until October 29th @ 12:00pm PST (Noon!) to snag one. We're also going to offer all other purchases of Harvest Moon: A New Beginning a free plushie Yak until further notice~
Order Here ~~> http://natsume.com/store/index.html

Edit: Also the cow is freaking huge, totally adorable and don't regret throwing an extra $10 down to get one. It's like the size of a baby. I was shocked when the box came in.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

eggrolled posted:

This has been my experience as well. This is my first Harvest Moon game in years; I got burned out on them and then the past few DS ones have had some kind of gimmick that made it unappealing to try one again. This one seems like the most normal, core Harvest Moon game in awhile but I can't compare it directly to the last few.

The produce does have the star rating, but if you have a bunch of different quality ones in your bag you can sort them and average out the quality from what the tutorial tells me. The graphics are simple but fit the Harvest Moon aesthetic, and there are animals just chillin' in the forest that are really adorable looking (boars and bears oh my!). I guess you can give them food but I have none to spare so far :(

Money is easy, so far, grabbing bugs from the forest but I don't know yet how much improvements will cost, but I had no problem starting off filling up the arable plots with turnips and potatoes, some grass and one for flowers :3:

Also you have a sweet jump button! And for the character customization goes, it's simple but good enough and you can get new outfits during the game. For eye choices there's an option for Tough Guy/Girl :haw: (it's a lie it's not so tough!)

Ticat
Jan 28, 2004
No Dice!
I know this was asked earlier but no one responded, but is there any way to get that cow in canada :canada:

Keyshur
Dec 30, 2011

Ticat posted:

I know this was asked earlier but no one responded, but is there any way to get that cow in canada :canada:

I am also interested.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Ticat posted:

Last time I asked no one answered, but I wasn't able to find anything.

we never get the cool preorder bonuses :canada:

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Ticat posted:

Maybe try contacting Natsume directly? They have an email and phone number on their support page http://www.natsume.com/support/index.html

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
With this soft release, I hope Gamestop ships my order soon. I've been hankering for some Harvest Moon, and the bitchin' yak is just a bonus. I tried Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny on the Wii, but I was really disappointed at the lack of farming. Frontier was good, except I hated the colored ghost things and having to try and manipulate them was too much busy work for me.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 26, 2012

take me to the beaver
Mar 28, 2010
Also bought a 3DS for this game (and also to celebrate getting my first post-college big kid job, woo :toot:). So far my favorite feature of the new game is that you can save any time you want. I'm super psyched, since I hated the save mechanic in GB and ToTT. Haven't played through an entire day since real life is pretty busy, but I plan to get in some quality time this weekend. I'm really liking it though. I basically wanted the Wii version on a hand-held console with the best the console had to offer, and that is exactly what New Beginning has delivered.

For everyone else playing further than me, any sign of mining? I was hoping for a repeat of the mining experience in Animal Parade, but maybe that's just asking too much from Natsume.

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

nonnemaus posted:

For everyone else playing further than me, any sign of mining? I was hoping for a repeat of the mining experience in Animal Parade, but maybe that's just asking too much from Natsume.

You're in luck! Nothing nearly as fancy as a console HM, but it is good to have it back.

Marvelous is the company to blame/praise for the content, Natsume's gig is localization. e: Save for that puzzle game and that horrid 3DS port of Two Towns, that was all Natsume's doing.
:goonsay:

I Watson fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 27, 2012

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

I Watson posted:

You're in luck! Nothing nearly as fancy as a console HM, but it is good to have it back.

Marvelous is the company to blame/praise for the content, Natsume's gig is localization.
:goonsay:

I've been really impressed with how much/how positively Natsume interacts with their fans, but they need to update their website so badly. I feel like I'm in a time vortex every time I go there.

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Shirec posted:

I've been really impressed with how much/how positively Natsume interacts with their fans, but they need to update their website so badly. I feel like I'm in a time vortex every time I go there.

They've really stepped up their efforts on their localizations, I fondly remember the days of so much Engrish and the occasional German lines slipped into the text. As for a better website, perhaps a few more years down the road?

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I've nearly finished with Spring in ANB, so here are some random thoughts and impressions:

-The first couple weeks are a bit slow. They stagger what you get introduced to, but making trips to the forest era to get bugs to sell is easy money, and you'll need that money eventually!

-You get a free cow, grass is cheap and easy to grow for fodder. Grass can be harvested like every 2 days, its quick, and one piece of grass counts for like 5 feedings and doesn't disappear overnight if not eaten. I also really like how on the animal management book in the barn has little icons that tells you if the cow has eaten/talked to/brushed/milked/treat that day, so you dont have to wonder if they've eaten or not. Herding cows outside can be slow and frustrating, I don't have the bell yet but their stress meter hasn't gone up so no worries.

-It really picks up the middle of the first month once you get the cow and continually introduced to new stuff/people. As for goons asking about villagers' personalities, it seems pretty classic harvest moon. I don't see many repeats, but they're not bi-polar as apparently everyone in RF3 is (I never played RF3). The Harvest Sprites have some issues that got a chuckle out of me but I haven't had much prolonged interaction with other people yet (but there arent that many people yet).

-Fish traps are neat, you can just set and forget and check whenever you're around; they can break, randomly, but soonafter you get them you'll learn how to make them.

-Cooking is simple and easy, you can store stuff in your fridge, there's star rating but no freshness, and you can choose what produce to use out of your bag or fridge.

-The whole farm customization thing that's new in this game, is, well, AMAZING. After I first got blueprints and could build and move things around on my farm I probably spent an hour just doing that. You can get a lot of decorative items, like streetlamps, scarecrows, benches, potted plants etc. The only frustrating thing is that there's no single grid pieces for some items so getting something just right, like a road or a fence, was difficult. But still awesome: I really like being able to customize my farm.

-Word of advice: store all the non-bug stuff you get in the forest, like mint and mushrooms and such. To make a chicken coop took something odd, but you can use most of that stuff in cooking anyways so it's not worth it just to ship it immediately. Storing small rocks/branches in your backpack may help later for materials. You'll get a lot of wood just from trees on your farm, but if you want to build lots immediately like me I had to go hunt for small rocks (you can buy materials, but it's expensive)

-When I play tonight I have my first festival. I had trouble this morning playing when I was trying to find the festival, apparently the festival grounds are behind mayor Dunhill's house and not the town plaza like I thought. Whether I forgot or wasn't told, I have no idea.

So far all in all A New Beginning is a really good classic Harvest Moon game.

PlushCow fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 29, 2012

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

PlushCow posted:

I don't see many repeats, but they're not bi-polar as apparently everyone in RF3 is (I never played RF3).

The villagers in RF3 aren't bi-polar, they are :syoon:anime.:syoon:

Thank you for the detailed write up, as well as the heads up on socking forest items away for buildings. I am seriously looking forward to being able to build a storage shed, do you know how far into the game one has to go to build one?

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

I Watson posted:

The villagers in RF3 aren't bi-polar, they are :syoon:anime.:syoon:

Thank you for the detailed write up, as well as the heads up on socking forest items away for buildings. I am seriously looking forward to being able to build a storage shed, do you know how far into the game one has to go to build one?

You'll be able to buy the blueprint for it late spring, the very first day when blueprints become available; it's the first thing I built :)

You can store most from the forest in your fridge or the storage box in the house, but smashing small rocks gets you rock material and small branches get you lumber, and copper you pick up, and those are storage shed only.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

I was really not liking this game but now that the architect has moved into the town (late spring) and I can make blueprints, there's plenty to do and I'm enjoying it a lot more.

What items do the villagers give you in exchange for gifts? So far I've only been giving gifts to the blacksmith because she gives you upgraded tool blueprints (which I can't use yet because they require ore and I've only found minimal amounts of copper in the forest).

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

PlushCow posted:

-Word of advice: store all the non-bug stuff you get in the forest, like mint and mushrooms and such. To make a chicken coop took something odd, but you can use most of that stuff in cooking anyways so it's not worth it just to ship it immediately. Storing small rocks/branches in your backpack may help later for materials. You'll get a lot of wood just from trees on your farm, but if you want to build lots immediately like me I had to go hunt for small rocks (you can buy materials, but it's expensive)

Emphasizing this to potentially avoid some early frustrations. Literally keep everything except bugs and the only exception i've found within bugs are keeping a few bees. I was 10+ hours in and running out of backpack space hoarding some things I assumed I wasn't going to use or would hopefully be able to buy and I was extremely wrong. I sell a lot of my crops, but only after cooking them in some way as most of the time it adds value. Even some of the blueprints require weeds, just to give you an example on needing to keep everything. On top of that, be careful about breaking stuff down when you are able to. Some recipes require branches or the lumber you could make from the branches. So not always a good idea to convert your entire stack of branches into lumber.

The other annoyance/advice i'd suggest is in regards to cooking. You can level up certain things in the game giving you better quality items and cooking is one of those things. When you cook, you have the option to cook several of the same item at the same time. For example if I have 20 turnips I could make 20 turnip soups at once. The problem with that is, it will only count once towards your experience. So to level your cooking it's best to cook things one at a time.

I'm enjoying the game, first time i've played a harvest moon game in forever. It is getting a little frustrating though, I just kind of feel like i've skipped or missed something somehow. For example, i've got blueprints for copper and silver tools but what I need is iron tools. Also where i'm at in the storyline, i'm being asked to do things that aren't within my ability unless I buy materials instead of using the materials i've gathered but can't use without the proper tools. ( Sorry for being vague, just trying to avoid spoilers. )

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Yeah it's kind of a bad game design decision that you can only find copper/iron early on in the woods, and not often. I don't think there's any way to get a reliable supply of it except to buy it (in the first few seasons, at least; I'm guessing some kind of mine unlocks later on). Especially since one of the first town restoration missions requires like thirty iron (the ten streetlamps).

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Hey guys, I found this really helpful list of stuff to stockpile for town renovations in ANB!

a person named kakuloo posted:

]I didn't see this anywhere yet, but I made a quick list of what to hoard for the Town renovations! Fist by Renovation, then by overall what will be needed (Stuff in bold is stuff that has been made from other things in the list, and therefore are technically in there twice...but I figure since you could conceivable get some things through WiFi trading or lucky finds, I'd put them in so you know what the goal is!)

Town Renovation #1:
3200g

15 Small Branches
15 Small Lumber
15 Small Material Stone
15 Moondrop Flowers
30 Iron (15300g)

Town Renovation #2:
6900g

50 Small Branches
50 Material Stone
100 Small Lumber
5 Copper (find/4200g)
5 Iron (2550g)
30 Soil
20 Weeds
10 Chamomile
10 Honey I figured 4 beehives would be enough to get you there in a reasonable amount of time, but you can always have more, of course!
20 Honeycomb
4 Honeybees
32 Small Lumber

Town Renovation #3:
9600g

35 Small Branches
220 Material Stone
20 Small Material Stone
80 Small Lumber
115 Lumber
5 Wool
5 Brick
5 Mint
5 Silver
10 Glass Stone
3 Iron (1530g)

Town Renovation #4:
10400g

105 Material Stone
150 Lumber
15 Small Lumber
20 Fodder
1 Amethyst
5 Wheat
10 Yarn Balls the following materials are for the Maker Shed and the Cloth Maker
20 Material Stone
10 Small Material Stone
5 Bottles from Fishing
2 Copper
3 Clippers
20 Lumber
3 Brick
1 Amethyst
5 Wool

10 Glass Stone
5 Flourite
10 Copper
10 Brick
5 Iron
5 Cotton Fabric
(--5 Raw Cotton)

Town Renovation #5:
22400g

45 Black Material Stone
60 Black Lumber
17 Glass Stone
3 Jade
5 Amethyst
335 Material Stone
10 Small Material Stone
180 Lumber
10 Gold
6 Adamantite
5 Mithril
18 Iron
5 Mint
6 Crystals
4 Yarn Ball
3 Cotton Fabric
1 Cotton
10 Pearls

TOTAL NEEDED FOR RENOVATIONS:

~52500g This is about how much you'll need. I think it might be a bit more because you have to buy certain materials, and maybe you will want extras of some things!

6 Adamantite
7 Amethyst
60 Black Lumber
45 Black Material Stone
5 Bottles (Fishing)
18 Brick
10 Chamomile
3 Clippers
17 Copper (find/mine/840g each)
1 Cotton
8 Cotton Fabric
6 Crystals
5 Flourite
20 Fodder
37 Glass Stone
10 Gold
10 Honey
4 Honeybees
20 Honeycomb
61 Iron (mine/510g each))
3 Jade
465 Lumber
730 Material Stone
10 Mint
5 Mithril
15 Moondrop Flowers
10 Pearls
5 Raw Cotton
5 Silver (mine)
100 Small Branches
242 Small Lumber
55 Small Material Stone
30 Soil
20 Weeds
5 Wheat
10 Wool
14 Yarn Balls

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Thanks for that. I had no idea I'd have to stockpile weeds and small branches.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

eggrolled posted:

50 Small Branches

:suicide:

That's actually not a lot as long as you didn't either sell them or turn into lumber, but it's my current issue. I find like 1-3 per day now that regular branches are showing up more.

Do any of you who got it early know what feeding the forest animals does if anything? I fed a wild boar/pig some mushrooms and some hearts showed up over his head, but nothing happened.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

I'm looking forward to bumbling about like a doof until Ushi no Tane fleshes out her guide :allears:

Got my shipping notification today, can't wait to play this from how you guys are talking about it. Any further clarification about the cooking thing? More/less annoying than past games? I was kind of bummed when you mentioned the one/many experience thing, but that's not too bad.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Oh and as a PSA... Your house is NOT a good alternative to a supply shed. poo poo despawns :( Inventory may be annoying until Spring 25 folks :v:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

All of you talking about the game makes me want a 3DS. Would it be worth it?

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE
Jun 28, 2008

☆ catgroove ☆

gmq posted:

If you only really wanna play Harvest Moon games I wouldn't bother buying a 3DS until ANB gets localised, since you can only play it on a Japanese console right now (unless there are other Japanese games you want).

I'm gonna wait to see if a new 3DS console comes out before RF4 in English because I don't want to get stuck with a 3D version of DS Fat. In the meantime it's back to playing Sunshine Islands. :argh:freshness:argh:

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE posted:

If you only really wanna play Harvest Moon games I wouldn't bother buying a 3DS until ANB gets localised, since you can only play it on a Japanese console right now (unless there are other Japanese games you want).

I'm gonna wait to see if a new 3DS console comes out before RF4 in English because I don't want to get stuck with a 3D version of DS Fat. In the meantime it's back to playing Sunshine Islands. :argh:freshness:argh:

ANB is localised, that's why everyone in the thread is playing it at the moment :v: Still no word on an EU release date though. I'm tempted to buy an American 3DS for it, but then I'd be locked into importing all my 3DS games forever.

Sunshine Islands is still one of my favourite HM games even though it is objectively the most annoying game in the series. It's the kind of game you have to play with spreadsheets or a notebook to scribble in so you can remember which sunstones you've gathered/whether it was rainy or sunny 3 days ago/how many times you need to water strawberries. Despite all that I had more fun with it than the rest of the DS releases.

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE
Jun 28, 2008

☆ catgroove ☆
It is too!!! Wow I'm an idiot. I saw people talking about it but something in my brain obviously couldn't accept that Natsume had localised so quickly. Seems like Australia is still stuck on 'TBA' anyway. Boo hiss but it saves me buying a 3DS now I suppose!

I really like some of the characters in IoH/SI. I ended up petering out on ToTT without even getting married because the characters just weren't that interesting after playing RF3. Hopefully that won't happen on my SI replay, because I need it to tide me over! I'm glad to hear everyone's a bit more dynamic in ANB.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

naptalan posted:

I'm tempted to buy an American 3DS for it, but then I'd be locked into importing all my 3DS games forever.

To be fair, I am considering doing this at some point. Games like Code of Princess and Etrian Odyssey 4 are very likely not coming here and, as more games get exclusive localization in NA, I can either be frustrated and complain about region locking or be happy and still complain about region locking.

gmq posted:

Depends on how much you like HM. New Beginning sounds like one of the better (non-RF) Harvest Moon games in years.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

naptalan posted:

ANB is localised, that's why everyone in the thread is playing it at the moment

Everyone? It doesn't come out in NA until next Tuesday, right? But how are this many people breaking street date?

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Revol posted:

Everyone? It doesn't come out in NA until next Tuesday, right? But how are this many people breaking street date?

It's technically a "soft" release date, since I think it was really supposed to have come out last week and maybe there were shipping problems?

So basically if you Pre-ordered from the Natsume website or if some retailers got it early you could pick it up.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Fancy Hat! posted:

It's technically a "soft" release date, since I think it was really supposed to have come out last week and maybe there were shipping problems?

So basically if you Pre-ordered from the Natsume website or if some retailers got it early you could pick it up.
I think it was supposed to be a pleasant surprise for their fans, but that would be a fun way to spin a mess-up.
:colbert: So far I've gotten nothing but sass from Gamestop employees when I tell them it doesn't have a firm release date anymore. I ordered from Natsume on Friday with the hopes of getting it a bit earlier.
edit: Rhoga, you are killing me, cause it's supposedly shipped even though the tracking number isn't working and I can't cancel now. This yak plush better blow my mind.

Shirec fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 31, 2012

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I ordered from Natsume on friday, seems I'll be getting it sometime before this friday. Plus I don't have to contend with greedy employees to get the Yak Plush!

I will also add that this thread is what pushed me over the line on this one, thanks alot!

Fancy Hat! fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 31, 2012

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

For anyone looking to pick it up early, I grabbed it from Target on Monday. It was already out on the shelf.
The first spring is a little slow, but I've just unlocked the workshop and it seems like it'll be a great waste of time and resources, and I mean that in the best way.
And the bell doesn't move livestock in and out, it just makes them follow you. Looks like I won't be grazing in this game and I wasted my copper. :(

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Maybe I'll go check out Target during my lunch break. Usually I get my comic books on Wednesdays, but it's a small release today, so screw it.

edit: yup i got it

Revol fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 31, 2012

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
Does anyone have a halfway decent guide to the villagers? I'm looking to befriend some of these guys but have no clue what they are looking for. One thing I am finding frustrating is how I have no clue how many gifts I'm supposed to be giving these people for recipes and the like if they even have any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Saoshyant posted:

To be fair, I am considering doing this at some point. Games like Code of Princess and Etrian Odyssey 4 are very likely not coming here and, as more games get exclusive localization in NA, I can either be frustrated and complain about region locking or be happy and still complain about region locking.

Depends on how much you like HM. New Beginning sounds like one of the better (non-RF) Harvest Moon games in years.

Not HM related but EO4 is coming out in the US at least :v:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/04/etrian-odyssey-iv-set-to-reach-north-america-by-early-2013/

• Locked thread