Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Very good. Hyper-v 2012 is actually very very good.

yeah, I'm reading their website about it right now

it sounds too good to be true almost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

mindphlux posted:

how is server 2012? I guess I should start playing around with it... :/

almost comically amused by the thought of a metro style server interface, but I'm sure they didn't actually do that

still pissed off about SBS though :mad:

Server 2012 is good. I'm just a noob at this, but it's simple enough even for me to use. Setting up Remote Desktop was cake, setting Storage spaces was cake etc etc.

You can ignore the Metro UI. Server manager screen is where I do everything, and that's not metro-ish.

Basically, if you have MSDN/Technet, you should check it out.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Steakandchips posted:

Server 2012 is good. I'm just a noob at this, but it's simple enough even for me to use. Setting up Remote Desktop was cake, setting Storage spaces was cake etc etc.

You can ignore the Metro UI. Server manager screen is where I do everything, and that's not metro-ish.

Basically, if you have MSDN/Technet, you should check it out.
Mmm... Caaaaake

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Traffic cone is mine...

Chartreuse!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Ricola, I want to see your big stupid tattoo.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
noooo if this falls off the front i'll never remember to post inanities

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Sorry, I'd have been posting up a storm, instead, I weathered one.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mediaphage posted:

noooo if this falls off the front i'll never remember to post inanities
Qick! Someone post something! Actually, my typo nearly illustrates my point that the letter U after Q is redundant: I keep meaning to stop using it. It does not serve to distinguish between Q with U and Q without and is thus useless.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

therattle posted:

Qick! Someone post something! Actually, my typo nearly illustrates my point that the letter U after Q is redundant: I keep meaning to stop using it. It does not serve to distinguish between Q with U and Q without and is thus useless.

"Qui" and "Qi" mean different things.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Casu, how's your tongue? :smith:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

"Qui" and "Qi" mean different things.
Therefore use of U is appropriate, smartarse. One example, using two words which aren't of English root, doesn't invalidate the point. There are very few other examples. Qick and Quick are the same, as are quirk/qirk, etc.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

therattle posted:

Therefore use of U is appropriate, smartarse. One example, using two words which aren't of English root, doesn't invalidate the point. There are very few other examples. Qick and Quick are the same, as are quirk/qirk, etc.
you don't pronounce Qatar as kwah-tar, so no, they're not?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

MasterFugu posted:

you don't pronounce Qatar as kwah-tar, so no, they're not?

This. Sorry rattle, you're totally wrong on this one. Qick and qit would rhyme with kick and kit. Quick and quit have that w sound that comes from a q followed by u.

Now you might say they are redundant and could be replaced without too much effort by either k alone, in some instances, or k+w in others.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Pester posted:

Casu, how's your tongue? :smith:

I'm holding a remembrance service for it this weekend

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

:ohdear: please say you talked to a doctor?

Also stop trying to make sense of English ortography, it's annoying.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sjurygg posted:

English ortography, it's annoying.

I thinq you mean "irqsome".

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

I thinq you mean "irqsome".
:tipshat: I hear your arguments but remain unconvinced. :colbert:

Gave babby some Yorkshire Blue cheese today. It's on the mild creamy end of the blue cheese spectrum but it's a blue nonetheless. He couldn't shove it into his mouth quickly enough (same with stinky French washed rinds like pont l'eviche and pie d'angloys). Feeding a babby/small child who really enjoys eating a wide variety of things is a real, real pleasure and delight.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I haven't tried Sam on blue cheese yet. I think a trip to the cheesemonger is warranted later today! Maybe a few free samples first...

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I have a new job! I will be moving to America to start a post-doc in Florida. What's food like in Florida?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

I have a new job! I will be moving to America to start a post-doc in Florida. What's food like in Florida?
Wow! Given how hard I imagine it is to get post-doc positions I suspect that congratulations are in order! I think food in Florida is heavily dependent on where you are.

Hasten to the cheesemonger and have him monger you some cheese. Leo loves it: sharp cheddar, blue, stinky washed rinds, feta, ricotta, mozzarella, Comte... He hasn't met a cheese he didn't like.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

Scientastic posted:

Oh cool. What city?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Scientastic posted:

If you live exclusively among cubans or gay people Florida might be ok but otherwise it is everything bad about america shoved into a shriveled cock shaped peninsula.

Not trying to be a downer but please do not blame the rest of us after your neighbor tries to eat your face.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Florida is the state people from Ohio make fun of. Just think about that.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

physeter posted:

Oh cool. What city?

Jacksonville. I've heard some mixed reviews of the city, but some of it looks pretty nice. Obviously, every city has good and bad bits, so as long as no-one shoots at us, it should be cool.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Scientastic posted:

Jacksonville. I've heard some mixed reviews of the city, but some of it looks pretty nice. Obviously, every city has good and bad bits, so as long as no-one shoots at us, it should be cool.

That city mostly has drunk bits.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

Scientastic posted:

Never been there except to pass through. Could be good reasons for that. Could be everyone I ever met from there immediately designates it as a hole, as if they're eager to disassociate themselves from Jacksonville. BUT, Miami and Atlanta are only about 6-7 hours away by car. So you've got that.

But if you're foreign you'll be much more exotic in Jacksonville than you would be in Miami, probably get alot more action.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

If you can find the places in Florida where New Yorkers spend the winter, you can find some good Jewish delis.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:

Squashy Nipples posted:

If you can find the places in Florida where New Yorkers spend the winter, you can find some good Jewish delis.

So, basically Florida then...

But yeah, same as above but with decent Italian. Everything else... really hit or miss.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

So I'm planning a trip to tokyo in July. Any must-dine places? Gonna try to get a spot at Sukyabashi Jiro Ginza atleast.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Casu Marzu posted:

I'm holding a remembrance service for it this weekend

Are you selling off your bacon stores??

NightConqueror
Oct 5, 2006
im in ur base killin ur mans
Hey guys, here's a nice little recipe I like to whip up for the buddies before the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJjbtesaD0w

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

NightConqueror posted:

Hey guys, here's a nice little recipe I like to whip up for the buddies before the game.
<lovely 'recipe' video>
:cmon:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
His half-hearted mixing betrays his despair, it was the moment he gave up on life. Here ya go, you fucks.

pogothemonkey0
Oct 13, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
His face is just the ultimate image of a man who has lost his will to live/cook properly.

I'm a huge fan of the cooking and travel channel (when they cover food stuff) and I bet a lot of yall are as well so I think I'll pass along this really promising looking web series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwQns6vGfj4
With luck, it will turn out to be better than sex house.

Roxy Rouge
Oct 27, 2009

Scientastic posted:

I live in Jacksonville. It has it's good and bad bits, but is a very liveable city. I would be happy to talk with you about areas of town to live, great spots to check out restaurant wise etc if you are interested. What kind of post doc?

KWC
Jul 5, 2007
Hello

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Florida is the state people from Ohio make fun of. Just think about that.

Hey. Hey now buddy. I can't tell if that is offensive to me as an Ohioan or not.

But ... you watch your tone there.

... maybe

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Scientastic posted:

Jacksonville.

Sorry in advance.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

KWC posted:

Hey. Hey now buddy. I can't tell if that is offensive to me as an Ohioan or not.

But ... you watch your tone there.

... maybe

I'm from Ohio and I freely admit that we poo poo on Florida because it's one of the few places we can justifiably poo poo on. The only unequivocally good thing about living here that I can think of is that we get good bourbon really cheap without actually being in Kentucky.

Though really the grand Ohio pastime is all of the major cities taking turns dissing each other in a giant daisy chain that inevitably ends at Youngstown or Cleveland. That or we play cornhole. Yes, we invented the meaning of cornhole that doesn't have to do with buttfucking.

Roxy Rouge
Oct 27, 2009

Chemmy posted:

Sorry in advance.

Have you lived in Jacksonville? It, like most places is what you make of it. Not amazing but not horrible unless you let it be. If you are looking for independent breweries, restaurants and bars they are here. It takes a little searching but they are thriving. It is not NYC bit the gems are there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

HOLY gently caress I TASTED :siren:

Not everything, but I was decanting a batch of sauerkraut to can, and without thinking I tasted a bit like usual. Then I thought "hm, this stuff isn't as sour as the last batch, what a sha-HOLY gently caress I TASTED!!!!!!".

Apparently I can detect sour now. :confuoot:

Edit: this is literally me right now:

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 1, 2012