Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I redeemed all the codes one at a time but Axton's never showed up at the quick change station :( Oh well, I got all the other ones I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.
1) Make sure to check your inventory.
2) Make sure to check your inventory on other characters, even ones you haven't loaded lately.

Two of my redeemed skins ended up in a level 8 Salvador save I haven't touched since launch day. :iiam:

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Since I haven't seen anyone post the last codes (and I was stuck on Trick-or-Treater duty the last hour)...

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKTJ-696S5-R9RB6-5RTT3-BTS3H
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJWTB-FZK5T-TKKWT-ZJ5B3-X56B9

These are for the Mechromancer. Also expires on Nov. 4 around midnight Central US.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Duke posted:

I redeemed all the codes one at a time but Axton's never showed up at the quick change station :( Oh well, I got all the other ones I guess.

I've had weirdness with skins too. Apart from not getting Axton's skin, I got the Minecraft skin and head with Maya but the skin went to Sal (who I hadn't even started with at that point) and the head went to Zer0.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Arrath posted:

Does anyone on 360 have a Maggie or any of the legendary ARs they'd be willing to dupe for me?

I've got a Bee, corrosive Conference Call, Babymaker, 67% Tediore mag size relic and quite a few other oranges.

Arrath777

Ya I can help you out. Look for me online. GT: Adregan

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Unkempt Harold is no joke :stare:. The treasure glitch is pretty much the best place to get unspecific legendaries. I've gotten a legendary mechro mod, shredifier, maggie, gub, veruc, whisky tango foxtrot, bonus package, hornet, invader, volcano and unkempt harold. Hell I'll probably get the god damned infinity in here than that loving rear end in a top hat with the titan grip on it.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Marogareh posted:

Unkempt Harold is no joke :stare:. The treasure glitch is pretty much the best place to get unspecific legendaries. I've gotten a legendary mechro mod, shredifier, maggie, gub, veruc, whisky tango foxtrot, bonus package, hornet, invader, volcano and unkempt harold. Hell I'll probably get the god damned infinity in here than that loving rear end in a top hat with the titan grip on it.

I've seen you do it but I don't have a drat clue how it works or where the sweet spot is to get it going. Also thanks again for the stuff!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Speaking of very rare items, what does it take to get Terramorphus to drop a head? I've gotten to the point where I can reliably kill him, but after two days of dropping him over and over all I've gotten was Slayer mods of various stripes. Is it something that only happens if you're fighting him with a crowd?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I've gotten all the Terramorhous head in about I dunno 200 odd fights, with literally 99% of them being solo.

Get more luck or something I dunno.

Original Gamer
Sep 13, 2002

Two playthroughs with ZerO and countless hours farming, never got a single legendary weapon.

First playthrough with Gaige, 2 legendary drops by level 28!

This game is sexist!

Sidenote: Both legendaries were immediately useless, but I did enjoy having an SMG called "Analytical Bitch"

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.
Level 21 with Gaige and christ do I hate the Caustic Caverns all over again. It was way easier with two Sirens going at everything. Managed to get a nice purple corrosive Vladof called Patriot's Anarchist, though.

Has anyone figured out a strategy to not get destroyed by Wormhole Threshers yet, or is it just "shoot at it until it dies"?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

GammaShade posted:

Level 21 with Gaige and christ do I hate the Caustic Caverns all over again. It was way easier with two Sirens going at everything. Managed to get a nice purple corrosive Vladof called Patriot's Anarchist, though.

Has anyone figured out a strategy to not get destroyed by Wormhole Threshers yet, or is it just "shoot at it until it dies"?

Aim for the eyes. Crit em enough and they stop using the wormhole attack.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

GammaShade posted:

Took me a little while to accept it, but the best strategy for most things is "run past anything that isn't essential". Off the top of my head I can only remember one thresher you absolutely have to kill, any "kill X" ones can be farmed in a vehicle.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Original Gamer posted:

Two playthroughs with ZerO and countless hours farming, never got a single legendary weapon.

First playthrough with Gaige, 2 legendary drops by level 28!

This game is sexist!

Sidenote: Both legendaries were immediately useless, but I did enjoy having an SMG called "Analytical Bitch"

If it's any consolation, all playthrough 1 legendaries are useless in the long run.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Hell, even playthrough 2 legendaries are kind of awful compared to what you get in 2.5. I finally just went ahead and sold my Dubble Gub and Royal Deliverance because they were useless compared to anything I've gotten since hitting level 50.

Why the hell is Zero's Slayer of Terramorphous mod still not fixed? It's still boosting a skill in Salvador's tree. How the hell do you make a mistake like that, Gearbox?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Lotish posted:

Why the hell is Zero's Slayer of Terramorphous mod still not fixed? It's still boosting a skill in Salvador's tree. How the hell do you make a mistake like that, Gearbox?

I bolded the answer to your question as to why it hasn't been fixed.

Please however enjoy some pirate themed add-on content while you wait around to see if we do fix it however!!

I'd honestly give it a 50/50 shot. Considering that as as I'm aware they still haven't addressed much bigger issues like entire collected colors and Badass Ranks disappearing.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lotish posted:

Hell, even playthrough 2 legendaries are kind of awful compared to what you get in 2.5. I finally just went ahead and sold my Dubble Gub and Royal Deliverance because they were useless compared to anything I've gotten since hitting level 50.

I love my level 50 Maggie and Bonus Package. :black101:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I love my lowbie legendaries. I can't say I'd recommend farming too heavily for them, but it's kinda nice to have a few things to pass down the chain for each alt, especially if you plan to play all five classes eventually.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

BGrifter posted:

I love my lowbie legendaries. I can't say I'd recommend farming too heavily for them, but it's kinda nice to have a few things to pass down the chain for each alt, especially if you plan to play all five classes eventually.

Hell, I have fond memories of my first legendary, a ridiculously overpowered grenade mod I think I got from Boom-Bewm. That sucker lasted me for many levels despite it being rated level 4.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I just died 20 times to a bad-rear end pyre trasher, how the hell are you supposed to fight those things? Any one hit killed me ( we were at equal level ). I'm assuming it's actually possible to dodge it's attacks..

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Yea the attack where they come out of the ground and essentially one frame nova you is impossible to dodge if you can't distract them. So basically Maya and Salvador are at a bit of a disadvantage so you can't force them to attack something when they come out if you're solo.

There's also the fact that sometimes they literally spawn and make a beeline for you, which makes it hard to react to them without being downed at least once even if you are Axton, Gaige, or Zer0.

Just try to survive the first burst which is easy to do, res yourself with its tentacles and try to kill it as fast as possible. If you're still having trouble do not kill any of its tentacles, as ever tentacles you kill is one less res chance.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:
Anyone have any tips for PT2 crystalisks? I'm playing as Gaige and I ran out of ammo (mostly) critical hitting a crystalisk with a sniper rifle and only broke one leg. Deathtrap is useless against them. I don't think I've killed one on this playthrough, I just run past them. Nothing else gives me this kind of trouble.

Speedball posted:

Hell, I have fond memories of my first legendary, a ridiculously overpowered grenade mod I think I got from Boom-Bewm. That sucker lasted me for many levels despite it being rated level 4.

My Extra Large Deliverance was a joy. It went:
"Alright! Legendary Tediore shotgun!"
"Haha, it flies! That's neat."
"It homes in on enemies! Holy poo poo!"
"IT HOMES IN ON ENEMIES AND FIRES AT THEM BEFORE KAMIKAZING! I AM IN LOVE!:swoon:"

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Jervas Dudley posted:

Anyone have any tips for PT2 crystalisks? I'm playing as Gaige and I ran out of ammo (mostly) critical hitting a crystalisk with a sniper rifle and only broke one leg. Deathtrap is useless against them. I don't think I've killed one on this playthrough, I just run past them. Nothing else gives me this kind of trouble.

Unless Gaige's melee is somehow worse than Maya's, equip Law and sweep the leg like in Karate Kid. The leg crystals are especially weak to melee attacks.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Jervas Dudley posted:

Torgue shotguns do the trick great, can pop them in one shot if you've got some stacks of Anarchy. Torgue ARs or Pistols work as a substitute, but lack the up-front punch. Jakobs snipers can do a ton of damage, pop a leg in three or four bullets. Alternately, a high ROF Vladof pistol or a Tediore / Bandit SMG can drill in crits quickly. Since they're immune to elemental DoTs Maliwans aren't a good idea.

As above, if you have a weapon with a bayonet, that'll do tons of damage. Regular melee won't though, that was patched / bugged recently, needs to be a weapon.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Adregan posted:

Ya I can help you out. Look for me online. GT: Adregan

:tipshat: I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I bolded the answer to your question as to why it hasn't been fixed.

Please however enjoy some pirate themed add-on content while you wait around to see if we do fix it however!!

I'd honestly give it a 50/50 shot. Considering that as as I'm aware they still haven't addressed much bigger issues like entire collected colors and Badass Ranks disappearing.
Did you know: fixing bugs in massive computer games doesn't happen overnight? Sometimes fixing one bug introduces issues with other parts of the game, meaning it takes even more time to fix! It compounds even more when you have three platforms to debug and three groups of players that will all feel betrayed if one platform's patch comes out before the others. Don't forget about those pesky certification processes on consoles!

Did you also know that the team responsible for creating the DLC for massive computer games is likely comprised of people that are entirely unrelated to the team that works on fixing bugs in massive computer games? Believe it or not, this is to allow a development studio to work on more than one thing at the same time!

Amazing science!

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 1, 2012

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So now that Blade's Rapier is out, is Love Thumper the best shield to pair with it?

edit: For Bloodshed Assassin.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Arrath posted:

:tipshat: I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow.

Thanks for the conference call by the way! (I'm hushi907)

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
Anyone that plays maya, one of the things you have to do is get SubSequence and Helios. Go to tundra express, phaselock a varkid, turn around and just walk away like a badass :clint:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

1) Make sure to check your inventory.
2) Make sure to check your inventory on other characters, even ones you haven't loaded lately.

Two of my redeemed skins ended up in a level 8 Salvador save I haven't touched since launch day. :iiam:

It supposedly gives you to them one at a time, so if you keep reloading the same character they should show up.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Strangely, the skins kept showing up after I used them.

I entered all the codes (staring with Gaige and ending with Maya), got on my Gaige and checked my inventory. Found the Maya skin, used it, saved and quit. Got back on Gaige, found another skin (think it was Salvador's) as well as the Maya skin I'd already used. Used Salvador's, quit and got back, found three skins waiting. Repeat till I had all 5, with 4 of them unable to be used cause I already had the skins. I just used the final one, sold the rest, and quit. Dunno if I'll find all five if I log in again.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Jervas Dudley posted:

My Extra Large Deliverance was a joy. It went:
"Alright! Legendary Tediore shotgun!"
"Haha, it flies! That's neat."
"It homes in on enemies! Holy poo poo!"
"IT HOMES IN ON ENEMIES AND FIRES AT THEM BEFORE KAMIKAZING! I AM IN LOVE!:swoon:"
I think this is everyone's first experience with the deliverance. It's just fun to stand in front of a crowd of Rakk and let loose those flying shotguns.

As for crystalisks, try to get a bladed weapon since they can still one-shot the feet.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Marogareh posted:

What's the legendary Mechro mod like? I've been dying to see one of those just to see if it's any better than Terra.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Speedboat Jones posted:

So now that Blade's Rapier is out, is Love Thumper the best shield to pair with it?

edit: For Bloodshed Assassin.

Yes but you'll be needing resurgence or a transfusion/leech grenade if you get hurt bad. The damage it pumps out is so much that you can one shot almost anything regardless if you're in front or behind it. It's pretty ridiculous with many must fall since you can murder entire swathes of enemies in one Decepti0n use.

Kifisonfire posted:

What's the legendary Mechro mod like? I've been dying to see one of those just to see if it's any better than Terra.

It has a 33% cooldown rate and +5 to more pep, strength of 5 gorillas, cooking up trouble, smaller lighter faster, 20% more cooler and the better half. I haven't used Gaige much so dunno if terra is better or not.

Disposable Face
Jan 2, 2012
Has anyone else been getting weird graphics glitches? Sometimes i'll have vending machines and items that glow blue or purple all over or they'll be solid black. Is it my PS3 or is it the game?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So that was weird. I got the halloween skin for Zero, used it, equipped it, and then when I loaded him back up he was back in his usual skin and the halloween skin item was back in my inventory. All other changes had saved--just that one.

So I guess if you find the halloween has gone missing from your customization station, check your bags?

edit: Where's a good place to get the Legendary hunter mod for Assassins? That seems pretty good, but the wiki doesn't say where to find it.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 1, 2012

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I get that all the time too but dunno if it's just on PS3 or not. It's nothing to worry about since it doesn't gently caress with the game.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Disposable Face posted:

Has anyone else been getting weird graphics glitches? Sometimes i'll have vending machines and items that glow blue or purple all over or they'll be solid black. Is it my PS3 or is it the game?

I've been getting that. I don't think it is your PS3, probably just a glitch.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
I get the same occasionally on the 360. It's just a texture that didn't load for whatever reason, even if the same texture loaded for a different instance of the same object in the same area. Nothing to worry about as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I've had that glitch on the 360, usually in Bullymong piles or a small refrigerator-type chest. Had it once on a Zed machine. Doesn't affect the game except to make you pause for a minute and ask if that should hold a quest/legendary item.

• Locked thread