Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Healbot posted:

Any and all goon games in FIFA turned out to be Stoke: Stoking it hard interspersed with the occasional Newcastle: Our Target Man is 7 Foot Big.

Yeah, any multiplayer football game instantly turns into Stoke vs. Stoke, with occasional interspersions of Barcelona. No matter what your opinion of tikki-takka, it has to be said kicking poo poo out of your opponent is way more fun.

Anyway, a gem from a West Ham forum:

quote:

He signed the likes of Diouf and Anelka...

(Claiming that Sam Allardyce likes flair players)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

welp

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
That looks like it's had a minor touch of photoshopping.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

Ninpo posted:

That looks like it's had a minor touch of photoshopping.

Yeah a "minor touch".

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
A wild jokegetter appears.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

Ninpo posted:

A wild jokegetter appears.

Hard to tell when it's someone like you :kiddo:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Big Jim Knew

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Conflicting reports coming from Warsaw: Some journalists in the stadium are reporting that there'll be another pitch inspection in 30 minutes, while others are saying the match is definitely off. I can't stress enough that there is zero chance of a football match being played on this pitch tonight. If you're reading this because you're wife or girlfriend wanted to watch the Great British Bake-Off, don't hold a grudge.

~THEN LATER~

A chippyemail: "Hello, I'm disappointed by your reference to the Great British Bake Off and wives and girlfriends," writes Lyndsey. "I normally have to reserve these sorts of emails for ITV coverage but wouldn't expect that sort of lazy sexism from the Guardian. I'm following on my husband's phone from Morocco as the only bar we can find is showing France v Spain and that sort of generalist comment is just a bit disappointing."

Using your husband's phone to complain about what you perceive to be lazy sexism, Lyndsey? While it was very nice of him to let you borrow it, I think it would be kinder still if he let you have a phone of your own.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/16/world-cup-qualifiers-england-poland-live

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
SRBJA ftw :waycool:

I'll tell you why! PLEASE suspend all football in Serbia after the next match. But not for this. You should have done that before... England's team was there to provoke and initiate suspension only! Game was organized great, stadium was great and whole city was happy to host this match. There is no racism in Krusevac! It's a small and humble place. Foreigners are greeted and welcomed here. I understand that racism is painful subject, but you don't want these guys to fight this war! You are fighting wrong people in the wrong place! This is not justice, and it can only provoke the growth of hate... Crowd was provoked, and they shouted the thing they know would hurt other team the most - but not because they are racist. It's because they don't speak English... It's easy to blame all the worlds problems on f@%$ Serbs - but, it's not the solution to anything! Look at the clip!!! It's Rose, taking 5 minutes to throw the ball in? Each time - Rose? Does he look offended to anyone here - honestly?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Ya know what, everyone hating on a league can go gently caress them selves, considering nearly every mother fucker in this country follows loving rugby league, and they have the nerve to call it football, while they call our beautiful game soccer!a league is probably one of the youngest leagues around so to speak and the growth its had in only 5 years is nothing to make fun of. I promise within 10/15 years there will be a league teams that can give a good chunk of epl teams a run for their money!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

belgend posted:

Ya know what, everyone hating on a league can go gently caress them selves, considering nearly every mother fucker in this country follows loving rugby league, and they have the nerve to call it football, while they call our beautiful game soccer!a league is probably one of the youngest leagues around so to speak and the growth its had in only 5 years is nothing to make fun of. I promise within 10/15 years there will be a league teams that can give a good chunk of epl teams a run for their money!

Can someone translate this for me

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

oliwan posted:

Can someone translate this for me

Replace "a league" with "A-League" and suddenly it makes sense and isn't even that horrible.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Re: Brendan Rodgers from non-Liverpool forums:

Marlon Van Baron posted:

He really is a real life David Brent and quite creepy with it. Defo got the makings of a Jimmy Saville mark II on their hands, whats with the touchy feely when talking to the younger players. I bet he is like the weird PE teacher that wants to shower with all the boys after sports practice..... f**king nonce.

chicoazul posted:

Rodgers is also a bit weird with the young lids and in particular that Shelvey. Did you ever see Glitter or Saville being so brazen to put their hand on a teenager’s shoulder, look deep into their eyes and shower them with compliments? Did you f*ck. This is a Panorama Special 2037 waiting to happen

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gigi Galli posted:

Replace "a league" with "A-League" and suddenly it makes sense and isn't even that horrible.

whoa thanks!

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TyChan posted:

Re: Brendan Rodgers from non-Liverpool forums:

Lol, glitter and Savile did do exactly that though, live on tele!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ninpo posted:

Lol, glitter and Savile did do exactly that though, live on tele!

Big Jock knew

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
I think the main reason Man U have ditched wingers is that the ones we have available are rubbish. Nani is dreadful more often than not nowadays, Ashley Young is wildly overrated and a very average player at this level. Valencia is pleasingly consistent but even he has found himself out of his depth in big games such as the 2011 Champions League Final. We essentially have no choice but to play narrow, especially since we have a real overabundance of central attackers.

Calling Beckham a winger is a stretch as well - a winger dribbles and takes on his man with pace and guile. Becks was simply a right midfielder (who wanted to play centrally).

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Troll.Football

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

the sex ghost posted:

Troll.Football

Nobody go to this, it's the worst thing ever.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

thanks funki b

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

the sex ghost posted:

Troll.Football
im so angry right now. its so bad. so bad.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

8raz posted:

im so angry right now. its so bad. so bad.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

This doesn't even make sense. It's like the first half is a burn on Chelsea and the second half is a burn on United.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
PLEASE SHARE

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

quote:

Charlton once tried to get a result at carrow road and look what happened to them ffs.
In pulis we trust.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Martin Samuel gets paid around £400k a year to write about football

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2228993/Football-rancid-cesspit-racism-Martin-Samuel.html

Martin Samuel posted:

Colin Salmon was voted off Strictly Come Dancing on Sunday night. You know what would be said if that were football. Salmon is an imposingly tall, gentlemanly, well-spoken and stylish black man, by some distance not the worst dancer on the show. He is a respected actor who has appeared in three James Bond films, an accomplished trumpet player and the leader of the Fox Carnival Band, a youth charity active at the Notting Hill Carnival. Without descending into caricature, one presumes that he can cut a rug.

And by last weekend, week five, he was gone. Salmon joins geriatrics Johnny Ball and Jerry Hall and Sid Owen, a chirpy Cockney with two left plates of meat, on Strictly’s early casualty list. Except they were hopeless and he wasn’t. Even so, he said goodbye with such grace and generosity of spirit that, despite the manipulative nature of reality television, it was really quite moving. The judges looked genuinely regretful at his departure. If this were football, the Society of Black Lawyers would have been on to the Metropolitan Police before the titles came up.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus loving christ

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man City lost their biggest fan this weekend.

http://twitter.com/PLEKSTER

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Abu Dave posted:

this dude owns

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Abu Dave posted:

i'm not sure he's *really* a man city fan.

call it a hunch.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

if i'd only waiting to change my av i'd snatch his twitter pic so fast...

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Wow, he really is the best

quote:

PLEKE ‏@PLEKSTER
FACTS 1) REF SHOULD NEVER HAD SENT OFF TORRES OR IVANYVIC. 2) HERNONDEZ WAS A MILE OFFIDE. 3) SIR ALEC OF FERGUSON IS A HUMUNGOUS CHODE.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
mods rename me Sir Alec of Ferguson

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Just when i thought i'd seen the worst of LFC

Wow, what a performance - the liverpool of old!!!! For a while there i thought that we'd turned a corner in the fight to get back to the top but trust that lot to give a performance that'll bring us right back down to earth with a deserving thud.

i've decided i will no longer give this club my support or waste another second watching this mess on a field so long as Joe Cole and Jordan Henderson are associated with our club. The day those to get sold i will renew my 27 years of support. Infact the club should pay another club to take them off our hands - absolutely diabolical. Those 2 players collectively make me want to vomit or have a root canal with a rusty drill - i hate them / hate is a strong word and i literally HATE those 2.

So long... until the sun starts to shine - everyone needs to take their heads out of their a*ses - Gerrard, along with Enrique, Cole, Henderson, Carragher, Downing, Flannagen are toilet. Get rid of them, they offer nothing but pain. Times have changed, stop living in the past and get a winning mentality. For 9 months every year we support you blindly - the same amount of time as you all know that it takes to produce a child - yet time and time again you make supporting you painfull. It's cancerous how a player can don a red shirt and mope around a field with a cant-be-ar*ed attitude. I hate this team but i love Liverpool. I dont blindly support for the sake of it - i expect a return on my 27 years of investing.

This is no longer a viable investment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

I don't get the reference. The execution's not bad, though.