Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
All of the drama in 08-09 was the best. I kept starting to type stories about funny 08/09 drama but there are too many. I liked when people got mad about me refusing to keep a puggle and I liked when Gobble tried to awkwardly deliver me a mod challenge before ragequitting as mod because she reeeeally didn't like my pit bull posts because she has a rescued pit bull and my posts ruined her collective. ANd she called me a dog dumper!!!! I was pretty mad about that. Well, that's about it, those were the things that I liked most. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Either 2007 or 2009. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2710321 I think that might've been the first PI thread I ever read all the way through.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

notsoape posted:

What was everyone's favourite PI era

I think mine was 06-08, I kinda miss all the screeds about ~bybs~ and ~~norwegian forest cats~~ and ~~~afghan hounds~~~ not gonna lie :smith:

Depends on when you started posting. Cause mine is 'before then'.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Also clearly there were way few active ACD/mix owners because someone posted about getting an aussie/acd mix puppy and no one told him to flee while he still could.

I finally got in touch with Pistol's old owner and just found out that Pistol is part Aussie. I knew he wasn't all ACD, but I was hoping the floppy ears came from something a little... calmer. :suicide:

I was walking the dogs yesterday afternoon in hopes of getting their walk in before the trick or treaters came out (roving bands of children and two herding dogs would've ended in disaster), but we ran into a group of little ones on our way back. A four year old pointed at Max and excitedly exclaimed "LOOK IT'S BATDOG!!" and made everyone in her general vicinity look at Batdog :3: He wasn't wearing a costume, but I guess he is kind of black and has pointy ears like a bat. Good enough.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

Superconsndar posted:

All of the drama in 08-09 was the best. I kept starting to type stories about funny 08/09 drama but there are too many. I liked when people got mad about me refusing to keep a puggle and I liked when Gobble tried to awkwardly deliver me a mod challenge before ragequitting as mod because she reeeeally didn't like my pit bull posts because she has a rescued pit bull and my posts ruined her collective. ANd she called me a dog dumper!!!! I was pretty mad about that. Well, that's about it, those were the things that I liked most. :)

Is there such a thing as 'retroactive mod sass'

El Gar posted:

Depends on when you started posting. Cause mine is 'before then'.

Two's cats were literally more interesting than your cat and that is saying something

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

notsoape posted:

Is there such a thing as 'retroactive mod sass'

It was sass to call me a dog dumper!!!! 09 was a good year.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

Superconsndar posted:

It was sass to call me a dog dumper!!!! 09 was a good year.

I have never cared more about dogs or the internet before or since.

2009 man. 2 0 0 9.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

notsoape posted:

I have never cared more about dogs or the internet before or since.

I had a lot of opinions in 09 but 08 is really embarrassing to me because that's when I wrote that bully thread that people still link and I was such an almost rescue lady nublet at the time that seeing it linked is like when your mom shows people pictures of you from when you were a kid and tells people stories about the dumb things you did and it's like "geez mommmmm" :cripes:

edit: woah maybe that was in 09 too, I cba to look

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Topoisomerase posted:

lmao look @ this noob mod

edit: this forum drove me into the Former Mod Protection Program

omg RIP Good Mod. :( No one actually thought you were dumpy or retarded. :911:

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

notsoape posted:

What was everyone's favourite PI era

I think mine was 06-08, I kinda miss all the screeds about ~bybs~ and ~~norwegian forest cats~~ and ~~~afghan hounds~~~ not gonna lie :smith:

When was the year when Jennifer from that terrible designer dog byb register and pretend she was her own satisfied customer? Because that is just about my favorite thing I have ever participated in on any forum, ever.

Also 2009 was the year that got me to register, really.

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.
Had my first run in with the anti-euthanasia crowd today. Not anti-euthanasia as in, no kill shelter type stuff, which I am all for, but people who think it's cruel to deny your pet a "natural death" even when it's clearly suffering. I told them about how one of our old dogs was in so much pain that she couldn't sleep and didn't want to eat, and they suggested that we should have doped her up on pain meds because having a natural death is more important than making sure that your pet doesn't suffer horribly in the end. I feel bad for their pets.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

ButWhatIf posted:

When was the year when Jennifer from that terrible designer dog byb register and pretend she was her own satisfied customer? Because that is just about my favorite thing I have ever participated in on any forum, ever.

Also 2009 was the year that got me to register, really.

Welcome to american. :911:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Azrael Alexander posted:

Had my first run in with the anti-euthanasia crowd today. Not anti-euthanasia as in, no kill shelter type stuff, which I am all for, but people who think it's cruel to deny your pet a "natural death" even when it's clearly suffering. I told them about how one of our old dogs was in so much pain that she couldn't sleep and didn't want to eat, and they suggested that we should have doped her up on pain meds because having a natural death is more important than making sure that your pet doesn't suffer horribly in the end. I feel bad for their pets.

What pieces of poo poo people are for not letting an animal die in horrible agony like god intended? :psyduck:

Next time I have a rat develop chronic pneumonia I'll be sure to let it slowly drown in lung goo over the course of 6 months or so instead of feeding it ice cream while it still feels good enough to eat it and then letting it take a forever nap before it gurgles to death instead.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
A rat like this?

:psyduck:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Man, PI was so full of really lovely training advice in 08 including not to socialize your puppy until 6 months. Also there was a really :lol: worthy thread where people were all swooning over show clumbers.

It seems like there are a lot fewer random posts now. It used to be all "check out this lovely breeder I'm getting a pomadoodle from!" all the time. I'm not sure if people just lump those posts together in FAQ threads now or if they're afraid to post in PI at all.

vvv It's in May of 08 I think. I'll look it up again later if I remember. vvv

Instant Jellyfish fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 2, 2012

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Man, PI was so full of really lovely training advice in 08 including not to socialize your puppy until 6 months. Also there was a really :lol: worthy thread where people were all swooning over show clumbers.

Links please. :catstare:

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Abbeh posted:

A rat like this?

:psyduck:

Dogs that could live as rodents.png

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

...or if they're afraid to post in PI at all.

It's pretty much this. I talk to quite a few other goons outside of PI, and they're all loving terrified of us. All other goons pretty much think that they'll get torn apart for any and every little thing they may not know they're doing wrong, so they're too chickenshit to post because RAWR PI will attack.

Then I think there are a few who think we're like crazy rescue ladies who go around calling our dogs furbabies and dressing them up in clothes, or that we think dressing them up is cruel, I never loving know. :psyduck:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Superconsndar posted:

What pieces of poo poo people are for not letting an animal die in horrible agony like god intended? :psyduck:

Next time I have a rat develop chronic pneumonia I'll be sure to let it slowly drown in lung goo over the course of 6 months or so instead of feeding it ice cream while it still feels good enough to eat it and then letting it take a forever nap before it gurgles to death instead.

My mom still makes "angel of death" type comments to me about putting my childhood cat to sleep, and that was in 2008. I had to kidnap the cat and take it to the vet because they'd been letting it rot for three years. She turned out to have had a UTI for that entire time, had developed diabetes, and all her teeth had broken off or fallen out. My mom was VERY upset that I didn't just bring the cat home after this diagnosis and let her live out her days (as an outdoor cat, since she was incontinent). After all, the cat was old (about 10).

Yep.

You'd better believe this will inform my decisions when my mom gets into her old age.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Also there was a really :lol: worthy thread where people were all swooning over show clumbers.

Conformation showing was, at one time, the pinnacle of dogdom in PI and conformation breeders were the best breeders and well, work was okay I guess but most working breeders are BYBs so it is best to get a show dog and support truly responsible breeding only. It was also full of show ladies.

Then poo poo changed and the show ladies either wisened the gently caress up and became spergy workin dawg ladies, or they threw shitfits and ran away/ragequit, much like their show dogs would in a working environment :smug:

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Skizzles posted:

Then I think there are a few who think we're like crazy rescue ladies who go around calling our dogs furbabies and dressing them up in clothes, or that we think dressing them up is cruel, I never loving know. :psyduck:

Only we may dress up our furbabbys in pwetty faerey costumes. All others are cruel probably BYBing non-BARF feeding monsters.

^ PI is a pretty good compass for what dog people think is right at the time.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

I hate myself for forgetting his name, but awhile back my favorite PI dog ever was the one-eyed whippet. Who liked to lick his owner's starbucks' cup clean of foam after she was done. (which one of my dogs always did with my DD chai tea cups. :3:)

What happened to them? :(

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
^^: I think the doggie was Nemo? He was also missing a leg. Poor Nemo.

I guess I like PI because it's actually willing to change its opinions as new information on stuff becomes available. Caring about things and wanting to keep learning about them is a good thing yayyy. :v:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I didn't really look at Penis Land(Formerly known as Pet Island.) Until my mother brought up the fact that she was gonna get a dog. Then I found out about PI, and I haven't looked back!

My favorite thing as a newcomer is the fact that El Gar is PI's Sassy Poster. Super is the resident Crazy Dog Lady, and the rest of us are just Crazy Animal People.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

I checked out PI when I was thinking of adopting Bailey because I had some vague idea already of what I thought was reasonable/ sound advice and wanted to get more info.

You guys really aren't that bad (maybe very opinionated on weird things sometimes like when I got yelled at by Mr. Furious for telling someone with a pit bull puppy that it shouldn't really be interacting a lot with dogs/ going to dog parks- I don't remember if it was displaying DA or not) and if people are stupid enough to waltz into any sub forum on SA and start running their mouth without getting the lay of the land first, they probably have whats coming to them. We're not mean when giving out training or food advice either- I guess it comes across that way because we're very passionate about it and a touch spergy, but we just want to help.

Confession: I read the rodent thread a lot because we do some work with rats in my lab and I wanted to know more about them. I don't personally work with them, but there was a time when it was looking like I might.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Bash Ironfist posted:

I didn't really look at Penis Land(Formerly known as Pet Island.) Until my mother brought up the fact that she was gonna get a dog. Then I found out about PI, and I haven't looked back!

My favorite thing as a newcomer is the fact that El Gar is PI's Sassy Poster. Super is the resident Crazy Dog Lady, and the rest of us are just Crazy Animal People.

im not crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE IS JUST DUMB,

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

Superconsndar posted:

That's what they all say.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I don't usually post much in this forum but I've read it regularly since around 2008 or so.

My favourite thread was the one who wanted to get that Italian dog that for the life of me I can't remember the name of, but it started with an "M" to "protect her family" because they're bred to protect sheep and even though she lived in an apartment she could totally take proper care of it.

edit: a lot of those details are probably wrong, it was a while ago

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

HookShot posted:

I don't usually post much in this forum but I've read it regularly since around 2008 or so.

My favourite thread was the one who wanted to get that Italian dog that for the life of me I can't remember the name of, but it started with an "M" to "protect her family" because they're bred to protect sheep and even though she lived in an apartment she could totally take proper care of it.

edit: a lot of those details are probably wrong, it was a while ago

The Mareema thread? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3090725

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.
I've been reading SA since 2004 but it wasn't until I wanted to get a cat and started reading PI for catlady advice that I finally registered. So good job, you guys got me to join after 7 years. :shobon:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Haha yes, that one, thank you!

iwik
Oct 12, 2007
A Maremma?

(^^^ woo, beaten)

Fun fact: My sister owns a Maremma/Cattle Dog cross.
Yeah, she's a quirky dog.

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!

Superconsndar posted:

Conformation showing was, at one time, the pinnacle of dogdom in PI and conformation breeders were the best breeders and well, work was okay I guess but most working breeders are BYBs so it is best to get a show dog and support truly responsible breeding only. It was also full of show ladies.

Then poo poo changed and the show ladies either wisened the gently caress up and became spergy workin dawg ladies, or they threw shitfits and ran away/ragequit, much like their show dogs would in a working environment :smug:

GET THE RAT :allears:

I didn't know Skye terrier caterpillardogs existed before PI. The drama between Solana and Super and the sighthound people was pretty great though. ~stubbs~

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

Listen, Super. You ARE crazy, but in a good way! Like if more dog owners were crazy like you, maybe there wouldn't be so many people breeding dogs just for terrible looks.

Also that maremma thread is a fantastic read. :allears:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Neena posted:

GET THE RAT :allears:

I didn't know Skye terrier caterpillardogs existed before PI. The drama between Solana and Super and the sighthound people was pretty great though. ~stubbs~

It was awesome. The dvangels now course the heck out of the floofgans and realized the show ring sucks, but Stubbs is still....Stubbs. Good times. :911:

Baika
Jul 8, 2011

Cap on, apply directly to the rats head.
Rat, why must you sleep where you poop and pee when there are far better places to sleep in your cage..like the hammock, the perch, under the tunnel, in the wheel?

Dr. Chaco
Mar 30, 2005

If I had been drinking or eating when I read that, my monitor would now be all messy.

One Eyed Daruma
Sep 15, 2007
I have a pretty drat odd question: Can anyone help me figure out what the gently caress goes into a "chuggalo" dog?
Someone at work posted an ad for puppies, and I have little to no loving clue, and there are no pictures.
I'm guessing there's Chihuahua, but after that...

ETA: And maybe pug?
Oh god, I think I am starting to figure out why there are no pictures.

One Eyed Daruma fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Nov 2, 2012

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

One Eyed Daruma posted:

I have a pretty drat odd question: Can anyone help me figure out what the gently caress goes into a "chuggalo" dog?
Someone at work posted an ad for puppies, and I have little to no loving clue, and there are no pictures.

crossing a chug and a juggalo

obv.

this is probably the only way you could possibly make a chug worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

One Eyed Daruma posted:

Only thing I could find from Googling were "chuggles", which are Chihuahua/Pug/Beagle. Maybe the owner is a Juggalo, or just a plain old idiot.

• Locked thread