Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think Randy is past the point where that kind of poo poo matters one way or the other.

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm coming from. Orton winning over Barrett means nothing for Orton's career, he didn't need it. No one would be like "oh RKO lost on Smackdown to Wade so he sucks now"

But Barrett needs all the help he can get, losing to Orton in front of a large audience isn't a boost for him.

Anyway I'm sure these guys are going to have 10 more matches and go 5 each, so it doesn't matter in the long run. It's just the silly way WWE books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
They really should have just flipped the order of the victories, then done a street fight at SS. Or maybe a team match that Barrett wins with chicanery to set up a final confrontation (which, frankly, Orton could afford to lose). Either would be fine, really.

Plus if Orton loses the feud, it can provide the impetus for a heel turn, which he prefers anyways.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I am the cold-blooded sausage maker

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
From the B&V show, when the guy called in about the statue and he talks about he isn't one of those guys who gets scared by "those sorts of things" but then gets scared by that sort of thing....

It reminds me so much of internet smarks who buy into wrestling storylines.

Edit: Bryan's airplane story is hilarious.

TLM fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 1, 2012

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
This week's Art of Wrestling guest is Katie Lea.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I am the cold-blooded sausage maker

Only Dusty could use that as a synonym for 'lone wolf'.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Perigryn posted:

This week's Art of Wrestling guest is Katie Lea.

Oh jeez, does Colt bring up the rumored incest angle?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

KungFu Grip posted:

Oh jeez, does Colt bring up the rumored incest angle?
Yep...and she was FINE with it, even disappointed when it never happened. "Cruel Intentions" was mentioned and that one 'out' would be that they're stepsiblings.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 2, 2012

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I don't know if anyone listens to Jay Mohr's podcast, Mohr Stories, but his guest today is RVD. First wrestler I think he's brought in. So far, nothing special, but just a heads up.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
If anyone gets a chance to listen to our new Fantasy Booking Draft thing (currently on Extra but soon on the main feed), I'd love to get your thoughts.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
B&V show was okay. Debate was very lackluster and was taken seriously. Really funny part after the debate where Granny got all confused with the voting procedure.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

TLM posted:

B&V show was okay. Debate was very lackluster and was taken seriously. Really funny part after the debate where Granny got all confused with the voting procedure.

I really enjoyed Craig being the super-professional moderator while Bryan, Vinny, and Granny were all debating silly bullshit totally straight faced.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Just listened to the most recent MLW, did Konnan hint really really heavily that Rey would be jumping to AAA soon?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Just listened to the most recent MLW, did Konnan hint really really heavily that Rey would be jumping to AAA soon?

If he did, it wouldn't be the first time he's hinted that in recent years. It hasn't happened yet.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Rey has at least another year on his deal.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I don't know if it was a recent podcast but my friend was listening to MLW in his car and Konnan took credit for the CM Punk/Rey's daughter "Happy Birthday" angle and "several angles in the Cody Rhodes/Rey feud."

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Listening to WOL with the totally rad bump music really gives it a whole new dimension.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I don't know if it was a recent podcast but my friend was listening to MLW in his car and Konnan took credit for the CM Punk/Rey's daughter "Happy Birthday" angle and "several angles in the Cody Rhodes/Rey feud."

That's plausible in the sense that Rey and Konnan are friends and probably talk shop enough that Rey could pitch angles that he and Konnan came up with.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009

CombineThresher posted:

That's plausible in the sense that Rey and Konnan are friends and probably talk shop enough that Rey could pitch angles that he and Konnan came up with.

Yeah it is definitely believable. Him and Rey are still really close. Dude books down in AAA so he probably just gave Rey some ones he came up with but didn't want to do. It isn't like he said he came up with the gimmick for Damien Sandow.

Konnan doesn't seem to be a bullshitter like that.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
All this Konnan talk reminded me of how much I love when they do impersonations of Konnan talking to Bryan on the DKP show.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Can you give a date/link when that happened?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

dshban posted:

If anyone gets a chance to listen to our new Fantasy Booking Draft thing (currently on Extra but soon on the main feed), I'd love to get your thoughts.

I'd turned off WWE for a few months but came back recently after HIAC/Raw, so I gave SWF a listen at the gym yesterday. I heartily lolled on the treadmill at the anti-dshban political adverts and the tutorial on how to use twitter. Thanks for helping me run five km.

EDIT: I was on the treadmill for about 30 minutes not the entirety of the podcast. 5000 metres in three hours would be pathetic.

britishbornandbread fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 6, 2012

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Am I the only one who's really excited for the LAW's Review-A-Merica election special?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Karmine posted:

Am I the only one who's really excited for the LAW's Review-A-Merica election special?

Nope :haw::hf::haw: I have no idea how John & Wai don't work themselves to death with seemingly daily podcasts on top of their regular Fight Network duties. Been looking forward to the election podcasts ever since they mentioned possibly doing it a month or so ago.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
Colt is once again teasing a great big interview this week, one he's wanted forever. His one hint was "lots of swearing".

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'm hoping for New Jack

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

britishbornandbread posted:

I'd turned off WWE for a few months but came back recently after HIAC/Raw, so I gave SWF a listen at the gym yesterday. I heartily lolled on the treadmill at the anti-dshban political adverts and the tutorial on how to use twitter. Thanks for helping me run five km.

EDIT: I was on the treadmill for about 30 minutes not the entirety of the podcast. 5000 metres in three hours would be pathetic.

I'd be impressed by either. Thanks! Let's Teach Larry Twitter Part 2 is on this week.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Frilled Lizard posted:

Colt is once again teasing a great big interview this week, one he's wanted forever. His one hint was "lots of swearing".

Mr. 1859120

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Frilled Lizard posted:

Cornette.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Perigryn posted:

Cornette.

It's the Undertaker and the whole interview is about cucumbers.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Cornette is a guy who doesn't "get" Cabana, according to Steen, so I sorta doubt it.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Cornette is a guy who doesn't "get" Cabana, according to Steen, so I sorta doubt it.

He might not get him but he'll still have him on the show.

He had Masters, who he called a total rear end in a top hat.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I think I am going to start a James Thompson's Colossal Concerns podcast thread of its own, but might hit you guys up in here for some more general podcasting advice if that's OK?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

willie_dee posted:

I think I am going to start a James Thompson's Colossal Concerns podcast thread of its own, but might hit you guys up in here for some more general podcasting advice if that's OK?

No, get the gently caress out of here with that.

Of course it's fine, dude. Feel free to crosspost it too, it's cool.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I fear for the day I get tired of Dave mocking the idea there are 157 million wrestling fans in the US.

Bryan: We didn't get a breakdown state by state. There might be zero wrestling fans in Connecticut.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The new Art of Wrestling just popped up on iTunes.

It was Jamie Dundee.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GoutPatrol last year posted:

Cena is a lock. Brock Lesnar is also going on the ballot too.

MassRayPer last year posted:

Cena won't get in next year. 6 years on top, three of which have seen alarming drops in business and ratings aren't enough. He'll eventually get in though.

:smug:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Poor Assassins.
Came 1 vote short in 2011 and fell 26 short this year.

e:

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I'd bet the new entrants are all guys who fell just short in 2011. Hans Schmidt, Assassins, Captain Lou, Carlos Colon, and Mick McManus.
Should have bet on Cena.

Actual WON HOF Class of 2012: Schmidt, Albano, McManus, Cena, Alfonso Morales, Gus Sonnenberg.

ee: :wcw: beat Edge 98 votes to 95. Just over 50 more to go.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Nov 8, 2012

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yeah that was a really bad call in retrospect.

I am really bad at guessing who goes into the HoF in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I love hearing Dave talk about historic wrestling figures I've never heard of.

I really need to get into 80-90s puro someday.

• Locked thread