Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I'm imagining a chug in clown make-up and I'm not sure if it's hilarious, sad or horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
Here have some pictures of a designer Bippetton

:3:

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Anyone remember, I think her name was, Salival or something like that? Damned if I remember all what was in it, but I think she wrote the old crate training FAQ and I think she had an American bulldog. I think I started posting in here just before she got busy and fell off the face of the earth. You guys got me itching to go through the archives and dig all that stuff up. I can't remember anything about posting back then except I already had my persuasive argument ready to go when I posted about wanting a husky and that I had American and English bulldogs mixed up.

That just made me realize, I've had Buddy for 6 years this Thanksgiving!

Also, Mouse. :3:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Wasn't there followup to this thread on some other dog forum? Like, she posted about how the puppy (shockingly) decided to obsessively guard a tree in the yard it was locked in? To the point where it ripped up all the bushes around it and freaked out at birds? Either way, that's still my favorite thread to pull up and laugh at sometimes.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Kerfuffle posted:

^^: I think the doggie was Nemo? He was also missing a leg. Poor Nemo.

I guess I like PI because it's actually willing to change its opinions as new information on stuff becomes available. Caring about things and wanting to keep learning about them is a good thing yayyy. :v:

Yes, Nemo!
He was amazing. :3:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Nuns with Guns posted:

Wasn't there followup to this thread on some other dog forum? Like, she posted about how the puppy (shockingly) decided to obsessively guard a tree in the yard it was locked in? To the point where it ripped up all the bushes around it and freaked out at birds? Either way, that's still my favorite thread to pull up and laugh at sometimes.

Yeah here it is: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/165357-my-maremma-puppy/

Strangely enough she didn't listen to any of the advice there either.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aww, Mouse has a little beard now. :3: Dogs with beards are great.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

WolfensteinBag posted:

Also, Mouse. :3:

Time loving flies, because we've had Balen 6 years back in July. Honestly, it still feels like I got him like, a month ago.

And yeah, Mouse is way too damned cute. And rather unmouselike now. poo poo. When did you get so big, Mouse?

wtftastic posted:

Yeah here it is: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/165357-my-maremma-puppy/

Strangely enough she didn't listen to any of the advice there either.

I'm not gonna be all crazy internet detective and post it, but there's a few baby/kids forums she's out there with too. And she still has the dog last I saw her posting.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
I've been on SA since within the first year of its existence (reg date is misleading; I think we had a server change or something and everyone had to make new usernames.)

Even though I only really started posting in PI fairly recently, I've been reading it since The Beginning. Beagles, Afghans, Maremmas, a thousand incarnations of the Bully thread and endless promises of the Primitive thread being made until, one day, the dream came true. When I'm bored at work, I just pull up archives and reread all the best drama threads. I kind of miss the DVangels.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

I still want to know what happened with ZIMS and Dexter. One of PI's finest moments.

I do miss the occasional shitshows we used to have. Nothing ever melts down as spectacularly as it used to. It was nice to just watch a thread go from trying to help a dumb person, to angrily demanding to know why the poster asked for advice they weren't going to take, to just trolling the poo poo out of them because they were never going to listen to sense anyway, until they called us LITERAL IRL DOG NAZIS and flounced off in a huff.

I mean, come on, PI has only had one actual literal irl dog Nazi furry and she hasn't really been seen around here since the glorious Helldump thread exposed her. Oh Labinnah. :allears:

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

WolfensteinBag posted:

:D We just hit 3 years with Kaidan a couple weeks ago!

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
LoL I believe it was Jennifer's Precious Hearts or something? I think semi recently it was discovered that it was back up, but I just looked, so unless I have the name wrong I didn't see it.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

November 7, 2009 was the day we brought Husker home, so he's coming up on his anniversary with us. He's been at every Thanksgiving we've hosted at my house :3:

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

[quote="Kerfuffle" post=""""]
LoL I believe it was Jennifer's Precious Hearts or something? I think semi recently it was discovered that it was back up, but I just looked, so unless I have the name wrong I didn't see it.
[/quote]

It was "Jennifer's Tiny Hearts."

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

Serella posted:

I still want to know what happened with ZIMS and Dexter. One of PI's finest moments.

IIRC, Dexter was adopted, then left tied up somewhere, picked up by animal control and there were a bunch of posts asking for transport help. Unfortunately ZIMS never replied to my offer to pick him up and drive him back to her/the rescue of her choosing (I'm local) so I assume that was the end of it.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

demozthenes posted:

IIRC, Dexter was adopted, then left tied up somewhere, picked up by animal control and there were a bunch of posts asking for transport help. Unfortunately ZIMS never replied to my offer to pick him up and drive him back to her/the rescue of her choosing (I'm local) so I assume that was the end of it.

He also had wounds consistent with ~having been fought~ (or getting into a fight, w/e)

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Drum posted:

It was "Jennifer's Tiny Hearts."

Hahaha even more appropriate for someone BYBing sickly teacup dogs.

Nothing on google except for the thread (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3220470), but the result came up on goduckgo, looks like the site is gone.

http://www.jenniferstinyhearts.com/

e: haha I'm glad people quoted some choice stuff from her though this is amazing.

VV: Explainnnnnn, I knew there was a big e/n blow out thing but I never heard the full context at all.

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 2, 2012

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
Woah, Papaya. Her fall from grace might have been the most :psyduck: of all.

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

Kerfuffle posted:

VV: Explainnnnnn, I knew there was a big e/n blow out thing but I never heard the full context at all.

Seconding this, PI crossover to other subforums are always the best. Maso's half-baked attempt at a TFLC thread was great fun.

Who was the Nazi furry? I distinctly recall a Nazi furry getting a cliche German dog breed and naming it some cliche German name.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

demozthenes posted:

Seconding this, PI crossover to other subforums are always the best. Maso's half-baked attempt at a TFLC thread was great fun.

Who was the Nazi furry? I distinctly recall a Nazi furry getting a cliche German dog breed and naming it some cliche German name.

Labinnah! She got a german pinscher named Dresden and things went downhill from there.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Labinnah! She got a german pinscher named Dresden and things went downhill from there.

Just realized I know this person by another handle, had no idea they were like that or even on SA, ever. :stare:

I guess you never really know a person online, though.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

I want a german pincher.
don't hate me PI

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

WolfensteinBag posted:

Anyone remember, I think her name was, Salival or something like that? Damned if I remember all what was in it, but I think she wrote the old crate training FAQ and I think she had an American bulldog. I think I started posting in here just before she got busy and fell off the face of the earth. You guys got me itching to go through the archives and dig all that stuff up. I can't remember anything about posting back then except I already had my persuasive argument ready to go when I posted about wanting a husky and that I had American and English bulldogs mixed up.

Sachiel and I hung out with Salival at a doggeshow in Florida once. :cool:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Greycious posted:

I want a german pincher.
don't hate me PI

As long as you don't think former Nazis are "nice old men" that you want to hang out with and/or you're a not weird furry Nazi sympathizer I think you're ok. Dogs with eyebrow spots are pretty fantastic.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Bash Ironfist posted:

El Gar is PI's Sassy Poster

This is a mischaracterization I am not sassy. Please change your post to reflect this fact, and thank you in advance.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

Greycious posted:

I want a german pincher.
don't hate me PI

y/n have you ever drawn a picture of a seductively posed naked kangaroo

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

demozthenes posted:

Yeah, I remember that. It was weird that she just stopped posting forever, though.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Serella posted:

Yeah, I remember that. It was weird that she just stopped posting forever, though.

She spent a few months IMing me on AIM incessantly with constant pet island e/n and it was really awkward. She made a few references about the possibility of a rescue pulling him from animal control, then made a bunch of excuses about how she was moving soon and needed him gone and it was all just too much for her to handle. From her tone I don't think anyone pulled him, or she would have made a triumphant post about it or at least said it on aim. Pretty sure she washed her hands of the whole thing and left Dexter to rot. Shortly after she fell off of the face of the earth and her body was never found.

edit: oh man and I forgot, IRC drama contributed to her demise. She had some kind of screaming internet breakdown over IRC shortly before her disappearance.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Greycious posted:

I want a german pincher.
don't hate me PI

We almost named Sigma Panzer :ohdear:

And my grandma is actually half German :ohdear:

Eta: lol @ Sigma being Panzer. He is definitely a Siggy

adventure in the sandbox fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 2, 2012

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

There's a dude who owns a georgous pincher in my neighborhood. The dog has to wear a muzzle all the time because it tries to eat other dogs, and snaps at the dude. Awesome dog, but it'd be too much for me to handle. :shobon:

fake edit: I want an Irish wolfhound. Maybe two.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I keep hearing about hybrid vigor, so I'm thinking about getting a wolf hybrid, I mean it's right there in the name. I have a 7 month old daughter, should I keep the dog locked in the spare room 24/7?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

I keep hearing about hybrid vigor, so I'm thinking about getting a wolf hybrid, I mean it's right there in the name. I have a 7 month old daughter, should I keep the dog locked in the spare room 24/7?

No, but locking it in it's crate for 14+ hours a day is perfectly okay. I read it on an advertisement banner once.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I think if you take it for a brisk walk for about 30 minutes every other day he'll be fine!

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
PINSCHER, for the love of GOD!! KNOW YOUR DOG MINUTIAE!!! :ssj:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

notsoape posted:

PINSCHER, for the love of GOD!! KNOW YOUR DOG MINUTIAE!!! :ssj:

Woah man we're just talking about doberman pinchers here, no reason to get bent outta shape!

Anyways besides the two irish wolfhounds I also want a pharaoh hound. Livin' the crazy dog person dream. :allears:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Pew! Pew! posted:

I think if you take it for a brisk walk for about 30 minutes every other day he'll be fine!

I assume that I don't have to let it out otherwise? The way I see it, wild animals don't come across fire hydrants very often, so they must be able to hold it for days at a time. I'm sure this trait will come with the wolf part of our new companion's lineage.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

Bash Ironfist posted:

Woah man we're just talking about doberman pinchers here, no reason to get bent outta shape!

Double check the spelling bro I am incredibly mad about this!!

:mad:!!!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I've heard good things about these doggerman pinkers.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
I prefer datsuns.

Actually in my hoarding dreams I would have a matching set of Dobe, German Pinscher, Manchester terrier, Minpin and black and tan smooth Dachshund :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Pinchy pinchy pincher

I want a pinchy dog :saddowns:

• Locked thread