Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Well they have plenty of stuff for the next one with the conventions and Mitt Romney opening his mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Undeclared Eggplant posted:

No Bugle coming this week, although I think there's going to be another short thing from Andy. They said they should be back next week.

Bugle methadone fix says they'll be back with a full episode next week (this week) at 4:50 :raise:

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

bobkatt013 posted:

Well they have plenty of stuff for the next one with the conventions and Mitt Romney opening his mouth.

Don't forget Putin's flight and Kate Middleton's topless paparazzi photos.

Dezoth
Mar 26, 2010

FrensaGeran posted:

Bugle methadone fix says they'll be back with a full episode next week (this week) at 4:50 :raise:

Andy said on Twitter yesterday that John wouldn't be able to record this week because he is at a wedding.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Dezoth posted:

Andy said on Twitter yesterday that John wouldn't be able to record this week because he is at a wedding.

He really did meet his new wife at the convention.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Who's chipping in on the voluntary subscription? I'm doing $2/mo

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
In another month or two I should be in a more consistent state, financially, at which point I'll be in for $5/mo or so.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Heners_UK posted:

Who's chipping in on the voluntary subscription? I'm doing $2/mo

I dunno, man, triathlons and puppy killing sounds pretty good...

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Zoltzman's "Haha your dead" football cheers make me drop a dish and break it I was laughing so hard.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I was sort of angry about being without a full-length Bugle for a few weeks, and then all that disappeared with those football chants.

Ee-ei-ee-ei-ee-ei-o!
Off to the cemetery you go!
You were someone’s granddad,
They’re crying tears of woe,
But you will be gobbled up by worms
Or else you’ll decompose
Ee-ei-ee-ei-ee-ei-o!

e: "Kaboom! Take that, Marie Antoinette." - the French, October 1793

mrpwase fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Sep 23, 2012

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Billy the Mountain posted:

Zoltzman's "Haha your dead" football cheers make me drop a dish and break it I was laughing so hard.

I was at the grocery store picking up some food and I was cracking up as I walked down the aisles. People must have thought I'd lost my mind.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Rapidly Going Deaf > The Bugle : Piss off the snake and throw it at me, will ya

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

Oh gently caress me, no. NO. That is not a fish. That is a method of preparing fish.

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
Between this week's stuff and the party horn (do those have another name?) a few bugles ago, I am loving giving Andy ridiculous props.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I just started to go trough the backlog (starting from episode 1) and holy poo poo are the early episodes great. Also it's hilarious how prophetic they are.

"Mitt Romney quit the presidential race. Phew, dodged a bullet there" - John Oliver, early 2008.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
In case anybody didn't know, Andy was a guest at one of my favourite quiz podcast, International Waters. I recommend it, cause it's a good episode.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

Popelmon posted:

I just started to go trough the backlog (starting from episode 1) and holy poo poo are the early episodes great.

I did the same thing recently and was blown away. I was expecting them to take a good while to find their footing, get their rhythm in sync, figure out their style... none of which happened. Grade-A Premium Bullshit right off the bat.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Happy 5th birthday, the Bugle! Wonderful.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I will never get tired of them mocking the Queen.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
What episode is it where Andy does an impression of the Queen doing swearobics? Is it 198?

rockamiclikeavandal
Jul 2, 2010

One work's out!

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011

onoflalks posted:

What episode is it where Andy does an impression of the Queen doing swearobics? Is it 198?

It's 196 around 36:30.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Scorpion 3-2 posted:

It's 196 around 36:30.

Thanks, I got there through listening to all of the pre-200 ones backwards eventually and it's still as funny as it was the first time.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm mad that they apparently missed out on the Berlusconi news for yesterday's Bugle. It should be good next week, and I loved John's Mitt Romney burn (he said, if elected, the white house would be the smallest house Mitt Romney has ever lived in).

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
From their Facebook page:

quote:

Dear Silvio, next time you get sent down can you do it before we record, and not as soon as we finish?
All out love,
The Bugle

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

So how giddy are John and Andy going to be or are they going to focus more on Sandy?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

So how giddy are John and Andy going to be or are they going to focus more on Sandy?

If there's one thing two THREE things that makes John and Andy happy, it's Silvio Berlusconi's hilarious life. And Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO.

e: And stupid buildings.

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 2, 2012

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

onoflalks posted:

If there's one thing two things that makes John and Andy happy, it's Silvio Berlusconi's hilarious life. And Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO

What about stupid buildings?

upstart
Oct 30, 2012

I've got this

bobkatt013 posted:

What about stupid buildings?

Review Bugle #97. From North Korea to Dubai, this is required bugle lore.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

upstart posted:

Review Bugle #97. From North Korea to Dubai, this is required bugle lore.

I know it is one of my favriote episodes. John was laughing so so hard at the stupid stupid buildings.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
#99 Is still the best episode though...:colbert:

Nothing can beat the Milan Cathedral used as a weapon.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

How do you guys find the old Bugles? Nothing before the 120s is in my itunes anymore for some reason.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

erezaka posted:

How do you guys find the old Bugles? Nothing before the 120s is in my itunes anymore for some reason.

http://gamesplusone.com/thebugle/

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Thanks!

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

Omar coming, yo. Taco cannon.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I really cannot see how coffee going extinct wasn't actually the biggest news this week. 'Centrist neoliberal president elected' vs. 'lovely mornings forever', there's no contest. :colbert:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Home of the brave. And cowardly. And the downright lazy.

And that punrun in the end was absolutely magical :allears:.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I hate the opening sting on every Bugle. Deafens me every time.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Mr. Squishy posted:

I hate the opening sting on every Bugle. Deafens me every time.
Holy poo poo, seriously. On occasion I've queued up a few to listen to on a long train journey and started to doze off... then the SSHHHWOMP comes in at the start of an episode and I jump out of my goddamn seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

TACD posted:

Holy poo poo, seriously. On occasion I've queued up a few to listen to on a long train journey and started to doze off... then the SSHHHWOMP comes in at the start of an episode and I jump out of my goddamn seat.

Agreed. It's so much louder than the rest of the show, it's ridiculous. I was hoping that it would go away once they weren't part of Newscorp anymore, but no...

• Locked thread