Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Voight Kampf device :tviv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Jesus Walter why are you so awesome?

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
Does Peter need his help? It looks like he's building the machine just fine without the observer.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Well gently caress.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Well, a classic from the Jack Bauer playbook here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It probably did cripple them for years, except you know, TIME TRAVEL.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
So...did he build the device correctly or not?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Please let this mean they're putting Observer tech into Peter.

e: YESSSS

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh my this is so hosed up. Peter please don't stick that in your brain.

:gonk: Uuuuughhh

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GamingHyena posted:

So...did he build the device correctly or not?

I think he did and their plan worked, its just that they were able to instantaneously resume shipments because they just sent it later on their end.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Peter you can't just jam that in there you moron.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I, uh, think that was a profoundly dumb thing to do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SouthLAnd posted:

Peter you can't just jam that in there you moron.

It's okay, he has magic thing juice.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
This is getting hosed up

Edit: Aw gently caress, that's it for tonight?? Way too short!

CreamCheese
Oct 23, 2002

Peter dies from an aneurism. End of fringe.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
The title of this episode is "An Origin Story" right?

Peter is the first observer?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Peter is neo

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Peter is Neo.

Next week looks great.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Erp, maybe that is too spoilery.

*Edited*

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I wonder if this is why she is so important, that her death causes Peter places the tech in his brain and allows the observers to be defeated

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
He is the One. :aaa:

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Stealthed Zombie posted:

The title of this episode is "An Origin Story" right?

Peter is the first observer?

Heh heh if it turns out that he is and that what they need to do to prevent the dystopian future is to change the past so Peter Bishop never exists that will be pretty funny.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

His murder face at the end there when he's looking in the mirror is identical to the one he had at the end of the episode where he killed the all the shapeshifters.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lockout username posted:

Heh heh if it turns out that he is and that what they need to do to prevent the dystopian future is to change the past so Peter Bishop never exists that will be pretty funny.

Oh my god. That would be so ridiculous.

But on the other hand, the Observers seemed to be okay with Peter not existing - it's only September who deemed him "important".

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh my god. That would be so ridiculous.

But on the other hand, the Observers seemed to be okay with Peter not existing - it's only September who deemed him "important".

The 'science team' observers, who we have been told are not really keen on the whole 'invasion' thing. Maybe September just didn't have the heart to delete Peter and prevent the invasion, but the rest of the brains were willing to sacrifice even their own existence to prevent the enslavement of humanity in the past.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I tried searching for that Peter Bishop is Missing commercial from awhile back but all I got were really, really weird shipping music videos.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Nice touch on the cubes, when activated, the lights flashed green-green-green-red. Love a good callback.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Plotac 75 posted:

The 'science team' observers, who we have been told are not really keen on the whole 'invasion' thing. Maybe September just didn't have the heart to delete Peter and prevent the invasion, but the rest of the brains were willing to sacrifice even their own existence to prevent the enslavement of humanity in the past.

That doesn't seem likely. September then continued to flout the authority of the other Observers and worked with the Fringe team to create this plan to do something about the invasion. If the science team as a whole were opposed to the invasion, they were in a good position to do more to stop it. There's been no indication that they were against it so I think September was the only rogue.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Peter what did you doooooo????

Holy gently caress what an episode. Next week looks even better.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

They are just going full speed all the time this season. It's great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SLOSifl posted:

They are just going full speed all the time this season. It's great.

Having a set end date is probably the best thing for this kind of story telling. I'm so glad we're getting this seaosn.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Next Week Promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_GgRKnfmks

Peter might just turn into the Terminator before all this is done. I loved Olivia's little quip to the observer before she shot him. "Yeah, it is that kind of gun."

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 3, 2012

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I want to know what happened to September!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

October

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

Highly trained by the US military at expedient semen processing.
This whole peter is the first observer kind of makes sense. Much of last seasons was one group of observers trying to prevent Peter from being born.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Did it bother anyone else that the dimensional portal device was just a laser printer with the outside plastic removed?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

plainswalker75 posted:

Did it bother anyone else that the dimensional portal device was just a laser printer with the outside plastic removed?

On a show about a drug using mad scientist, multiple universes, and bullet-time time traveling dapper fellows, no I do not.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Holy crap, I can't believe that they might actually be doing the thing that everyone joked/theorized about at the end of season 3.

From this, the best Fringe video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRMZDxN0Pdk

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

VDay posted:

From this, the best Fringe video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRMZDxN0Pdk

I don't know how I've never seen this before, but that was loving awesome and insanely creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

• Locked thread