Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Holding back theoretical forces that could help a situation like that? How would that be cowardly? I think it would have to take some massive balls. But since the president isn't a sociopath, I don't think that's what happened.

quote:

But when the Libyans failed to respond, the security team, which routinely carries small arms, went ahead with the rescue attempt. At no point was the team told to wait, the officials said.

Instead, they said the often outmanned and outgunned team members made all the key decisions on the ground, with no second-guessing from senior officials monitoring the situation from afar.

Holy poo poo. I WON'T VOTE 4 A COWARD

:argh: OBAMA :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Rename 300.avi to secret_benghazi_footage.avi and post to facebook. Score one for patriotism.

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf

Armyman25 posted:

Latest FB about Benghazi.

This thing is feeding on itself.

The C-130's armament is pretty much whatever personal weapons are issued to the crew. There are a lot of these, deployed all around the world.

The AC-130 is a small production run aircraft (about two dozen in current service), of which two were sent to Libya but based out of Aviano in Italy. If they were on the ramp, loaded and ready for operations, took off at the exact second the attack started (9:40pm), ignored an inevitable recall order when the attack finished (11pm) and flown at their absolute top airspeed (260 knots), they would have completed the 1050 mile flight over Benghazi three and a half hours later, or two hours after the first attackers left.

This is also assuming that the Libyan government would approve the plane even going into Libya's airspace - the rapid response CIA team from Tripoli made it to Benghazi at 1:15am, but the Libyan government would not even let them clear the airport for 3 and a half hours because there was no threat and no mission plan - do you really think they would let an aircraft that fires 105mm howitzer shells downward into a urban environment just fly in and start shooting ?

On top of this, the AC-130 carries 14 crew and very fragile - when one was shot down by a single Iraqi soldier in 1991 using an 1970's era Strela 2 strict rules were put in place with regards to what combat area they could be deployed to. It is not a "fly over there and shoot guys with rifles" plane, it is designed as an anti-vehicle platform with very specific missions.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

evilbastard posted:

The C-130's armament is pretty much whatever personal weapons are issued to the crew. There are a lot of these, deployed all around the world.

The AC-130 is a small production run aircraft (about two dozen in current service), of which two were sent to Libya but based out of Aviano in Italy. If they were on the ramp, loaded and ready for operations, took off at the exact second the attack started (9:40pm), ignored an inevitable recall order when the attack finished (11pm) and flown at their absolute top airspeed (260 knots), they would have completed the 1050 mile flight over Benghazi three and a half hours later, or two hours after the first attackers left.

This is also assuming that the Libyan government would approve the plane even going into Libya's airspace - the rapid response CIA team from Tripoli made it to Benghazi at 1:15am, but the Libyan government would not even let them clear the airport for 3 and a half hours because there was no threat and no mission plan - do you really think they would let an aircraft that fires 105mm howitzer shells downward into a urban environment just fly in and start shooting ?

On top of this, the AC-130 carries 14 crew and very fragile - when one was shot down by a single Iraqi soldier in 1991 using an 1970's era Strela 2 strict rules were put in place with regards to what combat area they could be deployed to. It is not a "fly over there and shoot guys with rifles" plane, it is designed as an anti-vehicle platform with very specific missions.

Look I have seen transformers and played all of the Call of Duty games. I think I know a lot mroe about the c130 than you liberals...

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
^^^ What's funny is the CoD games do call them AC-130s correctly.

Someone posted some pictures and a dialogue as a joke but it really bewilders me people cant accept the situation might have more nuance than "Obama literally watched marines die on camera while laughing maniacally at their pleas for help".

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Not an e-mail or anything. I was visiting my mother this last Wednesday, and she asked me who was voting for. Obama, right? I tell her yes.

"Well good! I'm voting Obama cause the world likes him. He is a Muslim you know! That means he wont piss off the Arabs!"

"Mom.. he's not a Muslim..."

"Sure he is! Barrack Obama! Thats a Muslim name! and he looks like a Muslim! I voted McCain last time cause Obama didn't look like a President cause he is black. And I was going to vote Romney this year, because after the debates I saw he had 5 sons and all those grandkids. But then I looked at his eyes and he looked like a lizard. So I'm voting Obama."

:psyboom:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

winterwerefox posted:

Not an e-mail or anything. I was visiting my mother this last Wednesday, and she asked me who was voting for. Obama, right? I tell her yes.

"Well good! I'm voting Obama cause the world likes him. He is a Muslim you know! That means he wont piss off the Arabs!"

"Sure he is! Barrack Obama! Thats a Muslim name! and he looks like a Muslim! I voted McCain last time cause Obama didn't look like a President cause he is black. And I was going to vote Romney this year, because after the debates I saw he had 5 sons and all those grandkids. But then I looked at his eyes and he looked like a lizard. So I'm voting Obama."

homer_simpson_voting.avi

HMDK
Sep 5, 2009

...and they all pretend they're orphans, and their memory's like a train

winterwerefox posted:

Is hilarisad a word yet?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

winterwerefox posted:

She needs professional help and A LOT of meds. Also this might be hereditary so get yourself checked up on soon.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

sicarius posted:

Saw this one tonight... from a guy I frequently argue with.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/10/obamas_taqqiya_unravels.html#ixzz2B0krL3Xw

I think I argue with him so much that he asked people not to reply because this formerly Muslim convert to Christianity's story moved him that he had this to say...

Read this on my commute last night and strongly recommend this for anyone interested in American narratives on Islam. Not sure of the precise sociological term; is it "magical thinking" when Freepers think Muslims have such an aversion to pork that the threat of being shot with lard-coated bullets will deter even the most hardened terrorist?

This article by former-Muslim writer Nonie Darwish is impressive in that it has the most reductionist, Orientalist, childlike simplistic analysis of Islam, but it supposedly written by an expert. Plus all the great conspiracy theories like "my Muslim faith", Benghazi-gate, and the claim that uber-covert Islamic operative BHO is blatantly wearing a ring with the Shahada engraved on it. Full on Scooby Doo sleuthing here.

I also love how she makes out the Baath Party and other Arab Communist movements out to be some uber-evil crossbreed with Islam, and united together against "the Christian god." This is goddamn hilarious, as a huge chunk of Islamic-world Communist groups considered religion to be, at best, a cultural narrative that could be used to more appealing package secular politics, and at worst just reactionary bullshit. Most of these regimes hated the hell out radical religious groups, and slaughtered them in Syria and Iraq. And so far as teaming up to fight Christianity, the Baath Party was founded by a Greek Orthodox Christian in Syria.

Setting aside lack of historical knowledge, one of the better bits showing a 8yr old's level of logic:

quote:

According to Sharia, it is a capital crime for a Muslim individual or leader to shoot at fellow Muslims -- even Islamists -- for the purpose of protecting Americans. That would make Obama a violator of Sharia and an apostate. If Obama considers himself a Muslim and wears an Islamic ring, then he must have had a very hard time deciding on how to protect the consulate without killing Muslim attackers. His solution? Settling for the lesser of two evils: getting Muslims, in the form of Libyan security, to guard the property and in this way, forcing Muslims to shoot other Muslims in order to defend the consulate. But that plan was useless because even the Muslim guards had to follow Sharia, and ran away and left the Americans to be killed rather than violate Sharia themselves by killing other Muslims.

Seriously, read the drat thing if you like this kind of thing, and realise that this lady gets paid to write books and make speeches. gently caress my life.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

She needs professional help and A LOT of meds. Also this might be hereditary so get yourself checked up on soon.

Her brother is in state care for schizophrenia. We all think she needs meds. Luckily, none of my brothers nor I seem to have inherited her insanity. Yet. The sad thing is, if she is crazy or not, all this fits into a consistent world view that the History Channel's Ancient Aliens is real history for her, the Bible is tales of aliens coming down in glowing ships, and heroes of mythology are alien human hybrids with powers beyond that of normal men. Insane... but consistent. :unsmith:

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 3, 2012

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nonia posted:

According to Sharia, it is a capital crime for a Muslim individual or leader to shoot at fellow Muslims -- even Islamists -- for the purpose of protecting Americans. That would make Obama a violator of Sharia and an apostate. If Obama considers himself a Muslim and wears an Islamic ring, then he must have had a very hard time deciding on how to protect the consulate without killing Muslim attackers. His solution? Settling for the lesser of two evils: getting Muslims, in the form of Libyan security, to guard the property and in this way, forcing Muslims to shoot other Muslims in order to defend the consulate. But that plan was useless because even the Muslim guards had to follow Sharia, and ran away and left the Americans to be killed rather than violate Sharia themselves by killing other Muslims.

Nope. Not true. Not true at all.

I have a very hard time believing that she was Muslim, and if that is true then she hasn't read a single thing beyond the prejudiced narrative.

One note : Taqqiya. It is true that Islam recommends (NOT commands) lying when in the face of danger due to discrimination, and in fact it is the only time where Islam actually condones lying.

Lying to further Islam's cause? Well that may as well be a grave sin. In Islam any sort of preaching or cause-furthering is to be done completely straight. Remaining on the moral high ground is very much a thing.

Kat R. Waulin
Jul 30, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Remember the Murfreesboro, Tn Mosque hullabaloo , last year? It started shortly after the 9/11 mosque hullabaloo.
CNN had a special about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IMnXYiQKGY&noredirect=1

Before the special aired, I was so fed up with hearing about it, (I live in TN), that I was avoiding any news about it.
But, I thought it might be entertaining to watch the "good Christians", defend their right to keep "terrorist," from building a community center, by setting fire to the construction site.
The guy that started the whole mess had the same name, as a former friend. But, it's a common name. And although this guy was black, like my friend, was well educated and didn't talk like a hillbilly.... purely coincidental. The main thing was, the guy being interviewed by Soledad O'Brien, was HUGE. My friend was not only fit, he was very vain about his looks. But, I hadn't seen him in 15 years, and last I heard, he was moving to Murfreesboro. HOLY CRAP, It was him!
The reason we were "former friends, came back to me...... He was batshit crazy! Really nice guy, and funny...at first. I always joked that he had a Jesus complex, and he would just beam, like it was a compliment. There are a few things he did, that I found so repulsive, that I had to distance myself from him. He was also really annoying. He would call me at all hours threatening suicide, if I didn't listen to him whine about how he was being persecuted, "just like Jesus."
I don't want to post his name, I'm sure he googles himself.

Here he is being interviewed. It's ironic that he's playing the race card, because he didn't consider himself to be black, and was actually racist towards them. His mom is native American and he was raised by her.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/13188254/odd-confrontation-between-filmmaker-mosque

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

winterwerefox posted:

Is the fact that someone's voting for him because he's muslim a sign of progress?

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 3, 2012

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Chexoid posted:

Is the fact that someone's voting for him because he's muslim a sign of progress?

The Onion covered this a decade ago: Affable Anti-Semite Thinks The Jews Are Doing Super Job With The Media.

UppityNegress
Jul 22, 2012

winterwerefox posted:

Holy poo poo, seriously? I'm sorry if this sounds assholish but...is your mom mentally ill? Not voting for someone because they looked like a lizard? Does she believe in the great Lizard People conspiracy?

UppityNegress
Jul 22, 2012
Does anyone have info countering this?
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...olling_location

Fox News Gossip that the NAACP or practising voter intimidation in Houston^^

I this seems to be making the rounds amongst my conservative FB friends. This doesn't seem to be on the actual news main page, but more like a talk page. I get the feeling that this is either shitthatneverhappened.txt, or more likely an issue that was either misinterpreted or got blown out of proportions (the whole Black Panther voter intimidation last election). A Google search seems to suggest that the source was brietbart.com, and that site is not known for truth and impartiality. In fact, wasn't breitbart.com where the whole "ACORN supports pimps" bullshit got started?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

UppityNegress posted:

I this seems to be making the rounds amongst my conservative FB friends. This doesn't seem to be on the actual news main page, but more like a talk page. I get the feeling that this is either shitthatneverhappened.txt, or more likely an issue that was either misinterpreted or got blown out of proportions (the whole Black Panther voter intimidation last election). A Google search seems to suggest that the source was brietbart.com, and that site is not known for truth and impartiality. In fact, wasn't breitbart.com where the whole "ACORN supports pimps" bullshit got started?

Ask them if it would be awesome for an impartial group to oversee some polling places to prevent this. Maybe like an international organization? Maybe they could wear blue hats.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

UppityNegress posted:

They handed out water to people who were standing in line for hours because polling places for poor people are always mysteriously understaffed. Call the feds!

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

UppityNegress posted:

It's not mentioned in the Houston Chronicle. Pretty sure that means it Did Not Happen.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

UppityNegress posted:

Holy poo poo, seriously? I'm sorry if this sounds assholish but...is your mom mentally ill? Not voting for someone because they looked like a lizard? Does she believe in the great Lizard People conspiracy?
^^^^^^^ Mentioned above, but I guess you missed it?

winterwerefox posted:

Her brother is in state care for schizophrenia. We all think she needs meds. Luckily, none of my brothers nor I seem to have inherited her insanity. Yet. The sad thing is, if she is crazy or not, all this fits into a consistent world view that the History Channel's Ancient Aliens is real history for her, the Bible is tales of aliens coming down in glowing ships, and heroes of mythology are alien human hybrids with powers beyond that of normal men. Insane... but consistent. :unsmith:

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

It's not mentioned in the Houston Chronicle. Pretty sure that means it Did Not Happen.

Interestingly enough, the comments section at Chron.com is going stupid right now for supposed NAACP troublemaking at the "Precient 139 at 6719 Montgomery Rd" location. Here's a quote from one of the commenters:

quote:

USAneedhelp 10:14 PM on November 3, 2012
Precient 139 at 6719 Montgomery Rd. in Houston is totally out of control in voting. The judges there are doing nothing about the NAACP members wearing NAACP clothing, giving out free bottles of water, hand picking people and taking them to the front of the line,promoting Obama and saying they will fly to Ohio to promote Obama. These people are in the buildings. When people complained to the judge there, nothing was done about it. Then this person who complained received a phone call from downtown and was told to stand down, that the NAACP people were not within the illegal limits to the poll place but there were.

THESE PEOPLE ALL ARE CROOKED AND ILLEGAL AND NO ONE, NOT THE JUDGES THE PEOPLE DOWNTOWN ARE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS.

WHY IS NOT THE CHRONICLE REPORTING THIS ILLEGAL ACTIVITY?????

FRAUD AND NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT IT HERE IN HOUSTON.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Oh. My. God. They're WEARING NAACP CLOTHING. AND talking about Obama! And to top it all off, they're giving people water. Can you imagine? Letting people drink things! This is Obama's America.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

myron cope posted:

Oh. My. God. They're WEARING NAACP CLOTHING. AND talking about Obama! And to top it all off, they're giving people water. Can you imagine? Letting people drink things! This is Obama's America.

I'd be willing to bet anything this is just a fwd:fwd:fwd that has yet to be sent out as an e-mail mostly because there is no video or photos to accompany the "story." Even with that bullshit black panther thing there were actual pictures, and if this actually happened someone would have gotten it on media.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
I really want to see the post-Katrina "ugh begging for water what a bunch of leeches" contrasted with Hannity's blubbering about FEMA's handling of Sandy.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Polymerized Cum posted:

I really want to see the post-Katrina "ugh begging for water what a bunch of leeches" contrasted with Hannity's blubbering about FEMA's handling of Sandy.

What's a good archive of comments like that from 2005 other than Freep? I figure the thing to do is pick out some usernames and follow them.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

winterwerefox posted:

Well, to be fair to her, she isn't completely wrong. Mitt Romney does in fact, look like a lizard.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!
Not crazy so much as uninformed and missing the point:

An In-law on Facebook posted:

I love the Obama ad airing on the radio where Jay-Z is endorsing him for re-election. The President boasts that Jay-Z is a prime example of the American Dream, someone who made something from nothing and is now successful. This coming from someone who writes about selling drugs, and built his fortune off the backs of others to fund his music career. Love Jay-Z, but terrible endorsement by the President.

While Jay-Z has rapped about selling drugs (which he did as a teenager, like, 30 years ago), I don't see how he "built his fortune off the backs of others." Dude couldn't get signed by a record label so he made his own, using money he made as a relatively small-time rapper, which shortly garnered him the attention of major distributors. As far as I know, Jay-Z literally came from the projects, and despite setbacks in his youth, turned his passion into a business venture that eventually became an empire (of course, if there's something I misunderstand about the inception of Roc-A-Fella Records that negates this, please correct me).

But of course, there's no way that he became successful just by working hard and investing wisely! He must have done it by swindling people. Take note, underprivileged black youths: If you work hard and achieve your dreams, people will question your legitimacy at every opportunity.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

tvb posted:

Not crazy so much as uninformed and missing the point:

While Jay-Z has rapped about selling drugs (which he did as a teenager, like, 30 years ago), I don't see how he "built his fortune off the backs of others." Dude couldn't get signed by a record label so he made his own, using money he made as a relatively small-time rapper, which shortly garnered him the attention of major distributors. As far as I know, Jay-Z literally came from the projects, and despite setbacks in his youth, turned his passion into a business venture that eventually became an empire (of course, if there's something I misunderstand about the inception of Roc-A-Fella Records that negates this, please correct me).

But of course, there's no way that he became successful just by working hard and investing wisely! He must have done it by swindling people. Take note, underprivileged black youths: If you work hard and achieve your dreams, people will question your legitimacy at every opportunity.

You see he had employees and people working for him. You dont get it.

Good republican: creating jobs, be greatful for your minimum wage.
Black rapper: building things of the backs of others.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

tvb posted:

Pretty much the definition of white privilege right there.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Mooseontheloose posted:

Pretty much the definition of white privilege right there.

It's not white privilege as much as it is racist partisan hypocrisy. There's been a ton of businessman fellating this election in terms of playing up Mitt Romney as some kind of shining example of the self-made man, frequently while simultaneously deriding Obama's success becuase he both Black and a Democrat. This same sentiment is being applied to Jay-Z here because he supports the wrong political party. If Jay-Z were a Republican he'd be the shield Republicans would hide behind when criticized for their racist politics.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Bruce Leroy posted:

It's not white privilege as much as it is racist partisan hypocrisy. There's been a ton of businessman fellating this election in terms of playing up Mitt Romney as some kind of shining example of the self-made man, frequently while simultaneously deriding Obama's success becuase he both Black and a Democrat. This same sentiment is being applied to Jay-Z here because he supports the wrong political party. If Jay-Z were a Republican he'd be the shield Republicans would hide behind when criticized for their racist politics.
I also love how that ad tries so hard not to be about race, but you can tell that's what Jay-Z is talking about

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

tvb posted:

Same thing with the President, to be honest. If a white businessman becomes successful by gouging companies for all their worth through an opportunity he got by coming from a wealthy family, that's an American success story. If a poor black man works his way through college to become a lawyer and law school professor by doing well, becomes a millionaire by writing two books, and eventually turns to politics and becomes president, he's a secret Muslim Kenyan communist community organizer who become president through a conspiracy to ruin America.

When Romney did his "People know I was born here, they don't need to see my birth certificate!" joke it made me angry not because it was a terrible joke, but because the obvious answer is "Yeah, Mitt. That's because you're white."

evildoer
Sep 6, 2006

Kat R. Waulin posted:

Remember the Murfreesboro, Tn Mosque hullabaloo , last year? It started shortly after the 9/11 mosque hullabaloo.

Before the special aired, I was so fed up with hearing about it, (I live in TN), that I was avoiding any news about it.
But, I thought it might be entertaining to watch the "good Christians", defend their right to keep "terrorist," from building a community center, by setting fire to the construction site.
The guy that started the whole mess had the same name, as a former friend. But, it's a common name. And although this guy was black, like my friend, was well educated and didn't talk like a hillbilly.... purely coincidental. The main thing was, the guy being interviewed by Soledad O'Brien, was HUGE. My friend was not only fit, he was very vain about his looks. But, I hadn't seen him in 15 years, and last I heard, he was moving to Murfreesboro. HOLY CRAP, It was him!
The reason we were "former friends, came back to me...... He was batshit crazy! Really nice guy, and funny...at first. I always joked that he had a Jesus complex, and he would just beam, like it was a compliment. There are a few things he did, that I found so repulsive, that I had to distance myself from him. He was also really annoying. He would call me at all hours threatening suicide, if I didn't listen to him whine about how he was being persecuted, "just like Jesus."

Here he is being interviewed. It's ironic that he's playing the race card, because he didn't consider himself to be black, and was actually racist towards them. His mom is native American and he was raised by her.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/13188254/odd-confrontation-between-filmmaker-mosque

Weird, I used to see that guy all the time at MTSU. Came into the computer lab I worked in almost every day usually with his son.

evildoer fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 5, 2012

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?

Kat R. Waulin posted:

Here's a cool story... I live in Murfreesboro.

When the Islamic Center/Mosque opened I swung by. I'm a 6'3" tall white dude. I went to TWO of the county commission meetings. At every single instance I opened my statement with, "I am an atheist." I was boo'ed at BOTH commission meetings. I go to the Islamic Center (which I spoke in favor OF, because if you have freedom of religion so does everyone else, even if I think all religions are silly as poo poo) and they remember me, offer me some food and water, and talk to me about why I am an atheist. Not once did they try to convert me, not once did they roll their eyes and lecture me, not once did they attempt in any way to convince me that my beliefs were wrong.

Yeah. These religious zealots. These murderous barbarians. These crazy, foreign, dirty, unwashed masses.... were the most respectful, mindful, and kind people I've run in to in a religious building. Oh, and they left women with me in a room alone - contrary to what I've been told their beliefs were. They offered to wash my feet - telling me it was a religious things - which I politely denied because it felt weird and and I am not religious so I tend to abstain from religious ceremonies.

So yeah... screw the twenty megachurches we have here where I could barely show my face to go to a lecture or speech on religion (know the enemy, I guess).

Also, I'm in that CNN video somewhere. I couldn't find myself, but I had to sign a waiver. I'm happy it got built and I I can't believe the amount of anger it generated. I know that the Tea Party actually brought people in from non-residents just to make it look more ridiculous... too bad they couldn't outnumber the students who had more free time.

Oh, and yeah, I trashed Zelenik when she had the balls to come speak at MTSU. I rarely call people names, but that dumb bitch was so out of her depth on a campus of college educated people it was hilarious.

EDIT - Watching this reminded me of the awesome ideology that it's only a religion if they believe in it. The hilarity of that concept is amazing to me. In that case, I can dismiss all religious belief because I don't believe in any of it! HAHA! To me all your beliefs and tenets are invalid... gently caress off theists!

sicarius fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 5, 2012

Kat R. Waulin
Jul 30, 2012
Grimey Drawer
They brainwashed the interviewer guy!
I wondered why I had so much trouble, finding video evidence of my friend's weirdness.
A year ago, he was all over You Tube. Most of the clips were from Eric Allen Bell, who was making his own documentary.
I figured he took them down, and moved on to something else....

He's one of THEM now!!!! :tinfoil:

Here he is on Fox & Friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Lyn5c-h_8

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Kat R. Waulin posted:

They brainwashed the interviewer guy!
I wondered why I had so much trouble, finding video evidence of my friend's weirdness.
A year ago, he was all over You Tube. Most of the clips were from Eric Allen Bell, who was making his own documentary.
I figured he took them down, and moved on to something else....

He's one of THEM now!!!! :tinfoil:

Here he is on Fox & Friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Lyn5c-h_8

Is this guy for real?

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?

pillsburysoldier posted:

Is this guy for real?

Of course he's for real. Unfortunately he's never read the Bible, it seems. Which, you know, basically says the same poo poo.

I especially love his idea that he's being ignored because he's presenting facts, instead of being ignored because he's spewing nonsensical religion bashing.

I also love how he tries to divorce adherents from their religion - which is impossible. It's like me saying "I don't despise Christians... just Christianity." It's craziness. It's not even that... he just doesn't want them to worship anymore.

sicarius fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 5, 2012

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

sicarius posted:

I also love how he tries to divorce adherents from their religion - which is impossible. It's like me saying "I don't despise Christians... just Christianity." It's craziness. It's not even that... he just doesn't want them to worship anymore.

Geert Wilders, Dutch all-star far right politician and proto-fascist pulls this line all the time. He's not against Muslims, just Islam!

:geert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Want to hate humanity a little more? How about this anti-gay marriage video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlRfSRh8HGk

This was floating around another forum, so I expect to see it on FB and forwards soon.