Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ariong posted:

Dream projections have normal eyeballs.

Many of these sprites are too small to tell whether they're dead or dreaming, and there appear to be errors. For instance, near the end, a bunch of seemingly alive Eridans show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
God that was fun.

Now time to find out the names of Roxy/Dirk/Jake's lands.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bongo Bill posted:

Many of these sprites are too small to tell whether they're dead or dreaming, and there appear to be errors. For instance, near the end, a bunch of seemingly alive Eridans show up.

The Eridans with wwizard hats are the only mistakes I see.

Also, in the giant group shot: 5 trolls down from Vriska, Terezi dressed as Dave. 6 trolls down from Vriska, Equius in a maid outfit. All the way on the left and 3 trolls from the bottom, Feferi in a hat. Everything else is normal, she just found a fedora at some point.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

I just came across this image. It's pretty great.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

King of Solomon posted:

I just came across this image. It's pretty great.

I was about to direct you to the fanart thread, but then I took a look and saw that you felt you should post it in both. I couldn't agree more.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Ariong posted:

All the way on the left and 3 trolls from the bottom, Feferi in a hat. Everything else is normal, she just found a fedora at some point.

Clearly got it from FedoraFreak. He was willing to part with that one because his godtier outfit came with a much better one.

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.
I think Feferi's hat is supposed to be her cowboy hat from all the way back during her and Eridan's introduction, since Eridan is wearing the wizard hat from the same scene.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Bongo Bill posted:

I guess that means live Eridan did some serious dream bubble exploring while sleeping on the meteor?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

No requests so I made some for funs.

Also props to Kazy for teaching me some Photoshop stuffs that makes this all easier for me.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Calliope's art is all done by Shelby (deudlyfirearms on tumblr) and after she posted her original drawings on tumblr, someone thought she stole them and gave herself credit.

People on tumblr are dumb.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Cat Mattress posted:

I really was expecting Lord English vaporizing everybody.

I'm glad it didn't happen. Because I want this ghost party to continue annoying all the ghost Karkats forever.

Lots of people are predicting that LE comes in and vaporizes them, but I'm pretty sure Vriska and Meenah are going to fight to a standstill (the "should luck conspire" line is pretty telling because Vriska) and decide to both take half for their armies. I suspect they'll trade halves so the generally-useless ancestor trolls are used as bait while the relatively-more-competent trolls we know and love go off to fight LE, but they could just as easily stick with what they've got.

And THEN LE comes in and vaporizes them.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 4, 2012

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Most important part of this series of updates: the Rogue god tier outfit is loving amazing holy poo poo can't wait for Roxy to god tier.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

All these alternate outfits are going to make the fandom explode with new artwork, I just know it. (Some of them, like Mituna's striped shirt, look better than his default goofy flightsuit anyway.) There are a ton of outfit variants we've seen like Nepeta/Equius swapping headgear, Sollux with Feferi's glasses, etc.

Also, a lot of people totally called Godtier Porrim/Kanaya having Mother Grub-style wings.

DaveKap posted:

No requests so I made some for funs.

Also props to Kazy for teaching me some Photoshop stuffs that makes this all easier for me.

I would have asked for a good vibrating group shot avatar like that just so I could write something witty about being at PEAK TROLLTALK underneath, but I don't have the :10bux: for playing around with avatars and titles at the moment.

What really stung was being unable to afford the Gamebro shirt kickstarter tier.

Really wanted that shirt. :smith:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Gabriel Pope posted:

Most important part of this series of updates: the Rogue god tier outfit is loving amazing holy poo poo can't wait for Roxy to god tier.

You're right I want this now.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
There's pretty much no way this confrontation is going to end without Lord English showing up. Looks like Meenah played right into Vriska's hands.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

(deudlyfirearms on tumblr)

Actually, it's duedlyfirearms.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
I loved Meenah's alt god tier jams. But Vriska is right, she needs some badass FURTHER BEYOND duds.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Nepeta and Meulin going 3333333333333333 at each other.
Terezi going "MOR3! MOR3 1 S4Y!" as the quantity of ghosts becomes absurd.
Equius wanting Aradia to rate his depravity 100 on a scale from 1 to 100.
Tavros weirding everyone out and whispering so loudly that even Meulin hears it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What other god tier outfits did we get a snippet of? There was Meulin (Mage) and Rufioh (Rogue) of course.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Andrew posted:

Act 6 Act 4 next. Are you ready for it?
Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyy-

Andrew posted:

Are you ready to do some more AWESOME WAITING for it?? I hope so. I’ll try to have something ready by 11/11, which is exactly one year from the start of Act 6 (hey calendar: wtf???)
Aww.

Apparently he's also taking this time to go and sign 11,000+ prints, which I suppose is a good time to get it done.

...that is a lot of signatures.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Flash. Wait. Flash. Wait. Flash. Hurricane. Flash.

How I pine for a normal schedule again.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

TheRagamuffin posted:

There's pretty much no way this confrontation is going to end without Lord English showing up. Looks like Meenah played right into Vriska's hands.

I got the impression that their "clusterfuck plan" which merges the three plans together is LE shows up, the ghosts attack LE and try to kill him, LE blows them up and causes the cracks, and they follow the cracks to find out the treasure is Calliope's ghost/points to Calliope's ghost.

I also like the amusing notion that Calliope's simply been writing a bunch of fan fiction of what she thinks would be cool (like Meenah and Vriska meeting up then throwing down) and by some causal effect of being a Muse of Space she indirectly made it happen. Hell if Lord English shows up to blow them to smithereens it might just be because Caliborn read his sister's fan fiction and thus knew they'd be there for him to blow up.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Well, if he worked on signatures 6 hours a day for the next 7 days, he would only need to sign, on average, one signature every 14 seconds.

So if he signed a bunch, took a break, signed a bunch, took a break, he could probably get it done in a week.

EDIT: this is ignoring any possibility of carpal tunnel

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 4, 2012

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Oh god, the carpal tunnel :gonk: It will ruin his hand and he will never be able to draw Homestuck again

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
is this the first canonization of crossdressing eridan?

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Kazy posted:

Oh god, the carpal tunnel :gonk: It will ruin his hand and he will never be able to draw Homestuck again

This has been my fear from even back during the book signings.

The fandom itself is actually going to be responsible for killing his ability to continue doing the comic. You should all be ashamed. :catstare:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I don't think Caliborn was really READING the book so much as vandalizing it vindictively to spite Calliope.

He's capable of forward thinking but he tends to tunnel vision on things he thinks are important, and I seriously doubt he'd give anything belonging to Calliope any serious thought.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

snucks posted:

is this the first canonization of crossdressing eridan?
Was he crossdressed?

edit: That's obviously a stupid question why else would you have said that

Acidophilus
Aug 27, 2009

What's all this then?
Being able to see some of Calliope's self-insert fanfiction warmed my heart, strangely enough. Her fantroll is so delightfully self-indulgent. And Caliborn's manic defacing of the manual is promising, because it perhaps means he won't recognize what's going on until it's too late for him.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

e: nevermind I am dumb

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 4, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Arthur Crackpot posted:

Wait a sec.

Okay, so at first I thought the Calliope fanfic thing was just a clever way to segue back to John, but now that people are talking about it, it's got me thinking.

Calliope's class/aspect is Muse of Space. So what if this is actually one of her powers? Maybe her penchant for self-inserting herself into the story is actually capable of passively affecting events.

So... She might be already here?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bobulus posted:

So... She might be already here?

It's cool guys, I saw this in Kid Icarus. Calliope is actually the ring.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

She was there attempting to break up the fight in her fanfic, then all of a sudden she was trying to wake up John.

...this is starting to make scary amounts of sense. :stare:

(Wait, technically John was sent back before the fight even started but the theory is still there)

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 4, 2012

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Gabriel Pope posted:

I like this thought, but I still subscribe to the "Calliope == Serenity" theory. :colbert:

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Triskelli posted:

I like this thought, but I still subscribe to the "Calliope == Serenity" theory. :colbert:

Considering where she popped up from, I think it's basically 100% totally confirmed that Calliope is Andrew Hussie.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Also because I forgot to mention it earlier:

Ahahaha get dunked Tavros.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Wow, look what I found when busy posting elsewhere, someone took pity on my lack of :10bux: for avatars. :unsmith: Now I'll no longer continually mistake myself for every other poster with the spiderman avatar. Thank you, mysterious benefactor.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If LE were to come along and pop this bubble but assuming not everyone present gets destroyed, who might you expect to survive? Living Aradia and Gamzee and half-living Sollux, sure. After that? Maybe Vriska, Meenah, Aranea, Tavros...

There's quite a few 'alpha timeline' ghosts here (that is, the ghosts of the instances of those characters we followed in the story proper). If it popped we'd be losing Nepeta, Equius (I think?), Feferi and Eridan at least.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All of Tavros' Gollum jokes, as well as the void rings' power of invisibility, invite comparisons to Lord of the Rings. In that story, Sauron put a portion of his own soul, and the larger part of his power, into the One Ring. It was practically a part of him, two halves of the same being, so that when it was destroyed, he basically died. This has a certain parallel to cherubs' dual identities, of course, but to conclude that's exactly what's happened here is to ignore a key piece of the puzzle: his cane, which bears a strong resemblance to the scepters, which are the counterpart to rings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

So have we seen canon versions of the outfits for all 12 non-master classes, now? Not all in the same art style, necessarily, but I don't think we're missing any now.