Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Jack the Lad posted:

I kinda wanna get a U3011.

Am I right in thinking that a (1GB) GTX 560 Ti will struggle to drive it, though?
I was able to run Diablo 3 at native resolution and maximum settings at 60 FPS with my 2GB 6950. The two cards are about the same in performance so I think you should be fine, but the amount of RAM will probably have a bigger effect with more pixels.

Newegg had a one day sale where the U3011 was $1000 but now it's back up to $1200. You might wait for another sale. If you don't care about color accuracy there will probably be a less-expensive 30" (the U3013?) coming out next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

I was able to run Diablo 3 at native resolution and maximum settings at 60 FPS with my 2GB 6950. The two cards are about the same in performance so I think you should be fine, but the amount of RAM will probably have a bigger effect with more pixels.

Newegg had a one day sale where the U3011 was $1000 but now it's back up to $1200. You might wait for another sale. If you don't care about color accuracy there will probably be a less-expensive 30" (the U3013?) coming out next year.

There might be a coupon soon, if I recall correctly I got my U3011 a week or two before Thanksgiving 2010. Keep an eye on Slickdeals, perhaps.

Thewittyname
May 9, 2010

It's time to...
PRESS! YOUR! LUCK!

movax posted:

I bought a U3011 and ran a GTX 460 1GB with it until I got a 670 a few months ago.

Basically, if you run without any AA or SSAO (and a few other hogging options), you can expect to hover around 30FPS VSync'd in most games, with the occasional stutter at 2560x1600. I found this acceptable, though the few titles I played with GPU scaling 1920x1200 did not look all that bad either.

It sounds like the U3011 is a good choice for you based on what you've described you plan to do on it.

Also, I have neglected this thread for a bit and realize there's some updates I need to make. Something about one of the Korean sellers now sucking and having awful customer service? Some new models? (I know I have a few PMs on that note).

Yeah, my post on the Korean seller issue is here

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
You should also include the dis-assembly instructions I posted so that if you need to take apart the monitor, you know how to do it. Edit: My post is here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3372494&pagenumber=136&perpage=40#post408775666

I still love my Korean monitor. The Dell 19" TN I have sitting next to it in portrait mode really shows the difference with viewing angle between the 2 screens. It also is almost the perfect pixel density for running in portrait next to the 27".

alternate.eago fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 1, 2012

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

jink posted:

I was really hoping this adapter would fix my problems with the U3011. The color space does change to RGB but there is a nasty bug in OSX that prevents using full resolution when rotated.

I can set 2560x1600 when in Standard Rotation. When the rotation is set to 90* the Displays preference pane will not allow 1600x2560.

I found another user having this problem in Lion:
http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/41765/unable-to-set-previously-used-resolution-1600x2560

Filed radar #12557102

Maybe try an app like this?

http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-view_blog.php?blogId=1&find=setres&highlight=setres

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Korean monitor trip report:

Ordered a Shimian QH270-Lite (no tempered glass or speakers) from eBay seller dhsummer for $285, the lowest price listed. It took over a week for him to ship it (he said there were issues getting stock), but once he handed it over to FedEx it got here really quickly.

It is packaged with lots of styrofoam and plastic wrap just like any other monitor or TV you might buy.

The stand is completely stable as far as I can tell, no issues with that. Of course it has no height adjustment and the angle adjustment works but not smoothly. The stand and the bezel look pretty good too, I thought the white band might be distracting but it actually looks pretty nice.

The screen itself is pretty great. It comes out of the box at maximum brightness, you'll want to turn it down quite a bit. Mine has one stuck green pixel on the extreme left side, about a third of the way down, and three or so dead pixels in the bottom right corner. The good news is that the pixels are so loving small that you can't really tell unless you're looking for it. Mine has a little bit of backlight bleed in the bottom left corner but it is hard to distinguish from the standard IPS glow. Honestly I've seen Dells with worse backlight bleeding.

Overall I am very impressed, ESPECIALLY for the price. You can't even get a u2412m for $285. The only unknown is how well it will hold up over time. I think the whole blue/green PCB thing has been ironed out, so I'm crossing my fingers hoping there won't be any issues.

edit: Actually my stuck pixel only shows up on light backgrounds. That makes it even less noticeable.

Magic Underwear fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 3, 2012

stanley donwood
Oct 14, 2003

jink posted:

Using a simple Display Port cable to an LCD other than an Apple Cinema on an Mac results in the Mac outputting YpBpr instead of RGB. The Apple refuses to see the monitor as anything but a TV.

I've got the exact same problem with my U2713... only it's even worse. When I cold boot or reboot the external monitor stays asleep unless I physically push a menu button on the Dell but if i sleep or wake the machine it comes on fine.

It works great if I use a mDP to DVI or mDP to HDMI cable but then I'm limited to 1920x1200 or 1920x1080p res. I'm positive a mDP to Dual-Link DVI adapter would work too but they're $120 here... :australia:

I thought maybe I had a bad DP cable so I decided to give Windows 7 a try via Bootcamp and guess what? EVERYTHING works fine. RGB instead of YpBpr, LCD instead of TV and auto ON/OFF.

It's definitely an Nvidia OS X driver issue.

Why can't we update graphics drivers ourselves instead of having to rely on Apple? :confused:

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Help me find some monitors, I want to make a triple monitor setup so I am looking for three monitors about $100 each. I will primarily use the monitors for web browsing, typing papers, watching TV (through windows media center, and most of the TV is 4:3). I don't do tons of photoshop so I really don't care if the colors are extremely accurate or not. I occasionally play FPS games. I have picked a selection of 1920 x 1080 monitors, I don't really care about them being "1080p" I just would like more than 1000 vertical resolution.

New Acer 21.5" LED backlight, DVI cable included $116 ($129 + 10% off promo code), free shipping Fairly cheap monitor, but I need to order by tomorrow to take advantage of the promo code.

Refurbished Dell 21.5" LED Backlight, height adjustable stand and pivot, 2 side USB ports $99 free shipping

I kinda really like the idea of going with the Dell because of the price and the better stand. However, it is refurbished, and I have not had much experience with refurbished hardware. Are these monitors OK?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I am thinking about getting one of the 27" korean displays after having used a 1080p LED TV for quite a bit and not really liking it for general computing (because the resolution is just a bit too low compared to the size of the screen). I don't feel incredibly sure about it, as I heard they are all more or less quite flimsy compared to "proper" manufacturers. I also want to do a bit with Photoshop and am worried their colors might be all screwy, although I read they use the same Panels more expensive monitors use. Is this even actually really a proper worry? Can it be fixed with calibrating the screen? I don't know a whole lot about monitors besides stuff I pieced together and stuff from the OP, I just know they are really cheap compared to similar ones with the same stats. I'm by no means a graphic artist but I want to do some sprites and texture editing occasionally. I also do a fair bit of coding.

I got a lot of advice regarding getting the Dell U2410 but it seems to be a bit overkill for what I want. Also the price seems to be quite steep for a screen of that age.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 3, 2012

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now
I just tried to buy a crossover on eBay from 'ifgmarket' and he tried to bait and switch me. He sent me a message immediately after purchase saying he made a price mistake and it was actually $30 more. Details to come!

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009

Police Automaton posted:

I am thinking about getting one of the 27" korean displays after having used a 1080p LED TV for quite a bit and not really liking it for general computing (because the resolution is just a bit too low compared to the size of the screen). I don't feel incredibly sure about it, as I heard they are all more or less quite flimsy compared to "proper" manufacturers. I also want to do a bit with Photoshop and am worried their colors might be all screwy, although I read they use the same Panels more expensive monitors use. Is this even actually really a proper worry? Can it be fixed with calibrating the screen? I don't know a whole lot about monitors besides stuff I pieced together and stuff from the OP, I just know they are really cheap compared to similar ones with the same stats. I'm by no means a graphic artist but I want to do some sprites and texture editing occasionally. I also do a fair bit of coding.

I got a lot of advice regarding getting the Dell U2410 but it seems to be a bit overkill for what I want. Also the price seems to be quite steep for a screen of that age.

They calibrate fine, I use mine for painting and photo editing.

mcw
Jul 28, 2005
Last night I had a chance to play around with a Sony all-in-one PC, packing a 24-inch touch display and Windows 8. It blew my loving mind. I am now strongly considering investing in a touch-enabled display, but have no idea what's out there. Anyone have anything they can recommend?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

MariusMcG posted:

Last night I had a chance to play around with a Sony all-in-one PC, packing a 24-inch touch display and Windows 8. It blew my loving mind. I am now strongly considering investing in a touch-enabled display, but have no idea what's out there. Anyone have anything they can recommend?
The new LG might be up your alley if it comes to the States. Dell has a new one but the price is INSANE.

Lenovo put one out a year or two at but I think it was cancelled due to low pickup.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

teraflame posted:

They calibrate fine, I use mine for painting and photo editing.

That's good to know, thanks.

From googling around, I want to settle with either the Crossover 27Q or the Crossover 2730MD, which claims to go up to 125 hz which I think would be neat, should I ever plan on buying stereoscopic glasses. Is this even a real thing a monitor like this can do or will it just the same thing my TV does, essentially duplicating frames in post processing? Any experience with this? I could find literally nothing about this model online.

Also from googling around and reading the OP people seem to be afraid of the dreaded input-lag I didn't even know existed. Many people talking about these korean screens talk about input lag being "much worse" with monitors with multiple inputs. Are they making this up? Is that even noticeable by a human in any considerable way?

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 4, 2012

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Should I wait until black friday to buy one of these Korean monitors to get a nice deal?

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I don't think they do black friday in Korea

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just got my 2713HM . . . this thing is an absolute beast. It should probably replace the 2711 in the op if it's supposed to reference the most current model from each brand.

It's also the first monitor I've used that's way too bright for me, mainly because of the screen area and slightly less aggressive AG coating. Guess it's time to install flux.

Is there any suggested software/methods to search for dead pixels?

Chuu fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 4, 2012

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Police Automaton posted:

That's good to know, thanks.

From googling around, I want to settle with either the Crossover 27Q or the Crossover 2730MD, which claims to go up to 125 hz which I think would be neat, should I ever plan on buying stereoscopic glasses. Is this even a real thing a monitor like this can do or will it just the same thing my TV does, essentially duplicating frames in post processing? Any experience with this? I could find literally nothing about this model online.

Also from googling around and reading the OP people seem to be afraid of the dreaded input-lag I didn't even know existed. Many people talking about these korean screens talk about input lag being "much worse" with monitors with multiple inputs. Are they making this up? Is that even noticeable by a human in any considerable way?

According to this link the Crossover 2730MD is lying about doing 125hz.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1313385/crossover-2730md-p-125hz-6ms-30q5-pro-75hz-5ms/10

Input lag is real, and the multiple input monitors have a scaler which increases the lag. I can't say whether it is noticeable or not except to say that if its noticeable and you dislike it then you have very little recourse for returns.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Magic Underwear posted:

According to this link the Crossover 2730MD is lying about doing 125hz.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1313385/crossover-2730md-p-125hz-6ms-30q5-pro-75hz-5ms/10

Input lag is real, and the multiple input monitors have a scaler which increases the lag. I can't say whether it is noticeable or not except to say that if its noticeable and you dislike it then you have very little recourse for returns.

I actually felt less than sure about any of the korean screens after studying monitors in the last few days and settled for a Dell U2711 which quite honestly after customs and taxes etc. was not that much more expensive. Thanks for all for the advice anyways!

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 5, 2012

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

stanley donwood posted:

I've got the exact same problem with my U2713... only it's even worse. When I cold boot or reboot the external monitor stays asleep unless I physically push a menu button on the Dell but if i sleep or wake the machine it comes on fine.

It works great if I use a mDP to DVI or mDP to HDMI cable but then I'm limited to 1920x1200 or 1920x1080p res. I'm positive a mDP to Dual-Link DVI adapter would work too but they're $120 here... :australia:

I thought maybe I had a bad DP cable so I decided to give Windows 7 a try via Bootcamp and guess what? EVERYTHING works fine. RGB instead of YpBpr, LCD instead of TV and auto ON/OFF.

It's definitely an Nvidia OS X driver issue.

Why can't we update graphics drivers ourselves instead of having to rely on Apple? :confused:

I too see all of those issues with mDP->DP cables. Unfortunately the mDP->DDVI is not much better; I still see the LCD drop out of sync with the rMBP, sometimes I see snow on the screen, resume is not guaranteed to bring the LCD back on.

Unfortunately I don't see much of a push from Apple to correct these issues. My radar for the "90* rotation not able to use full resolution" was closed as a duplicate with no word on a fix. :(

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I've been shopping for general upgrades to my desktop system and wanted to see what you guys thought about the older displays I own vs upgrading to newer ones.

Currently I am using 2 Dell 2005FPW 21" flat panels. http://www.amazon.com/Dell-2005FPW-Widescreen-Panel-Monitor/dp/tech-data/B0009IPTJU/ref=de_a_smtd

I use the system for gaming about 20% of the time and the rest of the time for word processing / non-3D graphics design work and some light coding / database stuff.

I've got an ATI Gigabyte HD 6950 1gb. I'm figuring with the native resolution of 1680x1050 I wouldn't need a better video card any time soon.

But, I'm interested in what people felt about upgrading to a higher resolution / larger monitor in general. I'm happy with what I've got but do you think that upgrading to a 24" + display at a much higher rez is something that you've personally found enjoyable? Just curious about anyone who's gone from 1680x1050 to something higher and if you really thought it was worth the upgrade.

Thanks

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I went from 1680x1050 to 1920x1200 and would definitely not want to go back - even that fairly modest bump is very noticeable.

Considering going up to a 27" model now

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Breaky posted:

I've been shopping for general upgrades to my desktop system and wanted to see what you guys thought about the older displays I own vs upgrading to newer ones.

Currently I am using 2 Dell 2005FPW 21" flat panels. http://www.amazon.com/Dell-2005FPW-Widescreen-Panel-Monitor/dp/tech-data/B0009IPTJU/ref=de_a_smtd

I use the system for gaming about 20% of the time and the rest of the time for word processing / non-3D graphics design work and some light coding / database stuff.

I've got an ATI Gigabyte HD 6950 1gb. I'm figuring with the native resolution of 1680x1050 I wouldn't need a better video card any time soon.

But, I'm interested in what people felt about upgrading to a higher resolution / larger monitor in general. I'm happy with what I've got but do you think that upgrading to a 24" + display at a much higher rez is something that you've personally found enjoyable? Just curious about anyone who's gone from 1680x1050 to something higher and if you really thought it was worth the upgrade.

Thanks

Since you already have two monitors and you are happy with what you have I wouldn't say that you absolutely must go to 24" or 27". However, the larger resolution and screen are really nice. Once you get used to a 24 or 27 you won't want to go back to 20", ever.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magic Underwear posted:

Since you already have two monitors and you are happy with what you have I wouldn't say that you absolutely must go to 24" or 27". However, the larger resolution and screen are really nice. Once you get used to a 24 or 27 you won't want to go back to 20", ever.

I disagree with this. I had a 27" for quite a long time and went to a 21.5" 1080p simply because it's much harder to get tunnel vision with a smaller screen.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Lenin Stimpy posted:

I disagree with this. I had a 27" for quite a long time and went to a 21.5" 1080p simply because it's much harder to get tunnel vision with a smaller screen.

You were sitting too close to your monitor.

edit: Unless you're talking about one of those awful 1080p 27". Those suck. When I say 24" I mean 1080p and when I say 27" I mean 2560x1440 or 2560x1600.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magic Underwear posted:

You were sitting too close to your monitor.

edit: Unless you're talking about one of those awful 1080p 27". Those suck. When I say 24" I mean 1080p and when I say 27" I mean 2560x1440 or 2560x1600.

Yeah this was awhile ago before 2560x1440/1600 were available

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

What's the consensus on the Dell 2412M monitors? They are on sale on dell.ca for $269 shipped. I am considering buying two of them to replace my very old 2007FPWs.

I have always found my 2007FPWs to be good monitors, but they're good S-IPS panels. I don't do any graphic design, but poo poo like banding and poor viewing angles drive me nuts, and both monitors will be on Ergotron arms and used in both landscape and portrait mode.

Good buy or bad buy?

stevewm
May 10, 2005

titaniumone posted:

What's the consensus on the Dell 2412M monitors? They are on sale on dell.ca for $269 shipped. I am considering buying two of them to replace my very old 2007FPWs.

I have always found my 2007FPWs to be good monitors, but they're good S-IPS panels. I don't do any graphic design, but poo poo like banding and poor viewing angles drive me nuts, and both monitors will be on Ergotron arms and used in both landscape and portrait mode.

Good buy or bad buy?

Good buy in my opinion.. I bought one a few weeks ago, loving it so far. No visible banding that I can see and viewing angles are great (as it is IPS). If you are sitting very close to the monitor, you can see the IPS "glow" effect at the corners when on a black background. But this is something you have to contend with on any IPS monitor. Move back 2-3 feet and it disappears.

I don't notice any ghosting in games, or any perceptible input lag at all. One of the reviews measured the average input lag at 9ms, which was one of the lowest out of several popular models. (review: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2412m.htm)

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
The power adapter on my Korean 30" monitor just went up in a cloud of smoke! Sparks and everything. gently caress. Well, hopefully it's just the AC adapter and not the monitor.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

Bolkovr posted:

The power adapter on my Korean 30" monitor just went up in a cloud of smoke! Sparks and everything. gently caress. Well, hopefully it's just the AC adapter and not the monitor.

Would it be too much to ask for specifics/pics of the damage?

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
I tossed it out on the balcony because it smelled so bad, but I did open the casing of the power supply, and it looks like the solder on one of the pins of the power cord socket melted out and deposited itself on the chassis of the power supply. I can see clean through the hole in the PCB where the solder used to be. I'll try to take some pics in the morning. I thought a capacitor or something had blown but the internals look fine other than the power cable socket.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
Interesting, maybe we can track down some replacement power sources that are a little more reliable.

Which brand is yours, anyway? I still haven't ordered one yet.

crackers for dinner
Jun 18, 2008
I'm in the market to upgrade from my bargain bin monitor, and I will be doing some freelance illustration work that requires color calibration. I feel like I've narrowed things down to an Asus model linked earlier, or a Dell U2312HM.

I'm leaning towards getting the Dell and saving a few bones. I just have a few questions first. Would I be missing out on anything substantial by not paying a bit more for the Asus? The Asus says it is "factory color pre-calibrated" but does that actually mean anything? Will I still have to gently caress around and color calibrate it later on? Otherwise the only difference I see is the aspect ratio. I don't think this is anything that will concern me.

These are what I'm looking at:

ASUS PA248Q ($340, +$20 rebate, free shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236287

Dell $217.45 + $11.99 shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U2312HM-IPS-Monitor/dp/B005LN1JEC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352226055&sr=8-1&keywords=u2312hm

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hey guys, sort of a quick question.

I recently switched to a 15inch Mac Book Pro at work, but wanted to keep my 2 Dell IPS panels and not use the laptop display at my desk.

Well the only thing I saw to go from one thunderbolt port to 2 DVIs was this:
http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DP-T...=sapphire+vid2x

So I got it, and it works good enough. For some reason it won't fill like 10px of the edges of the screens, I think a lever has to go farther than the case lets it go.

I'm fine with all that. Another question though, it treats the dual monitors as one giant as screen. That's not the biggest problem, I was just curious though if there were any software options or anything to make OSX think it's two seperate displays (which it really is).

evensevenone
May 12, 2001
Glass is a solid.

The Dave posted:

I'm fine with all that. Another question though, it treats the dual monitors as one giant as screen. That's not the biggest problem, I was just curious though if there were any software options or anything to make OSX think it's two seperate displays (which it really is).

No there isn't. The way these things work is exactly how you described it; the box tells the computer that it is one big display, and internally it splits it out into two displays. That's all you can do with Displayport (or DVI or HDMI).

It would be possible to do something like this with Thunderbolt which supports multiple displays on one connector (you can daisy-chain the Apple Thunderbolt displays) , but I don't think anything like that is on the market.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I went this route because I already have the displays and like them a lot. So it was like spending $170 vs. spending $1000 or $2000.

evensevenone
May 12, 2001
Glass is a solid.
Yeah, its pretty hard to justify the current iteration of the Apple display unless you only have a MBP or a Mini and really really hate USB cables. I think what you have right now is the best option possible with the current standards.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

crackers for dinner posted:

Would I be missing out on anything substantial by not paying a bit more for the Asus? The Asus says it is "factory color pre-calibrated" but does that actually mean anything? Will I still have to gently caress around and color calibrate it later on? Otherwise the only difference I see is the aspect ratio. I don't think this is anything that will concern me.

If you're sure the extra vertical pixels don't matter to you, then get the Dell. Factory calibration doesn't really mean anything if you need accurate colour calibration. You'll always get the best results when you do it yourself.

crackers for dinner
Jun 18, 2008

unpronounceable posted:

If you're sure the extra vertical pixels don't matter to you, then get the Dell. Factory calibration doesn't really mean anything if you need accurate colour calibration. You'll always get the best results when you do it yourself.

Okay, that seals the deal. I'm going to get the Dell and put the extra money towards a colorimeter. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evensevenone
May 12, 2001
Glass is a solid.
The Dell 2412m is $300 on Amazon now, for what it's worth.