Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeakLad
Aug 30, 2008

I'm having the damnedest time getting rare items in this game. I got a legendary from the warrior (PT1) which was made useless by a random blue 4 hours later.

Anybody want to dupe some items for me? :shobon: 360/PS3: JustPlainLucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

WeakLad posted:

I'm having the damnedest time getting rare items in this game. I got a legendary from the warrior (PT1) which was made useless by a random blue 4 hours later.

Anybody want to dupe some items for me? :shobon: 360/PS3: JustPlainLucky

Friend request sent on xbox. I have some fun poo poo.

WeakLad
Aug 30, 2008

Splits posted:

Friend request sent on xbox. I have some fun poo poo.

neato burrito I can't even loving WAIT

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
*sigh* really wish my save file were on the cloud. No power at home due to Sandy. At a friends house and would like to play. Oh well.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Got a CC (Critical) to drop so I could solo Terra with The Bee- and it keeps giving me Legendary Class mods that are NOT for the Gunzerker. For Chrissakes, I got 3 Siren ones in a row! Anyways I kinda wonder if they'll nerf the 'Ol CC-Bee combo- holy poo poo does it trivialize the entire game. I duped the CC so I can 'Zerk with two and it's glorious in a perverse sort of way- air fills with bullets, game slows down and skips a good second or something and then when the dust clears everything's just dead... welp, back into the locker with ye, game-breaking combo.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
I don't have a Conference Call but I do have a level 50 Sledge's Shotgun that I pulled from a chest. That plus the Bee allowed me to solo Terramorphous but didn't make it so easy as to be trivial. It was a good challenge; I probably died 15 times.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I don't have a CC, but I don't really see why it's seen as necessary to solo Terra. I just use a 48 Bee and a 50 Moxxi's Heart Breaker and he just goes down in three or four full magazines (which at full-auto is incredibly fast and accurate), and if I put my turret down in the middle of the arena just as he first pops up he only ever pays attention to it, and I can kill him every time before the turret dies or runs out of time.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Arg, frustrated with my luck on assault rifles... everything's either 10 levels low, a grenade launcher, or a tiny-clip Jacobs.
[edit]Anybody late to the game want a commando to run them through stuff on Steam, add me. I also have an alt that can drop you 99mill, 15 oranges, and the 20-odd purples to get 500 baddass points.

SpiDeR fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 3, 2012

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Any gentlegoons on Xbox want to help out a pathetic webmaster by hooking me up with a Conference Call / Sand Hawk? My gamertag is Lowtaxico.

PS: DONT TRY TO SABOTAGE MY GAME BY WIPING MY CHAR CAUSE IM BEHIND 495 FIREWALLS AND USE LIFELOCK SO IT WONT EVEN WORK!!!!!!!!

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Lowtax posted:

Any gentlegoons on Xbox want to help out a pathetic webmaster by hooking me up with a Conference Call / Sand Hawk? My gamertag is Lowtaxico.

PS: DONT TRY TO SABOTAGE MY GAME BY WIPING MY CHAR CAUSE IM BEHIND 495 FIREWALLS AND USE LIFELOCK SO IT WONT EVEN WORK!!!!!!!!

Shoot I just left for work. If you don't have another goon hook you up I will be back after 10 Est. GT: Adregan

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

Lowtax posted:

Sent a friend request over: Bunnysplits

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Lowtax posted:

I can give you an Akurate Slagga that I got from Terramorphous. Or a conference call.

ps: If anyone has the Nukem or Infinity please tell me, thanks in advance!!

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
I have 2 infinities and 2 CCs for my Gunzerker, if anyone needs copies. :getin:

GT: DefenderofMirth

VVVVV Pretty sure slag and corrosive, but maybe not. I'll be on in 4 hours or so, still at work now.

Medicinal Penguin fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 3, 2012

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Medicinal Penguin posted:

Sent you a friend request for an Infinity. What are the elements on your conference calls?

Jaypeeh
Feb 22, 2003

I suffer some lovely gear-itis. Anyone on ps3 have a few decent lowbie guns they could toss at me? I'm level 16 Maya. Thanks!

account name is jaypeeh

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

VVVVV Pretty sure slag and corrosive, but maybe not. I'll be on in 4 hours or so, still at work now.

I would love that for my zerker as well. sending friend request. What time are you logging in?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Thanks to Dpush for a fun couple of hours. Not sure if your friend who duped a fuckton of items is a goon, but if not please pass on my thanks to him as well.

If so, well...consider yourself thanked. I'm still not sure where to begin with those items.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Splits posted:

Sent a friend request over: Bunnysplits
thanks, I'll be on in a bit, gotta feed my human children

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Update on legendary weapons I'm looking for. I got the Infinity earlier today. Thanks nameless goon! All I want now are the Nukem, Baby Maker, and Maggie. GT is in profile.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
That was me, glad to help. Anyone up for some lower level ~20-40 stuff later tonight?

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

DarkstarIV posted:

Update on legendary weapons I'm looking for. I got the Infinity earlier today. Thanks nameless goon! All I want now are the Nukem, Baby Maker, and Maggie. GT is in profile.

I think I might be able to help you with that. I'll add you, my GT is the same as my SA handle.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

That was me, glad to help. Anyone up for some lower level ~20-40 stuff later tonight?

I'd be down for that. I have a Gaige at the lower end of that range. My main is just outside it (44).

GT is ShadowedFlames, I'm online right now and about to swirch back over to BL2.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Thanks guys! Now I can use these guns to get killed by those two invincible jerks in the DLC.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Lowtax posted:

Thanks guys! Now I can use these guns to get killed by those two invincible jerks in the DLC.

:ssh: I already killed Hyperious. I'll help you tomorrow though, if that's cool.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Two questions: Does a shock resistant Bee even exist, or is it just corrosive, fire and explosive? Also does anyone have a shock elemental CC they want to dupe/trade? I've got a corrosive CC if you want to trade that even.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I've been using the same Sentry Engineer mod for Axton for fifteen levels now and haven't seen another. I really like the +3 to the Sentry skill that it gives me. Has anyone else seen one of these?

Hypothetical Mcgee
Apr 22, 2010

Is there a fix yet to the thing where quests don't scale up on PT2.5? On PS3 if that matters.

WeakLad
Aug 30, 2008

this is hilarious.

on 360 I had the hardest loving time finding legendaries. on ps3 a friend and I start a brand new game, kill knuckledragger at level 1 and he drops a level 2 hornet.

it'll be the only orange I see before Terra starts dropping mods

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
/\ That happened to me as well. Siren never saw a single orange or e-tech in the whole playthrough, on Gaige they've been dropping like crazy.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Kifisonfire posted:

Two questions: Does a shock resistant Bee even exist, or is it just corrosive, fire and explosive? Also does anyone have a shock elemental CC they want to dupe/trade? I've got a corrosive CC if you want to trade that even.

I have a shock resistant Bee and I believe I also have a shock CC. Feel free to add me and I can hook you up, especially if you're willing to hook me up with the explosive bee.
e: also, I probably wont be on until sometime in the afternoon West coast time, but offer stands if you catch me online.

Also, Hyperius is stupidly powerful. I respecced my Siren to be a healer in hopes that between sniping people at a distance and healing them with my phase lock I can maybe keep 3 people alive long enough to beat his stupid rear end.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
hi yall i just started playing this game

j0hn mccaln is my xbox

will people play with me / hook me up / teach me cool things???

Im level 14 or something

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ragnarak
Jun 17, 2003
I started paying the DLC at around level 28 without completing the main quest yet and seem to be finding much more expensive loot (e.g. Previously the most expensive thing I found was a couple of grand but have loot dropping that's worth over 20K). I've gone from having a few thousand cash to a few hundred thousand.

Is this a consequence of the DLC or just what normally happens around level 30? Am I ruining the main storyline by becoming overpowered due to the DLC?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
You're fine as far as levels. Blowing through Pt1 is really not a big deal since play through 2 is where the game gets teeth.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

KidKrampus posted:

I have a shock resistant Bee and I believe I also have a shock CC. Feel free to add me and I can hook you up, especially if you're willing to hook me up with the explosive bee.
e: also, I probably wont be on until sometime in the afternoon West coast time, but offer stands if you catch me online.

Also, Hyperius is stupidly powerful. I respecced my Siren to be a healer in hopes that between sniping people at a distance and healing them with my phase lock I can maybe keep 3 people alive long enough to beat his stupid rear end.
drat. I've got a fire Bee, but I've got other legendaries if you're looking for anything else.

I've added you on XBL, my GT is FREE SHRUGS

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Ragnarak posted:

I started paying the DLC at around level 28 without completing the main quest yet and seem to be finding much more expensive loot (e.g. Previously the most expensive thing I found was a couple of grand but have loot dropping that's worth over 20K). I've gone from having a few thousand cash to a few hundred thousand.

Is this a consequence of the DLC or just what normally happens around level 30? Am I ruining the main storyline by becoming overpowered due to the DLC?

The increase in cash is by design. Your money increases exponentially as the game goes on. Money is also meaningless unless you intend to play thousands of rounds on the slot machines, so there is no game balance issue.

And you aren't breaking the game by getting a few extra levels beyond what's expected. The experience scaling is such that the only affect will be a couple zones where you don't get a lot of xp for kills.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Yeah, I did the DLC before finishing Normal mode. I thought the DLC was higher on the cash by design since we're talking about pirate booty and all, which usually means a lot of cash. Normally scaling the levels wouldn't result in that big of a jump. (Also, think about the sheer number of chests in the DLC.)

Regarding the experience, the extra couple of levels will be inconsequential. I wouldn't worry about feeling overleveled.

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran
Three hours of trying to farm a conference call and an utter inability to get the treasure room to glitch, I'm throwing in the towel.

Anyone able to help someone on a 360 with any oranges besides the Bee and Impaler - GT akender87

WeakLad
Aug 30, 2008

I'm gonna be on later tonight on ps3. If you guys are down to loot it up, my psn is JustPlainLucky

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

Anyone able to boost a guy to 50 with the flesh stick? I'm on now.

xbox: bunnysplits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
So at what point does the Bloodshed tree start to lose it's punch? I'm thinking I'll respec into the Cunning tree for TVHM, but I would love to keep the surprise-insta-gib-fools-infinite-health train running as long as I can. Also I'm getting sick of seeing Law in my hands.

• Locked thread