Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Vinestalk posted:

Does Lithgow have mutton chops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Available at the Liverpool team store site:

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Oh Dick what are you doing..

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

trem_two posted:

Reminds me of this

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I wonder what's with all the American Liverpool fans, there seem to be a lot of celebrities who are Liverpool fans.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Official TRP board game found

quote:

Modelled on Monopoly and selling for €49, Play Ultras swaps the car, the hat and the boot for miniature hooligans armed with belts, sticks and bars.

Players must pass helmeted, baton-wielding riot police figurines to reach a football stadium. The winner is the player who can get the largest number of his pieces into the stadium to watch the game, while avoiding a stay in hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8GhEUANlOc

http://www.playultras.com/en/home/

Secret Santa's coming up, better get your orders in soon

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Hefe posted:

I wonder what's with all the American Liverpool fans, there seem to be a lot of celebrities who are Liverpool fans.

Because Lebron owns the team and he's the current super hot superstar. Similiary the people who own the Red Sox own them and the Red Sox are the US version of Manchester United.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Abu Dave posted:

Because Lebron owns the team and he's the current super hot superstar. Similiary the people who own the Red Sox own them and the Red Sox are the US version of Manchester United.
I always assumed that would be the Yankees? I thought the Red Sox were a pretty fair parallel to Liverpool with the historic but inadequate stadium, and that they hadn't won the title in loving ages until FSG bought them and they subsequently became champions within 3-4 years.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly they both would work well considering they have plastic fans and huge overseas apparel markets. The Red Sox are similiar to Liverpool in the same ways you mentioned also though, but I don't think it's the reason why Americans like Liverpool. I think it's a case of "Well I want to support someone, and I don't want to seem like a bandwagoner and choose the best team (United)" / "Lebron James loves them!". Or even they have a friend who likes United and wants to go with their biggest rival.

Also NESN, FSG's tv channel, talks about Liverpool so that might've had a hand, atleast in the New England territories.

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 5, 2012

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.
Here in the US, Liverpool are a lot like the Dallas Cowboys. Won a lot, long ago, and still have legions of front-running fans who stuck around for some reason.

Lebron James has nothing to do with it, man. What are you talking about?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Everyone hates Lebron

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why else would you explain why someone would be a non England based Liverpool fan in the modern era then if they aren't piggybacking off of a superstar?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Abu Dave posted:

Why else would you explain why someone would be a non England based Liverpool fan in the modern era then if they aren't piggybacking off of a superstar?

You talking about plastics is fuckin amazing and there isn't an :ironicat: big enough.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Abu Dave posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSGpiJ1Zvhw

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dal-gly-esh kills me every time.

Also scoozers.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

that is just adorbs

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

:stare: this looks like something they'll play on the news after finding luis suarez' dismembered corpse in this guys basement

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

Abu Dave posted:

Honestly they both would work well considering they have plastic fans and huge overseas apparel markets. The Red Sox are similiar to Liverpool in the same ways you mentioned also though, but I don't think it's the reason why Americans like Liverpool. I think it's a case of "Well I want to support someone, and I don't want to seem like a bandwagoner and choose the best team (United)" / "Lebron James loves them!". Or even they have a friend who likes United and wants to go with their biggest rival.

Also NESN, FSG's tv channel, talks about Liverpool so that might've had a hand, atleast in the New England territories.

You're talking a lot of poo poo.

The reason many overseas fans support Liverpool is that they don't want to look like bandwagoners and choose City or United or Chelsea (which is fair enough), and they like the history of the club and the romance (again fair enough).

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

trem_two posted:

this looks like something Supreme would make

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Every supporter in the Americas is a plastic unless they support the club closest geographically to where they live (their local English club) which is of course Plymouth Argyle.

Also have a pretty goal from a poo poo league, very nice control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpFq6TlI16o&t=9s

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
An example of Fair Play in Latin America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDaLcJdL6Rk

Carry on mate

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

luvd posted:

You're talking a lot of poo poo.

The reason many overseas fans support Liverpool is that they don't want to look like bandwagoners and choose City or United or Chelsea (which is fair enough), and they like the history of the club and the romance (again fair enough).

Or you could have been like me and really liked Michael Owen back in like '97 and kept up with the team even when he was outed as a dick and left.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

Drogadon posted:

Every supporter in the Americas is a plastic unless they support the club closest geographically to where they live (their local English club) which is of course Plymouth Argyle.

Also have a pretty goal from a poo poo league, very nice control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpFq6TlI16o&t=9s

truro fc bro. could do with a few fans at the mo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Just some Italian dude in front of a French statue

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Müller :allears:

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
German football is never boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSyhDbV9wHo

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

KROTCHY !!!

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat

This is absolutely magnificent

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Strictly magnificent one might say

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo8mP7XHq1E&hd=1

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

Closest defender immediately looks at the keeper like "bro?"

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

TasmanianX posted:

Closest defender immediately looks at the keeper like "bro?"

This camera angle is brilliant

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Cross-posted from the MLS thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvyt3f_7v2s

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

I like how recognisable they are in so few pixels. Few more here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
Those are pretty awesome. Particularly like Ozil and how fat Rooney's head is .

• Locked thread