Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
How To Protect Your Children On Halloween, A.K.A. The Pedophiles' Christmas

:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I'm bummed The Onion wasn't able to continue on IFC. The Shelby Cross stuff was completely indistinguishable from actual Nancy Grace segments. I think they would have done wonders in spoofing this actual interview Nancy Grace did with kidnapping victim Elizabeth Smart.

The Justice Shed segments still slay me, and I'd completely forgotten about that commercial at the end.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

This is quite similar to the recent

Pathetic Bobcats Owner Again Regaling Players With Tales of His NBA Glory Days

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Weird Couple Has Greatest Sex Of Their Lives After Announcement Of Disney-LucasFilm Merger

Last line:

quote:

The exceedingly strange couple added that they hadn’t had such great sex since 2007, when they “couldn’t keep their hands off each other” after learning Brendan Fraser had signed on to reprise his role as explorer Rick O’Connell for a third film in The Mummy franchise.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
Congress Forgets How To Pass A Law

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Foppish Dandy Disregards Local Constabulary shall forever stand as my favorite Onion headline of all time.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Sarkozymandias posted:

Foppish Dandy Disregards Local Constabulary shall forever stand as my favorite Onion headline of all time.

I love things written in Ye Old Tyme perspective.

Ask the Dauphin

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
They're up to three Onion Talks now! It'll be pretty hard to top the "idea guy" episode though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkGMY63FF3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiZeOgxpCmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tom6_ceTu9s

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Romney's Terrifying Google Search History Leaked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLMww8V4IUU

"Blood child, blood on a child"
"making the man eat garbage"

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

About a minute and a half in you can see some of the raw data from Romney's searches:

Mitt Romney's Google Searches posted:

will they know
the smell of bones
penis tears
convincing them _________________ food
sick lady, won't make it
I demand coffee scalding laws by state
I demand who is the man with no eyes
I demand powerful scrolls
I demand tensile strength of dog skin
WHAT IS CHINA?
WHAT ___________________
opposite of doctor
bus accident, school

They also posted them on the OnionPolitics twitter feed with the #RomneyGoogleHistory and #ObamaGoogleHistory tags.

EDIT:

OnonPolitics posted:

George W. Bush just crashed through ceiling to defend himself #debates

Ariong has a new favorite as of 04:19 on Nov 2, 2012

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Ariong posted:

About a minute and a half in you can see some of the raw data from Romney's searches:

They also posted them on the OnionPolitics twitter feed with the #RomneyGoogleHistory and #ObamaGoogleHistory tags.

EDIT:

These are incredible.

quote:

A man giving up on life (1080p)
Irishman Death Rattle
How to defeat the onyx man

EDIT: "Romney searched for 'the screaming, the screaming' over 70 times in one week."

Wubbles
Oct 30, 2011
"opposite of doctor", oh my god

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
Shitload of Math Due Monday

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Nation Suddenly Realizes This Just Going To Be A Thing That Happens From Now On

Welp, that's depressing.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pakistani Boy, U.S. Drone Form Unlikely Friendship

The last line is great.

JoltSpree
Jul 19, 2012

gently caress Everything, We're Doing Five Blades is still my all-time favourite, it was the article that introduced me to The Onion. Rereading it now, I can't help but hear Cave Johnson speaking the article in my head.

I also can't help but love their articles about God, despite how sad it makes me.
God Distances Self From Christian Right

It's pretty self explanatory, and then they throw this in at the very end:

quote:

At press time, God’s son, Jesus Christ, offered a countering view and confirmed He strongly believes pregnancies resulting from rape are, in fact, God’s gift.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

JoltSpree posted:

gently caress Everything, We're Doing Five Blades is still my all-time favourite, it was the article that introduced me to The Onion. Rereading it now, I can't help but hear Cave Johnson speaking the article in my head.

This one retroactively became much funnier after Gillette introduced their actual 5 bladed razor. Sorta like how Bush: 'Out Long National Nightmare of Peace and Prosperity is Finally Over' turned extra funny after September 11.

quote:

During the 40-minute speech, Bush also promised to bring an end to the severe war drought that plagued the nation under Clinton, assuring citizens that the U.S. will engage in at least one Gulf War-level armed conflict in the next four years.

:stare:

Boxman has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Nov 3, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Boxman posted:

This one retroactively became much funnier after Gillette introduced their actual 5 bladed razor. Sorta like how Bush: 'Out Long National Nightmare of Peace and Prosperity is Finally Over' turned extra funny after September 11.

:stare:
I'm not am mystic by any means, but I am positive that there was some sort of precognition going on there.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Anybody who loves this one absolutely must read the Memos from Bear Cave series.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'm not am mystic by any means, but I am positive that there was some sort of precognition going on there.

If "precognition" means "basic grasp of recent history and also cause and effect" then yes, there was some precognition going on there. Mystic crystal revelations!

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

redmercer posted:

Mystic crystal revelations!

Exactly.

Historians Politely Remind Nation To Check What's Happened In Past Before Making Any Big Decisions

quote:

While many citizens have expressed skepticism of the historians' assertions, the majority of Americans have reportedly grasped the concept of noticing bad things from earlier times and trying not to repeat them.

"I get it. If we do something bad that happened before, then the same bad thing could happen again," said Barb Ennis, 48, of Pawtucket, RI. "We don't want history to happen again, unless the thing that happened was good."

"When you think about it, a lot of things have happened already," Ennis added. "That's what history is."

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

"I just wish they'd told us about this trick before."

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
This discussion reminded me of an old article on CollegeHumor, "Seven Jokes that Came True," which includes that Gillete Article and is now annoyingly cut off partway into the fifth entry. Comedy Writers are amazing at making predictions based on current and past behavior. The first entry in particular does a good job describing that process.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bounty-officials-approve-third-ply,491/
Similarly, from waaay back in '98, and now 3-ply paper are regularly seen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh TheOnion :allears:

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
It's probably been posted, but this has always been my favorite.

"Should we be doing more to reduce the graphic violence in our dreams"
http://www.theonion.com/video/should-we-be-doing-more-to-reduce-the-graphic-viol,14330/

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Who Dat posted:

It's probably been posted, but this has always been my favorite.

"Should we be doing more to reduce the graphic violence in our dreams"
http://www.theonion.com/video/should-we-be-doing-more-to-reduce-the-graphic-viol,14330/

Another favorite dream-related video: Today Now! Chef Cooks 'Dream Omelet' That Came To Him In A Dream.

It features Jim Haggarty and cooking! :neckbeard:

Look a sunflower
Jan 6, 2010

There may be a boogeyman or boogeymen in the house.

Ariong posted:

Obama Google History posted:

Best "just because" presents for wives
The Beatles (pre-experimental)
Polite baseball announcers
Virtual Roller Coaster Ride
Inspiring stories, dogs

:3: Adorable

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm particularly fond of "reasonable boats".

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Romney slowly turning into $100 bill.

JoltSpree
Jul 19, 2012

Romney Rolls Sleeves All The Way Up Over His Head has me laughing far more than I feel it should.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Just a picture, but I thought it was hilarious:

Gluten-Free Pancake Mix Just A Bag Of Sand

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
White Sufficiency Movement Asserts Whites Right Up There With Other Races

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Headline: Proud Obama Takes Malia And Sasha To Polls To Vote In Their First Election

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

JoltSpree posted:

Came to post this, glad it was already here... I have tried to read this to people in the past and almost every time I am reduced to a blubbering pile of snot and drool.

It's very attractive.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Poll Workers Overhear Biden Repeating Phrase 'Banged Her' While Reading Names On Ballot

I wish the Onion's Biden was real.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Area Man To Run Naked Through Streets Tonight No Matter Who Wins Election

Makes me think the Onion writers are spying on my dorm hall.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
'The Onion' Calls Florida, Ohio, Colorado, Pennsylvania For John Edwards

Silent Potato
Sep 7, 2011

Defeated Man Victorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am so glad we get at least 4 more years of Diamond Joe stories :allears: