Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Metal Loaf posted:

I've heard that Uncle Ben is going to be revealed as the secret mastermind behind the next big Marvel crossover.

Uncle Ben's torrid love affair with Norman Osborn revealed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

Jerusalem posted:

Uncle Ben's torrid love affair with Norman Osborn revealed!

(this is a funny panel, right? right???)

From ASM somewhere between 509 and 514

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Metal Loaf posted:

I've heard that Uncle Ben is going to be revealed as the secret mastermind behind the next big Marvel crossover.

I heard something about Marvel doing a complete reboot on their entire franchise soon.

If they want to ignite the biggest wave of purestrain nerdrage ever, they should have Aunt May die instead of Uncle Ben.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Breetai posted:

If they want to ignite the biggest wave of purestrain nerdrage ever, they should have Aunt May die instead of Uncle Ben.

It may be just me, but that sounds kind of interesting. It may not be a very good idea to do so, but at least it would be a new idea.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
In honor of election day, some Captain America fun! Cap calls in a favor (from Avengers #186).

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Thunderfinger posted:

It may be just me, but that sounds kind of interesting. It may not be a very good idea to do so, but at least it would be a new idea.

Then you get Peter going around and using his powers to become the greatest chef in New York City to live up to the lesson she taught him before her death: "With wheat flour comes wheatcake recipes..."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Thunderfinger posted:

They've actually done it twice in What If and once in Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man run.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Everyone also felt Bendis missed an opportunity at "swerving" people in USM by having it be May who dies, but in his words "That doesn't need fixing. It works." And I agree. Boy loses a father figure and has to become a man. Boom. Even with the most modern possible view on gender roles, a boy losing his mother figure is quite a different narrative arc.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Deadpool v4 #1 is pretty good/dumb.

Agent Preston is the best :allears:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That looks like the kind of Deadpool that I've been wanting for so long. Just stupid, random fun. I believe the last time I read a Deadpool book and enjoyed it was when he started a pirate crew with Bob, Agent of Hydra and a blind girl as his navigator.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
...I have no idea whether or not I want someone to explain Lich FDR :stare:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

404GoonNotFound posted:

...I have no idea whether or not I want someone to explain Lich FDR :stare:

Something's don't need to be explained.

More Deadpool #1

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So I guess it's safe to assume that Deadpool got his healing factor back.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

enigmahfc posted:

So I guess it's safe to assume that Deadpool got his healing factor back.
Nope, that's the end of the book. No more Deadpool comics!

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
Deadpool's basically Bugs Bunny in the Marvel Universe. What's a cartoon if not indestructible?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Is there a way to copy pages from a digital comic? I got the new Mass Effect one-shot, and I'd like to post some of it here without resorting to :filez:.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I have taken screenshots of comiXology in Android and Windows without issue.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

smashpro1 posted:

Is there a way to copy pages from a digital comic? I got the new Mass Effect one-shot, and I'd like to post some of it here without resorting to :filez:.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say press print screen.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Alright, I managed to get it.

Mass Effect: Blasto: Eternity is Forever

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
For those that haven't played Mass Effect, just read the jellyfish alien's lines in Eyor's voice.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
...they made a Blasto comic.

...they made a loving Blasto comic.

I can die happy.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

From Blasto: Eternity is Forever. It wasn't as funny as the Easter egg in Mass Effect 3, but this is praise by faint damnation since said Easter egg is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

For those that haven't played Mass Effect, just read the jellyfish alien's lines in Eyor's voice.

You're thinking of an Elcor, they sound like Eeyore and have to state the emotional inflection of their words, Hanar are a hyper polite race of jellyfish beings, Blasto is basically their version of Shaft and is criticized as being an exploitation film in the Mass Effect universe. Here's a fan video using audio from the first trailer for Blasto. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGldy-ABbsw

Magic Love Hose posted:

From Blasto: Eternity is Forever. It wasn't as funny as the Easter egg in Mass Effect 3, but this is praise by faint damnation since said Easter egg is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

In ME3 Blasto's Elcor partner prefaces every statement with. "Badassfully" and it is hilarious.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Source: Junior Miss #32, January 1949
This is one of those old romance comics that was popular in the 40s and 50s.

This issue focuses on a love triangle between Chuck, Cindy, and Sandra.

Unfortunately, Sandra has a lot more money than Cindy

But Cindy is much more clever

She has a cunning plan

What's her secret?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dr. Venture is certainly a good person to use for a personification of jealousy.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

World's Finest 128

:pwn:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

PenguinKnight posted:

World's Finest 128

He's... He's weird...

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

PenguinKnight posted:

World's Finest 128

It's days like that he regrets not just being a normal billionaire orphan who uses the money to console himself.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It looks like he's turning into Dark Knight Returns Batman in panel 1.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
And how exactly did Morrison not reference this in Batman RIP?

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 11, 2012

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

This reminds me of the foglets from Transmetropolitan.

e: For those unfamiliar:

graybook fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 11, 2012

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

She sent him home to mommy with a rolling DDT! YEAH!

In context this is not that funny, but I think we've all had this morning.

Preacher #28

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PenguinKnight posted:

World's Finest 128

So what does Batman have against Fidel Castro?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So what does Batman have against Fidel Castro?

Bruce Wayne, proud American billionaire capitalist :patriot:?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
At least Simon Baz is realistic.

And Barry is awesome.

Green Lantern #14

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ensign_Ricky posted:

At least Simon Baz is realistic.

And Barry is awesome.

Green Lantern #14

Jesus, am I going to have to start reading green lantern now? I kind of want to read more with that guy in it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aquaman's trident really is the cherry on top of his green and orange fish scale suit.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I haven't been keeping up with the new 52 outside the first few issues, but I remember Hal ragging on Batman's lack of powers in the first Justice League issue. Does Batman have beef with Laterns in general for making fun of him? Because that's a genius idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Professor Wayne posted:

I haven't been keeping up with the new 52 outside the first few issues, but I remember Hal ragging on Batman's lack of powers in the first Justice League issue. Does Batman have beef with Laterns in general for making fun of him? Because that's a genius idea.

It goes back to Batman punching out Guy in the 80's. It resurfaced in Rebirth and pops up once in a while. As Guy says "Lanterns and Batman don't mix."

• Locked thread