Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

So, I did try out the Archangel on Tuesday. It failed to do much of anything, but I primarily blame that on the person I was playing against, a power gamer who pretty much built his list against what he knew he would be playing(oh, hey, there is pretty much nothing I can damage with blast damage, yay).

What was your list?

I want to like it, it looks so badass :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

404GoonNotFound posted:

Like I said, pStryker is essentially Warmachine's training wheels. He has a little of everything, making him good for learning the game, but apart from Earthquake douchebaggery he doesn't really have any standout strengths.

Keep in mind this list is pure theory with no actual in-game testing yet, and was only thrown together because I wanted to try a Storm gimmick:

General Adept Nemo (*6pts)
* Charger (4pts)
* Firefly (5pts)
* Hammersmith (8pts)
* Stormclad (10pts)
* Thunderhead (12pts)
* Squire (2pts)
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team (4pts)
Stormblade Infantry (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard (3pts)
Stormsmith Stormcaller (1pts)

Really, with his feat eNemo's 'jack allotment is "however many you want".

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the Hammersmith, but it 's given me a couple of ideas to start building Nemo, thanks!

Also the Team Covenant guys posted the WMW Finals video, check it out: http://teamcovenant.com/blog/2012/11/08/wmw-finals-video/

*edit* DAT TABLE :swoon::fh:

Willeh fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 8, 2012

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Willeh posted:

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the Hammersmith, but it 's given me a couple of ideas to start building Nemo, thanks!

Also the Team Covenant guys posted the WMW Finals video, check it out: http://teamcovenant.com/blog/2012/11/08/wmw-finals-video/

Yeah, the Hammersmith is really just there as a defensive tool, shoving back anything that tries to close in for an assassination run.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I always have to tell people who think I'm counter-teching against blast damage that no, I put the Satyxis in every drat list.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

theironjef posted:

I always have to tell people who think I'm counter-teching against blast damage that no, I put the Satyxis in every drat list.

No reason not to, those chicks are drat scary.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
I know ya'll be loving this poo poo right here

SPECIAL NOTE: PIP 31097 contains the same Mk II stat cards as PIP 31019 and 31069. The models in this box represent the same figures in the game. PIP 31097 replaces PIP 31019 and PIP 31069 by offering their contents in a complete unit with weapon attachments. However, the models in PIP 31097 are a new sculpt and therefore look different from the models in PIP 31019 and PIP 31069. In addition, these models are plastic rather than metal. The replaced PIPs will no longer be available from Privateer Press beginning February 1, 2013.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Lookit that guy getting excited about a bad unit.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Devlan Mud posted:

Lookit that guy getting excited about a bad unit.

Lookit this guy getting excited over a bad faction :smugdog:

E:

SPECIAL NOTE: PIP 33086 contains the same Mk II stat cards as PIP 33019 and 33049. The models in this box represent the same figures in the game. PIP 33086 replaces PIP 33010, PIP 33019 and PIP 33049 by offering their contents in a complete unit with weapon attachments. However, the models in PIP 33086 are a new sculpt and therefore look different from the models in PIP 33010, PIP 33019 and PIP 33049. In addition, these models are plastic rather than metal. The replaced PIPs will no longer be available from Privateer Press beginning February 1, 2013.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

crime fighting hog posted:

At least the new Kaelyssa sculpt is pretty rad, even if it suffers from awkward female posing.

edit:

:supaburn:

SCREW YOU MY EDIT IS BETTER.

Devlan Mud fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 8, 2012

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Holy gently caress plastic WGI are here

EDIT: Yeah that's going to be a preorder for me.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 8, 2012

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
New plastic infantry without Kriel Warriors? FOR SHAME.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I am mad about no plastic MHSF!

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.

Same bad faction melted your storm wall at WMW.
Loving the new sculpt though.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Where are the plastic Steelheads? Where are they? Why does Mercs have all the most fiddly metal infantry godammit

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Manifest posted:

New plastic infantry without Kriel Warriors? FOR SHAME.

I guarantee you will get plastic Champions sooner than later.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Macero posted:

It's good to see a ret battlebox, and yeah I like Kae's new sculpt. I might pick it up for the extra jacks.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Sulecrist posted:

Before Fennblades or Kriels :shepicide:

Adrian Finol
Sep 5, 2004
There's plastic Fennblades, right?

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
I just bought a full 50p eDenny list and I feel no guilt.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Adrian Finol posted:

Oh, whoops. That's what I get for ebaying my first list way back when.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ashcans posted:

Where are the plastic Steelheads? Where are they? Why does Mercs have all the most fiddly metal infantry godammit

Assembling the SHH is probably 80% of why I'm so biased against Mercenaries. Worst thing in the world.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Where the gently caress is Kreoss3?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Adrian Finol posted:

Yeah and they're great.

Chicken Slayer
Nov 7, 2009
Sweet, plastic Winter Goons!

If only I started Khador later in life :smith:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Macero posted:

Here's how many fucks I gave that game:

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Ashcans posted:

We can't have nice things.

I also already own 20 Steelheads. Please don't make me buy anymore...

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I'm not saying this in a "my faction needs more attention than yours" sort of way, but just out of shear curiosity, is Cryx now the only (non-merc/minion) faction without a plastic infantry unit?

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

Sulecrist posted:

That's my guess too, the new Champ unit we're getting gives them a core body to make various champ models out of and makes it cost effective to switch to making plastic champs since its more than just a plastic mold for a single 5 man unit.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

counterspin posted:

I'm not saying this in a "my faction needs more attention than yours" sort of way, but just out of shear curiosity, is Cryx now the only (non-merc/minion) faction without a plastic infantry unit?
Price of admission for playing Cryx, same as gapfill of Everblight.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

counterspin posted:

None of the Retribution or Skorne infantry is plastic either. Not a huge deal for Skorne as they are not as reliant on infantry, but Ret would love some plastic kits. Invictors / Sentinels have more or less the same body, same as Houseguard Riflemen / Halberdiers.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

It's weird for Ret, since they're so new. But I should have known Skorne.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The fact that the new WGI and Stormblades come with all their weapon attachments makes me really excited for whenever Kriel Warriors finally get their plastic box. It's $119 for the unit with 3 cabers right now. Seeing as Fennblades are $50 I wouldn't be surprised to be the Kriel Warriors at $60 or $65, which is just an insane price cut.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Darius would like to contest this "All of the Cygnar casters are good" assertion.

Darius got a lot better with the Stormwall. The entire faction got a lot better with Stormwall.

pStryker isn't bad, he is kind of boring though. He just has the misfortune of being an upkeep caster in a game with Purification. He isn't bad, that spell is just beyond too good.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I think the argument can be made that pstrykers best 2 abilities arent affected by purification: feat and earthquake.

I agree that he doesnt like all his buffs stripped, but hes definitely still competent imo.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Paint Vagrant where's your model(s) that won the Master Craftsman :colbert:
The rest of us goons who didn't get to get have been waiting patiently!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
This is the asphyxious model, there was a handful of banes, tartarus, and the withershadow combine, all models that I have not taken pics of yet.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Love that green lighting, hits the right spots without overwhelming the rest of the paint.

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.

Here's how many fucks I gave that game:

Best game ever when you scooped and ran for paint competition and feeple held out for 3 more turns.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Macero posted:

Best game ever when you scooped and ran for paint competition and feeple held out for 3 more turns.

I woulda had ya if it weren't for you pesky kids! That and I was already going "Moral victory, man. Go for the moral victory."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

General Adept Nemo (*6pts)
* Charger (4pts)
* Firefly (5pts)
* Hammersmith (8pts)
* Stormclad (10pts)
* Thunderhead (12pts)
* Squire (2pts)
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team (4pts)
Stormblade Infantry (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard (3pts)

Really, with his feat eNemo's 'jack allotment is "however many you want".

Honestly, I kind of feel like eNemo's feat is a trap. Focus Matrix rewards you for taking a lot of jacks, but those jacks seem like they would be useless for the majority of the game.
I do want to try running him with the battle engine though

• Locked thread