Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Flying Guillotine posted:

This looks awful, and I have no idea, why GW doesn't just make a sprue or some finecast of bits. They did it for the 40K2 weapons sprue, why not here?

They sell a finecast upgade set of sonic weapons, although the Doom Siren is trickier. The picture in the codex suggests it's the back pack, but older pictures suggests it's the weird amplifier-mouthpiece-heads, so you either get 1 in a pack or several.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

richyp posted:

Emperor's Children stuff

Hey, have you seen this guy's EC?
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/487760.page#4958179

Loaf32
Feb 18, 2007

I'M NOT ABOUT TO START SPENDING MONEY ON THE FORUMS, THANKS.
How many points are eagle face launchers?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

They want £100 for that. :stare:

gently caress off.

Maelstrom statement:

http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/

It looks like Wayland did some killer business.

Living Image fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 9, 2012

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Its nothing more than a glorified Defense Line but with no real rules to it. $160 for a wall that doesn't really do anything other than give basic cover saves.

Also, I keep seeing people put Despair Teks with Deathmarks. Is this just to use his morale flamer to sightly boost the units kill potential or is there something else I am missing?

this troper
Apr 4, 2011

:o
Rules technicality question! In the rules, it states that if a model does not specifically have a weapon with the Melee type, they are treated as armed with one close combat weapon. In the next paragraph, it notes that pistols can be used as close combat weapons. Does this mean a model with no melee weapon but with a pistol gets the +1 bonus attack for wielding "two" close combat weapons (as it is considered to be armed with one since it has no weapon with the Melee type) or does its pistol just count as its Melee weapon in this case, thus granting it no bonus attack? I assume its the latter since the other way means a model armed with a single pistol instead of a chainsword gets more attacks.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Flying Guillotine posted:

This looks awful, and I have no idea, why GW doesn't just make a sprue or some finecast of bits. They did it for the 40K2 weapons sprue, why not here?

There's a finecast bits thing for sonic guns up for preorder.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440213a&prodId=prod1710128a

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440213a&prodId=prod1710130a

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Corrode posted:

gently caress off.

I'm guessing the parts will be sold separately later, probably £30ish for the bunker, £20ish each for the thing you get 2 of and £15ish for each of the things you get 3 of.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Khorne Flakes posted:

Its nothing more than a glorified Defense Line but with no real rules to it. $160 for a wall that doesn't really do anything other than give basic cover saves.

Also, I keep seeing people put Despair Teks with Deathmarks. Is this just to use his morale flamer to sightly boost the units kill potential or is there something else I am missing?

The Deathmarks make his AP1 flamer wound on a 2+.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khorne Flakes posted:

Veil of Darkness + Hunters from Hyperspace to throw 2+ wound markers around.

e: ^^^^^ or that

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Infinite Karma posted:

The Deathmarks make his AP1 flamer wound on a 2+.

Well poo poo.

I thought only BRB rules applied from squad to IC and vice versa, not unit specific ones. Or was this a FAQ I glanced over?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

this troper posted:

Rules technicality question! In the rules, it states that if a model does not specifically have a weapon with the Melee type, they are treated as armed with one close combat weapon. In the next paragraph, it notes that pistols can be used as close combat weapons. Does this mean a model with no melee weapon but with a pistol gets the +1 bonus attack for wielding "two" close combat weapons (as it is considered to be armed with one since it has no weapon with the Melee type) or does its pistol just count as its Melee weapon in this case, thus granting it no bonus attack? I assume its the latter since the other way means a model armed with a single pistol instead of a chainsword gets more attacks.

You assume correctly. The pistol counts as a CCW, so the model is armed with a melee weapon and doesn't get a second one for free. Basically, 40K always assumes you have something to fight with in close combat because it doesn't have any rules for unarmed combatants.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

Corrode posted:

gently caress off.

Maelstrom statement:

http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/

It looks like Wayland did some killer business.

Good riddance, I hate maelstrom. I ordered things from them and two months later it still wasn't shipped. I got pissed off at them and demanded a refund. I recently ordered from Dark Sphere again, feels good. Long live Dark Sphere!

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Khorne Flakes posted:

Well poo poo.

I thought only BRB rules applied from squad to IC and vice versa, not unit specific ones. Or was this a FAQ I glanced over?

Pg 5 of the Necron Codex, midway down the right-hand side:

quote:

Q: Do models from a Royal Court that are attached to a Deathmark
Squad benefit from the Hunters from Hyperspace special rule? (p90)
A: Yes

Only works on 1 marked unit per Crypteks unit, but yeah, it'll tear up a Deathstar something fierce. Put 'em in a Nightscythe so you can be sure to drop them right in flamer range of your target.

this troper
Apr 4, 2011

PeterWeller posted:

You assume correctly. The pistol counts as a CCW, so the model is armed with a melee weapon and doesn't get a second one for free. Basically, 40K always assumes you have something to fight with in close combat because it doesn't have any rules for unarmed combatants.

Ah. Thanks.

As a second question, can a Chaos Marine Sorcerer replace his force weapon with another selection from their wargear list? (Essentially, does his force weapon count as the "close combat weapon" he can replace with something as the wargear list says the unit can replace its 'bolt pistol and/or close combat weapon)

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

this troper posted:

Ah. Thanks.

As a second question, can a Chaos Marine Sorcerer replace his force weapon with another selection from their wargear list? (Essentially, does his force weapon count as the "close combat weapon" he can replace with something as the wargear list says the unit can replace its 'bolt pistol and/or close combat weapon)

I don't think so, no.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
code:
+++ Zandrekh's buddies (2000pts) +++
+++ 2000pt Necrons 5th Edition (2012) Roster (Standard)) +++

Selections:

Necrons 5th Edition (2012) (Standard) Selections:

+ HQ + (505pts)

* Destroyer Lord (160pts) 
        (Ever-Living, Independent Character, Preferred Enemy (Everything!), Reanimation Protocols)
        Mindshackle scarabs, Sempiternal weave, Warscythe

* Nemesor Zahndrekh (345pts) 
        (Adaptive Tactics, Counter Tactics, Ever-Living, Independent Character, Phased Reinforcements, Reanimation Protocols)
        Phase shifter, Resurrection orb, Sempiternal weave, Staff of light
        * Royal Court
            * Harbinger of Despair
                (Ever-Living, Reanimation Protocols)
                Abyssal staff (Shroud of Despair), Nightmare Shroud (Nightmare Shroud)
            * Harbinger of Despair
                Abyssal staff (Shroud of Despair)
            * Harbinger of Destruction
                Eldritch lance, Solar Pulse (Solar Pulse)
            * Harbinger of Destruction
                Eldritch lance

+ Elites + (690pts)

* Deathmarks (195pts) 
        * 5x Deathmark
            (Deep Strike, Ethereal Interception, Hunters from Hyperspace, Reanimation Protocols)
            5x Synaptic disintegrator
        * Night Scythe
            (Deep Strike, Inversion Beams, Living Metal, Supersonic)
            Twin-Linked Tesla Destructor (Arc)

* Deathmarks (195pts) 
        * 5x Deathmark
            (Deep Strike, Ethereal Interception, Hunters from Hyperspace, Reanimation Protocols)
        * Night Scythe

* Triarch Stalker (150pts) 
        (Living Metal, Move Through Cover, Quantum Shielding, Targeting Relay)
        Heat ray

Heat ray

+ Troops + (700pts)

* Necron Immortals (170pts) 
        (Reanimation Protocols)
        * 10x Necron Immortal
            10x Tesla carbine

* Necron Immortals (170pts) 
        (Reanimation Protocols)
        * 10x Necron Immortal
            10x Tesla carbine

* Necron Warriors (180pts) 
        * Ghost Ark
            (Living Metal, Quantum Shielding, Repair Barge)
            2x Gauss flayer array
        * 5x Necron Warrior
            (Reanimation Protocols)
            5x Gauss flayer

* Necron Warriors (180pts) 
        * Ghost Ark
            (Living Metal, Quantum Shielding, Repair Barge)
            2x Gauss flayer array
        * 5x Necron Warrior
            (Reanimation Protocols)
            5x Gauss flayer

+ Fast Attack + (105pts)

* Canoptek Wraiths (105pts) 
        * Canoptek Wraith
            (Fearless, Phase Attacks, Wraithflight)
            Phase shifter
        * Canoptek Wraith
            Phase shifter
        * Canoptek Wraith
            Phase shifter

+ Extra Detachments +

* Primary Detachment

With the discussion on despairteks and deathmarks...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Wall of Martyrs is pretty much the most 40k name for anything ever.

*Edit* Wrong quote

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Where does Zahndrekh's Adaptive Tactics really shine? None of the ability's you can gain seem to be that beneficial for any Necron unit.

Tank hunters on a Guass heavy army is pointless. You will never Hit and Run anything with I2 across the board. Counter Attack on any troop unit is ok, your lovely warrior might get another few wounds on in combat before they are wiped out. Furious Charge without the Initiative bonus in 6th seems pointless on Crons since everything you have is pretty much 1 attack and is terrible in combat, 1 Strength isn't going to do anything. And Nigh Vision means maybe tanks you try to glance kill wont get a cover save of 6.

These ability's are good for almost any other army, but making most of it for combat or heavy weapon seems to make these rules bleh for Necrons. I suppose negating these rules on your enemy is nice, but I don't seem to see many units with any of these rules either.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khorne Flakes posted:

Where does Zahndrekh's Adaptive Tactics really shine? None of the ability's you can gain seem to be that beneficial for any Necron unit.

Tank hunters on a Guass heavy army is pointless. You will never Hit and Run anything with I2 across the board. Counter Attack on any troop unit is ok, your lovely warrior might get another few wounds on in combat before they are wiped out. Furious Charge without the Initiative bonus in 6th seems pointless on Crons since everything you have is pretty much 1 attack and is terrible in combat, 1 Strength isn't going to do anything. And Nigh Vision means maybe tanks you try to glance kill wont get a cover save of 6.

These ability's are good for almost any other army, but making most of it for combat or heavy weapon seems to make these rules bleh for Necrons. I suppose negating these rules on your enemy is nice, but I don't seem to see many units with any of these rules either.

More for phased reinforcements than anything, but good point.

e: Replace him with a mss/res orb/scythe/weave overlord then

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 10, 2012

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

I don't think so, no.

Similarly, I assume a Terminator Sorceror couldn't replace his force weapon either because the terminator weapons table specifically says 'power weapon'?

this troper
Apr 4, 2011

JerryLee posted:

Similarly, I assume a Terminator Sorceror couldn't replace his force weapon either because the terminator weapons table specifically says 'power weapon'?

Yeah, and the other chart specifically makes them replace their combi-bolter so there's that too. I'm just trying to help my friend put his army together since he's making a chaos army.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Khorne Flakes posted:

Reread the rule for Tank Hunters.

Furious Charge makes Warscythes instant kill T4.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

code:
+++ Zandrekh's buddies (2000pts) +++
+++ 2000pt Necrons 5th Edition (2012) Roster (Standard)) +++

+ Elites + (690pts)

* Deathmarks (195pts) 
        * 5x Deathmark
        * Night Scythe

* Deathmarks (195pts) 
        * 5x Deathmark
        * Night Scythe

Heat ray

Heat ray

With the discussion on despairteks and deathmarks...

4 Elites?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Khorne Flakes posted:

Tank Hunters is great on any Tesla Destructor you care to apply it to. Stealth is fantastic on any of the many skimmers you can find, especially combined with night fighting. A flat-out CCB with a 3+ cover save is pretty scary after moving 30” into position.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Posted this in the painting thread, but I figured I might as well throw it up here too.

Groetgaffel posted:

I finally managed to take a picture that doesn't look like complete arse of a test model I did a few months ago.
My theory was that white and purple would look good together. I think it came out decently enough considering my skill level, and hands about as steady as a 90 year old man with Parkinson's disease.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
BATTLE REPORT TIME!

We haven't had one in a while from anyone (SRM? where you at?!) so here goes!

1500 points

Dark Angels
Librarian (Warlord) with Terminators
7 Terminators in Land Raider Crusader
2 squads of Tactical Marines, combat-squadded
5 Scouts
Predator
Whirlwind
Vindicator

Dark Eldar – me and our BA player
Baron Sarthonyx (Warlord) with Hellions
Haemonculus (with Scissorhands) with 8 Incubi
Haemonculus (with no buffs) with Hellions
19 Hellions
3 x 10 Kabalite Warriors on Raiders
2 x 5 Wyches on Venoms

- 4×6 table as usual
- We agreed to use an optional scenario that puts a single 5-point objective in the center of the board, with the Marines deploying in a 12″ circle around it. The Dark Eldar deploy a further 6″ away from the center.
- Random terrain density, let’s call it ‘light’ density! Dark Eldar must use strategically placed LOS-blocking hills to aid their deployment
- No Night Fighting (actually we forgot to roll)
- Marines won deployment roll and opted to go first

First up, the unit cards I used!

I edited the Tyranid cards that someone handily posted a long time ago - I need to put in DE pictures and edit and add stuff, but they came in very handy. Lots less page-flipping!

DEPLOYMENT
The scenario calls for the defender to place a unit first, then the sides alternate placing units on the board.

The final deployment, with the Marines in the middle:

(Hellions widely spaced to protect from the blast template)

The only units in reserves are the Dark Angel terminators and Librarian, ensconced in the Land Raider.

Initiative NOT stolen, Marines go first!

Librarian Cornelius listened to the report from the outpost with growing anger. He slammed the headset onto the radio console and turned in his seat, looking with grim eyes at the Terminator squad that crowded the Land Raider with him. “Those buffoons didn’t detect a warp entry, and now they say they’re surrounded by Dark Eldar that have warped in for a raid.” He slapped the driver on the shoulder, motioning him to turn around. “Let’s go! And we must make sure to not let them take that archeotech back to the Dark City. Pray they don’t.”

TURN 1 – DARK ANGELS

None of the marines move, and the Whirlwind is the only thing that can fire, so it fires on the Hellions. It scatters, but the group is so large that it still takes out the Raider, forcing a pinning test that the Kabalite Warriors fail. They pass their Leadership test, so they stay put. Two Hellions are hit by the Whirlwind, but both pass their Feel No Pain rolls (from the Pain Point given by the Haemonculus) – unfortunately two more Hellions are hit from the Raider’s explosion, and one fails his armor and Feel No Pain rolls.

At the other end of the battlefield, the Vindicator can just see the blue Raider with the Incubi on board, and it scores a penetration, knocking out the Dark Lance for the next turn.

TURN 1 – DARK ELDAR
The blue Venom that started next to the Hellions moves flat out, straight up to the rear of the Predator, with the plan being the Wyches will disembark and immediately assault the vehicles guarding the objective.

The black Venom (left, behind the blue container) moves forward and shoots at the tac squad in the small ruins, killing a single Marine. The blue Raider with the Incubi, with a damaged Dark Lance, moves forward and goes Flat Out slightly to gain the extra Jink save. The plan is that no matter whether the Raider stays intact after it is fired upon in turn 2, the Incubi will disembark and charge the tactical Marines in the small ruins.

The silver Raider unloads its Disentegrator (3 shots) at the tac squad on the ground, and the Kabalites on board fire 10 twin-linked shots. The 5-man squad is taken down to just a single man!

TURN 2 – DARK ANGELS

The edges of Librarian Cornelius’s mouth turned up as his Land Raider crested a low hill, coming up behind a huge group of Hellions. “These filthy vermin must learn their lesson. The Imperium will NOT bow to their will! OPEN FIRE!”

The Land Raider arrives from Reserves, choosing to come in just behind the Hellions. Even with the Feel No Pain rolls, a huge chunk of Hellions are killed. The Baron helps them make their Leadership test, so they ignore their fallen comrades and they keep flying on!

As expected, the Incubi’s Raider is wrecked, and they disembark, preparing to take down the two Dark Angels tactical squads.

The blue Venom is wrecked, and the Wyches unfortunately fail their Pinning test! They pass their Leadership test however, so they stay in place. The other Venom is wrecked as well, and this squad of Wyches also fail their Pinning test! Disaster!!

TURN 2 – DARK ELDAR

The Hellions move up and prepare to shoot at whoever will present a good target after the Kabalites fire. The Kabalites on the black Raider fire on the tactical marines to the right of the Incubi, taking them all down. The Hellions fire on the tactical Marines remaining in front of the Incubi, taking them down to just a couple of Marines. The Incubi then assault, wiping out the remaining Marines and gaining a second Pain Point to get Furious Charge.

The Kabalites from the other Raider fire on the tactical Marines on the second floor of the big ruins, and four are killed, forcing this lone Marine to break and run! He climbs down and runs towards the closest table edge.

TURN 3 – DARK ANGELS

The Whirlwind moves back, attempting to get the Wyches out of its minimum range. The rocket rains down, killing all of the Wyches!

The Land Raider moves around the hill, ignoring the Kabalite Warriors who can’t harm it, and fires on the Hellions. The Baron uses his Shadowfield’s 2++ save to best effect, absorbing several hits from the guns, until the field fails (on a 1) and he finally falls. (forgot to do LOSir!!)

The Vindicator takes down a Raider, killing 7 of the 10 Kabalite Warriors on board. They pass both their Pinning and Leadership tests! 3 of the 5 remaining Wyches are killed by the Predator.

The Marine that was running...fails his Leadership roll again and keeps running!

TURN 3 – DARK ELDAR

The Incubi charge forward, hoping to do something (anything!) against the Predator. The surviving Kabalite Warriors move up to take a shot at the remaining Dark Angel on foot, the last Marine who can hold the objective…and take him out!

The last 2 living Wyches move forward to attempt an assault, and the last Marine in the ruins is killed. The Hellions kill all of the Scouts on the top of the red ruins. At this point, the Dark Angels have 9 victory points and the Dark Eldar have just 4.

TURN 4 – DARK ANGELS

The Vindicator unloads on the Incubi squad, killing all but 2 of the Incubi and the Haemonculus. They make the Leadership test and stay in place. The Predator shoots down the last surviving Raider, putting the final unit of Kabalite Warriors on the ground.

And the lone Marine that was falling back? He failed yet another Leadership test and ran off the table, giving the tricksy Dark Eldar another victory point!

TURN 4 – DARK ELDAR

The Haemonculus and Incubi duck behind cover to make sure they can survive another attack. The Hellions dive into the small ruins to also get some cover. The Kabalite Warriors behind the Vindicator get directly behind it on the outside of the building to get extra cover just in case. The Kabalite Warriors from the Raider that was just shot down move forward towards the ruined building corners.

TURN 5 – DARK ANGELS

“CHARGE FORWARD!! SLAY THESE DESPICABLE CREATURES!” Cornelius spat at his gunner as he readied his hand over the the switch that would lower the front assault hatch of the Land Raider.

The Land Raider moves flat out to drive over the objective, hoping to block any troops (of which there are many about – just not from the Dark Angel side!). Whirlwind backs up more to get the Incubi and Haemonculus out of its minimum range, then the Predator drives forward to fire on the Kabalites from the last Raider, taking a few of them out.

TURN 5 – DARK ELDAR

The Wyches wreck the Vindicator with 2 more glancing hits from their Haywire Grenades!

Then the Hellions rush forward to hold the objective!!

The End of Game Die is rolled! THE GAME ENDS!!!

SO WHO WON?!

KILL POINTS:
Dark Eldar: 11 (6 from Kill Points, 5 from holding the Objective) Linebreaker not considered a secondard objective for this mission
Marines: 11 (1 from First Blood, 9 from Kill Points, 1 from Slay the Warlord)

TIE GAME! What a thriller!

Librarian Cornelius looked out of the port window, aghast at the Hellions who carried away the ancient box of mysterious components. He knew the Dark Eldar wouldn’t have any use at all for the highly regarded archeotech – in fact, they had most likely staged the raid to simply take the piece of old Imperium tech away to their webway portal and back to Comorragh, to be put on some archon’s trophy rack. To the image-conscious Dark Eldar, the cost in the lives of their own was inconsequential when it came to showing off their tiny black box of dusty, millennia-old machinery – and laughing at the suffering of those who had tried to defend it.

THOUGHTS ON THE BATTLE: We went a bit anti-troop heavy, I think dropping one of the Raiders and taking another Venom full of Wyches, and with the leftover points giving more special weapons to the Kabalite Warriors (like Dark Lances) would have helped out in general, and in this game quite a lot. Tactically, I think the only mistake we really did was put a single Raider behind the huge hill, and putting the other big hill too far away and stacking 3 units behind it. The Land Raider coming in from Reserves could have come on anywhere, so we couldn’t worry about where it would enter, so we just carried on and dealt with it (by running away!) – luckily the FNP from the Haemonculus let the Hellions live to take that crucial objective point!

Full battle report with more pictures is here: http://hammertime40k.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/batrep-dark-angels-defend-against-dark-eldar-raid/

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Reread the rule for Tank Hunters.

Furious Charge makes Warscythes instant kill T4.

Reroll armor pen from shooting or combat. Ok, so a Lord with a Scythe or if you're ballzy and taking Lychguard with Scythes or maybe Heavy Destroyers. Necrons favor glancing tanks to death with Gauss, and the few items in the entire codex that can actually pen don't really need Tank Hunters.

Yes Furious Charge would make a Lord with a Scythe S8, but it would be on one guy. 3-4 attack S8 attacks is good, but at I2, who cares you're pretty much a power fist at that initiative.

The amount of points you would have to pour on to take him and a CCB for tiny little buffs doesn't seem worth it. I like the idea if the guy and the rules you can get, I just don't feel it works for Necrons at all.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Rerolling armor pen with Gauss weapons works too.

S8 AP1 is good in a challenge.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Double FOC at 2k

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
God, Necron troop choices are SO loving BORING.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

That's why you make them fun with crazy Cryptek/(Over)lord combinations.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

I played Necrons when they had their previous codex;
Troops: Necron Warriors.

And I have more than 60 of them lying around. :smith:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

krushgroove posted:

BATTLE REPORT TIME!

We haven't had one in a while from anyone (SRM? where you at?!) so here goes!

Another fun report! You guys seem to get some rules wrong though. That Marine wouldn't keep running; he'd regroup due to And They Shall Know No Fear. Looked like a fun game, and I haven't seen many ties this edition!

I've been meaning to, but I haven't gotten to that many games lately. The last game I played was last week and it was one of the worst games I've ever played. I already mentioned it in the thread, and it sure as hell wasn't exciting enough to warrant a report! I'd love to do another one soon though; I'll hopefully be gaming next week.

I've basically just been playing Dawn of War campaigns to scratch the itch :smith:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Ah man, it's not like our DA player to get rules wrong (he's an accountant, he devours rules!), I'm sure he'll blame a long working day for that mistake. I don't play marines (yet) so I completely forgot about that rule.

Looking forward to more SRM reports, there must be others out there. I'm just really jazzed about this game because it's the best result I've had against his Dark Angels - and it was a very close battle.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

SRM posted:

I've basically just been playing Dawn of War campaigns to scratch the itch :smith:

Man, Soulstorm could have been so cool.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Arbite posted:

Man, Soulstorm could have been so cool.

I'm already hemming and hawing about Dawn of Awesome 6, don't get me started.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Go nuts. It's the last time we're going to see the Dark Eldar or the SOB's in a videogame.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Arbite posted:

Go nuts. It's the last time we're going to see the Dark Eldar or the SOB's in a videogame.

Over 50 purity seals on the damned exorcist. And I still have 2 more to paint, and 6 penitent engines to put together. They could have at least added them as finecast when they gave us the crappy white dwarf codex.

Though seraphim with Celestine is great. Dual flamer pistols and heavy flamer overwatch plus I7 hit and run with an unkillable model is the greatest troll unit in 40k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Just finished my Baron conversion. The pictures could be better, but is this too over the top?

Used a Succubus model on a skyboard, with extra Archon parts I had. Added in reaver and razorwing bits left over to make the extra fins and model the phantasm grenade launchers on the sides.

• Locked thread